Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,731 members, 7,955,782 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:55 PM

I Once Worked As A Bricklayer To Survive - Reekado Banks - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Once Worked As A Bricklayer To Survive - Reekado Banks (536 Views)

Reekado Banks Finally Reveals His Girlfriend / Tiwa Savage: I Once Abstained From Sex For Three Years / I Once Worked As A Bricklayer To Survive – Reekado Banks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Once Worked As A Bricklayer To Survive - Reekado Banks by jiggaz(m): 9:24am On Apr 21, 2015
Saw dis on Vanguard Newspaper

As a prominent young Nigerian artiste, Reekado
Banks has worked with the cream of the Nigerian
music industry including Don Jazzy, Illbliss, Tiwa
Savage, Olamide, Korede Bello, Di’Ja and Wale.
The story of his rise to prominence however, has
not been smooth, as the Mavin Records recording
artiste disclosed during a #MySuperStarStory
interview.

Born Solomon Ayoleyi Hanniel, the Ondo State
indigene revealed that after informing his parents
of his intention to pursue a career in music and
getting their blessing, he had to hawk blenders in
traffic and work as a manual labourer at a
construction site in a bid to earn some money to
use to record.

He also revealed that at one point, a lecturer at
the university told him that he will never make it
after preventing him from retaking a test he
missed.

His turning point came with the Mavin Records
audition where he was picked out of over 5,000
hopefuls. The dreadlocked act, now popular for
his ballad “Katapot” credited this triumph to
God. In his words, “There is no amount of
sacrifice that was enough to get me something
this big.”

Re: I Once Worked As A Bricklayer To Survive - Reekado Banks by mhizpeaarl(f): 9:32am On Apr 21, 2015
Oh yes. Life isn't a smooth ride. You have to work hard to get up the ladder. Now he's made it. All those days of long suffering has been overshadowed by success and happiness
Re: I Once Worked As A Bricklayer To Survive - Reekado Banks by Sarimah(f): 9:42am On Apr 21, 2015
the most important thing is that he's making it..
Re: I Once Worked As A Bricklayer To Survive - Reekado Banks by justi4jesu(f): 9:49am On Apr 21, 2015
Nice to know. You will Excel don't worry. smiley

(1) (Reply)

Toyin Aimakhu Denies Being President Jonathan’s Die-hard Fan / To All The Nairalanders Have Insulted / OJB Jezreel Says He Hasn't Relapsed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.