Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Would You Prefer A Nigerian Lady For Marriage? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Prefer A Nigerian Lady For Marriage? (8153 Views)

White Man Demands N2m To Return A Boy He Took From Nigerian Lady / Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady / Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Prefer A Nigerian Lady For Marriage? by oyinda3(f): 4:55am On Jul 25, 2009
Miss EZ:

as a man, u attract that which you are.most guys want fine babes, and wen they see a fine babe, they forget that character and not looks is what counts. if u buy market, u go chop am.

i'll say again, choose wisely.
(this is not to say women dont have issues, but men too get their own wahala) so lets stop blaming it on women and all try to be better spouses now and in the future

thank you.
honeyguy, you need to take advice from Miss EZ. U seem to be attracting the wrong girls. what qualities do you seek out in a girl?
but seriously though, there is really nothing wrong with marrying oyinbo. infact, if u prefer to marry oyinbo and marry naija instead because of family or whatever, your marriage might turn sour. so it's best to do what your heart tells you.
Re: Would You Prefer A Nigerian Lady For Marriage? by MissEZ(f): 4:58am On Jul 25, 2009
Oyinda, again i say God bless u. I have seen ur post on other forum topics and u seem well grounded in ur opinions. Nothing do u.

Its funny how naija boiz want to run naija chicks down, when they equally have issues.

infact i don too comment for this topic,dnt usually post this much, but men guys try to c good in us babes, some of us de try for una o
Re: Would You Prefer A Nigerian Lady For Marriage? by mccloud224(m): 4:59am On Jul 25, 2009
well i aint new in this country so i dont need no white woman for papers all ma fams here
but honestly its true about the fried rice thing,
ok heres another experience: an ex of mine a nigerian gurl slept with 4 of ma friends,  wutd u have 2 say to that?

Guy wetin u dey talk?How do you reason?Ehhh?Let's break it down.

Who talked about needing a white woman for papers?Do you think every guy from 9ja is that desperate to be a "citizen"?We wey dey 9ja dey try for we sef, as i dey type so, i never see NEPA light for over 3 weeks and na minimum of N3,000 on fuel i dey burn daily (dat equals N300,000 or $2,500 a month on fuel).So wey dey try.

You mentioned :chinese chicken fried rice".I ain't heard of no such recipe.Either way you look at it, it sounds phoney.Chicken and fried rice, YES but, Tell me, what sort of conversation did you have with the girl to let her ask you for such, that is assuming such happened?

Your ex slept with 4 of your friends?So what?Man get real with yourself and drop this attitude concerning your people.It's so "high school".How about white ladies who sleep with all the friends of her hubby plus her own friends and her employers friends?Huh?What do you say to that?Threesomes and foursomes are very common today.Who brought up the concept?Na Nigerians abi? 94% of all divorces in the U.S have infidelity as the root cause.Get your thinking pattern right.
Re: Would You Prefer A Nigerian Lady For Marriage? by samparian(m): 4:59am On Jul 25, 2009
Miss EZ:

honey guy, y r u acting like u dnt have male friends who have slept wit 4 girls that knew each other. on one hand u make some good comments, den it looks as if ur back tracking. girls and guys are capable of doing wrong deeds. thats the way life is.

true. i once dated two friends at the same time in those days. Very wrong.

Miss EZ:

In all honesty more guys cheat on their wives than the other way round

Also very true.
Re: Would You Prefer A Nigerian Lady For Marriage? by Diva1(f): 5:01am On Jul 25, 2009
Miss EZ:

Diva 1 God bless u, guys just de run me down for this forum. These are the same men that a naija lady will give up her life for and do everythn she can to make him happy and yet he will still be humping someone else somewhere(some girls do the same).

Make una just talk say una wan marry foreigner for visa and green card make we hear word.

The same way we have messed up chicks is d same way we have messed up guys.

As simple as that.
Re: Would You Prefer A Nigerian Lady For Marriage? by MissEZ(f): 5:05am On Jul 25, 2009
McCloud i mentioned in passing that guys somtyms marry oyinbo for papers so honeyguy chewed off my comment

chicken fried rice is chinese food, its common here for naijai pple to eat, cos its the closest thing to home

honeyguy is off point wit some of his comment, but he made some gd points earlier, so dnt crucify him too much smiley, n i am not defending cos i know him. dnt knw who he is, but we are all sharing opinions, lets be fair to one another
Re: Would You Prefer A Nigerian Lady For Marriage? by samparian(m): 5:05am On Jul 25, 2009
Name one white woman who married a broke a$$ 9ja man.
They always marry our educated, resourceful guys and divorce you when they feel you've outlived your usefulness. They only stick with you if you keep moving to greater heights.

Most Nigerian women try to stay with us no matter what financial/educational stutus you find yourself in
Re: Would You Prefer A Nigerian Lady For Marriage? by MissEZ(f): 5:08am On Jul 25, 2009
Samparian i am happy that u a guy is saying this, cos it looks as if our naija men are not feeling us

Some white chicks de try, n there is nothing wrong wit marrying them, but when naija men run us down and compare us to them, its kinda sad, cos we de try
Re: Would You Prefer A Nigerian Lady For Marriage? by mccloud224(m): 5:11am On Jul 25, 2009
@Miss EZ

Please specify the "valid" points honeyguy made apart from labelling our women as gold diggers.
Re: Would You Prefer A Nigerian Lady For Marriage? by MissEZ(f): 5:20am On Jul 25, 2009
well i tink the first comment he made was okay. he said he thinks naija babes are intelligent and beautiful.

i went back and read again, i was kinda mixing u guys up. sorry abt that, i ascribed a few things u said to him.

still he is expressing his opinions, which i disagree with, but he is entitled to them.

u've made some good comments by the way, and we naija ladies appreciate ur sticking up for us smiley
Re: Would You Prefer A Nigerian Lady For Marriage? by honeyguy(m): 5:23am On Jul 25, 2009
Most Nigerian women try to stay with us no matter what financial/educational stutus you find yourself in not always true
i aint saying all niger women are bad, just majority of em love you when u got the cash
white chicks aint saints either but they aint all about cash,
Re: Would You Prefer A Nigerian Lady For Marriage? by MissEZ(f): 5:30am On Jul 25, 2009
honeyguy, oyinbo chicks wey no send say u no get money, have money or their parents are rich. that is the difference. Plus dem send cheddar o. they are just fascinated with foreigners, by the time that wears off, story go begin

trust me i know, cos i stay here with them and i hear what they have to say abt foreigners. its all about the accent and sex, plus most of them are not willing to give up anythn for the man. instead they expect you to give up everythn for them.

oyinbo no understand why u go wan go back to naija, cos they feel yankee is much better. they dont understand that home is where the heart is. i dont blame dem, some of our naija boys giv them the wrong impression that there is nothing in naija to look forward to

PS: who no like money?isnt that what we are all hustling for? to atleast be comfortable and live comfortable lives?havent u heard of male gold diggers as well?pls lets be objective
Re: Would You Prefer A Nigerian Lady For Marriage? by mccloud224(m): 5:32am On Jul 25, 2009
@honeyguy

What part of CA are you?Is it Quebec or Ontario?The french speaking side or english coz i believe the white ladies you've come across are french and you don't really know them.Wetin u dey talk sef?Not all all women like money, God go do am for you, you go marry one canadian girl "wey no like" money and she will take you to the cleaners before christmas.

You still haven't answered my question.Who brought the concept of threesomes and foursomes?Is it nigerians or whites?Na only nigerians i don see wey dey run down their own people.Even togolese talk well of their people anywhere they find themselves.
Re: Would You Prefer A Nigerian Lady For Marriage? by samparian(m): 5:33am On Jul 25, 2009
I said 'MOST" Nigerian girls. I've seen a lot of Nigerian guys married to foreigners. very few marriages survive.

oyibo girls see divorce as a quick way out and barely put in much efforts to make the marriage work and believe me, they dont handle half of the chores the nigerian ladies tackle.
The Nigerian lady has your family and culture to contend with, and the stress of raising children in our present society. (water, Nepa, road no dey)
try moving to naija with your oyinbo girl and see how long your marriage will last if you no get plenty money
Re: Would You Prefer A Nigerian Lady For Marriage? by Diva1(f): 5:35am On Jul 25, 2009
honeyguy:

Most Nigerian women try to stay with us no matter what financial/educational stutus you find yourself in not always true
i aint saying all niger women are bad, just majority of em love you when u got the cash
white chicks aint saints either but they aint all about cash,

Honeyguy, it might not be always true BUT it applies to all women of all races. You lie when you say most white chicks are not all about cash. As Samparian mentioned before, which white woman have u seen with a Black guy that has no cash or good educational background whereas you see a Nigerian woman standing by her man in respective of no cash or good educational background.

How many threads or places have you seen women crying out, being battered by their men/husbands, all because they don't want to divorce or how many have you seen divorce because the husband/man got broke, it happens yes but how many have you seen compared to the whites/western world, any slight opportunity, they are out, and even do not leave empty handed.
Re: Would You Prefer A Nigerian Lady For Marriage? by mccloud224(m): 5:39am On Jul 25, 2009
oyibo girls see divorce as a quick way out and barely put in much efforts to make the marriage work and believe me, they dont handle half of the chores the nigerian ladies tackle.
The Nigerian lady has your family and culture to contend with, and the stress of raising children in our present society. (water, Nepa, road no dey)
try moving to naija with your oyinbo girl and see how long your marriage will last if you no get plenty money

GBAM!!!!

@honeyguy
You are in a dream world.
Re: Would You Prefer A Nigerian Lady For Marriage? by MissEZ(f): 5:41am On Jul 25, 2009
Diva1 God bless u. No be say dem no knw, As it is written in the bible, a prophet isnt appreciated in his own home. all dis naija men will not appreciate us until some1 do dem strong thing
Re: Would You Prefer A Nigerian Lady For Marriage? by honeyguy(m): 5:42am On Jul 25, 2009
well i grew up here in toronto and honestly i've seen and heard alota stories of how lota nigerian women call the cops on their hubby and how they cheat on their hubby around with fraud boyz
there are really good ones among them but trust me ,
Re: Would You Prefer A Nigerian Lady For Marriage? by mccloud224(m): 5:45am On Jul 25, 2009
@honey guy
well i grew up here in toronto and honestly i've seen and heard alota stories of how lota nigerian women call the cops on their hubby and how they cheat on their hubby around with fraud boyz
there are really good ones among them but trust me

And white women dont do such abi?Men, the mental deductions of some people never ceases to amaze me.God is really wonderful.
Re: Would You Prefer A Nigerian Lady For Marriage? by samparian(m): 5:46am On Jul 25, 2009
mccloud224:

And white women dont do such abi?Men, the mental deductions of some people never ceases to amaze me.God is really wonderful.

grin grin
Re: Would You Prefer A Nigerian Lady For Marriage? by MissEZ(f): 5:47am On Jul 25, 2009
honey guy i am tryn to understand ur point of view, but u dint ansa my first question. is it only nigerian women that cheat on their men? dont men cheat on their wives too?

u really dont c any good in us?

if u want to marry oyinbo, by all means do, but please dont make it look like its cos there isnt any good naija lady, cos ur using the very few bad eggs in canada to xterize all naija babes. Even in canada i am sure there are good naija wives?

did u eva find out y dose ladies called the cops on their husbands. nobody knows what really happens in pples homes, so dont draw conclusions on dat, cos u dnt know wat really happened
Re: Would You Prefer A Nigerian Lady For Marriage? by Diva1(f): 5:49am On Jul 25, 2009
Miss EZ:

Diva1 God bless u. No be say dem no knw, As it is written in the bible, a prophet isnt appreciated in his own home. all dis naija men will not appreciate us until some1 do dem strong thing

God bless you too my sistah smiley Honestly not even because I'm Nigerian too, Honeyguy I am presently in the US too and have been here for a while, you cannot compare Nigerian women to White women especially the negatives. You are implying that the negatives of a Nigerian woman far outweigh that of the western woman which is not true.

As Mccloud224 said, go and marry a white woman, bring her to Naija where there is hardship, and you gat no cash, then do the same with a Nigerian woman, come tell us the difference.
Re: Would You Prefer A Nigerian Lady For Marriage? by MissEZ(f): 5:51am On Jul 25, 2009
lol, nice one
Re: Would You Prefer A Nigerian Lady For Marriage? by honeyguy(m): 5:53am On Jul 25, 2009
my point is this alota white women divorce easily and can't stand marital stress but usually not based on financial problems but our niger women despite all our so called culture and background trainings their first priority is money. i've seen lota nigerian mothers that tell their daughters to get what they want with what they have, why so
most nigerian parents when their daughters bring their bf home the first thing they ask is his financial strenght
Re: Would You Prefer A Nigerian Lady For Marriage? by honeyguy(m): 5:59am On Jul 25, 2009
i aint really into white women but am just based on the fact that nigerian women have that wrong mentality of money for hand back for ground,
we all would wanna marry a woman that understands our language and culture but if you are scared of marrying your own people cos you are thinking what happens when you are no longer financially strong then thats a problem
Re: Would You Prefer A Nigerian Lady For Marriage? by MissEZ(f): 6:00am On Jul 25, 2009
fair enuff honey guy. but as a father would u want ur daughter to marry someone who cant take care of her? if u were a woman will u marry someone and not consider his finance? (how abt ladies who marry men who arent rich, arent they nigerian too?) dont white pple discriminate against future inlaws cos of money? the truth is naija ladies will consider ur finance, but most will still marry u even if u r broke.

this point ur making is not limited only to nigeria, it happens everywhere. who will be happy to give his child to a poor man? nobody. yet when the lady tells her parents she wants to marry the man, eventually they let her, even when they know that  they will have to contribute to make the marriage work.

the reason i am so passionate abt this topic is cos i am currently wit someone who isnt rich, and i hav had richer men propose, but i am sticking to this youngman cos i know that money isnt everythn. u can be rich today and poor 2mrw, vice versa. so when u say the things ur saying, it makes me wonder cos alot of my friends are in the same shoes.

dont get me wrong, i hav considered his financial state, but unlike the claims ur making, i have decided that its not the most important thing and i am hoping for the best.

there are countless single and married naija ladies that are standing behind their men, even tho they dont have money yet. money will come, but till den, love will have to do
Re: Would You Prefer A Nigerian Lady For Marriage? by mccloud224(m): 6:01am On Jul 25, 2009
my point is this alota white women divorce easily and can't stand marital stress but usually not based on financial problems but our niger women despite all our so called culture and background trainings their first priority is money.

@honeyguy

Is that so?White women dont get divorced due to financial reasons?Okay, can you then tell me why these women go to great lengths to make sure the guy remains penniless after the divorce?

I mean a divorce is supposed to be a dissolutuion of marriage and everyone goes seperate but these women really want you to suffer for a long long long time and their a laws in the constitution that are 100% feminist inclined.The lady always WINS.If women aren't interested in money, why did women fight so hard to have more constitutional rights than men when it comes to divorce?Ehh?Like i said earlier, you are in a dream world.Sooner or later, you eyes will clear up and you'll see how your "non-money loving" honeys treat you.

Guy stop dancing around, marry a whitey and come and spend sometime at home.I tell you, if NEPA no bring light for 3 days, she go put bullet in the middle of your "white- girl- loving- ass"!
Re: Would You Prefer A Nigerian Lady For Marriage? by Diva1(f): 6:02am On Jul 25, 2009
honeyguy:

my point is this alota white women divorce easily and can't stand marital stress but usually not based on financial problems but our niger women despite all our so called culture and background trainings their first priority is money. i've seen lota nigerian mothers that tell their daughters to get what they want with what they have, why so
most nigerian parents when their daughters bring their bf home the first thing they ask is his financial strenght

Another lie shocked who is feeding you such? For real where in Toronto r u located, I'm coming to get u out of there. Did u just say say white women rarely divorce based on financial problems?? Oh my!
I'm not disputing the fact that women like money but when you generalise,it becomes a problem. Maybe the fault is from you why you keep meeting this type/set of Nigerian girls, you got to search ur own self or your luck. Of cause parents want what is best for their children. Who wants their child to suffer after raising them up. It is not left for the girl to convince her parents she would be alright if the financial status of her man isn't strong enough.

I disagree when you say most Nigerian mothers advise their daughters such, some yeah but not all.
Re: Would You Prefer A Nigerian Lady For Marriage? by mccloud224(m): 6:05am On Jul 25, 2009
@Diva1

Honeyguy goes after prostitutes NOT normal girls.That's all these things keep happening to him.
Re: Would You Prefer A Nigerian Lady For Marriage? by mccloud224(m): 6:06am On Jul 25, 2009
@Diva1

Honeyguy goes after prostitutes NOT normal girls.That's why all these things keep happening to him.
Re: Would You Prefer A Nigerian Lady For Marriage? by MissEZ(f): 6:08am On Jul 25, 2009
mccloud please go easy on the guy abeg. i know u disagree with his opinions, but people have different world views smiley
Re: Would You Prefer A Nigerian Lady For Marriage? by mccloud224(m): 6:09am On Jul 25, 2009
Alright people, i gotta call it a nite.

@Samparian : Laters man

@Honeyguy : Dream on.It's inexpensive

@NL Chicks : Stay beautiful.Una be the best.No let some "Been tos" tell you different.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I'm Having Sleepless Nights Over A Mistake. What Do I Do / Get Affordable CCTV Installation For Your Home/office (video) / Is It Okay For A Woman To Call Her Husband By Name?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.