Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,203 members, 7,953,754 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:36 AM

The Weather Sweeping through the UK Current: Have You Been Affected? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Weather Sweeping through the UK Current: Have You Been Affected? (4613 Views)

Weather Forecast Across Nigeria Today / Weather Forecast Across Nigeria Today / Sweeping Changes In Us Immigration Procedures: Law Abiding Illegals Able To Stay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Weather Sweeping through the UK Current: Have You Been Affected? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Feb 02, 2009
It's true hard work never killed anybody, but I figure, why take the chance?  - Ronald Reagan grin
Re: The Weather Sweeping through the UK Current: Have You Been Affected? by Nobody: 10:03pm On Feb 02, 2009
did this people see this much snow for the first time in their lives? We get massive amounts of snow every yr and we still carry on with life . . .  grin
bush people.
Re: The Weather Sweeping through the UK Current: Have You Been Affected? by nana(f): 10:04pm On Feb 02, 2009
Dude aint worth it. He's just craving for some attention
Re: The Weather Sweeping through the UK Current: Have You Been Affected? by nana(f): 10:07pm On Feb 02, 2009
davidylan:

did this people see this much snow for the first time in their lives? We get massive amounts of snow every yr and we still carry on with life . . .  grin
bush people.
Dafidi! Mechie onu gi! The last time it snowed heavily like this was 18years ago. Hmm,lemme guess,u weren't born then. tongue
Re: The Weather Sweeping through the UK Current: Have You Been Affected? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Feb 02, 2009
nana:

Dafidi! Mechie onu gi! The last time it snowed heavily like this was 18years ago. Hmm,lemme guess,u weren't born then. tongue

Na me nana yab like this abi? your cane is coming, dont worry . . . be happy.

18 yrs ago was the last time you saw that amount of snow? grin I think i saw something like this 2 weeks ago and then last yr and yr before last and most likely next yr . . . you people shld get off ur backsides and head off to work! grin
Re: The Weather Sweeping through the UK Current: Have You Been Affected? by MrCrackles(m): 10:12pm On Feb 02, 2009
davidylan:

bush people.

Dafidi, e be like say u wan make i e-slap u seriously! cheesy

Anyway we aint hard such a severe weather condition for 18 years and it brought the country to a standstill, hence a lotta talk abt it!

18yrs is donkey years dude

Bush rat!
Re: The Weather Sweeping through the UK Current: Have You Been Affected? by KarmaMod(f): 10:14pm On Feb 02, 2009
Yea seriously compared to Rochester and Syracuse, what you people are experiencing is just snow flakes
Re: The Weather Sweeping through the UK Current: Have You Been Affected? by Bossman(m): 10:14pm On Feb 02, 2009
KarmaMod, it normally does not snow much there. So, they will likely not have anywhere near the number of snow plowers/salt trucks that say a Chicago or New york will have. That amount of snow that they have experienced will not lead to any kind of closure on this end. Again, Chicago, NY, are snow cities and they have a lot of facilities to deal with it. Heck! Even considering that it's a whole lot colder here. I saw someone post that their temp is -3 C. That's 27 F. We will take that any day anytime in Chicago. The temperature was 9 F when I headed out this morning. On a several days last month our high was  below 0 F, and we still had to go to work/school.
Re: The Weather Sweeping through the UK Current: Have You Been Affected? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Feb 02, 2009
KarmaMod:

Yea seriously compared to Rochester and Syracuse, what you people are experiencing is just snow flakes
ROFLMAO
Re: The Weather Sweeping through the UK Current: Have You Been Affected? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Feb 02, 2009
MrCrackles:

Dafidi, e be like say u wan make i e-slap u seriously! cheesy

Anyway we aint hard such a severe weather condition for 18 years and it brought the country to a standstill, hence a lotta talk abt it!

18yrs is donkey years dude

Bush rat!

shocked grin If you got half the snow they get in Buffalo you people will be in lock-down for months.
Re: The Weather Sweeping through the UK Current: Have You Been Affected? by lalaboi(m): 10:16pm On Feb 02, 2009
Oi

No bori should laff oh! tongue

Re: The Weather Sweeping through the UK Current: Have You Been Affected? by tope2000(f): 10:19pm On Feb 02, 2009
davidylan:

shocked grin If you got half the snow they get in Buffalo you people will be in lock-down for months.

maybe but this is heaviest snowfall in 18 years and it costing the economy an estimated £1.2bn in lost working hours. grin
Re: The Weather Sweeping through the UK Current: Have You Been Affected? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Feb 02, 2009
Lmao! Femi! cheesy
Re: The Weather Sweeping through the UK Current: Have You Been Affected? by MrCrackles(m): 10:20pm On Feb 02, 2009
davidylan:

Dude dont trip, i have lived in Yanks before and i know the drilll!! cheesy
Re: The Weather Sweeping through the UK Current: Have You Been Affected? by KarmaMod(f): 10:21pm On Feb 02, 2009
sharrap David. You know Rochester snow is worse than Buffalo tongue

I sha thank God that Im away from that place.
Re: The Weather Sweeping through the UK Current: Have You Been Affected? by debosky(m): 10:21pm On Feb 02, 2009
I had 30 inches in Ottawa last February - these UK people are pussies. Small snow and they are screaming and crying.  tongue

Not too bad though, got to leave work early.  grin
Re: The Weather Sweeping through the UK Current: Have You Been Affected? by chamotex(m): 10:22pm On Feb 02, 2009
lalaboi:

Oi

No bori should laff oh! tongue

Lala, u no know say u don old . . . . . at ur age undecided angry angry angry angry sad sad sad sad embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: The Weather Sweeping through the UK Current: Have You Been Affected? by MrCrackles(m): 10:23pm On Feb 02, 2009
Debosky shut up, you know JD peeps been begging for snow like this for a long time, so u expect them to trip and fall when they finally got it!

They didnt really see it coming though!! cheesy
Re: The Weather Sweeping through the UK Current: Have You Been Affected? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Feb 02, 2009
KarmaMod:

sharrap David. You know Rochester snow is worse than Buffalo tongue

I sha thank God that Im away from that place.

lai lai . . . buffalo is the capital of snow country. They lost power for a week last yr because of heavy snow.

MrCrackles:

Dude dont trip, i have lived in Yanks before and i know the drilll!! cheesy

you lived in NM, played with small snow flakes and already know the drill?  grin

tope2000:

maybe but this is heaviest snowfall in 18 years and it costing the economy an estimated £1.2bn in lost working hours. grin

Britain is full of lazy people who were looking for every excuse not to work.

See lalaboy's picture . . . is that the snow that cost you billions in lost working hrs?  shocked shocked grin I thought it was serious snow!
Re: The Weather Sweeping through the UK Current: Have You Been Affected? by tope2000(f): 10:24pm On Feb 02, 2009
debosky:

I had 30 inches in Ottawa last February - these UK people are pussies. Small snow and they are screaming and crying.  tongue

Not too bad though, got to leave work early.  grin

shattaaap diaaaaaaa
na my papa bizness, i pray it snows tomorrow sef cheesy
Re: The Weather Sweeping through the UK Current: Have You Been Affected? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Feb 02, 2009
Abeg, allow us to enjoy the plenty heavy days off snow whilst it lasts, besides, don't you guys have work to be preparing for tommorow? grin
Re: The Weather Sweeping through the UK Current: Have You Been Affected? by lalaboi(m): 10:25pm On Feb 02, 2009
ibkaye:

Lmao! Femi! cheesy

i say nor laff lol

chamotex:

Lala, u no know say u don old . . . . . at ur age undecided angry angry angry angry sad sad sad sad embarassed embarassed embarassed

Baba. am only 12 biko grin
Re: The Weather Sweeping through the UK Current: Have You Been Affected? by MrCrackles(m): 10:27pm On Feb 02, 2009
davidylan:

See lalaboy's picture . . . is that the snow that cost you billions in lost working hrs?  shocked shocked grin I thought it was serious snow!

David stop being a muppet cheesy
It varied across different areas today
If you aint had dis much in years, what would you say?
The never saw it coming
Agreed itz not major, but it was still one hell of a blizzard
Re: The Weather Sweeping through the UK Current: Have You Been Affected? by tope2000(f): 10:27pm On Feb 02, 2009
ibkaye:

Abeg, allow us to enjoy the plenty heavy days off snow whilst it lasts, besides, don't you guys have work to be preparing for tommorow? grin

dnt lemme e-slap u o
just becoz u dnt have school tomorrow, must u rub it in our face. shior angry grin

MrCrackles:

The never saw it coming

Actually they did, ppl just werent payin attention to it undecided
Re: The Weather Sweeping through the UK Current: Have You Been Affected? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Feb 02, 2009
lalaboi:

Don't mind him, when he was even making snowmen and throwing snowballs throughout the whole day, chamo, you think I didn't see you?  angry
Re: The Weather Sweeping through the UK Current: Have You Been Affected? by chamotex(m): 10:28pm On Feb 02, 2009
lalaboi:

x 3 cheesy cheesy

nothin do u

I've been under my duvet since morning
Re: The Weather Sweeping through the UK Current: Have You Been Affected? by DaPhoenix(f): 10:29pm On Feb 02, 2009
Lawd, I need some snow in VA!!
Re: The Weather Sweeping through the UK Current: Have You Been Affected? by lalaboi(m): 10:29pm On Feb 02, 2009
davidylan:

lai lai . . . buffalo is the capital of snow country. They lost power for a week last yr because of heavy snow.

you lived in NM, played with small snow flakes and already know the drill?  grin

Britain is full of lazy people who were looking for every excuse not to work.

cars and buses couldnt move mahn. . . even the rail was handicapped. . .  tongue

why u lots hating sef. . .
Re: The Weather Sweeping through the UK Current: Have You Been Affected? by tope2000(f): 10:29pm On Feb 02, 2009
chamotex:

x 3 cheesy cheesy

nothin do u

I've been under my duvet since morning

lazy boi angry tongue
Re: The Weather Sweeping through the UK Current: Have You Been Affected? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Feb 02, 2009
MrCrackles:

The never saw it coming

They had an icestorm in the midwest and 470000 are still without power.
and you call that mickey mouse refridgerator ice a blizzard?
Re: The Weather Sweeping through the UK Current: Have You Been Affected? by MrCrackles(m): 10:31pm On Feb 02, 2009
tope2000:

Actually they did, ppl just werent payin attention to it undecided

Ah oh well, it mustav been one of dem days where u dismiss the MET as predictions dont go right all the time!! cheesy
Re: The Weather Sweeping through the UK Current: Have You Been Affected? by MrCrackles(m): 10:31pm On Feb 02, 2009
davidylan:

They had an icestorm in the midwest and 470000 are still without power.
and you call that mickey mouse refridgerator ice a blizzard?

Wateva you like say, we had a mini blizzard in Little Britain! cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Canada Snow Almost Swallowed A Nairalander: Pictures & Video / SA City Voted 9th Best In The World - See Top 10! / Nigerian International Passport Now #45000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.