Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,304 members, 7,957,770 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 07:49 PM

Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) (48648 Views)

Man Slaps Wife Of Police Officer While Jogging. See What Happened Next / Man Murdered In Front Of His Family In Rivers State (Graphic Pictures) / Man Murdered After Coming Out From Hilton Hotel Abuja(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by Bants(m): 12:52pm On Apr 24, 2015
Na wa oh this needs proper investigating
Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by cecegorz(m): 1:07pm On Apr 24, 2015
lalasticlala:
Detectives at the State Department of Criminal Investigation, Lagos State, are on the trail of killers of a jogger who was murdered in the Morogbo, Badagry area of Lagos State.

PUNCH Metro learnt that the yet-to-be-identified victim was stabbed in the stomach and jaw.

His corpse was said to have been abandoned in a bush near Igborosun village.

Our correspondent learnt that a 50-year-old pastor, Stephen Hensu, alerted policemen from the Morogbo division to the incident.

Hensu heads the Celestial Church of Christ, Okiki Imole branch, Badagry.

The cleric, in his statement to the police, said he was at a church meeting when his wife called him on the telephone and told him that a corpse had been dumped in their area.

He said, “On the day of the incident, February 26, 2015 around 9am, I left my church for a meeting of the shepherds at Araromi.

“While I was there, I received a phone call from my wife informing me that some people coming from Igborosun village saw a corpse in a bush in our area.”

He said around 11am, he left the meeting for the police station to inform the police.

Hensu, a Badagry, Lagos State indigene, said he did not know how the victim was killed, adding that the corpse was not there when he passed the area in the morning.

It was learnt that the police spoke with people living around the area in a bid to find the relatives of the victim.

Their efforts were said to be abortive.

A police source told our correspondent that initial investigation suggested that the deceased was killed by people known to him.

The source said, “Looking at the corpse shows that the man was a sportsman and he was out jogging that morning when he was attacked and killed.

“He was killed and his corpse dumped in the bush.

“He had deep cuts in his jaw and stomach. Nobody knows his name and none of his family members has come forward to identify him, which will help us in investigations.”

It was learnt that the remains of the victim had been deposited in a mortuary in Badagry.

The Police Public Relations Officer, Kenneth Nwosu, had yet to reply to a text message sent to him as of press time.

http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/police-hunt-killers-of-jogger-in-lagos/#disqus_thread

Why exactly is Punch giving the full details of the Pastor to the public??
This is one of the reasons why people don't report crimes to the police.
Police gave Punch reporter the details and the 1diotic! ill-trained journalist has to put it in the story!
You don't need to tell the world who called the police, 'a resident' is enough.
If anything happens to the Pastor, I hope the family knows who to start with

Rubbish journalism!
Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by Obijulius: 1:13pm On Apr 24, 2015
Since Buhari won this election assassinations have been on the rise .

I hope say we never enter one chance poo.

#backtorascality #apcpolitics #newbokohram
Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by Nobody: 1:17pm On Apr 24, 2015
R I P
Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by Nobody: 1:19pm On Apr 24, 2015
Obijulius:
Since Buhari won this election assassinations have been on the rise .

I hope say we never enter one chance poo.

#backtorascality #apcpolitics #newbokohram
lol,u r pointless
Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by bigbasho: 1:24pm On Apr 24, 2015
Learning self defense can help a great deal. We should start embracing any form of it.
Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by eagleeyez: 1:38pm On Apr 24, 2015
Twaci:
embarassed

Las, I was in the middle of my brunch...you just ruined it angry

*pushes aside ma soaked garri and groundnuts*

On a more serious note, its sad to see what the world is turning to these days. We all need to be careful - very very careful- about where we go and who we converse with. No one can tell the true intentions of another.

RIP to the dead soul.
mmm

My dear e be like say u go loose weight be that as its an every day occurence now what can we do , but pray to God for protection.

Please add more groundnut and enjoy
Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by Slickest(m): 1:46pm On Apr 24, 2015
wakacome:
Why do i have this feeling that some people in the area where the woman called from were the ones that murdered this man??...if na FBI dey do investigation even the cleric wife will be called for questioning and they will use her as one of the tools to get the culprit.....that is called "intelligence gathering"
What if he was killed somwhr else nd dumped in badagry?...ur fbi idea can't work here in naija, no cctv cameras, no database containing info of evry citizen, no control over its population, primitive strategies in security operatives.....

Can u even imagine, the unfortunate victim can't b identified without cutting off his head, what if he was burnt?

Too much csi bro....
Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by adedayourt(m): 2:00pm On Apr 24, 2015
But seriously God is really patient nd merciful, i cant sit nd watch som wicked soul wroth wickedness

But stil dear Lord in ur mercy let not the wicked go unpurnished
Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by Gboliwe: 2:06pm On Apr 24, 2015
wakacome:
Why do i have this feeling that some people in the area where the woman called from were the ones that murdered this man??...if na FBI dey do investigation even the cleric wife will be called for questioning and they will use her as one of the tools to get the culprit.....that is called "intelligence gathering"

SMH. You have the typical Nigerian policeman mentality. Intelligence gathering my big head! It's this mentality that make Nigerians afraid of reporting things to the police.
Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by Nickymezor(f): 2:27pm On Apr 24, 2015
Hmmmm, nt again!.. this is terrible. undecided..may he rest in peace
Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by gbengus17: 2:56pm On Apr 24, 2015
The Police should do their best to recover his handset and invite every name in the handset. ONE OR MORE KNOWS ABOUT THIS. every one should be careful of who you associate with. only people close to you can harm you in life.
Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by gulfer: 3:00pm On Apr 24, 2015
R I P, but how can a jogger be in tracksuit as well as having briefs (singlet) . Why should the policemen conclude he was jogging If he was jogging, quite a few would have seen him go-by early that morning; I am sick of the lazy police theories.
Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by deletrue: 3:00pm On Apr 24, 2015
Twaci:
embarassed

Las, I was in the middle of my brunch...you just ruined it angry

*pushes aside ma soaked garri and groundnuts*

On a more serious note, its sad to see what the world is turning to these days. We all need to be careful - very very careful- about where we go and who we converse with. No one can tell the true intentions of another.

RIP to the dead soul.
Perfect. We need to be very careful. The world over is deadly by the day. May God take care of us.
Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by Originalsly: 3:17pm On Apr 24, 2015
Hmmm....courtesy of Punch...the lives of the pastor and his wife are now in danger. Then the detectives...instead of saying the unidentified male victim was wearing a yellow or whatever colour jogging suit....they start jumping to the conclusion that the man was a jogger taking his morning jog.What if he were wearing just trunks?...guess they would've said he was a swimmer going for his morning splash.. The victim may not even be from the area ...his body just dumped there. v e r y v e r y u n p r o f e s s i o n a l a n d r e c k l e s s .
Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by victors123: 4:42pm On Apr 24, 2015
embarassedThis is too bad
Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by Nobody: 4:56pm On Apr 24, 2015
Gboliwe:

SMH. You have the typical Nigerian policeman mentality. Intelligence gathering my big head! It's this mentality that make Nigerians afraid of reporting things to the police.
you must be sick young man,are you sure you do read and understand??fool.....
Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by Nobody: 4:56pm On Apr 24, 2015
Slickest:

What if he was killed somwhr else nd dumped in badagry?...ur fbi idea can't work here in naija, no cctv cameras, no database containing info of evry citizen, no control over its population, primitive strategies in security operatives.....

Can u even imagine, the unfortunate victim can't b identified without cutting off his head, what if he was burnt?

Too much csi bro....
yeah you are right
Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by Nobody: 4:57pm On Apr 24, 2015
breakeven:

Olodo that is unintelligent thinking
you be mumu
Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by justi4jesu(f): 5:26pm On Apr 24, 2015
wakacome:

My dear it's disheartening really, I always watch crime Investigation (C.I) channel and the way they investigate and get the victims is so interesting. I could only wish same for us cry cry
Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by Cityguy: 5:47pm On Apr 24, 2015
free2ryhme:
undecided undecided

Punch has once again shown they are so low on journalistic quality. Common sense without having attended NIJ dictates that you don't reveal the identity of persons that give police information especially when the criminals are still on the loose! You give the name of the person and also his full address! What nonsense! I wonder what the editors in Punch are doing: Disgracing their profession and walking to the bank with smiles to collect their pay checks for jobs not well done. Shame over again
And how do they expect people to come forward and identify the victim when the pix is blurred?
Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by tolugar: 6:00pm On Apr 24, 2015
On the other hand,

I hope the pastor was nt detained. Or fined.

He ll surely give police something.
Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by free2ryhme: 6:08pm On Apr 24, 2015
Cityguy:

And how do they expect people to come forward and identify the victim when the pix is blurred?

shocked shocked
Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by Nobody: 6:40pm On Apr 24, 2015
justi4jesu:

My dear it's disheartening really, I always watch crime Investigation (C.I) channel and the way they investigate and get the victims is so interesting. I could only wish same for us cry cry
abi oooo
Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by Nobody: 6:42pm On Apr 24, 2015
breakeven:

Olodo that is unintelligent thinking
you be mumu like the man falling below grin grin[img]http://i./5RoWSJgwxmuru.gif[/img]
Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by Fredandsome(m): 8:40pm On Apr 24, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]Y una cover the face na,una knw whether anyone here fit recognise am?!
R.I.P
Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by 2muchopoTBdope(m): 10:02pm On Apr 24, 2015
wakacome:
U ve a point Buh dats y a lot of Nigerians do not report cases like dis cos one cud become an accuse trying to assist a victim.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Air Force Officers Stabbed Me In Kaduna - Ex Corper (Disturbing Photos) / Police Parade Notorious Kidnapper, John Ewa, Three Others In Yenagoa / Top 7 Cult Groups In Nigerian Universities, Their Motto And Symbols

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.