Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,277 members, 7,829,620 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing - Sports (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing (197344 Views)

Anthony Joshua Pictured With Floyd Mayweather And Crew / DOWNLOAD Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao FIGHT / See The $1m Emerald Belt For The Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao Boxing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (58) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by CHIMCO(m): 8:05pm On May 02, 2015
Please who knows the Nigerian time of the match.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by vooks: 8:09pm On May 02, 2015
CHIMCO:
Please who knows the Nigerian time of the match.

0200H
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Nobody: 8:13pm On May 02, 2015
whtz the Nigerian Time for the match pls?
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by 50calibre(m): 8:20pm On May 02, 2015
SirShymexx:

Media will always find a nonconfirmist to be a villain, especially if it can generate interests based on star-power. And Mayweather is a perfect fit for that "thug" narrative. You'd imagine that if a boxer, whose hand is a weapon - were to assault someone (especially a woman), there will be pictures of bruises and swollen faces. However, in this case - there's none, just verbal complaints. grin

Al Haymon the ghost can't die (joking lol). Al Haymon isn't that old - and he has a solid structure, so if Mayweather doesn't go nuts and leave that camp - he should be good. And apart from gambling and maybe spending lavishly on women, he doesn't get involve in too many vices unlike other people. He doesn't smoke, drink, or do drugs.

Lol @ Ali. Muhammed Ali wasn't a saint. Yes, he was a great fighter who talked big and backed it up, but he did so many bad things. He psychologically destroyed Joe Frazier forever by publicly making him look like an Uncle Tom. Ditto how he publicly embarrassed George Foreman. He dissed Malcolm X. Said so many crazy things etc.. The media never liked Ali back then - he just became a media darling after the Parkinson's disease. Yes, Ali broke barriers racially/culturally - but he wasn't a saint as well. And when you compare the two eras - you can't really blame Mayweather for his approach.

Mayweather moved out of his own comfort zone and weight class to Cotto in his comfort zone and normal weight class - Pacman fought him at catch-weight, all drained up. Peep the difference.

Floyd said all he did was restrain a woman who was acting out. I heard floyd makes any woman he's about to date sign a contract that whatever expensive gifts she receives will be returned to him when they break up so I don't know if he's really spending that much on women. Gambling is the only major vice I see him indulging in, the guy gambles like a mad man. He puts up Instagram pics of his winnings, showing huge stakes but he never shows the ones he loses and we all know, in gambling, you lose more than you win.

Of course! Ali was no saint, the sport doesn't need saints. Wladimir Klitschko is a saint and no one knows who he is. Ali was a character people loved to hate, he was witty, funny, entertaining & charismatic... I saw old footages of him in London damn! It was like beetles had just arrived whereas Mayweather went to a barber shop in Brixton and got humbled by a woman.

Frazier and Foreman were arch-enemies of Ali, he didn't have to be nice to guys who were trying to beat him up, he also berated Sony Liston. After receiving those dreadful left hooks from Frazier in their second fight, he owed the man no courtesy. grin

Really? Have you seen the faces of Pacquiao's opponents compared to floyd's. Ok we shall find out soon enough.

2 Likes

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by 50calibre(m): 8:23pm On May 02, 2015
SirShymexx:
Anyone who loves boxing should google this Nigerian nyggah: Ike Ibeabuchi.

After beating Chris Byrd and David Tua - he was destined to be the next big heavyweight boxer and would've been a hall of famer (that was how great he was), till women destroyed his life. He should still be in US prison right now.

They just wasted his talents - women done destroy too many people, I tell ya.

The guy suffered from mental illness prior to prison. I heard he has been deported back to Nigeria now..

It's sad how a woman destroyed his promising career.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by SirShymexx: 8:51pm On May 02, 2015
50calibre:

Floyd said all he did was restrain a woman who was acting out. I heard floyd makes any woman he's about to date sign a contract that whatever expensive gifts she receives will be returned to him when they break up so I don't know if he's really spending that much on women. Gambling is the only major vice I see him indulging in, the guy gambles like a mad man. He puts up Instagram pics of his winnings, showing huge stakes but he never shows the ones he loses and we all know, in gambling, you lose more than you win.

Of course! Ali was no saint, the sport doesn't need saints. Wladimir Klitschko is a saint and no one knows who he is. Ali was a character people loved to hate, he was witty, funny, entertaining & charismatic... I saw old footages of him in London damn! It was like beetles had just arrived whereas Mayweather went to a barber shop in Brixton and got humbled by a woman.

Frazier and Foreman were arch-enemies of Ali, he didn't have to be nice to guys who were trying to beat him up, he also berated Sony Liston. After receiving those dreadful left hooks from Frazier in their second fight, he owed the man no courtesy. grin

Really? Have you seen the faces of Pacquiao's opponents compared to floyd's. Ok we shall find out soon enough.

Lol. That's the crazy justice system whereby women can slap you but it's a crime to restrain them - yet we all want equality, with all genders treated as equals. Crazy world, I tell ya. Men just need to turn to "Jesus" when dealing with the Jezebels and daughters of Eve. grin

I don't think he makes them sign anything cos the last I checked, his ex. that eloped to Nelly, Ms. Jackson, is still running around with the ti.ts, batty, and lipo he paid for lol. How is he gonna get all 'em silicon back? - cray! But you might be right though. He has the money to gamble big. Michael Jordan is also a very big gambler, but that hasn't stopped his net worth from moving to over a billion. As long as he doesn't do it recklessly, he'd be alright.

Wladimir Klitschko is no saint. I think we all just look at these non-English speaking folks, including Pacman, as saints - just because they can't speak the language. And what folks will critique for in US for example, might be normal where they're from. And the press where they're from isn't as crazy as the one in the US.

Sony Liston was involved in mob-syndicate and crime - so whatever Ali did to him was justified. No one liked him and mobs controlled all his fights. But what Ali did to Frazier and Foreman was unacceptable, if you look back in hindsight. They destroyed their blackness, hence both will never forgive him. Read about him and Malcolm X here: http://uproxx.com/smokingsection/2013/07/muhammad-ali-malcolm-x-fallout/ . Regardless, Ali had it all - he represented the supreme blackness of that era. Articulate, extremely intelligent, brash, pro-black to the core, brave etc.. Still the greatest IMO.

As boxing fans, especially those of us who grew up in the 90s, we just have to give Mayweather his props, man. Without him, the sweet science will be dead now. We had a prime Mike Tyson, Holyfield, and Lennox Lewis (the last great heavyweight) growing up in the heavyweight division. Then Pernell Whitaker, Felix Trinidad, Chavez, Oscar De La Hoya, Bernad Hopkins, Shane Mosley, Winky Wright, Forrest et al in the 90s and noughties. And since then, boxing lost its bite. Mayweather (with Pacman to an extent) saved the sport - and we ought to be grateful to that man.

Faces destroyed by being drained due to catch-weight and roid rage. Folks said the same about Alvarez's victims till Mayweather schooled him like an amateur. grin

3 Likes

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by SirShymexx: 8:56pm On May 02, 2015
50calibre:

The guy suffered from mental illness prior to prison. I heard he has been deported back to Nigeria now..

It's sad how a woman destroyed his promising career.

Based on what I've read from those around him - I think it had more to do with culture shock, than anything mental. Ol'boy just wanted exotic dancers to give him proper ero.tic dancing before paying them. He probably tried to force his way, by forcing them to dance, and got in trouble for it. It wasn't like he ra.ped them or anything.

Did he get deported? - cray. That was the Nigerian Mike Tyson with one of the fastest hands ever in heavyweight boxing and a chin as strong as stone. The president. I saw a documentary about him one time on HBO - wasted talent. He should've been an all time great.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Nobody: 8:57pm On May 02, 2015
One thing I love about boxing is the hype before the fight.

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by sniperwolf(m): 9:16pm On May 02, 2015
How can I stream this fight?
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by princejayboss: 9:33pm On May 02, 2015
chic2pimp:

As much as I love the NFL, i have to admit it's still mainly an American sport. Don't get me wrong though, the fan base in other countries are growing on a daily basis. The same can be said of the UFC. It's mostly loved by the hardcore fans in those regions. Any sport CAN have Hardcore loyalists, it's nothing new. I'd start to take it serious as a threat to the noble sport when it starts to command even a quarter of Boxing's audience.

Sure I quite agree with you on that.... But boxing is on decline in the US... Considering how long the klishko brothers have held the mantle

2 Likes

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by ElPhenomenal(m): 9:36pm On May 02, 2015
yes any1 with idea on how we can stream the match
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Nobody: 9:49pm On May 02, 2015
ElPhenomenal:
I would try hahasport.com
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by CHIMCO(m): 9:55pm On May 02, 2015
Where can one watch the match?
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Pstunna234: 10:00pm On May 02, 2015
what time is the match in nigeria please
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by tonididdy(m): 10:09pm On May 02, 2015
This is suicide
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by kristen12(f): 10:34pm On May 02, 2015
Pls what time is it and which stations are showing it?
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Realone92(m): 10:50pm On May 02, 2015
Checked Chris tickets damn see money

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by omonnakoda: 11:18pm On May 02, 2015
CHIMCO:
Where can one watch the match?
That is the Koko! Do you know the koko? What is the koko?
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by guyANDROID1: 11:19pm On May 02, 2015
THE TIME IS 5AM NIGERIA TIME COZ TWO OTHER FIGHT will be held before the big games i.e the two undercards fights.

Lomachenko v Gamalier Rodriguez, scheduled to start 2.15am UK time, 3.15am Nigerian time.

- Leo Santa Cruz v Jose Cayetano, scheduled to follow straight after Lomachenko v Rodriguez.

But let's expect 5:30am sha...

Beinsport, hbo, box nation, showtime usa(ppv) supersports (ppv) and of course almighty sky box office (ppv) are showing it.

Expect network buffering sha ooo.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by omonnakoda: 11:19pm On May 02, 2015
ElPhenomenal:
That is the koko ? Do you know the Koko? What is the Koko?
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by fscream(m): 11:30pm On May 02, 2015
Yasher:
48:0 loading.....

Pacman's best days are far gone.

But Mayweather should be thinking of Retirement cos he's not getting younger and his unbeaten record is under threat
How do u mean pac's days are gone? I disagree wit you. We shouldn't say May weather picks low profile boxers to fight with coz he's beaten lots of worthy opponents too. Speed is one of d most important skills in boxing or any martial art for that matter. Pacman is faster in my opinion. Should mayweather over-cautious traditional style checked hyperactive PAC, the match will be boring and degrade d hype,but pacman will not allow that.
There is high probabibilty of knockout in dis match. Pacman with shorter reach will definitely enter mayweather who has longer reach and fast punch wen he sees opening and this will make both of them vulnerable to strong knockout punch.it will now be person who quickly take d chance and more emotionally prepared.
Even though religion is usually excused in sport,I must say Pacquaio is religious and millions of Filipinos are praying for him## no wonder he dreamt seeing hand of God punching mayweather$
My alert is set for 2am..hand crossed
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by avrex3k(m): 11:43pm On May 02, 2015
if you wana stream the fight go thru this link Firstrow.eu TeamPacMan wink

2 Likes

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by 53cur3m0d3(m): 12:16am On May 03, 2015
Someone to end up with a battered face tonight for sure. *in thick igbo accent* My brother, E fit be U o! cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by mamayo99: 12:31am On May 03, 2015
oya...let's go
Latest Jobs in a Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) Supplier Company in Nigeria
Click here to apply >> http://pblc.is/tLRw
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by walex25(m): 12:31am On May 03, 2015
Goto stopstream.me to see the bout online

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by ronald4lif(m): 12:32am On May 03, 2015
Nothing in this world will make me miss this battle. I'm so so anticipating.

3 Likes

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Helkayklassic(m): 12:35am On May 03, 2015
#TeamPacman

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by kajoula(m): 12:35am On May 03, 2015
sniperwolf:
How can I stream this fight?

Check here :// stopstream .me

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by nonso84(m): 12:36am On May 03, 2015
Una no go sleep
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by starlingbawa(m): 12:36am On May 03, 2015
Patiently waiting!!!

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (58) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 / Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time / Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Quarter Final (2 - 1) Full Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.