Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,114 members, 7,849,480 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 10:22 PM

Gunmen Ask Benue APC Chieftain To Quit Politics Or Die - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunmen Ask Benue APC Chieftain To Quit Politics Or Die (547 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan : I Have Not Quit Politics Yet / BENUE: APC Youth Leader, 3 Others Killed In Fresh Fulani Herdsmen, Farmers Clash / Benue Apc Youth Leader Looses Right Hand(graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Ask Benue APC Chieftain To Quit Politics Or Die by BenueBlog(f): 6:33pm On Apr 25, 2015
Gunmen suspected to be political thugs attacked the home of a prominent politician and former Peoples Democratic Party’s stalwart who is now in the All Progressives Congress (APC), Chief John Ochoga on the eve of the just concluded governorship election in the country.

According to a reporter who visited the home of the politician at Chief Attah Ochoga Avenue, GRA, Otukpo, the attackers stormed the house at about 8pm on Friday, 10th April, firing bullets at the gate and leaving the premises shattered with bullet holes and a note pasted on the gate with the inscription “Chief Ochoga! Either retire yourself or we retire you. Stay away from Ado. Be warned!”

When contacted, Chief Ochoga, who just returned to the APC, a party he earlier helped to established in his local government of Ado rightly pointed accusing fingers in the direction of political opponents. He said the attack was part of the opponent’s strategy for winning Ado local government maximally.

The attack on my house by gunmen from what you see at the gate, they used very high caliber military weapon, they came in a Hilux in the night of 10th April. At that time my wife and I had already moved to Ado for the election. They thought the attack will deter me from my support for the APC. Once that happened, they thought they would have gotten Ado.

“Clearly, the attack was political and engineered by political opponents thinking that they would deter me” Ochoga said.

A security guard in one of the houses close to that of Ochoga who did not want to be named confirmed the attack describing it as one of the worse nights they have ever had in that area.

However, we gathered that the matter has since been reported to the police and investigation is currently ongoing.

http://benue.com.ng/gunmen-ask-benue-apc-chieftain-to-quit-politics-or-die/

Re: Gunmen Ask Benue APC Chieftain To Quit Politics Or Die by DaBullIT(m): 6:35pm On Apr 25, 2015
I smell PDP
Re: Gunmen Ask Benue APC Chieftain To Quit Politics Or Die by Ezenwammadu(m): 6:48pm On Apr 25, 2015
l smell APC
Re: Gunmen Ask Benue APC Chieftain To Quit Politics Or Die by DoubleFaith(m): 7:08pm On Apr 25, 2015
Keep smelling...God is watching

(1) (Reply)

Abia Governorship Poll: APGA Agent Questions Authenticity Of Obingwa Result / Ondo Govt Bans Ogogoro Production... / Ban On AIT: Stay Within Your Defined Area Of Responsibility- Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.