Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,398 members, 7,819,420 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

Would You Prefer A Nigerian Lady For Marriage? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Prefer A Nigerian Lady For Marriage? (8151 Views)

White Man Demands N2m To Return A Boy He Took From Nigerian Lady / Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady / Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Prefer A Nigerian Lady For Marriage? by Diva1(f): 6:10am On Jul 25, 2009
mccloud224:

Alright people, i gotta call it a nite.

@Samparian : Laters man

@Honeyguy : Dream on.It's inexpensive

@NL Chicks : Stay beautiful.Una be the best.No let some "Been tos" tell you different.

Goodnight Mc.
Re: Would You Prefer A Nigerian Lady For Marriage? by MissEZ(f): 6:10am On Jul 25, 2009
good nite
Re: Would You Prefer A Nigerian Lady For Marriage? by samparian(m): 6:11am On Jul 25, 2009
@mccloud
cheers bro
Re: Would You Prefer A Nigerian Lady For Marriage? by MissEZ(f): 6:12am On Jul 25, 2009
Diva1 c we don enter 5 pages, lol, wen i saw this post yesterday, i dint believe it would go this far
Re: Would You Prefer A Nigerian Lady For Marriage? by samparian(m): 6:14am On Jul 25, 2009
such a sensitive issue attracts great attention
Re: Would You Prefer A Nigerian Lady For Marriage? by Diva1(f): 6:16am On Jul 25, 2009
Miss EZ:

Diva1 c we don enter 5 pages, lol, wen i saw this post yesterday, i dint believe it would go this far

grin I was just passing by, but this attracted me. I just had to step in. But jokes aside, I hope this Honeyguy sees and learn something from these, at least with these opinions from different people.
Re: Would You Prefer A Nigerian Lady For Marriage? by MissEZ(f): 6:16am On Jul 25, 2009
yes o. honeyguy we no de attack u o, we r just tryn to make u understand that things r way different from the way u c it. no beef man. we may disagree wit ur opinions, doesnt mean we dnt respect u as a person.
Re: Would You Prefer A Nigerian Lady For Marriage? by honeyguy(m): 6:17am On Jul 25, 2009
miss EZ maybe you are among the few but stil it happens
Re: Would You Prefer A Nigerian Lady For Marriage? by oyinda3(f): 6:19am On Jul 25, 2009
honey guy, white ppl divorce from marital stress? what is marital stress?  
you see some naija ppl will excuse the most ridiculous things from foreigners, but will not tolerate anything from their own ppl. lol

yea i agree about the money part with naija girls but that's a naija mentality in general. where the man is supposed to be the provider for the family and the wife's role is to be housewife or home maker. In US, women work and contribute financially they're brought up with the mindset that they are not inferior to men. unlike naija where the running joke is that women's education end in kitchen and she has to depend on husband for all her needs. so i agree with you in that sense.
But i don't get your point still though. because your point only applies to some women in naija. Many naija women abroad have to work very hard and sometimes make more money than their husbands (doing nursing etc) and the men complain about that. probably because being the financial provider gives them power and more control over the marriage and they are lose that power when the wife can provide for herself.
Re: Would You Prefer A Nigerian Lady For Marriage? by honeyguy(m): 6:19am On Jul 25, 2009
thanx every1 stil
love y'all
Re: Would You Prefer A Nigerian Lady For Marriage? by honeyguy(m): 6:21am On Jul 25, 2009
oyinda ki lo nse e gan
jeki nsoro lol
Re: Would You Prefer A Nigerian Lady For Marriage? by Diva1(f): 6:22am On Jul 25, 2009
honeyguy:

thanx every1 stil
love y'all

U r welcome. As Miss EZ said everyone is entitled to their opinions and we should respect each other's but this conclusion you made is wrong. Think about it again.
Re: Would You Prefer A Nigerian Lady For Marriage? by samparian(m): 6:22am On Jul 25, 2009
some of our people tend to condemn everything naija once they travel out.
when my cousin travelled to UK for his masters, he called me and asked how i had to courage to return home after seeing all the things abroad.
i simply told him that i travel for business/pleasure and i love living in naija, no matter what.

my cousin has since finished his masters and refused to relocate to naija. he's working now and wants to marry his oyibo girlfriend. His family dey shout grin
Re: Would You Prefer A Nigerian Lady For Marriage? by samparian(m): 6:27am On Jul 25, 2009
oyinda.:

and the men complain about that. probably because being the financial provider gives them power and more control over the marriage and they are lose that power when the wife can provide for herself.

I dont mind if my wife makes more money than i do as long as we both find time for the family and understand ourselves well.
Naija men these days no want house wife
Re: Would You Prefer A Nigerian Lady For Marriage? by MissEZ(f): 6:28am On Jul 25, 2009
men SAmparaian, i get done wit sch in december, cant wait to go back home. people ask why? i tell dem its easier to be broke at home than it is here. besides theres no place like home. finally i miss my baby so much, thats a strong incentive to come back if all fails.lol. but really cant wait to go back to naija
Re: Would You Prefer A Nigerian Lady For Marriage? by oyinda3(f): 6:34am On Jul 25, 2009
honeyguy:

oyinda ki lo nse e gan
jeki nsoro lol

oya bere oro e. we're all ears. lol
Re: Would You Prefer A Nigerian Lady For Marriage? by honeyguy(m): 6:35am On Jul 25, 2009
cant wait to visit niger for xmass
i heardlota things have changed
Re: Would You Prefer A Nigerian Lady For Marriage? by honeyguy(m): 6:38am On Jul 25, 2009
where are all y'all from newayz
Re: Would You Prefer A Nigerian Lady For Marriage? by Amigoz(f): 6:43am On Jul 25, 2009
If i were a guy, y not.
Re: Would You Prefer A Nigerian Lady For Marriage? by MissEZ(f): 6:50am On Jul 25, 2009
from naija men, kogi state to be precise. say in the US for now
Re: Would You Prefer A Nigerian Lady For Marriage? by samparian(m): 6:51am On Jul 25, 2009
Miss EZ:

i tell dem its easier to be broke at home than it is here.

most people get broke when they dont cut their coat according to the material they have grin
Re: Would You Prefer A Nigerian Lady For Marriage? by MissEZ(f): 6:58am On Jul 25, 2009
well its also d recession, jobs r harder to find,
Re: Would You Prefer A Nigerian Lady For Marriage? by Profkenny1(m): 11:37am On Jul 25, 2009
it depends,
Re: Would You Prefer A Nigerian Lady For Marriage? by hackney(m): 7:35pm On Jul 25, 2009
I prefer a naija girl. (some naija girls are really nice but just very hard to find)
Infact if all these 'other' girls were naija, i'll be married by now (and they know).
Re: Would You Prefer A Nigerian Lady For Marriage? by lastpage: 12:31am On Jul 26, 2009
@Samparian
I dont mind if my wife makes more money than i do as long as we both find time for the family and understand ourselves well.
Naija men these days no want house wife
Thank you for the above.
Most people tend to neglect the fact that some men are just not comfortable with their wife being out of the house for most part of the day, like from House-Gate, to work and back to House-gate, 10-12hrs!

Everyday!! And the man is working too!!Who looks after the kids? M-I-N-D-E-R-S?

What is the essence of acquiring all these wealth when, because you dont have time for kids, which naturally translate to bad upbringing, the "future" turns out to be wayward or a complete waste?

Only men who are "inherently weak or inferior" bother or feel threatened about their wife earning more than them.
Real men, at that stage, look at the impact of "Mummy's absence" from the house, throughout the day time, on their offspring,
, though, different people place different "premium" on their children.

My wife earning more than me can only mean one thing: I have a lot of reserve to fall-on, should the need arise grin grin
I borrow in "cash" and pay her in "kind"! No be only women sabi dat style!
shocked grin

Lastpage.
Re: Would You Prefer A Nigerian Lady For Marriage? by samparian(m): 4:06am On Jul 26, 2009
lastpage:

I borrow in "cash" and pay her in "kind"! No be only women sabi dat style![/color] shocked grin

lmao the thing is that what is yours is hers and hers is yours. some people dont just get that.
this doesnt apply to oyibo woman o.
to oyibo, what is yours is hers and what is hers remains hers grin
Re: Would You Prefer A Nigerian Lady For Marriage? by paddylo1(m): 5:22am On Jul 26, 2009
Women are women everywhere, however if I want to get married, I have to marry an african girl, period, naija, ghana, kenya, caribbean, blk american, e no matter, though I prefer naija and ghana,
People wey dey yarn about oyibo girls, na ppl wey never leave naija, or jjcs, trust me I don dey this obodo for 5yrs now, and I come in contact with a lot of white ppl young and old,
The thing I will add to what ppl have said abt oyibo(that is divorce take your money and so on is, ) is that oyibo girls enter rapid rate of deterioration after 30yrs of age, by 38 most of them look like they are approaching 50, 4get wetin u see for hollywood, na film trick, also sun na wahala for them, it dmages their skin, so na sun screen 24 during summer, that one mean say moving to naija is out of the question fort them, plus white chicks are fickle, todau they love u so much, the next day dem fit begin sleep wit your bestman, especially the ones that chase blk guys with accent,
I love naija or african girl, that u can relate to, if its naiaj girl speak your language together, speak your language to your kids, plus nigerians do have the most beautiful acccent, of all africans, trust me I didn't even know that, till chicks started to open their leg once I talk to them for one nite 4 club, ol boy naija girls una no get nothing to worry abt, just have some goals, be educated have a good heart(plus e no go bad if she get ikebe also), and I will treat u like my queen
Re: Would You Prefer A Nigerian Lady For Marriage? by Frizy(m): 12:09pm On Jul 26, 2009
I've heard many married men saying one their biggest mistake is marrying a Nigerian lady, 'specifically from the south, west and eastern part of Nigeria. These guys complains for lack of true love and respect in the marriage even though they respect their wives.

[li]Some of these men even complain that the moment the wedding ceremony is over the whole idea of "who is the head of home" changes and that the wife wants to do all the controlling, (why).

Some even say they found out that these ladies tend to love their mum the more and to the fact that there's no more hidden secret in their home.

Some goes on to say their wives have overturn their destiny to theirs (can this be true) that the moment they got married to their wife everything crumbled in their life.

Are all these true among the Nigerian ladies, pls cast your opinion and personal experience

This can be true to a large extent, but it can't be all Nigerian women. There will be some or few who are different. By the way, it's not a must for you to marry from your own people, if you prefer other nationals please go head and care less about what the people may say. wink
Re: Would You Prefer A Nigerian Lady For Marriage? by stmanpule(m): 12:39pm On Jul 26, 2009
honestly everthing you wrote is fictional
Re: Would You Prefer A Nigerian Lady For Marriage? by Roforofo(m): 5:21pm On Jul 26, 2009
My people. I throway salute. Dis na interesting topic. My advice. Pray to God/Allah or whoever you believe in and hope to find a good wife or husband then work hard to make the marriage work. Dis sef does not guarantee marital success but I think it is at least a good starting point. A few examples. My sister and brother-in-law divorced after 4 years, both Naija. My sister friend divorce im Naija husband for Lagos after im discover say im husband get HIV, both Naija again! My padipadi for Yankee na Yoruba boy wey marry Fulani girl from Katsina,married 6 years with two children and still together in the States. My broda and im wife both Naija still together 15 years.  My wife na oyinbo Swede, we dey live for Jand still together, two children and married 6 years after dating for 3 years. I am not an expert in marriage and I do not claim to be. All I dey advise na say formula no dey this thing. Na to pray and work and hope that your marriage works. Marrying someone from your hamlet or from Alaska does not guarantee anything. Marriage no be mathematics grin
Re: Would You Prefer A Nigerian Lady For Marriage? by xammy(m): 12:53am On Jul 27, 2009
i believe all this control chicks can be checked during the selection processe
Re: Would You Prefer A Nigerian Lady For Marriage? by breathless(m): 3:51pm On Jul 27, 2009
9ja women are d bomb. marry a well cultured and trained, homely and caring, matured and gifted woman, ur life will never be d same again. i'm lucky 2 av married one. she was my prayer answered.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I'm Having Sleepless Nights Over A Mistake. What Do I Do / Get Affordable CCTV Installation For Your Home/office (video) / Is It Okay For A Woman To Call Her Husband By Name?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.