Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,529 members, 7,812,646 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:50 PM

Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing - Sports (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing (196754 Views)

Anthony Joshua Pictured With Floyd Mayweather And Crew / DOWNLOAD Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao FIGHT / See The $1m Emerald Belt For The Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao Boxing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (58) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by freshcvv(m): 2:21pm On May 02, 2015
Truth234:

Lol..You are funny, Manny drew Marquez in 2004, lost to him in the 4th encounter. I am just responding to you for fun, you don't know boxing

Lolz..what is this one saying na? He drew in 2004? You are writing your own history? Gosh guy you funny die.. He was beaten in 2004 and lost other fights before 2004 ..

Bro find another excuse for mouth weather
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by nosike3(m): 2:22pm On May 02, 2015
Nihilist:
I'm a huge pac fan and tried to model my ring movement on him back when I used to train.

Even bought the same hogs as Manny wore against Miguel Cotto. But in this matchup I'm voting by skin..

The Money Team all day
your diary is the truth!!! Fuvk it!! Keep me fixed for an hour! grin a feat even sex couldn't accomplish! cry

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Truth234(m): 2:22pm On May 02, 2015
Ralphlauren:

I'm glad you still see some "potential" in Khan unlike Sirshymexx grin grin

With the talk of Mayweather retiring after this match with Pac, I doubt if he will fight Khan.

However, if money is thrown around, anything can happen. A fight with Khan will surely bring in more $$$ and sponsors compared to Pac.

I agree that Floyd is fast and Khan has taken a few shots in his career but with the right training regime and focus, he can secure a win against Floyd.

I think the fight will happen, the money on that fight is next to this MayPac. I don't think Money want to retire without such money and to be honest after this fight, Amir Kahn is the next for Floyd and I think Amir Kahn has earned it.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by purplekayc(m): 2:27pm On May 02, 2015
These dudes gonna make $300 in just one day cheesy

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by SirShymexx: 2:27pm On May 02, 2015
Ralphlauren:

I give up!!! angry angry angry grin grin angry

I guess your money is on Mayweather to beat Pac. Right?

It will be good to see an upset though. You know a little blemish in Mayweather's unbeaten run grin grin

That would be epic boxing history grin

You guessed right, big bruddah.

Never bet against the Champ, especially the first ballot hall of famer, who honed and perfected the sweet science of boxing. Gave it life and pimped it to become the richest boxer ever, in an era when the heavyweight division is dead (hopefully young Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua, the naija don will revive it).

If you love boxing, you'll want Mayweather to retire without any blemish. Boxing has never seen anyone like him. The took Pernell Whitaker's defensive genius to the next level. Perfected Toney's counter-punching. And with the ring genius and intelligence of Muhammed Ali. Thank God he fought in my generation cos of the dearth of great boxers. Ali and Sugar Ray Robinson are still the greatest though. grin
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Nihilist: 2:28pm On May 02, 2015
Truth234:

Maidana is another great fighter but usually poor fight approach, he should have won against Kahn had it been he was relentless like he is now. Look at what he did to Victor Ortis and Broner. If Kahn face him now, Maidana will most likely put him to sleep

I really rated Khan when I first saw him at Manchester 2002 Commonwealth games. He was lightning quick then, and he's even quicker now.

On his day, he puts on a clinic in the ring. He controls the ring very well, and knows how to use the angles. He's so confident in his skin, that he's sometimes happy to surrender the centre, and destroy his opponent from the outside(Zab Judah 2011).

His major problems are over-confidence(He's good...but not as good as he thinks) and most importantly....THAT GLASS JAW.

That lack of chin means that he'll never be considered a great. Which is rather unfortunate...cos he has almost everything else in his locker
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by purplekayc(m): 2:28pm On May 02, 2015
Wat tym is d fight plz?
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Truth234(m): 2:29pm On May 02, 2015
chic2pimp:

No mind am. Dude knows next to nothing about boxing but still insists on calling out folks with superior knowledge on the noble sport.

If manny keeps close and tight to Prettyboy all through the fight, If He can maintain the same level of intensity all through the rounds, He has an absolutely massive chance(Make it a brawler's contest rather than a Boxers). If not It's May. People tend to forget Mayweather in addition to being one of the most supremely gifted BOXER of all time is also one of the hardest worker in the history of Sport(Yes u heard that right. Not boxing o SPORT

I no even reply am again. One thing I am sure of is it is going to be a great fight.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by michelism(m): 2:30pm On May 02, 2015
What time is the match in local time, Nigeria? And I need a good streaming link for this bout. Anyone pls?
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by 50calibre(m): 2:31pm On May 02, 2015
SirShymexx:

Do you actually believe Pacman, even at his peak when he was juiced up, on steroids, can beat Floyd Mayweather? grin

Mayweather has the size advantage, the ring presence, the supreme boxing IQ (arguably the most intelligent boxer ever - he's a scientist and he adapts in the ring), the longer reach, the better counter-puncher, a defensive juggernaut (the greatest defensive boxer ever), and he has too many ways to win.

Pacman;s advantage: he's a Southpaw, punches harder from different angles, and he has heart. Mayweather will knock his ar.se out like Marquez did - the fight won't even go the distance, trust me. grin

A lot of people including myself thought the same but there's no proof of that though. Mayweather camp was unable to provide any evidence of doping when pacqiao dragged him court.

The Pacquiao of 2009/2010 had to be terrifying to any boxer, he was a freak who overwhelmed his opponents with so many punches they couldn't see. Mayweather is a smart business man, he avoids taking unnecessary risks. As supremely intelligent and defensive as he is, facing Pacquiao back then was an unnecessary risk hence he ducked him all these years by setting unrealistic pre-fight conditions.

Floyd had no choice but to take this fight. His numerous pre-fight conditions were met, he wants to retire without having the Pacquiao question hanging over his head, and Pacquiao is obviously not the same fighter he was 5 years ago....... So it's perfect timing for floyd.

Most people are backing floyd to win and rightfully so, the guy is a ring general however the will of Pacquiao shouldn't be underestimated, he's wanted this fight for years and don't be surprised if we see a resurrection of the old Pacquiao.

Its hard to predict the outcome of this fight, anything could happen but floyd is no knockout artist, he doesn't have the punching power like Marquez & Pacquiao, so in my opinion I don't see floyd winning by KO.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by roymary: 2:31pm On May 02, 2015
Tonight we make history!!! Pacman all the way!!! The Peoples Champion. Go get it Manny!!! Lets get ready to Rumble!!! If you know what Pacquiao is made of in skills- you will understand why Floyd will be dethroned tonight!!!

Lets go to work Manny!!!

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by SirShymexx: 2:31pm On May 02, 2015
Truth234:

I think the fight will happen, the money on that fight is next to this MayPac. I don't think Money want to retire without such money and to be honest after this fight, Amir Kahn is the next for Floyd and I think Amir Kahn has earned it.

Earned for pay check and because they are both managed by Al Haymon the ghost.

On pure boxing talent - Khan definitely doesn't deserve it.

I actually thought he was going to retire after Garcia knocked him out cos if Roach couldn't fix his glass jaw, I thought no one would be able to. But I must admit, Virgil Hunter has done a great job thus far to revive his career...but Khan is just there, nothing special.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by chic2pimp(m): 2:33pm On May 02, 2015
Truth234:

I no even reply am again. One thing I am sure of is it is going to be a great fight.

Definitely Bro........ Too close to call. I was pretty much sitting on the fence with regards to who i'd like to win. But been leaning towards Prettyboy recently because most apart from a couple want him to get knocked out.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Nihilist: 2:35pm On May 02, 2015
chic2pimp:

No mind am. Dude knows next to nothing about boxing but still insists on calling out folks with superior knowledge on the noble sport.

If manny keeps close and tight to Prettyboy all through the fight, If He can maintain the same level of intensity all through the rounds, He has an absolutely massive chance(Make it a brawler's contest rather than a Boxers). If not It's May. People tend to forget Mayweather in addition to being one of the most supremely gifted BOXER of all time is also one of the hardest worker in the history of Sport(Yes u heard that right. Not boxing o SPORT

Money MOST DEFINITELY doesn't want to trade with Pac. We already know that Pac is going to coming swinging, cutting the lanes, and trying to get in. Floyd senior is ready for this and announced that Money is going to try and end it early.My money is on Counter punch KO in the 4th,5th or 6th.

I dey go barb my hair and collect my suit.

Man is watching this one suited and booted. no time
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Forwetinnah: 2:35pm On May 02, 2015
Team underdog. .team Pacman!!
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by roymary: 2:36pm On May 02, 2015
SirShymexx:

I actually thought he was going to retire after Garcia knocked him out cos if Roach couldn't fix his glass jaw, I thought no one would be able to. But I must admit, Virgil Hunter has done a great job thus far to revive his career...but Khan is just there, nothing special.

SMH ! Did you just say Khan does not deserve it? If your view was right- Floyd would have fought Khan long ago- Khan will generate a huge PPV in the UK.
Khan has only one flaw- The glass/weak chin. His hand speed is outta this planet- When Floyd gets exposed tonight- he will finally fight Khan cos we at PacWorld won't give him a rematch.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Wasquad(m): 2:38pm On May 02, 2015
Team Pacman!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by delphia(m): 2:38pm On May 02, 2015
Pacquiao all the way
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Truth234(m): 2:39pm On May 02, 2015
Nihilist:

I really rated Khan when I first saw him at Manchester 2002 Commonwealth games. He was lightning quick then, and he's even quicker now.

On his day, he puts on a clinic in the ring. He controls the ring very well, and knows how to use the angles. He's so confident in his skin, that he's sometimes happy to surrender the centre, and destroy his opponent from the outside(Zab Judah 2011).

His major problems are over-confidence(He's good...but not as good as he thinks) and most importantly....THAT GLASS JAW.

That lack of chin means that he'll never be considered a great. Which is rather unfortunate...cos he has almost everything else in his locker

The weak chin is his problem but Kahn has power too look at his body shot that dropped Maidana in the very first round. He is even better now and he deserve that Mayweather fighter, though I agree his not on the same level with Mayweather and Pacquiao but he is the third on P4P list. Rio is not even in top 10 yet he got a shot against Manny. I think the fight will happen.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Nihilist: 2:40pm On May 02, 2015
No bigger bank for Floyd than Pacman. If Floyd loses today, a rubber is all but guaranteed
If the fight is close, a rubber is practically guaranteed.

Amir Khan cannot bring the PPV sales that Pac can bring. Only Harcdcore fans know who Amir is outside the UK

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by roymary: 2:41pm On May 02, 2015
chic2pimp:

Definitely Bro........ Too close to call. I was pretty much sitting on the fence with regards to who i'd like to win. But been leaning towards Prettyboy recently because most apart from a couple want him to get knocked out.

Styles makes fight- A southpaw boxer is a huge problem and when you have a boxer like Pacman with unimaginable punching angles and awesome footwork with devastating left hook- you are in for a hell of a night. WHen PAcman got knocked out by Marquez, Manny was winning that damn fight- he got too reckless and was caught. Every boxer has a bad day and i guess that was his- Tonight Floyd will kiss the canvass- he couldn't handpick Manny.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Nihilist: 2:42pm On May 02, 2015
Truth234:

The weak chin is his problem but Kahn has power too look at his body shot that dropped Maidana in the very first round. He is even better now and he deserve that Mayweather fighter, though I agree his not on the same level with Mayweather and Pacquiao but he is the third on P4P list. Rio is not even in top 10 yet he got a shot against Manny. I think the fight will happen.

Money has just one fight left on his Showtime contract after this...and I suspect it's going to be a rematch...or he retires.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by SirShymexx: 2:43pm On May 02, 2015
50calibre:

A lot of people including myself thought the same but there's no proof of that though. Mayweather camp was unable to provide any evidence of doping when pacqiao dragged him court.

The Pacquiao of 2009/2010 had to be terrifying to any boxer, he was a freak who overwhelmed his opponents with so many punches they couldn't see. Mayweather is a smart business man, he avoids taking unnecessary risks. As supremely intelligent and defensive as he is, facing Pacquiao back then was an unnecessary risk hence he ducked him all these years by setting unrealistic pre-fight conditions.

Floyd had no choice but to take this fight. His numerous pre-fight conditions were met, he wants to retire without having the Pacquiao question hanging over his head, and Pacquiao is obviously not the same fighter he was 5 years ago....... So it's perfect timing for floyd.

Most people are backing floyd to win and rightfully so, the guy is a ring general however the will of Pacquiao shouldn't be underestimated, he's wanted this fight for years and don't be surprised if we see a resurrection of the old Pacquiao.

Its hard to predict the outcome of this fight, anything could happen but floyd is no knockout artist, he doesn't have the punching power like Marquez & Pacquiao, so in my opinion I don't see floyd winning by KO.

Pacman was juicing up back then cos it's difficult to move up in weight (to different weight classes) and still retain the same power. Hence he gave excuses about not liking needles. Since his conditioner left him, how many people has he knocked out? And he looks more vulnerable than ever.

It's actually perfect timing for both. Mayweather needs the fight to cement his legacy and add a few hundreds of millions to his almost $300 million net worth, and he's going to retire in September, after his last fight. Pacman is broke - he owes Uncle Sam $75 million, so he needs the money.

The old Pacman is gone - it left him after he stopped juicing up and Marquez knocked him out cold. He shouldn't get too aggressive, else, he'll be knocked out cold again. I don't even think the fight will be as close as most think, trust me.

This is Pacman:

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Truth234(m): 2:46pm On May 02, 2015
SirShymexx:

But can you compare Kahn to Maidana, Victor Ortis, Rio, Algier, Broner etc he is better than them and yet they got their fat pay check against Manny and Floyd. People just like to disrespect him, Rio and Algier were not proven by A list fighters when they got their shots. Abeg make una let Kahn earn this fat paycheck before him retire o.

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Truth234(m): 2:47pm On May 02, 2015
Nihilist:

Money has just one fight left on his Showtime contract after this...and I suspect it's going to be a rematch...or he retires.

That fight is Kahn if there is no rematch

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by SirShymexx: 2:48pm On May 02, 2015
roymary:

SMH ! Did you just say Khan does not deserve it? If your view was right- Floyd would have fought Khan long ago- Khan will generate a huge PPV in the UK.
Khan has only one flaw- The glass/weak chin. His hand speed is outta this planet- When Floyd gets exposed tonight- he will finally fight Khan cos we at PacWorld won't give him a rematch.

I alluded to the UK, but outside the UK, how many people want to see Khan? And I don't think Mayweather wants to fight in London - so they can rob him like they did Andre Dirrell. grin

Hand speed, especially, when you slap with the forehand most times is nothing. That's what a counter-puncher like Mayweather wants - perfect meal to feast one. And with the glass jaw - just one punch should take him out. grin

I don't rate Amir Khan - he talks too much, man.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Bsc(m): 2:50pm On May 02, 2015
Abeg which time e be for local Nigerian time....
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Nihilist: 2:50pm On May 02, 2015
roymary:

Styles makes fight- A southpaw boxer is a huge problem and when you have a boxer like Pacman with unimaginable punching angles and awesome footwork with devastating left hook- you are in for a hell of a night. WHen PAcman got knocked out by Marquez, Manny was winning that damn fight- he got too reckless and was caught. Every boxer has a bad day and i guess that was his- Tonight Floyd will kiss the canvass- he couldn't handpick Manny.

Southpaws are also very open to jabs, as it comes on the opposite side of their leading hand. Aggressive southpaws also have to watch out for walking in to a straight, as they lean in for a power punch with their left .

Agreed, the southpaw stance can be unnerving to an opponent who is not used to it,but there are also some serious gaps open for the taking to an experiencied fighter

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Nobody: 2:51pm On May 02, 2015
This fight is not going to be predictable.I think Floyd is scared of Manny.He was giving unreasonable demands up until this point.He agreed to the fight up until this point.He choosed everything in his favour,he has the money,backing of the cabal and almost everything in the bag;but ! Manny is hungry,we all know what a hungry Manny is capable of.The only fear I have for Manny is that he's on the decline.He's not had a decent fight since Miguel.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by SirShymexx: 2:52pm On May 02, 2015
Truth234:

But can you compare Kahn to Maidana, Victor Ortis, Rio, Algier, Broner etc he is better than them and yet they got their fat pay check against Manny and Floyd. People just like to disrespect him, Rio and Algier were not proven by A list fighters when they got their shots. Abeg make una let Kahn earn this fat paycheck before him retire o.

Broner has never been in the ring with neither Manny nor Flyod.

Today's Maidana should knock Amir Khan out - even the raw Maidana he fought back then rocked him a few times and would've knocked him out, if not for the ref. Mayweather fought Maidana cos he earned it by beating Broner. Victor Ortis earned it by fighting like a warrior and defeating undefeated Andre Berto (back then).

As for the rest, they were poor fighters handpicked for Manny. Perhaps, he needs to fight Manny. He's qualified grin
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by NiRfreak(m): 2:59pm On May 02, 2015
weselomo:
"A turtle is only vulnerable when he sticks his head out - when he senses danger, he goes back into that shell. You can beat that shell up, but you're not hurting him. Pacquiaohas to trick Mayweather out of that shell, make him think he's there for the counter. When he's not - 'bang' - capitalise on his mistake.
where is the reference?.else its plagiarism. am sure u understand wot i mean
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Nobody: 3:02pm On May 02, 2015
50calibre:
A week from today, the eyes of the world will be on the MGN Grand in Las Vegas as unarguably the most anticipated fight of this Century since Tyson V Lewis finally comes to fruition. This is set to be the richest fight in boxing history, generating a whooping $300 million but much like Tyson-Lewis, this is a long over-due fight 5/6 years in the making. So the pertinent questions here are; will it live up to its hype? And what are we to expect come May 2nd.

Both fighters are very different in style, Floyd is a defensive counter-puncher who's perfected the art of hitting without getting hit, while Pacquiao is a tenacious power puncher & more of risk taker who throws himself right into the mix. However the one thing both fighters have in common is speed.

Floyd Mayweather steps into the ring with a slight height & reach advantage as well as an unbeaten record (which may also be a burden) while Pacquiao will for once relish the underdog status, thus lifting the weight of expectations off his shoulders.

In my opinion, this fight could go either way, it's going to come down to which fighter shows up in better shape physically, psychologically and emotionally coupled with how well each fighter is able to deploy the most effective weapon in his arsenal. For Floyd, his elusiveness and for Pacquiao, his power.

Most pugilist fans like myself hope for an explosive fight ending in a knockout and it's up to Pacquiao the more sensational fighter to make that happen. If Floyd is able to stop Pacquiao from getting inside and unleashing his vicious combinations, then we are in for a boring 12 rounds of Mayweather over-cautiousness, with the scorecards deciding the winner and we all know Pacquiao will never win a decision over Mayweather in Vegas.

My heart is with Pacquiao as I always root for the underdog but my head tells me Mayweather. I'm contemplating wagering on Pacquiao but how do you wager against a man who's never lost? Which ever way it goes, only one man will make the transition from Champion to Legend.

I created this thread so that fight fans on this forum (I hope they're still here) can have their say. Lets hear your per-fight analysis and predictions, are we going to witness an upset? If you had to, on whom are you going to wager & why?

Seun & Mods please be kind enough to push this thread front page.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2EcPPc1f6M
i love ur style of writing, pls are u on facebook, can u reply my DM sir?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (58) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 / Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time / Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Quarter Final (2 - 1) Full Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.