Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,626 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:08 PM

Nigerian Woman Steals £17,000 From UK Employers For Luxury Wedding!!! (pics) - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Woman Steals £17,000 From UK Employers For Luxury Wedding!!! (pics) (37537 Views)

Childless Woman Steals Baby In Akwa Ibom (Photo) / Woman Steals A Customer's Bag In Lekki Shop (pictured) / Woman Steals N200,000 From A Salon, Escapes With Help Of 2 Other Women (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Woman Steals £17,000 From UK Employers For Luxury Wedding!!! (pics) by justwise(m): 12:39pm On Apr 25, 2015
coogar:

CRB check cost money o!
most of these companies don't bother. the best they would do is to run her name on the PNC & that PNC is very unreliable. i think it doesn't go further than the previous 2 years.

don't mind them....
a woman who emigrated from nigeria is now british. she was probably born in abia state or near dokubo's village. how is she british?

Its funny when people do that rather focusing on the issue, who wants to associate with thief anyway...
Re: Nigerian Woman Steals £17,000 From UK Employers For Luxury Wedding!!! (pics) by An2elect2(f): 12:39pm On Apr 25, 2015
jimi4us:
.i thought dey said its one particular tribe that commits all the crime in the whole wide world. SMH

grin where are the saint yolubass? grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Steals £17,000 From UK Employers For Luxury Wedding!!! (pics) by coogar: 12:40pm On Apr 25, 2015
Ralphlauren:

I don't think CRB should cost any more than £200 max. If they are paying her £40,000pa surely 200quid won't hurt their pocket.

i still dunno how she slipped through the net. her gender might have been a factor. her interviewer was probably smitten by her african "beauty". grin

A very good/reliable system is World Check/World Compliance but the license doesn't come cheap. It picks up reported criminal convictions in almost every country grin grin

even the "spent" ones?

justwise:
[/b]
Its funny when people do that rather focusing on the issue, who wants to associate with thief anyway...

hahaha

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Steals £17,000 From UK Employers For Luxury Wedding!!! (pics) by ApexTitan(m): 12:40pm On Apr 25, 2015
favoured234:

I am actually thinking they were in it together. How was she able to save that much for a wedding. Did he care to know ?

Don't rope the man in on this. Women should be held responsible for their actions without deflecting anything to men. I'm pretty sure if it was the husband who was arrested you wouldn't think to accuse the wife too.
Re: Nigerian Woman Steals £17,000 From UK Employers For Luxury Wedding!!! (pics) by An2elect2(f): 12:41pm On Apr 25, 2015
TooNoisy:
She is British. Bred in the UK and married to a white british. Gabrielle Saunders can never be Nigerian. She is theirs.

Had she won an Olympic gold medal they would never include her Nigerian heritage.

LOL
Re: Nigerian Woman Steals £17,000 From UK Employers For Luxury Wedding!!! (pics) by An2elect2(f): 12:42pm On Apr 25, 2015
eagleeye2:

hmmmm..........Yeah she is Nigerian, cos she is not from the "chest beating tribe".

yolubasss grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Steals £17,000 From UK Employers For Luxury Wedding!!! (pics) by Nobody: 12:43pm On Apr 25, 2015
She resemble one girl I know for here.

Mumu girl. Stealing on a salary of £40,000 per year.
Re: Nigerian Woman Steals £17,000 From UK Employers For Luxury Wedding!!! (pics) by coogar: 12:43pm On Apr 25, 2015
ApexTitan:

Don't rope the man in on this. Women should be held responsible for their actions without deflecting anything to men. I'm pretty sure if it was the husband who was arrested you wouldn't think to accuse the wife too.

why are you surprised?
21st century women don't take any responsibility for their action. someone else must have cajoled them to behave badly.

even after it was stated clearly the woman has had previous convictions of a similar offence, some folks still want to rope in her husband as an accomplice.

i tire for women.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Steals £17,000 From UK Employers For Luxury Wedding!!! (pics) by Nobody: 12:43pm On Apr 25, 2015
homesteady:
Wow! this case is spiritua, it's not just normal! undecided undecided

yea yea because its a yoruba woman.... now its spiritual

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Steals £17,000 From UK Employers For Luxury Wedding!!! (pics) by An2elect2(f): 12:47pm On Apr 25, 2015
byrron:
No tribal bashing as usual because the criminal in question isn't ...........

MAY GOD DELIVER NIGERIA FROM HYPOCRITICAL NIGERIANS.

Trust yolobasss with this one. They wont see it. They only see what/who they want to see grin

tongue

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Steals £17,000 From UK Employers For Luxury Wedding!!! (pics) by Nobody: 12:47pm On Apr 25, 2015
9jatatafo:
Later she will come to Nigeria and become a senator in one state or a governor in an oil producing state. This is how it start.

[size=18pt]I bet no one submitted her name to Buhari...he would have made her part of his transition committee grin grin

By the way, where are the i.diots of Nairaland like ola1st, ilekeh, searchingforlove, Excuzeme and other wide-nosed South West fooools on NL? They should come and see their cousin's exploit o grin grin grin[/size]

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Steals £17,000 From UK Employers For Luxury Wedding!!! (pics) by SailorXY: 12:48pm On Apr 25, 2015
laziness is second nature for some people
Re: Nigerian Woman Steals £17,000 From UK Employers For Luxury Wedding!!! (pics) by SirShymexx: 12:49pm On Apr 25, 2015
coogar:

trust me, they do!
they remit a considerable amount of this loot to nigeria. it can even be argued that the pressure from the folks in nigeria forced her hands to steal.

Lol coogz. Compared to what folks rinse every weekend like it's nothing? Mandem waste money like it's nothing. I'm from South London, the supreme headquarters of naij shiit, and Pecknizzy/Camberwell is the oval office, while Thamesmead is where the residential palace is (a few run around Docklands and Canary Wharf now). Brev, these folks waste too much money on the dumbest shiit.

nigerians are babies to indians/romanians.
what do we know in comparison to these guys? all the VAT fraud in the UK are by indians. romanians are the expert of ATM fraud.

And they don't get the same backlash like Nigerians. That's because they don't let greed get involved. They go for the big ones, and divert the money into wealth creation. Thus legalising the dirty money without excessive flamboyance like Nigerians.

i won't be surprised if the culprits of the heist during the easter break were romanians or indians. diamonds worth more than £200m were carted away without sweat.

Biggest heist in history.

But that looks like a proper white boy thing. That area is for white brits only(their specialty), they're the only ones who can pull that off. But I won't be surprised if an Indian is part of the whole thing, though.

she's an amateur!
she should have involved a 3rd party unconnected to the company. like you said, her greed got the better of her. she wouldn't want to share with a 3rd party & decided to do it herself.

That just comes with greed. She used her company's card with her name like they won't even check. That's a lot of money, and it's very easy to find out what the card was used for and by who from the bank cos no bank would want to refund a huge sum like that without proper investigation. Greed always make folks do stupid things.

And from her past, it's glaring she has to be most stupid heifer ever.
Re: Nigerian Woman Steals £17,000 From UK Employers For Luxury Wedding!!! (pics) by 9jatatafo(m): 12:53pm On Apr 25, 2015
lawanson44:

[size=18pt]I bet no one submitted her name to Buhari...he would have made her part of his transition committee grin grin

By the way, where are the i.diots of Nairaland like ola1st, ilekeh, searchingforlove, Excuzeme and other wide-nosed South West fooools on NL? They should come and see their cousin's exploit o grin grin grin[/size]

Don't mind them, since the babe belongs to the tribe that has an Oba that threatened one particular tribe to die in the lagoon, they will remain silent

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Steals £17,000 From UK Employers For Luxury Wedding!!! (pics) by coogar: 12:56pm On Apr 25, 2015
SirShymexx:

Lol coogz. Compared to what folks rinse every weekend like it's nothing? Mandem waste money like it's nothing. I'm from South London, the supreme headquarters of naij shiit, and Pecknizzy/Camberwell is the oval office, while Thamesmead is where the residential palace is (a few run around Docklands and Canary Wharf now). Brev, these folks waste too much money on the dumbest shiit.

they have to keep up with the jonses...
bunch of animals! they caught one nigerian a year ago. he had more cristal bottles in his fridge than any departmental store in the UK.

And they don't get the same backlash like Nigerians. That's because they don't let greed get involved. They go for the big ones, and divert the money into wealth creation. Thus legalising the dirty money without excessive flamboyance like Nigerians.

they wear 2 clothes per year.
one for jummat on friday, the other for the rest of the week. they have a small grocery store as an alibi for their loot.

Biggest heist in history.

But that looks like a proper white boy thing. That area is for white brits only(their specialty), they're the only ones who can pull that off. But I won't be surprised if an Indian is part of the whole thing, though.

i thought as much at first.....
then when evidence showed they kept going back for more diamonds then i figured it musta been people from 3rd world countries. they raided the jewelry store from thursday night till the early hours of tuesday morning. grin grin

That just comes with greed. She used her company's card with her name like they won't even check. That's a lot of money, and it's very easy to find out what the card was used for and by who from the bank cos no bank would want to remit a huge sum like that without proper investigation. Greed always make folks do stupid things.

And from her past, it's glaring she has to be most stupid heifer ever.

she's a very lucky girl!
her sentence was very light.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Steals £17,000 From UK Employers For Luxury Wedding!!! (pics) by manuelpepper: 1:00pm On Apr 25, 2015
9jatatafo:

Don't mind them, since the babe belongs to the tribe that has an Oba that threatened one particular tribe to die in the lagoon, they will remain silent
yea: she is a yoruba thief in d uk.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Steals £17,000 From UK Employers For Luxury Wedding!!! (pics) by BABE3: 1:13pm On Apr 25, 2015
Re: Nigerian Woman Steals £17,000 From UK Employers For Luxury Wedding!!! (pics) by SirShymexx: 1:14pm On Apr 25, 2015
coogar:

they have to keep up with the jonses...
bunch of animals! they caught one nigerian a year ago. he had more cristal bottles in his fridge than any departmental store in the UK.

Lol. Nigerians don't keep up with the jonses - they terrorize everyone, hence they have taken everyone's chics. grin

Darn! I remember back in the day when cristal, ace of spades, and dom perignon used to be the things to waste money on. Mandem used to rinse the whole club with champagne bath. Pure waste of money and lavish exuberance everywhere. The cars, the designers, etc.. It's not like it used to be cos dem mans don't get it like they used to - but they still go hard. grin

It's normal to see a Nigerian waste £5,000 in the club today, and end up on noodles diet next week, while begging you for £20 to buy fuel. That's why I don't rate a lot of them.

they wear 2 clothes per year.
one for jummat on friday, the other for the rest of the week. they have a small grocery store as an alibi for their loot.

Lol. A lot of things go on in the those corner-shops, and most of them do VAT scams. Darn! if you want to see how rich Indians are, just go to their temple on a Sunday and checkout the RRs, Bentleys, Ferraris etc.. They are the masters of legalising dirty money.

i thought as much at first.....
then when evidence showed they kept going back for more diamonds then i figured it musta been people from 3rd world countries. they raided the jewelry store from thursday night till the early hours of tuesday morning. grin grin

That's a proper white boy heist. I won't be surprised if they're from Kent/Essex. Those two places have the hardest white boys ever to me (maybe Liverpool and Manchester as well). They do a lot mad shiit. You need to checkout their regular heist in Tilbury at the port, they have rinsed that place. grin

she's a very lucky girl!
her sentence was very light.

Extremely lucky. I think cos she used it to get married - that kind of help her case a bit. And the fact that she had no time left on her license made the judge view this one as an isolated case.

However, her career is over.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Steals £17,000 From UK Employers For Luxury Wedding!!! (pics) by aniyphil: 1:17pm On Apr 25, 2015
So as big as Insight Investments is, they couldn't even do a proper background check on a prospective employee before engaging her . . .dem lucky say the babe sef no sharp! undecided
Re: Nigerian Woman Steals £17,000 From UK Employers For Luxury Wedding!!! (pics) by Orikinla(m): 1:20pm On Apr 25, 2015
Her marriage is an investment.
She stole to start her business venture, Marriage.
Re: Nigerian Woman Steals £17,000 From UK Employers For Luxury Wedding!!! (pics) by grandstar(m): 1:25pm On Apr 25, 2015
shameless thing
Re: Nigerian Woman Steals £17,000 From UK Employers For Luxury Wedding!!! (pics) by homesteady(m): 1:31pm On Apr 25, 2015
CHESSBOARD:

yea yea because its a yoruba woman.... now its spiritual
Pardon? undecided undecided
Re: Nigerian Woman Steals £17,000 From UK Employers For Luxury Wedding!!! (pics) by mmsen: 1:41pm On Apr 25, 2015
vislabraye:
Even after having a good degree .

Did she single handedly sponsor her wedding ? That's serious...

A good degree is not all its made out to be - especially in the a place like London where you will earn just enough to pay for your upkeep.
Re: Nigerian Woman Steals £17,000 From UK Employers For Luxury Wedding!!! (pics) by Nobody: 1:45pm On Apr 25, 2015
coogar:

how could they have been in it together when she stole the money in her workplace? does the hubby work in the same company?

ok, seen!

she was a personal assistant....
it means she would be in charge of arranging transport & hotel accommodation for staff who are travelling on official trips.

my problem with her is the way she perpetually steals from her colleagues & neighbours. i mean, who does that? fayose & ibori all started this way too. in the next 10 years, she would become a governor in nigeria.

You cant be so sure

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Steals £17,000 From UK Employers For Luxury Wedding!!! (pics) by mmsen: 1:48pm On Apr 25, 2015
TooNoisy:
She is British. Bred in the UK and married to a white british. Gabrielle Saunders can never be Nigerian. She is theirs.

Had she won an Olympic gold medal they would never include her Nigerian heritage.

The Old Bailey heard Saunders came to the UK from Nigeria

Definitely Nigerian.
Re: Nigerian Woman Steals £17,000 From UK Employers For Luxury Wedding!!! (pics) by Nobody: 1:49pm On Apr 25, 2015
ApexTitan:

Yes I would have roped the husband into it... As for me a wife of a thief is an accomplice and vice versa
Re: Nigerian Woman Steals £17,000 From UK Employers For Luxury Wedding!!! (pics) by coogar: 1:50pm On Apr 25, 2015
favoured234:

You cant be so sure

of course....i can't be so sure. grin
she stole in 2007, this man was part of it. she stole in 2011, this husband was also part of it. now, she's stolen again and this dude was involved yet again.

meanwhile, only the woman got caught in the 3 different crimes. the man never got caught cos he's a supernatural being & the babe is so in love with him to the extent that she's ready to get punished alone for their crimes.

you're a genius - einstein has nothing on you. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Steals £17,000 From UK Employers For Luxury Wedding!!! (pics) by sniper77(m): 1:54pm On Apr 25, 2015
see as she dey look sef.thief
Re: Nigerian Woman Steals £17,000 From UK Employers For Luxury Wedding!!! (pics) by jascon1(m): 1:55pm On Apr 25, 2015
favoured234:

I am actually thinking they were in it together. How was she able to save that much for a wedding. Did he care to know ?
correct! He could have been the mastermind
Re: Nigerian Woman Steals £17,000 From UK Employers For Luxury Wedding!!! (pics) by Nobody: 1:57pm On Apr 25, 2015
coogar:

of course....i can't be so sure. grin
she stole in 2007, this man was part of it. she stole in 2011, this husband was also part of it. now, she's stolen again and this dude was involved yet again.

meanwhile, only the woman got caught in the 3 different crimes. the man never got caught cos he's a supernatural being & the babe is so in love with him to the extent that she's ready to get punished alone for their crimes.

you're a genius - einstein has nothing on you. grin
Did the article tell you how long they have been dating?
Re: Nigerian Woman Steals £17,000 From UK Employers For Luxury Wedding!!! (pics) by SirShymexx: 1:58pm On Apr 25, 2015
Lol.

I think her case is a bad mix of Nigerian greed and her love for pink willy - doubled whammy of madness.

Her case also made headlines in 2007 - Telegraph (2007):

Tax consultant jailed for stealing for boyfriend

By Felix Lowe and agencies12:01PM GMT 19 Nov 2007

A trainee City tax consultant paid the price for having an "expensive boyfriend" when she was jailed for six months for stealing more than £34,000 from her employers PricewaterhouseCoopers. Southampton University law graduate Yinka Saunders, 24, raised funds to pay off £40,000 credit card debts by entering false taxi and train expense claims over a 10-month period.

The debts had been run up by her partner, an older man whom her parents had warned her against. Miss Saunders, of Blackwall Way, Poplar, east London, wept as she was jailed at the Old Bailey. Having started working for PwC in August 2004, Miss Saunders began stealing from the company in December 2006 despite her £29,500 income.

She continued siphoning off money for her boyfriend until October 2006 when she was caught out by a routine audit. She stole a total of £34,916, jeopardising her ambition to make a future career in tax consultancy. The court heard that Miss Saunders has submitted false travel chits of between £124 and £250 to destinations such as Cardiff, Basingstoke and Milton Keynes, which had been falsely signed off. She admitted one count of theft at an earlier hearing.

Michael Mulkerrins, prosecuting, told the court: "Miss Saunders had a relatively junior position with PricewaterhouseCoopers. There is no suggestion that other employees had any suspicion cast upon them. "She had got herself into debt and did have an expensive boyfriend." Mr Mulkerrins added: "PricewaterhouseCoopers are an international company. It may be that the sum of £34,000 to them may be a small sum. It is not as if it is the life savings of someone that is elderly or vulnerable."

Michael Hall, defending, said his client was scared about the prospect of going to jail. Miss Saunders, an intelligent young woman with a 2:1 law degree, was aware of her crime and was both "contrite and tearful", he said. Mr Hall stressed that she was under strong pressure from her boyfriend and credit card companies to pay off her debts. She was so ashamed that she had not told her parents, from Southampton, why she had left PwC, he said.

"They do not know that she is in the number one court at the Old Bailey," he said.

Of her boyfriend, Mr Hall said: "Her parents didn't like him in the first place and have told her that that man could lead her astray."
Despite her crime, he said Miss Saunders had managed to get a new £23,000 job as a secretary at an accountancy firm. Mr Hall stressed that her present employers knew the position she was in and that her client was determined to repay the debts she had run up. He said: "It is a real tragedy that someone with her background and education has succumbed to temptation. "A young woman of 24, a law graduate, is not the sort of person who should be incarcerated for any length of time in Holloway or any other institution."

But Judge Richard Hawkins said: "People are being put up around the country without the advantages that your client has had and they will be sentenced to immediate imprisonment." Jailing Miss Saunders for six months, he said: "I am told that the purpose of your thefts was to finance the boyfriend who you were under the influence of.

"I am afraid I have not been persuaded that it is not my duty to send you to prison."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1569820/Tax-consultant-jailed-for-stealing-for-boyfriend.html

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Steals £17,000 From UK Employers For Luxury Wedding!!! (pics) by r231(m): 1:58pm On Apr 25, 2015
SirShymexx:

Lol. Nigerians don't keep up with the jonses - they terrorize everyone, hence they have taken everyone's chics. grin

Darn! I remember back in the day when cristal, ace of spades, and dom perignon used to be the things to waste money on. Mandem used to rinse the whole club with champagne bath. Pure waste of money and lavish exuberance everywhere. The cars, the designers, etc.. It's not like it used to be cos dem mans don't get it like they used to - but they still go hard. grin

It's normal to see a Nigerian waste £5,000 in the club today, and end up on noodles diet next week, while begging you for £20 to buy fuel. That's why I don't rate a lot of them.

grin grin grin grin

speaking from experience han grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

This Young Man Was Murdered This Night In Ibadan (Graphic Photo) / Lagos Residents Scramble To Pick Stolen Money: Video / Sister Accidently Shoots Brother Dead While Posing With Gun For Facebook Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.