Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,414 members, 7,822,928 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

From Miss To Mrs Part 1 - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / From Miss To Mrs Part 1 (726 Views)

Happy Birthday To Mrs. Uchechi Okwu-kanu(Nnamdi Kanu's Wife). / Mrs Charity Aiyedogbon Is Missing (photo) / From Miss To Mrs Part 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

From Miss To Mrs Part 1 by marriedmrs(f): 2:30pm On Apr 24, 2015
About three weeks to my wedding I was super organised and on top of things, I was soon-to-be a Married Mrs. (I will refer to this as MM throughout my articles). the super wedding organiser. When people asked questions like, ‘are you stressed with wedding plans? Do you need help?’ and so forth, I looked at them, smiled and said ‘chill I gats this’ (in gangster voice). Ok I didn’t exactly say that but something to that effect. I felt pity for other brides that I had heard of whom where stressed or disorganised, wondering why they couldn’t all be in charge like me. I had my check-list, my venue was booked, decorator and caterer booked, basically I thought I had covered all the basics and was going to spend the next two weeks sleeping and waiting for the D day to arrive. Two weeks to the wedding the memory part of my brain decided to go on holiday, it got up, looked to the rest of my brain and said ‘ain’t nobody got time for this’ and zoomed off. I forgot so many things! This is strange for me because generally I have a very good memory. I forgot to tell some close friends the exact date of the wedding, I forgot that there was to be a reception program, in fact I forgot that I was to get my gown dry-cleaned. Thank God for good relatives if not, I’ll probably have marched to my wedding looking like a cow had chewed on the gown the previous night. It was so bad that if I told you all the things I forgot you’ll probably start to feel shame for me.

You might be wondering where my husband-to-be was, amidst all the confusion… he was by my side o!! But let me let you in on a little secret that most married people don’t tell you. Wedding planning puts a huge strain on your relationship and it’s basically because men and women are very different in the way they think and the fact that you as a Mrs to be would be stressing trying to make sure all the last minute details are taken care of. So while you, as a woman, are having a major meltdown over the fact that you can’t find the right shade of cream to go with your shoes that also has to match your bra and your under pants, (you might think it sounds ridiculous now but when a woman enters wedding planning mode everything is as important as life itself) your husband is looking at you and wondering who he offended in the village that has decided to steal the sweet girl he met and replace her with this raving lunatic that looks just like her while you can see him looking at you like you’re crazy and it makes you get more **pissed making you act more crazy therefore proving his point (chai we are complicated we know but just don’t say it to our faces). So my dear husband to be was constantly worried about my sanity and I was angry that he was worried, putting everybody in such a tense mood that the smallest things made us fight. The thing is if you’re not careful the pressures of the wedding will make you forget why you’re doing it in the first place, (at some point I considered not inviting him to the wedding).

The truth is when I wasn’t in ultra-wedding-craze mode I realised that my sweet husband-to-be was very helpful. He took time out of his busy schedule and followed me to do the running around and I really appreciated this. Without his help a lot won’t have gotten done and I think all the MMs. out there and the soon-to-be MMs. should take some time out to really appreciate our Misters who love us and really want to help but are just scared of the crazy look they see in our eyes.
Re: From Miss To Mrs Part 1 by Nobody: 8:20am On Apr 25, 2015
Okay. Booked.

But I haven't really learnt anything remotely new or intriguing from this. undecided

Maybe subsequent posts will be better.
Re: From Miss To Mrs Part 1 by pretydiva(f): 5:19pm On Apr 25, 2015
Make I book space here..following dis story keenly
Re: From Miss To Mrs Part 1 by veave(f): 8:23am On Apr 26, 2015
... was here

(1) (Reply)

Close / Food For 300 Guests + Wedding Cake For 300k / Woman Begging With Triplet On Lagos Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.