Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,627 members, 7,958,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 06:17 AM

The Man Called Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Man Called Buhari (1248 Views)

CNN Confirms Trump Called Buhari (photo) / Adeyanju Who Once Called Buhari 'Brain Dead' Meets His Wife & Son & Takes Pic / Okorocha: I Felt Like Singing National Anthem When Obama Called Buhari ‘man... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Man Called Buhari by Silvereze(m): 2:00am On Apr 24, 2015
Nigeria is a great nation with numerous languages and culture.We have lived in several years of corruption and under-development.We have voted in several leaders who claimed to be messiah for which they were not.They promised change,anti corruption,infrastrusture and EDUCATION and a whole lot more.NOW comes BUHARI the self acclaimed messiah.He said he will change Nigeria.What of the Educational sector,will he settle ASUU's debt.Do you think he can change Nigeria??Fellow nairalanders pls air ur views or give ur reasons with proofs.......
Re: The Man Called Buhari by Silvereze(m): 2:08am On Apr 24, 2015
I believe we have political anolysts here
Re: The Man Called Buhari by socialmediaman: 2:33am On Apr 24, 2015
Do I think he can change Nigeria? Am I in his anti-corruption team? OBJ formed the EFCC which was empowered at that time to pursue corrupt cases, except that it focused on the perceived enemies of government, the subsequent governments that came in crippled it with questionable characters and limiting their capacities, they became a mere 419 chaser group rather than a more robust anti-corruption group. The police has continued to be an extortion and intimidation group, tainted with image of bribery, corruption and ineffective law and order maintenance agency.

One of the reasons Goodluck Dumbo Jonathan was voted out was due to his weakness or complacency on the issue, going as far as defending corruption and standing by people accused of it. It is not in GMB's nature to stand by those accused of corruption and that's why he remains outstanding. Whether he does stamp out corruption will be a matter of time, but the important thing here is that Nigerians did the most important thing in history; vote out Dumbo Jack who was heading the country the wrong way by setting a very unfortunate precedence for the country.

I wish I could really get pissed at those who keep supporting the current president's ambition based on his media hyped achievements and money dashing spree to few Nigerians at the expense of creating employment for millions of qualified Nigerians who need jobs or at least better opportunities.

Corruption didn't allow the current government do much, that's why you see that his supporters are in the minority. Imagine when you're only spending 12 billion on youths to create 1,500 jobs through Youwin while you spend 2 trillion subsidizing corruption in the oil sector that you refused to fight. Well, Nigeria is too big for people like Dumbo Jack, it's not about him retaining office, it's about the welfare of Nigerians. It's about Nigerians getting jobs, it's about Nigerians getting services, its about leaders getting punished when they steal funds meant for the people, that's what Nigerians want. They don't need your PhD or gentility or "good" man attitude when they can't get jobs or services in the face of plenty resources.

We have to wait and see how far the new government goes in doing its mandate to the people, analysis upon analysis do not solve any problem, our focus should be working together to ensure our voices are heard and they perform according to their mandate.

Silvereze:
Nigeria is a great nation with numerous languages and culture.We have lived in several years of corruption and under-development.We have voted in several leaders who claimed to be messiah for which they were not.They promised change,anti corruption,infrastrusture and EDUCATION and a whole lot more.NOW comes BUHARI the self acclaimed messiah.He said he will change Nigeria.What of the Educational sector,will he settle ASUU's debt.Do you think he can change Nigeria??Fellow nairalanders pls air ur views or give ur reasons with proofs.......

2 Likes

Re: The Man Called Buhari by Nobody: 5:08am On Apr 24, 2015
Do i believe he can change Nigeria? YES, absolutely i believe and may God help him to achieve that.

2 Likes

Re: The Man Called Buhari by Ecstacy21(m): 5:44am On Apr 24, 2015
yes he can change the educational sector. changing the educational sector is not about paying the outstanding debts of ASUU but checking the loop holes endangering our education. he did it in the health sector,where he said no government officials shall embark on any medical treatment abroad. I think he'll do it in our educational sector where public office holders must take their children to any public school .with this I think the educational sector will be given full attention.

1 Like

Re: The Man Called Buhari by KingTom(m): 6:09am On Apr 24, 2015
socialmediaman:
Do I think he can change Nigeria? Am I in his anti-corruption team? OBJ formed the EFCC which was empowered at that time to pursue corrupt cases, except that it focused on the perceived enemies of government, the subsequent governments that came in crippled it with questionable characters and limiting their capacities, they became a mere 419 chaser group rather than a more robust anti-corruption group. The police has continued to be an extortion and intimidation group, tainted with image of bribery, corruption and ineffective law and order maintenance agency.

One of the reasons Goodluck Dumbo Jonathan was voted out was due to his weakness or complacency on the issue, going as far as defending corruption and standing by people accused of it. It is not in GMB's nature to stand by those accused of corruption and that's why he remains outstanding. Whether he does stamp out corruption will be a matter of time, but the important thing here is that Nigerians did the most important thing in history; vote out Dumbo Jack who was heading the country the wrong way by setting a very unfortunate precedence for the country.

I wish I could really get pissed at those who keep supporting the current president's ambition based on his media hyped achievements and money dashing spree to few Nigerians at the expense of creating employment for millions of qualified Nigerians who need jobs or at least better opportunities.

Corruption didn't allow the current government do much, that's why you see that his supporters are in the minority. Imagine when you're only spending 12 billion on youths to create 1,500 jobs through Youwin while you spend 2 trillion subsidizing corruption in the oil sector that you refused to fight. Well, Nigeria is too big for people like Dumbo Jack, it's not about him retaining office, it's about the welfare of Nigerians. It's about Nigerians getting jobs, it's about Nigerians getting services, its about leaders getting punished when they steal funds meant for the people, that's what Nigerians want. They don't need your PhD or gentility or "good" man attitude when they can't get jobs or services in the face of plenty resources.

We have to wait and see how far the new government goes in doing its mandate to the people, analysis upon analysis do not solve any problem, our focus should be working together to ensure our voices are heard and they perform according to their mandate.

Simply Majestic! Brilliant analysis! smiley

2 Likes

Re: The Man Called Buhari by Sweetguy25: 6:30am On Apr 24, 2015
What can he change? Nigeria has one of the worst human development indexes in the entire world. There are about 60 million stark illiterates in Nigeria, life expectancy is low and maternal mortality is high. These factors alone make it very difficult to lead, coupled with other negative social factors like tribalism and pervasive corruption, which makes it even worse. I doubt if a single president can change Nigeria in four years or even eight years. They lack three things- the time, the money and the will.
Re: The Man Called Buhari by Nobody: 6:34am On Apr 24, 2015
Are you talking about Dogs and baboons will soak in blood
Re: The Man Called Buhari by AgentOfAllah: 6:40am On Apr 24, 2015
Silvereze:

Op, it might help to know the meaning of "self-acclaimed" before you throw misleading words in your sentences.

1 Like

Re: The Man Called Buhari by Silvereze(m): 11:08am On Apr 24, 2015
AgentOfAllah:

Op, it might help to know the meaning of "self-acclaimed" before you throw misleading words in your sentences.

i guess all nigerian politicians promise what they cannot give
Re: The Man Called Buhari by socialmediaman: 12:22pm On Apr 24, 2015
KingTom:
Simply Majestic! Brilliant analysis! smiley

Thanks!
Re: The Man Called Buhari by KingTom(m): 12:34am On Apr 25, 2015
Re: The Man Called Buhari by mensdept: 1:17am On Apr 25, 2015
Buhari was part of the problem in the first place. The current situation in South Africa is basically from the same chapter that Buhari's administration engaged in the early 1980's by displacing over a million people from Ghana out of Nigeria on the SAME reasons.

Buhari was a military men, even though we spent years wanting and fighting for democracy, we are so proud that we "elected" him as well as OBJ prior.

What message does that send across the continent you ask?

That Africans are not serious, and staging a coup can be rewarding, even in your retirement age. Furthermore, your actions as "Head of State" can be repeated more violently in another country many years later.

And we continue to dance shoki
Re: The Man Called Buhari by ifyan(m): 2:56am On Apr 25, 2015
Let him climb the stage first.

We will know how far .

You know. ....
Re: The Man Called Buhari by Orunto: 4:50am On Apr 25, 2015
With his envisaged list of Ministers, he has started covering the TRACKS of Bokoharam and laundering Nigeria's finances to the Arabs. Check up his potential ministerial appointees for Finance, internal affairs and defence, their tribes and connections...
Re: The Man Called Buhari by Silvereze(m): 9:23pm On Apr 25, 2015
Sweetguy25:
What can he change? Nigeria has one of the worst human development indexes in the entire world. There are about 60 million stark illiterates in Nigeria, life expectancy is low and maternal mortality is high. These factors alone make it very difficult to lead, coupled with other negative social factors like tribalism and pervasive corruption, which makes it even worse. I doubt if a single president can change Nigeria in four years or even eight years. They lack three things- the time, the money and the will.

bro......thats just the truth..........it's difficult to change this country in just 4 or 8yrs...........thumbs up bro.

(1) (Reply)

Troops Rescue 200 Girls, 93 Women From Sambisa Forest / OUTRAGEOUS! Indonesia To Execute 8 More Nigerians / US Warns Gambian President To Be More Tolerant Of Homosexuals Or Else Face Conse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.