Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,799 members, 7,817,309 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

Pls Help My Car Refused To Start - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pls Help My Car Refused To Start (1420 Views)

Why Does My Car Engine Oil Dry Up Without Physical Leakage / Can I Replace My Car Engine Oil With A Road Side Measurement Oil? / Mitsusbishi GDI Refused To Supply Feul To The Injectors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help My Car Refused To Start by MrJanuzaj: 10:18pm On Apr 24, 2015
Pls nairalanders help!!! I just bought a Camry 2.2 last month. Its in good condition until last sunday I drove it last. After that day I did not start it again, but I use to discover that the "time " inside is ussualy on whenever I come back. Until yesterday it was (the time) is still shinig . but today when I come back it was off. So I tried start the car it did not start. Pls peeps help I am afraid
Re: Pls Help My Car Refused To Start by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:35pm On Apr 24, 2015
MrJanuzaj:
Pls nairalanders help!!! I just bought a Camry 2.2 last month. Its in good condition until last sunday I drove it last. After that day I did not start it again, but I use to discover that the "time " inside is ussualy on whenever I come back. Until yesterday it was (the time) is still shinig . but today when I come back it was off. So I tried start the car it did not start. Pls peeps help I am afraid

Turn on the headlamps, press the horn does the horn sound normal? Are the lights sharp? If no check batt contacts, if contacts ok get another battery and a jump cable and start your vehicle.

If it works you might possibly need a new battery
Re: Pls Help My Car Refused To Start by MrJanuzaj: 10:42pm On Apr 24, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Turn on the headlamps, press the horn does the horn sound normal? Are the lights sharp? If no check batt contacts, if contacts ok get another battery and a jump cable and start your vehicle.

If it works you might possibly need a new battery

Sir the battery is new
Or is there anything discharging the battery? Honestly I am broke now. And any major expenses will hit me now. I will try what you told me now
Re: Pls Help My Car Refused To Start by ogawisdom(m): 8:04pm On Apr 25, 2015
Op d part where u said u r afraid made me wanna laugh. Wat exactly r u afraid of, car wahala abi grin

U left ur car unused for abt one week dts enough time for ur battery to run down if it is weak.

Anyway check d battery is tightly connected, is it dry cell or wet cell battery.
Re: Pls Help My Car Refused To Start by MrJanuzaj: 9:49pm On Apr 25, 2015
ogawisdom:
Op d part where u said u r afraid made me wanna laugh. Wat exactly r u afraid of, car wahala abi grin

U left ur car unused for abt one week dts enough time for ur battery to run down if it is weak.

Anyway check d battery is tightly connected, is it dry cell or wet cell battery.

Na so my broda. Will you blame me? I don't know much about cars. And am an average Nigerian am afarid of huge loss. So leaving a car unused for a week can discharge ones battery? I have learnt one today. Thanks jare
Re: Pls Help My Car Refused To Start by charly24: 10:42pm On Apr 25, 2015
MrJanuzaj:
Re: Pls Help My Car Refused To Start by charly24: 10:53pm On Apr 25, 2015
Bros I had similar issue like dis wen I just bought my car same modern with urs I call a friend dat my car did not start came with his car fix his battery in my car n we drove to an electrician workshop he told me my battery drained cos I only switch of d engine leaving oda gadget on he drained d acid in my batter and pured in fresh 1 and charged d bat3 n till DAT am still using d bat3 tho mine is dry cell tho he only quess DAT option DAT if it do not work out I shud be prepared to get a new one my guy my level drop
Re: Pls Help My Car Refused To Start by MrJanuzaj: 11:37pm On Apr 25, 2015
charly24:
Bros I had similar issue like dis wen I just bought my car same modern with urs I call a friend dat my car did not start came with his car fix his battery in my car n we drove to an electrician workshop he told me my battery drained cos I only switch of d engine leaving oda gadget on he drained d acid in my batter and pured in fresh 1 and charged d bat3 n till DAT am still using d bat3 tho mine is dry cell tho he only quess DAT option DAT if it do not work out I shud be prepared to get a new one my guy my level drop

Pls sir what other gadgets did you on ? And how do I off it? and how do I know they are on
Re: Pls Help My Car Refused To Start by MrJanuzaj: 11:40pm On Apr 25, 2015
charly24:

Pls sir what other gadgets did you on ? And how do I off it? and how do I know they are on?
Re: Pls Help My Car Refused To Start by Nobody: 12:03am On Apr 26, 2015
MrJanuzaj:

Na so my broda. Will you blame me? I don't know much about cars. And am an average Nigerian am afarid of huge loss. So leaving a car unused for a week can discharge ones battery? I have learnt one today. Thanks jare

Leaving a car with battery connected for quite a while will drain its battery. Vehicle ECUs, tracking device, in-built security system and immobilizer, clock, etc they help drain battery.
Re: Pls Help My Car Refused To Start by abatically(m): 2:05am On Apr 26, 2015
MrJanuzaj:

Pls sir what other gadgets did you on ? And how do I off it? and how do I know they are on

There are no gadgets to turn off apart from headlights and inner lights. Just make sure ur doors and booth are closed. Unless maybe u are using aftermarket stereo and it is not connected to the ignition, then u make sure u turn it off.
Re: Pls Help My Car Refused To Start by nurey(m): 11:21am On Apr 26, 2015
Should leaving gadgets on in a car pose serious issues, if I leave my headlights on and switch off the car, it goes off, if the door is opened and the inner lights left at DOOR, after 10mins, the car automatically switches off the inner lights and will only come on again if you open or close the doors.

I always leave the radio on and use a digital clock, once you remove the car key, all gadgets are automatically switched off its only the horn that can drain the battery, that's if you have time to hold it in place.
Re: Pls Help My Car Refused To Start by Nobody: 6:19am On Apr 27, 2015
Hope ur car has start? If u gat further isures buzz me am in abj or any1 in the house.

(1) (Reply)

Can I Remove The Propeller In My 2005 Murano? / Action Packed Day At The Eko Atlantic Car Show “for The Love Of Cars" (Pics) / 2019 Audi A8 – The First One To Cross The Autonomous Border

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.