Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,727 members, 7,820,515 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

I Once Worked As A Bricklayer To Survive – Reekado Banks - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Once Worked As A Bricklayer To Survive – Reekado Banks (820 Views)

Reekado Banks Finally Reveals His Girlfriend / Tiwa Savage: I Once Abstained From Sex For Three Years / I Once Worked As A Bricklayer To Survive - Reekado Banks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Once Worked As A Bricklayer To Survive – Reekado Banks by danielayodele16(m): 7:01pm On Apr 23, 2015
As a prominent young Nigerian artiste, Reekado Banks has worked with the cream of the Nigerian music industry including Don Jazzy, Illbliss, Tiwa Savage, Olamide, Korede Bello, Di’Ja and Wale. The story of his rise to prominence however, has not been smooth, as the Mavin Records recording artiste disclosed during a #MySuperStarStory interview.

Reekado-Banks
Born Solomon Ayoleyi Hanniel, the Ondo State indigene revealed that after informing his parents of his intention to pursue a career in music and getting their blessing, he had to hawk blenders in traffic and work as a manual labourer at a construction site in a bid to earn some money to use to record.

He also revealed that at one point, a lecturer at the university told him that he will never make it after preventing him from retaking a test he missed.

His turning point came with the Mavin Records audition where he was picked out of over 5,000 hopefuls. The dreadlocked act, now popular for his ballad  “Katapot”  credited this triumph to God. In his words, “There is no amount of sacrifice that was enough to get me something this big.”http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/i-once-worked-as-a-bricklayer-to-survive-reekado-banks/

Re: I Once Worked As A Bricklayer To Survive – Reekado Banks by Ibelong2God: 7:02pm On Apr 23, 2015
Good!
Re: I Once Worked As A Bricklayer To Survive – Reekado Banks by iphanyiuma(m): 7:04pm On Apr 23, 2015
No pray to drop album they tell us your life story

1 Like

Re: I Once Worked As A Bricklayer To Survive – Reekado Banks by danielayodele16(m): 7:05pm On Apr 23, 2015
Ibelong2God:
Good!

Tough times don't last but tough people do!

btw

This is my testimony and I have promised myself to share it.

I attended a youth programme and a young speaker, Cas David was invited to speak on the topic, "How a youth can flourish in an old world".
Nice

Honestly from then, I have always taken the right decisions and things have always turned out right for me. I never expected such dramatic change. But thank God I am a testimony.
I didn't really know much that young man until that day. Now, if I have anything to do with youth programmes, workshops or seminars, I will invite him. I think He knows how to pass the messages to the young people.

I saw his email in one of his books, "The Mystery of Youthfulness", {mailcasdavid@yahoo.com}. Mail him and invite him for any youth programme and you won't regret it.

Cheers smiley
Re: I Once Worked As A Bricklayer To Survive – Reekado Banks by DesChyko: 7:08pm On Apr 23, 2015
Common thing..
Do you know how many 'igbo' guys pulling the heavy rides around town did 'gbagbuoo' or 'kimgbom' as it is popularly called in their youths?
Na #GodWin finally.
Re: I Once Worked As A Bricklayer To Survive – Reekado Banks by sinaj(f): 7:15pm On Apr 23, 2015
picture or id card of u hawking blenders or adonbirivit undecided

evn celebrities dat didnt...
Re: I Once Worked As A Bricklayer To Survive – Reekado Banks by imbless: 7:16pm On Apr 23, 2015
Re: I Once Worked As A Bricklayer To Survive – Reekado Banks by beejayphako(m): 7:21pm On Apr 23, 2015
Good for u sir.. I smell front page
Re: I Once Worked As A Bricklayer To Survive – Reekado Banks by Airforce1(m): 7:24pm On Apr 23, 2015
everybody got a story to tell grin
Re: I Once Worked As A Bricklayer To Survive – Reekado Banks by danielayodele16(m): 7:24pm On Apr 23, 2015
beejayphako:
Good for u sir.. I smell front page
Thanks
Re: I Once Worked As A Bricklayer To Survive – Reekado Banks by dew1: 8:18pm On Apr 23, 2015
lol
Nigerian artistes shaaaaaaa
All of them were once broke!

including Davido (Back when ft Naeto C)

*patiently awaiting Airforce1's Album
and STORY

1 Like

Re: I Once Worked As A Bricklayer To Survive – Reekado Banks by Lobolintin(m): 11:57pm On Apr 23, 2015
Hmmmmm. Your own small

(1) (Reply)

Video: Oga Mechanic Servicing Car Owner In Her Compound / Nigerian Musicians With Over 1m Twitter Followers / WOT Movi Producer Blessing Egbe Said About Toke Makinwa's Broken Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.