Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,427 members, 7,822,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal (27630 Views)

Governor Amosun Pushes A Thug At Adeleke's Burial (Photo) / Petrol: NNPC Pushes For N150 Per Litre.. / Ben Bruce Reacts To Lai Mohammed's Blaming Of GEJ For Fuel Scarcity (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by Firmjudge(m): 6:35am On Apr 24, 2015
QuotaSystem:

I don't think you read the report.

1. We are still under a PDP government.

2. They are only covering up now because Buhari recently mentioned it was possible to sell fuel at N40 only.

3. The shame is on the NNPC under Diezani and Goodluck because they allowed dozens to die in subsidy protests when they knew it was a failed program characterized by round tripping, only to admit it and call for its removal now that they know that are about to be investigated.

4. Subsidy is and was a SCAM.

welldone you that read it, btw is pdp not d opposition already school yourself not me
Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by QuotaSystem: 6:43am On Apr 24, 2015
Firmjudge:

welldone you that read it, btw is pdp not d opposition already school yourself not me

Don't get emotional or defensive when corrected, you risk going wrong again.

Though PDP is technically the opposition now, the subsidy scam and protests held under the PDP, and the same PDP administered NNPC have come out to lick up their vomit under the same PDP government.

Try to read articles before commenting next time, or you'll be schooled again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by funmilade4real(m): 6:45am On Apr 24, 2015
SeverusSnape:
GEJ my hero, Fayose and wike my role models, Diezani my mentor.

**Are you angry at this comment??, If yes, Then you need urgent medical check up**

It is you who needs medical attention
Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by omojeesu(m): 6:45am On Apr 24, 2015
MAY GOD DELIVER US FROM EVIL MEN AND WOMEN WHO HAVE BEEN REAPING US OFF. WHAT IS THE SITUATION IN OTHER OPEC COUNTRIES? OUR PROBLEM REMAINS CORRUPTION WHICH HAS ENSURED THAT OUR REFINERIES DONT FUNCTION AND THE PIPE LINES LEAK. CORRECT THESE TWO AND SANITISE ADMINISTRATION AND FINIANCE SECTORS, THE SITUATION WILL IMPROVE SIGNIFICANTLY. GOD HELP THE INCOMING FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by Firmjudge(m): 6:47am On Apr 24, 2015
QuotaSystem:

Don't get emotional or defensive when corrected, you risk going wrong again.

Though PDP is technically the opposition, the subsidy scam and protests held under the PDP, and the same PDP administered NNPC have come out to lick up their vomit under the same PDP government.

Try to read articles before commenting next time, or you'll be schooled again.

its seems you are getting disturb by your nightmare.

Why on earth should you claim you corrected me for what i already know.?

Maybe if you had your humors and sarcasm on you would have stop and not mention me stop wasting your time on me.

Ohh less i forget.

Next time learn to read properly before you start playing intelligent.

It only makes you ******

1 Like

Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by Vikky014(f): 6:51am On Apr 24, 2015
rhema4u:
Its only in Africa that people don't rest; even after death they stil work as ancestors, busy eating kola, demanding schnapps, white rooster, he-goats & settling land dispute.
u don kill me wt laughter dis morning. chai! so true

1 Like

Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by 9jatatafo(m): 6:55am On Apr 24, 2015
SCAM!!!!!
Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 6:56am On Apr 24, 2015
I thought the APC Government was saying there is no subsidy. Now that GEJ is going, they are using different mouthpieces to announce the need to remove subsidy. In 2012, I campaigned for removal of subsidy, but after considering the fact that there is No welfare programme, no social security and no shelters for the aged, I hereby state that subsidy is the only form of welfare for the common-man, that this Federal Government MUST diversify from oil, and venture into other ways of generating extra funds and KEEP THE SUBSIDY AS THE ONLY FORM OF WELFARE FOR THE POPULACE, we buy diesel and petrol to power our Homes due to Failure of Gowon, Murtala,Obasanjo, Shagari, Buhari, Babangida, Abacha, Abdulsalam, Shonekan, Obasanjo again and Yaradua; Jonathan led the privatization exercise and is exempted. Buhari MUST as a matter of urgency declare state of emergency on the power sector before his cladestine moves to remove Subsidy which is the ONLY FORM OF WELFARIST PROGRAMME the masses are currently enjoying.

This is MY opinion.

3 Likes

Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by chebyshev(m): 6:58am On Apr 24, 2015
I agree with you friend
bushdoc9919:
Here is why subsidy must go...and yes, I am not too happy about the subsidy going.

1.We import fuel...because we have not yet sorted out our refineries in ages. Yes....we had subsidies in the good old days...when all the refineries worked. Not anymore.

2.Independent marketers import fuel at high cost.(N100 per liter)..and then sell it at N87? And when subsidy payments come in...they still do not make a profit. Now...unless you want Govt to take over all the independent marketers...they are business men...and businessmen do not run charities, they run businesses.(In Kaduna,for example...fuel goes for N110 at your local independent marketer.).

If we wanted to keep subsidies

1.We should have built more refineries.

2.We should have gotten rid of corruption in the NNPC ages ago...instead of tolerating it under tribal influences.

3.We should have fixed public transport properly.

4.We should have industrialized...so that we have a hefty GDP to fund subsides galore.

Sad....and unfortunate. The era of cheap fuel is over.(And anyway....you can only get cheap fuel in Abuja and Lagos at N87....it is N110 and above elsewhere.).
Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 6:59am On Apr 24, 2015
AmakaDNB:
Restore subsidy! It is our right!

the subsidy used to be a blessing to us, but now its a curse.

For the past 8 years, kerosene has been subsidized to 50 naira per litre, but u n I who come get the right never buy am below hundred naira per litre all these years Why should our government keep subsidizing it n yet independent marketers eat all the Money...??
Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by Evergreat2014(m): 7:05am On Apr 24, 2015
SeverusSnape:

So e dey pain you too?... ABEG report to federal medical centre Gusau. grin

Do u base in Gusau??
Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by airsaylongcon: 7:06am On Apr 24, 2015
Nellybii:

You.oya profer a solution. Sebi you are smarter than Buhari. To remove subsidy or not. Give the best option with reasons. See your life?? So easy to run down and criticize mtcheeeeeeew mumu

U didn't criticise and rundown GEJ shebi? Pot calling kettle...
Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by Brugo(m): 7:08am On Apr 24, 2015
What have they been paying for since? Subsidy is one of the greatest scams in Nigerian history.
Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by skyhadi16(m): 7:09am On Apr 24, 2015
Firmjudge:
hahahahah Lets see how the masses will react.

APGA n PDP brace up and use this to start humbling APC before they begin crawl

now thats how to be an opposition.

Broda mi, it's not all been opposition, all I personally is crying for is: GIVE US A BETTER AND PROUD NIGERIA That's all.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by johnemeka(m): 7:16am On Apr 24, 2015
Was this not the same subsidy GEJ wanted to remove and the Northerners and South-West said no.

We all will soon realize that GEJ was a saviour to this Nation.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by bakynes(m): 7:19am On Apr 24, 2015
My advice to the New govt is to keep on paying for subsidy of petroleum products because with the low Brent Oil price now it wouldn't increase the pump price further infact, we should be buying @ around 70 naira now. The next thing will be to see if a Turn around Maintenance of the existing refineries will @ least get them working to about 50% working capacity that will first of all cater for our local consumption or just build new ones by partnership between the FG and Foreign direct investments ( F.D.I) so as soon as the Turn around Maintenance is done if possible and/or New refineries built then subsidy can stop. The corrupt cabals gaining from subsidy must also be brought to book that would reduce the amount of money used for subsidizing imported products.
Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 7:21am On Apr 24, 2015
CBNLOAN:

If you are still wondering if it is really possible to borrow money
without collateral in Nigeria, well, it is for REAL.

Since when did CBN start giving out loans?

Is CBN a commercial bank?

Abeg.....buy treasury bonds from CBN.

And since when did banks start giving out loans without collateral? If any bank did that...they would either have to charge sky high interest rates...or go bankrupt.
Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 7:27am On Apr 24, 2015
bakynes:
My advice to the New govt is to keep on paying for subsidy of petroleum products because with the low Brent Oil price now it wouldn't increase the pump price further infact, we should be buying @ around 70 naira now. The next thing will be to see if a Turn around Maintenance of the existing refineries will @ least get them working to about 50% working capacity that will first of all cater for our local consumption or just build new ones by partnership between the FG and Foreign direct investments ( F.D.I) so as soon as the Turn around Maintenance is done if possible and/or New refineries built then subsidy can stop. The corrupt cabals gaining from subsidy must also be brought to book that would reduce the amount of money used for subsidizing imported products.

It isn't just TAM we need....we also need new refineries.

And even at 50% capacity? We will still be importing...and paying subsidy for imported product. (Throwing money down a hole).

And thanks to that same low oil price...we have less cash for everything due to the now lean treasury.And that includes subsidy for fuel. And in order to balance the books....something has got to go.

After all...oil is not the only thing govt subsidies....education, fertilizer, etc as well. And with the low amounts of money...removing subsidy on fuel may be a nice and quick way to save money.

(And in most parts of Nigeria...fuel already goes for N110 and above. It is only in Lag and Abuja that fuel goes for N87....and you have to queue for it).
Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by Tmaritas76(m): 7:34am On Apr 24, 2015
no further subsidy removal till the refinery's is fixed,what did you do with money saved from the subsidy sine 2012.

sign:GMB
Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by bakynes(m): 7:42am On Apr 24, 2015
bushdoc9919:

It isn't just TAM we need....we also need new refineries.

And even at 50% capacity? We will still be importing...and paying subsidy for imported product. (Throwing money down a hole).

And thanks to that same low oil price...we have less cash for everything due to the now lean treasury.And that includes subsidy for fuel. And in order to balance the books....something has got to go.

After all...oil is not the only thing govt subsidies....education, fertilizer, etc as well. And with the low amounts of money...removing subsidy on fuel may be a nice and quick way to save money.

(And in most parts of Nigeria...fuel already goes for N110 and above. It is only in Lag and Abuja that fuel goes for N87....and you have to queue for it).
What is PPPRC doing about the different pump price in other parts of the country, that is where we know the Jonathan Govt is weak and cannot control Dieziani and her croonies. We should even be buying around 70 naira since they are still subsidizing with the low Brent crude oil price.
I know TAM to even 100% will not refine all our crude oil Dangote is building one or two and many foreign investors shd be encouraged to build new ones but if 50% TAM is possible, it will cater for local consumption it will go a long way to ease things for the citizens and that would encourage the govt to deregulate the Downstream sector and open up the free market so independent marketers can sell at their own convenient price this will promote competition and citizens can decide to buy at lower prices.
Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by nonjebose(m): 7:44am On Apr 24, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Let's see if Buhari will remove subsidy or not. I'm 100% certain that he'll display his illiteracy and cluelessness when the time comes grin
Your statement lacks substance. You think his govt will be a one man show. Wait and see the calibre of technocrats that he will bring on board.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by Omotayor123(f): 7:45am On Apr 24, 2015
A won jegudu jera! D one dem remove never do u? Don't worry in d next few months when pm is sold @40 per liter. Una go hug transformer.

Sai Baba Letz say NO to intimidation!
Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by anasey(m): 7:56am On Apr 24, 2015
We're are watching to see how it goes.....
Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by boxypane(m): 7:56am On Apr 24, 2015
Economic Traps for GMB from a failed PDP Pained nose party. Don't worry, with time we shall unravel d scams of Pdp.
Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by nonjebose(m): 7:57am On Apr 24, 2015
CBNLOAN:

If you are still wondering if it is really possible to borrow money
without collateral in Nigeria, well, it is for REAL. Someone very
close to me here in Nigeria was recently granted a business loan by
CBN Which is worth 2.5 Million without collateral. So, in this post, I
will be sharing with you where you can get the loan, the benefits, the
requirements and the repayment plan.

Benefits of becoming a C-B-N client

Small amount of installment, therefore making repayment schedule
least stressful.
Transactions cost minimal, banking services to the door step of clients
Low cost of service
No collateral is needed
No extensive documentary work needed
Benefit from diversified clients training programme.

For request of Application Forms and to be a CBN client Contact
Disbursing Department:

Email: info.cbnloan@secretary.net
Oga stop wasting your time, there no mumus on nl
Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by koife(m): 8:04am On Apr 24, 2015
The subsidy plot
*Knowing how unrealistic their promise, APC having gotten a first hand information on how bad the situation of economy is, given the fall in global oil price and knowing how so IMPOSSIBLE it will be to keep their promises to the later given the (inside view bw GMB meeting with Jonathan)...he suddenly realise it easier to criticise from the outside. He later came out to play soft on his earlier promises..."we can't promise we will get the girls back'....."we didn't say we will pay unemployed youth"....we said that "food will only be given to only the most vulnerable"blablabla
Now they come up with plan B:
*Remove the subsidy...(same move they protested against the current sitting govt)
*use the money to attempt meeting earlier promises.
*Nigerians and opposition PDP protest
*APC call for calm
And the rest is story...we have been scammed

1 Like

Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 8:05am On Apr 24, 2015
amarachi06:

How you take know, abi you die before?
Them never rest for this subsidy matter after all these years
Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by Leiman100(m): 8:20am On Apr 24, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Let's see if Buhari will remove subsidy or not. I'm 100% certain that he'll display his illiteracy and cluelessness when the time comes grin
who is your father in this country? Your wicked hatred cannot harm the peoples general it can only continue to destroy you internally... Meanwhile GMB till 2023 go and die.
Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by SeverusSnape(m): 8:23am On Apr 24, 2015
Evergreat2014:

Do u base in Gusau??
Not really, But I'm a regular visitor.
Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by AmakaDNB(f): 8:29am On Apr 24, 2015
chuna1985:

the subsidy used to be a blessing to us, but now its a curse.

For the past 8 years, kerosene has been subsidized to 50 naira per litre, but u n I who come get the right never buy am below hundred naira per litre all these years Why should our government keep subsidizing it n yet independent marketers eat all the Money...??
Leave the subsidy! Fight the independent marketers!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PHOTO: Tamburawa Bridge In Kano About To Collapse / Lalong, Wike, Tambuwal And Bello At Benin Airport This Morning / Hoodlums Attack Agbaje’s Convoy In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.