Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,103 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

Man Who Trekked From Lagos To Abuja Meets Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Man Who Trekked From Lagos To Abuja Meets Buhari (657 Views)

Photos: Atiku Abubakar And Bola Tinubu Welcome Man Who Trekked From Yola To Abuj / Buhari Meets & Shakes Man Who Trekked From Lagos To Abuja [Photos] / Obasanjo Meets Buhari , APC chieftains before Ambode rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Who Trekked From Lagos To Abuja Meets Buhari by ethylene: 3:03am On Apr 25, 2015
Man who trekked from Lagos to Abuja meets Buhari

President-elect, General Muhammadu Buhari, yesterday received Suleimab Hashimu, the young man who trekked from Lagos to Abuja to celebrate the victory of the All Progressives Congress (APC) at the recently concluded presidential election.

Buhari, who received Hashimu in Abuja, congratulated him for his achievement and courage.

Buhari said: “I want to congratulate you for making it.  You are a young man and you are lucky that your health did not fail you. I   heard many stories about you. I understand you wore many shoes. I also understand that there were many people who were generous to you.”

Hashimu told the President-elect that he made a promise about two years ago to trek from Lagos to Abuja, if you emerged the winner in the presidential election.

He said: “I made the promise because of the love I have for you.  I thank God that I made a promise and I fulfilled it”.

He said it took him 18 days to trek from Lagos to Abuja, covering a distance of about 12 hours daily.

He said: “I passed through Kwara and Niger states.  I was trekking from 6.00am to 6.00pm everyday.

“I made this promise two years ago. I am based in Ibadan and I started my journey from Lagos because Lagos is the most popular city in Nigeria and I started from the Berger Junction in Lagos. I’m not bothered about what the people say. I have made it.”
Re: Man Who Trekked From Lagos To Abuja Meets Buhari by ATMC(f): 3:06am On Apr 25, 2015
@op let's try and get some sleep, you hear? Congrats to him. And btw who has seen Idowuogbo? Idowu!!
Re: Man Who Trekked From Lagos To Abuja Meets Buhari by jared007: 3:40am On Apr 25, 2015
No wonder that explains why he could reach Abuja in 18 days. He wasn't treking at night.
Re: Man Who Trekked From Lagos To Abuja Meets Buhari by absoluteSuccess: 3:54am On Apr 25, 2015
What a courage, a man must fulfil his cravings and live for others as much as self also demand.
Re: Man Who Trekked From Lagos To Abuja Meets Buhari by jeffizy(m): 4:07am On Apr 25, 2015
I name him Mr "irin-gbemi" . cheesy
Walk has made him popular.
Re: Man Who Trekked From Lagos To Abuja Meets Buhari by Orunto: 4:13am On Apr 25, 2015
His cost:- Shoes-N18000; Clothes- N9000; Allowance-N54000; Others-N19000=N100000. Give him N200000 for his efforts.
Re: Man Who Trekked From Lagos To Abuja Meets Buhari by Idowuogbo(f): 8:56am On Apr 25, 2015
ATMC:
@op let's try and get some sleep, you hear? Congrats to him. And btw who has seen Idowuogbo? Idowu!!
Ma?!!!! grin
Re: Man Who Trekked From Lagos To Abuja Meets Buhari by ATMC(f): 11:12am On Apr 25, 2015
Idowuogbo:

Ma?!!!! grin
Ahhhh...!!!! where have you been this gehl?:-D You still on your way to Abuja to Lagos? your partner don reach o

(1) (Reply)

Ajah Kingmakers Lose Court Case Against Julius Berger / APC Governors To Meet Buhari Today With A Long List Of Demands / Wole Soyinka In-digbo Fabrication. The Cables Apologies To Soyinka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.