Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,190 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

APC, PDP Factions Form Alliance To Produce Senate President - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC, PDP Factions Form Alliance To Produce Senate President (34990 Views)

Breaking News: Omisore Unites Warring Osun PDP Factions / Fayose At Esuru To Reconcile PDP Factions (Photos) / PDP Only Needs Three Senators To Produce Senate President - Yerima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC, PDP Factions Form Alliance To Produce Senate President by mechanics(m): 10:05pm On Apr 25, 2015
Pdp no wan lose out o, dey want to rule by all means.
Re: APC, PDP Factions Form Alliance To Produce Senate President by sparkleboy(m): 10:14pm On Apr 25, 2015
The beginning of the end grin grin

Disintegration of the biggest scam of the 21st century.

Change ko changing ni
Re: APC, PDP Factions Form Alliance To Produce Senate President by chidiebere2020(m): 10:19pm On Apr 25, 2015
mulattoclaro:
Hmm. Better than having an igbo person there. The igbos are the criminal class in Nigeria. Recently some people walked into my mentions and when they realized there was nothing to steal they left. They must have been igbos.
may tunder strike u
Re: APC, PDP Factions Form Alliance To Produce Senate President by ifyan(m): 10:28pm On Apr 25, 2015
PPAngel:

Tinubu's only ace in this new arrangement is to control the house to check Buhari.

Once this new govt is sworn in, we will see strange faces close to Buhari and they won't be Tinubu's men but that of Buhari's from the core north.

Tinubu is hoping on Akume a fellow drunk. But Akume lacks the carriage and clouth and being a Benue and Christian I don't see how he can control the northern muslims who will be staunch and blind Buhari supporters. David Mark's military background and air of consensus gave him the much deserved support and authority from the Senate.

The northerners are vieing for Saraki who they see as more or less a northerner like themselves with little or no links with Tinubu. Tinubu on the other hand sees Saraki as becoming too powerful and politically relevant given his links to both the north, middle belt and southwest.

Tinubu being a very cunning and smart man knows the only 2 politically relevant offices to emerge come may 29 is that of the President and Senate President. As things stand now, the only thing Tinubu has is the ceremonial slot of VP currently occupied by his manservant puppet, Osinbanjo.

Tinubu no go gree oh

Love this Tinubu think he is smart.

Him eye go clear

You know. .....

1 Like

Re: APC, PDP Factions Form Alliance To Produce Senate President by Fadenitan(m): 11:39pm On Apr 25, 2015
The politics of 2019 has started,it all about calculation for who is in control of what and what,the 8th national assembly esp d senate is full of political gladitors from every section of d country and from what is on ground the tinubu influence can be challenge.The PDP has about 45 senators,dis is a good nurmber to fight with considering d different interest in APC,all what they needs is to have about 20 more senators from APC and one of d APC senators will become senate president,another d deputy,another senate leader,another majority leader and those from PDP shall be position for juice committee etc,in politic it is about interest and in Nigeria, our so politician are greed and selfish.Come june 4,there shall be many surprises for you.
Re: APC, PDP Factions Form Alliance To Produce Senate President by galadima77(m): 11:50pm On Apr 25, 2015
Pipsland78:
It would be the best thing for Nigeria's democracy if PDP is able to pull this off. We need a very very strong opposition to put pressure on the ruling party to deliver.

The short-sighted, bigoted and politically shallow folks in here (and in Nigeria) are not capable of seeing it from this angle though.

u sound like PDP cares if the masses receive what's best for them.... remind me again why they(pdp) we're voted out.
Re: APC, PDP Factions Form Alliance To Produce Senate President by Daplux4: 7:47am On Apr 26, 2015
[b][/b]
PPAngel:

The music is yet to start

Tinubu's only ace in this new arrangement is to control the house to check Buhari.

Once this new govt is sworn in, we will see strange faces close to Buhari and they won't be Tinubu's men but that of Buhari's from the core north.

Tinubu is hoping on Akume a fellow drunk. But Akume lacks the carriage and clouth and being a Benue and Christian I don't see how he can control the northern muslims who will be staunch and blind Buhari supporters. David Mark's military background and air of consensus gave him the much deserved support and authority from the Senate.

The northerners are vieing for Saraki who they see as more or less a northerner like themselves with little or no links with Tinubu. Tinubu on the other hand sees Saraki as becoming too powerful and politically relevant given his links to both the north, middle belt and southwest.

Tinubu being a very cunning and smart man knows the only 2 politically relevant offices to emerge come may 29 is that of the President and Senate President. As things stand now, the only thing Tinubu has is the ceremonial slot of VP currently occupied by his manservant puppet, Osinbanjo.

Tinubu no go gree oh
Re: APC, PDP Factions Form Alliance To Produce Senate President by mulattoclaro(m): 8:16am On Apr 26, 2015
chidiebere2020:
may tunder strike u
same to you and your father
Re: APC, PDP Factions Form Alliance To Produce Senate President by mulattoclaro(m): 8:20am On Apr 26, 2015
toyoutoyou:
Why can't u respect people from sad-West and let them have rest of mind a bit.Can't u see how sad they feel over the level of marginalisation at the political level?Pls let them be so as for them to be able to dream more about their Biafra God forsaken nation that will never come to existence.
see mumu. Who told you I'm from south west? I reject it. I'm from the South South and igbos are a pathetic bunch.
Re: APC, PDP Factions Form Alliance To Produce Senate President by toyoutoyou: 8:58am On Apr 26, 2015
Sorry bro.
mulattoclaro:
see mumu. Who told you I'm from south west? I reject it. I'm from the South South and igbos are a pathetic bunch.
Re: APC, PDP Factions Form Alliance To Produce Senate President by cowgirl9090: 11:16am On Apr 26, 2015
OK..the no1 citizen is a man the,no2 is a man,the senate president slot should be given to a woman.
Re: APC, PDP Factions Form Alliance To Produce Senate President by jamovogue: 12:21pm On Apr 26, 2015
Wie is bukola saraki..
Re: APC, PDP Factions Form Alliance To Produce Senate President by codedguy1(m): 12:48pm On Apr 26, 2015
PPAngel:

Tinubu no go gree oh

My exact feeling too. Once Buhari is sworn in all bets are off.

He must likely is willing to repair but will definitely may not be comfy with all this scheming jagaban is doing to plant his men in juicy places.

Buhari needs absolute power to function the way he wants to function (whether that would be a good thing or bad thing is left to be seen)

We are watching.
Re: APC, PDP Factions Form Alliance To Produce Senate President by PPAngel(f): 1:09pm On Apr 26, 2015
Buhari and Tinubu share only one trait and that is their quest for full control and power.

Remember, these two men held supreme power in their respective parties prior to the merger.

With Buhari now elected President, you can expect him to wrest more power from Tinubu in the Southwest.

This is why Tinubu is not comfortable with Fashola making Buhari's cabinet.

I foresee Buhari making in roads into the SW APC and picking his own men.

Before the end of this year Tinubu will leave the APC.
codedguy1:

My exact feeling too. Once Buhari is sworn in all bets are off.

He must likely is willing to repair but will definitely may not be comfy with all this scheming jagaban is doing to plant his men in juicy places.

Buhari needs absolute power to function the way he wants to function (whether that would be a good thing or bad thing is left to be seen)

We are watching.
Re: APC, PDP Factions Form Alliance To Produce Senate President by datone: 2:29pm On Apr 26, 2015
Once this new govt is sworn in, we will see strange faces close to Buhari and they won't be Tinubu's men but that of Buhari's from the core north
Re: APC, PDP Factions Form Alliance To Produce Senate President by TexasR: 3:04pm On Apr 26, 2015
faceURfront:

Seems understanding a few lines of text is a herculean task for you, so let me summarize the point you are most interested in.

Don't waste your time with people that are not prepared to reason or learn
Re: APC, PDP Factions Form Alliance To Produce Senate President by Trustworthiness: 5:46pm On Apr 26, 2015
Here is my prayer against the evil forces in this country called Nigeria:

"O Allah, we ask You to restrain them by their necks and we seek refuge in You from their evil."

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ambode Cancels Fashola's Last Minute Lekki Land Allocations / Worsening Economy: If You Have Shame, You Will Shut Up, FG Replies Ekweremadu / Funke Akindele Announced As PDP Lagos Deputy Governor Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.