Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,674 members, 7,820,368 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Profiles Of Members Of Buhari's Transitional Commitee - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Profiles Of Members Of Buhari's Transitional Commitee (36912 Views)

Profiles Of Sandie Okoro & Arunma Oteh, Nigerians In World Bank Management Team / List Of Members Of The Presidential Transition Committee / Rivers APC Cries Out Over Killing , Arrest Of Members - Graphic Picture Warning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Profiles Of Members Of Buhari's Transitional Commitee by jamex93(m): 3:58pm On Apr 25, 2015
kk

2 Likes

Re: Profiles Of Members Of Buhari's Transitional Commitee by mascot87(m): 3:58pm On Apr 25, 2015
We await the arrival of PDP bees to come & disrupt this thread with unnecessary feckless statements
Re: Profiles Of Members Of Buhari's Transitional Commitee by benuejosh: 3:58pm On Apr 25, 2015
Technocrats indeed. Each of them have experience.

1 Like

Re: Profiles Of Members Of Buhari's Transitional Commitee by XBLadez: 3:58pm On Apr 25, 2015
Baba One Chance. (BOC) Ofu oche grin
Re: Profiles Of Members Of Buhari's Transitional Commitee by Nobody: 3:58pm On Apr 25, 2015
Its a GOOD start smiley #change#

1 Like

Re: Profiles Of Members Of Buhari's Transitional Commitee by stronger: 3:58pm On Apr 25, 2015
[size=14pt]Fantastic team! fantastic profile!

Those opening threads and having heart attacks on the party organising team can swim in the lagoon without a life jacket!
[/size]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Profiles Of Members Of Buhari's Transitional Commitee by Shittaakeem(m): 3:58pm On Apr 25, 2015
smiley
Re: Profiles Of Members Of Buhari's Transitional Commitee by emjoe1: 3:59pm On Apr 25, 2015
fp dey sweet o.
Re: Profiles Of Members Of Buhari's Transitional Commitee by Nobody: 3:59pm On Apr 25, 2015
AT T E N T I O N
Those who became crazy about Buhari and the
APC and who hoped for radical changes or
quick fixes are waking up to reality and are
beginning to understand what we have been
saying all along; that there is no wisdom in
putting too faith in any politician or political
party.
First the APC has been unable for two days now
to agree on zoning of key positions.
It is about power, zones, but not the people as
we had said a cornucopia of times in the past.
Please read the story, I do not want to talk too
much.
" http://www.punchng.com/ …/apc-leaders-fail
-to-agree-on-zoni…/".
Second, after Buhari said the other day that he
will remove fuel subsidies, an APC man at the
National Assembly is saying now that it is PDP
that has removed fuel subsidies. They have
now started blaming PDP for what they said
they will do. Read the story, I don't want to talk
too much.
http://www.punchng.com/ …/oil-subsidy-remo
val-booby-trap-fo…/
After Buhari told CNN the other day that he will
deal with Boko Haram in just few months and
even promised before elections to tackle the
economy as soon as he takes over, Buhari is
now pleading for more time to deal with Boko
Haram or deliver on his promises. The
economy was in such a bad state that I need
time, he is saying, as if when Jonathan took
over, the economy was not in a terrible and
pathetic state, especially because of the
military who failed to diversify the economy and
looted everything like Abacha, Babangida,
including Obasanjo who diversified the
economy in his own farm in his home state of
Ogun.
Anyway, please read the story, these are not
my inventions. http://www.channelstv.com/
…/buhari-appeals-to-nigerians-fo…/ .
Buhari after saying during campaign that he
will make naira equal in value to a dollar,
please read the story " http://
www.vanguardngr.com/ …/ill-make-naira-e
qual-in-value…/"
He is now saying that he never said so. Please
read the story before you attack me instead of
focusing on the points I am raising.
" http://thenationonlineng.net/ …/apc-never-
promised-to-make-…/"
There were also promises on delivering
refineries in four years, feeding school children
and tackling corruption head on. They will
promise heaven and give you earth.
Buhari has not even taken over but already, he
has realised that many of what he promised so
easily may be hard to achieve. So he's trying to
bring down expectations.
These expectations were so high that when we
tried to caution that the man may become
unpopular when these expectations are not
quickly met, especially with low oil prices, a
lack of functional refineries, and an expensive
civil service, plus a divided national assembly
and entrenched corruption in the civil service,
some people described us as praying against
the man's success.
No sir, we talk reality and not tribalism,
nationalism or just emotions. Some folks who
supported Buhari with passion are now saying
that if Buhari failed to deliver, they will turn
against him. No sir, you cannot turn against
him suddenly. That will be like decamping after
a failed election. They should have been less
optimistic and more cautious knowing that
human beings cannot be fully trusted.
They should have understood what we
understood; that politicians want only two
things, gain power or retain power.
This is why President Jonathan is a world hero
today. He refused to use the powers of his
office to remain in power.
Politicians will do anything to get power. Watch
all those surrounding Buhari, it will give you a
clue.
It is only when they know the people are
watching them and can sack them that they
work hard. Not when the people are crazy
about them before they deliver anything

3 Likes

Re: Profiles Of Members Of Buhari's Transitional Commitee by freemanbubble: 3:59pm On Apr 25, 2015
na them sabi.
Re: Profiles Of Members Of Buhari's Transitional Commitee by Profkomolafe(m): 4:11pm On Apr 25, 2015
olohun! this people own me an apology for not including my name dia

1 Like

Re: Profiles Of Members Of Buhari's Transitional Commitee by AleXis0r(m): 4:18pm On Apr 25, 2015
I feared he wasn't gonna include a woman
Re: Profiles Of Members Of Buhari's Transitional Commitee by jumich1(m): 4:22pm On Apr 25, 2015
shocked hmmm, this Buhari man means business oo, but why is my name not there grin shocked grin shocked grin shocked
Re: Profiles Of Members Of Buhari's Transitional Commitee by Nobody: 4:24pm On Apr 25, 2015
tbaba1234:

Mr Festus Odimegwu

Mr. Eze Festus Boniface Oha Odimegwu, CON served as Chairman, National Population Commission (NPC and Chief Executive Officer of Nigeria's biggest Brewer, Nigerian Breweries. Mr. Odimegwu is stickler for excellence and a goal-getter. He taken over at NB Plc than he embarked on a modernization programme that has further strengthened the distance between NB and its competitors. Mr. Odimegwu was the spirit behind the partnership with Heiniken that resulted into one of the world's biggest Breweries in Nigeria. Nigerian Breweries became the most capitalized stock on the Nigerian Stock Exchange under his leadership. He served as a Director of Dangote Cement Plc until March 2012. He served as Director of Union Bank of Nigeria plc. since 2004 until December 31, 2011. He served as Director of Transnational Corporation of Nigeria Plc. He graduated with B.Sc Chemistry from the University of Nigeria, Nnsuka and M.Sc Brewing from Beriot Watt University, Edinburgh, UK.

Edited from http://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/people/person.asp?personId=26668236&ticker=UBN:NL

Breweries runs in the veins

1 Like

Re: Profiles Of Members Of Buhari's Transitional Commitee by DExplorer1: 4:26pm On Apr 25, 2015
It's obvious APC meant good governance. The choice of personnels in this course is highly commendable. Their profile was massively built and one could tell that they're dynamic and experienced in diverse capacities.

3 Likes

Re: Profiles Of Members Of Buhari's Transitional Commitee by Flets: 4:45pm On Apr 25, 2015
Immarshall:
A team of competent members,i trust baba cool
Not a team filled with the likes of madueke..these are people with a commendable past,selfless individuals..
Nigeria will be great again -GMB 2015-2023

Amaechi..... Competent people?
Re: Profiles Of Members Of Buhari's Transitional Commitee by adafab: 4:46pm On Apr 25, 2015
we are all waiting.
Re: Profiles Of Members Of Buhari's Transitional Commitee by tbaba1234: 4:48pm On Apr 25, 2015
Flets:

Amaechi..... Competent people?

Amaechi performed decently as governor. He is very competent. You might dislike his politics but it does not mean he is incompetent.

5 Likes

Re: Profiles Of Members Of Buhari's Transitional Commitee by MrP7: 4:54pm On Apr 25, 2015
After I read threads on nairaland I can definitely conclude that Nigerians celebrate criminality.
If Gani or Fela we're still alike , some of these crooks will not be parading as super heroes.
I didn't vote because all the parties are all the same so don't label me PDP or APc.
Dr Onu was the first governor of Abia State and his achievement was how much money he could loot.
He set the foundation for robbing Abia treasury for personal usage
Amechi was not from a wealthy family and wasn't rich before he entered politics now he is a billionaire.
Please let's be objective.

1 Like

Re: Profiles Of Members Of Buhari's Transitional Commitee by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 5:06pm On Apr 25, 2015
tbaba1234:

Amaechi performed decently as governor. He is very competent. You might dislike his politics but it does not mean he is incompetent.

With a lot of money (I mean trillions) at any governors disposal, he can afford to waste 75% and still appear very competent to laymen.

Do you know that River State has approximately the same Federal allocation as five Southeast States combined in eight years of Amaechi's regime?

I'm not insinuating anything, just making an observation.

1 Like

Re: Profiles Of Members Of Buhari's Transitional Commitee by Flets: 5:07pm On Apr 25, 2015
tbaba1234:

If abandoning governance for political gains for over 2.5years is competence...... Then competence has a different meaning

Why are courts under lock and key for a better part of the 2nd tenure while rivers indigenes are languishing in jails because their cases cannot be heard?

What does the popular formulation of parallel govt by amaechi actually mean?

What's really competent about Amaechi?
Re: Profiles Of Members Of Buhari's Transitional Commitee by 9jatatafo(m): 5:09pm On Apr 25, 2015
Ozigbondu:
Bees disrupt elections in taraba state

Hahahahahaha One chance!!!
Re: Profiles Of Members Of Buhari's Transitional Commitee by zingywingy: 5:12pm On Apr 25, 2015
Hmmmm..
No wonder they are taking time to organize team...
Its not easy to put technocrats ahead of selfish politicians...

1 Like

Re: Profiles Of Members Of Buhari's Transitional Commitee by 9jatatafo(m): 5:14pm On Apr 25, 2015
I believe Oknonjo-Iweala's CV was as rich as the above mentioned or better still, richer than some but today what was her performance? I don't believe in CV or whatever, please do the work and perform.

1 Like

Re: Profiles Of Members Of Buhari's Transitional Commitee by deletrue: 5:19pm On Apr 25, 2015
tbaba1234:
Ahmed Mohammed Joda (Chairman) is a Nigerian administrator, journalist, politician who is a former permanent secretary in the Northern Nigerian Public Service, Federal Ministry of Information, Education and the Federal Ministry of Industries and was among a class of super perm secs in the 1970s who were mostly a cadre of group three level perm secs who played a major role during the Nigerian Civil War. In the 1960s, he worked with Ahmadu Bello in the Northern regional government.

In 1999, he headed a Committee on Assessment of Federal Government parastatals and also a panel on poverty alleviation.

Lately, he serves as the chairman of ABTI-American University of Nigeria, Yola and is the principal founder of Benue Valley Farms.

After completing his secondary education in 1948, he initially chose agriculture as a preferred choice of work. He applied and was admitted to Moor Plantation which was then one of the two prominent research and training centers in country. From Moor, he worked briefly at an Agricultural center in Yola before entering the field of journalism at Gaskiya Corporation, Zaria. He later worked for the Nigerian Broadcasting Commission serving as the editor of NBC Kaduna and then joined the Northern Nigeria civil service as Chief Information Officer and later permanent secretary in the regional Ministry of Information.

In 1967, he became a federal permanent secretary in the Ministry of Information and subsequently moved to Lagos. However, the country was just at the beginning of a civil war and his ministry was in charge of federal propaganda during the war and also to douse perceptions of the war being a Muslim vs Christian war. . After, the war, he was seconded to the Ministry of Education when the ministry was involved in rehabilitation of facilities in the old East Central State, launching of the Universal Primary Education and the establishment of the Nigerian Universities Commission. In the mid 1970s, he became permanent secretary in the Ministry of Industries at a time, the Nigerian government was trying to launch a national steel programme.

He has also served as chairman and board member of various bodies including the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, Nigerian Communications Council, Pastoral Resolve, SCOA, Nigeria, Chagouri and Chagouri Construction, Flour Mills, Nigeria, and the Nigerian LNG.

http://nigerianwiki.com/wiki/Ahmed_Joda
What you are doing is call joblessness. Oya, quickly go and sweep your rented self-contain apartment. Rubbish
Re: Profiles Of Members Of Buhari's Transitional Commitee by tbaba1234: 5:24pm On Apr 25, 2015
Flets:

What's really competent about Amaechi?

Well, he was head of a campaign team that kicked out an incumbent government for the first time in Nigeria's history.

9 Likes

Re: Profiles Of Members Of Buhari's Transitional Commitee by deletrue: 5:29pm On Apr 25, 2015
macfarland:
AT T E N T I O N
Those who became crazy about Buhari and the
APC and who hoped for radical changes or
quick fixes are waking up to reality and are
beginning to understand what we have been
saying all along; that there is no wisdom in
putting too faith in any politician or political
party.
First the APC has been unable for two days now
to agree on zoning of key positions.
It is about power, zones, but not the people as
we had said a cornucopia of times in the past.
Please read the story, I do not want to talk too
much.
" http://www.punchng.com/ …/apc-leaders-fail
-to-agree-on-zoni…/".
Second, after Buhari said the other day that he
will remove fuel subsidies, an APC man at the
National Assembly is saying now that it is PDP
that has removed fuel subsidies. They have
now started blaming PDP for what they said
they will do. Read the story, I don't want to talk
too much.
http://www.punchng.com/ …/oil-subsidy-remo
val-booby-trap-fo…/
After Buhari told CNN the other day that he will
deal with Boko Haram in just few months and
even promised before elections to tackle the
economy as soon as he takes over, Buhari is
now pleading for more time to deal with Boko
Haram or deliver on his promises. The
economy was in such a bad state that I need
time, he is saying, as if when Jonathan took
over, the economy was not in a terrible and
pathetic state, especially because of the
military who failed to diversify the economy and
looted everything like Abacha, Babangida,
including Obasanjo who diversified the
economy in his own farm in his home state of
Ogun.
Anyway, please read the story, these are not
my inventions. http://www.channelstv.com/
…/buhari-appeals-to-nigerians-fo…/ .
Buhari after saying during campaign that he
will make naira equal in value to a dollar,
please read the story " http://
www.vanguardngr.com/ …/ill-make-naira-e
qual-in-value…/"
He is now saying that he never said so. Please
read the story before you attack me instead of
focusing on the points I am raising.
" http://thenationonlineng.net/ …/apc-never-
promised-to-make-…/"
There were also promises on delivering
refineries in four years, feeding school children
and tackling corruption head on. They will
promise heaven and give you earth.
Buhari has not even taken over but already, he
has realised that many of what he promised so
easily may be hard to achieve. So he's trying to
bring down expectations.
These expectations were so high that when we
tried to caution that the man may become
unpopular when these expectations are not
quickly met, especially with low oil prices, a
lack of functional refineries, and an expensive
civil service, plus a divided national assembly
and entrenched corruption in the civil service,
some people described us as praying against
the man's success.
No sir, we talk reality and not tribalism,
nationalism or just emotions. Some folks who
supported Buhari with passion are now saying
that if Buhari failed to deliver, they will turn
against him. No sir, you cannot turn against
him suddenly. That will be like decamping after
a failed election. They should have been less
optimistic and more cautious knowing that
human beings cannot be fully trusted.
They should have understood what we
understood; that politicians want only two
things, gain power or retain power.
This is why President Jonathan is a world hero
today. He refused to use the powers of his
office to remain in power.
Politicians will do anything to get power. Watch
all those surrounding Buhari, it will give you a
clue.
It is only when they know the people are
watching them and can sack them that they
work hard. Not when the people are crazy
about them before they deliver anything
May you continue to remain on top. It now our turn to really face this vegetable president elect call Buhari. First to do nor dey pain but second to do dey pain well well. Carry on this good works.
Re: Profiles Of Members Of Buhari's Transitional Commitee by Nellybii: 5:51pm On Apr 25, 2015
deletrue:
May you continue to remain on top. It now our turn to really face this vegetable president elect call Buhari. First to do nor dey pain but second to do dey pain well well. Carry on this good works.

Which good work?? SMH.
Re: Profiles Of Members Of Buhari's Transitional Commitee by Jaraworldsms(m): 5:52pm On Apr 25, 2015
Our President elect will surely excel with this men.I was expecting to see Governor Fashola in the committee.

1 Like

Re: Profiles Of Members Of Buhari's Transitional Commitee by kings09(m): 5:52pm On Apr 25, 2015
Sweetguy25:
Its only a transition committee
U wr posting hateful comments wen u saw his inauguration committee n crying foul dat u had bn 'short-changed'. Guess d pain of losing wunt fade till 2023. Bunch of a loser.

6 Likes

Re: Profiles Of Members Of Buhari's Transitional Commitee by wowo2: 5:56pm On Apr 25, 2015
tbaba1234:

Yes, but the transitional committee report will set the agenda from the beginning. And many of these names will serve as ministers or special advisers.

Ahmed Joda is a very old man so i doubt if he will be in any cabinet but he is in the league of awesome Northern Nigerians like Prof . Jega (pardon my being sectional) and a host of other people with high integrity. As an ardent newspaper-reading young boy I remember him for always being on the side of truth in the dark days of the military.

1 Like

Re: Profiles Of Members Of Buhari's Transitional Commitee by deletrue: 5:57pm On Apr 25, 2015
MrP7:

After I read threads on nairaland I can definitely conclude that Nigerians celebrate criminality.
If Gani or Fela we're still alike , some of these crooks will not be parading as super heroes.
I didn't vote because all the parties are all the same so don't label me PDP or APc.
Dr Onu was the first governor of Abia State and his achievement was how much money he could loot.
He set the foundation for robbing Abia treasury for personal usage
Amechi was not from a wealthy family and wasn't rich before he entered politics now he is a billionaire.
Please let's be objective.
Tam David West stole a golden Wrest Watch from another member from another country while attending opec meeting. He was also embarrassed for taken excessive tea and desgraced Nigerians in the same meeting. He was having a big vessel with which he divert raw crude oil and sold to oudsiders. Thieves.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wike Blasts Amaechi In Church: We're Starting Projects Afresh Because You Looted / 2023: Tinubu's Billboard At Airport Road Abuja (Photo) / Video Of How A Bomb Killed Sgt Badang In Ungwar Sarki Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.