Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,727 members, 7,827,644 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing (197266 Views)

Anthony Joshua Pictured With Floyd Mayweather And Crew / DOWNLOAD Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao FIGHT / See The $1m Emerald Belt For The Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao Boxing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (58) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Emeka71(m): 9:38am On May 01, 2015
Mayweather is more of a defensive boxer. He will definitely win the fight if they complete 12 rounds. Sure of that Floyd Mayweather will win Manny Pacquaio by points. Except otherwise for Manny Pacquaio to seek a knock-out Which will definitely be hard to get against Floyd Mayweather.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Truth234(m): 9:49am On May 01, 2015
Emeka71:
Mayweather is more of a defensive boxer. He will definitely win the fight if they complete 12 rounds. Sure of that Floyd Mayweather will win Manny Pacquaio by points. Except otherwise for Manny Pacquaio to seek a knock-out Which will definitely be hard to get against Floyd Mayweather.

His defense is mainly his shoulder roll and remember Manny is a Southpaw and throw punches from odds angle both of them have not faced a fighter like them, so it is just hard to tell. The two fighters that gave Manny tough time are Bradley and Marquez, they are aggressive fighters like Manny and throw many punches a round which clearly Mayweather doesn't do unless he is coming in with a total different strategy this time. It is just hard to tell.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by U2ice(m): 10:11am On May 01, 2015
I hope dis fight worth all the hype...

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by pamcode(m): 10:33am On May 01, 2015
hey guys what going on with samuel peters now, i have seen or read about him in ages. Well to me i trust pac to win.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by hakinze00(m): 12:05pm On May 01, 2015
Chai na 2mro oh! i gv it to Money man sha
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by knightsTempler: 12:25pm On May 01, 2015
smiley

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by condralbede(m): 3:34pm On May 01, 2015
What will b d Nigerian time meanwhile I believe mayweather will beat pacman.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by robosky02(m): 3:35pm On May 01, 2015
team money bag
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by chic2pimp(m): 4:28pm On May 01, 2015
BUTCHCASSIDY:
Much as I hate to say this I think Mayweather is taking this fight cos he is not facing the Manny of old. The cowardly Mayweather had to wait till he had lost some of his shine to finally agree on a bout.

So You think a prime Paq would have beaten a prime prettyboy?
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by toluxa1(m): 4:53pm On May 01, 2015
Please where can I watch this fight online oo
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Nobody: 5:13pm On May 01, 2015
chic2pimp:

Yes I do think so
Manny was super fast and had some incredible hooks.
now I feel he is distracted
Being a congressman dabbling in basketball

Sadly we will never know for sure and can only speculate
Feel if Mayweather wins thats the excuse Manny's fans are gonna give
lets see
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Nobody: 5:16pm On May 01, 2015
U2ice:
I hope dis fight worth all the hype...

Hope so too
Remember how we argued fought debated and spent all night to watch Lennox vs Tyson
sure didnt expect to see a one sided match
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Truth234(m): 5:20pm On May 01, 2015
chic2pimp:

He doesn't understand, Mayweather is 38 years old, Manny is 36. In fact the hype this fight is enjoying is because people actually thought Manny pose a great threat to Mayweather unbeaten record now. If it was five years ago, it won't be the same fight, Mayweather would easily win.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by freshcvv(m): 5:43pm On May 01, 2015
Truth234:

He doesn't understand, Mayweather is 38 years old, Manny is 36. In fact the hype this fight is enjoying is because people actually thought Manny pose a great threat to Mayweather unbeaten record now. If it was five years ago, it won't be the same fight, Mayweather would easily win.

Yet May weather kept running away from a fight all these while? If he was so sure of winning, why all the excuses he gave?
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by luvablesam(m): 5:44pm On May 01, 2015
Even the football world is talking about the Manny n Floyd fight...

I have to go for Mayweather. I think it could go the distance and be won on points. It will be a lot closer than people think, but Mayweather will be too sharp and too quick.”
Chris Smalling @ChrisSmalling
Manchester United & England defender

“Pacquiao wins the fight in a decision. The fight will be long and gruelling and this favours Pacquiao. Mayweather throws a lot of punches. But eventually stamina will be a factor and Pacquiao can take punches.”
Tony Meola @TMeola1
100-times-capped USA legend

“I think we are in for a steep battle in which I’d give Mayweather a very slight edge – 51 to 49 per cent. Why? Mayweather’s bigger and better tactically. He’s like the Mourinho of boxing! He keeps cool and stays focused on his goals. He’s undoubtedly a great fighter and he has a good chance of retiring undefeated. As for Pacquiao, he’ll certainly push forward, look for the knockout. He’s sharp, fast, has knockout power. However, I’d still make Mayweather the slight favourite.”
Artyom Dzyuba
Russia striker

“I'm going to back Money over Pacman as his unbeaten record speaks for itself! I expect Vegas to root for Money in a crazy atmosphere!”
Mikael Silvestre @IamMSilvestre
Former France and Manchester United defender

“I'm a massive fan of the Pac but I think Mayweather will take this one out.”
Tim Cahill @Tim_Cahill
Australia legend & scorer of one of the greatest goals in FIFA World Cup™ history

“I think Mayweather will win on decision. There will be no KO.”
Petr Cech @PetrCech
Chelsea & Czech Republic goalkeeper

"I'm rooting for Manny!"
Rafael da Silva @orafa2
Manchester United and Brazil wingback

“I have always been a Mayweather fan. I have followed his career, so I won't change now! It's going to be a tough fight but I fancy Mayweather to win. It will be very close, but Mayweather always comes out of a tight situation.”
Kalusha Bwalya @KalushaPBwalya
Zambia legend & 1988 African Footballer of the Year

“I have two Filipino girls who work with me, so I'm rooting for Pacquiao!”
Domenico Criscito @mimmo_criscito4
Italy defender

“I think it goes 12 rounds.”
Lukas Podolski @Podolski 10
Third most-capped Germany international in history

“Should be a great fight! While I'm not a big fan of flashy and self-promotion, I think Pacquiao will win on a decision.”
Brian McBride @BMcBride20
USA legend

“I’m going for Mayweather simply because he's never been beat and I don’t believe he’d have taken the fight if he didn't think he could win!”
Micah Richards @MicahRichards
Manchester City & England defender

“Without knowing the ins and outs of boxing, Mayweather on points. But I wish this was five years earlier!”
Brad Friedel @friedel_b
USA legend, Tottenham Hotspur goalkeeper & multiple record-setter in the Premier League

“Mayweather. He’s too quick and like him or love him, he's a winner.”
Stuart Holden @stuholden
USA midfielder

“Pacquiao is going to win by KO.”
Fredy Montero @goleador17
Colombia & Sporting forward

“I think it will be win for Mayweather on points, but I want Manny to win. I love what he represents as a human being.”
Robert Earnshaw @RobertEarnshaw
Former Wales striker

“I’m a big fan of Mayweather, but this one will be difficult. However, we’re rooting for Floyd.”
Andreas Pereira @andrinhopereira
Brazil & Manchester United prospect

“I'm going Mayweather. He is The Money Team. He has never lost. I don't see it happening now. Pacquiao may have had a chance ten years ago.”
Cobi Jones @cobijones
USA’s most-capped player
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Nihilist: 5:56pm On May 01, 2015
You have to feel bad for Amir Khan. After spending the last 2 years chasing a fight with Money, this Pac bout comes along.

As standard, this is probably the first of 2 or three bouts, especially if this fight is close.

From a financial stand point, the only way for money to make serious bank after this is a rubber with Pacman.

Amir must be crying in Bolton right now grin
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Truth234(m): 6:15pm On May 01, 2015
freshcvv:

Yet May weather kept running away from a fight all these while? If he was so sure of winning, why all the excuses he gave?

That is what you don't understand about this sport called Boxing, Manny had drug test issues in the past and it would be unwise for Mayweather to risk his unbeaten record against such person. Since other boxers have started demanding Olympic standard test when they face Manny, he has not KO anyone since 2008. He was the one KO by Marquez and when he finally agreed to test and all terms, didn't the fight happen?
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by gudluckgreat(m): 6:22pm On May 01, 2015
50calibre:
A week from today, the eyes of the world will be on the MGN Grand in Las Vegas as unarguably the most anticipated fight of this Century since Tyson V Lewis finally comes to fruition. This is set to be the richest fight in boxing history, generating a whooping $300 million but much like Tyson-Lewis, this is a long over-due fight 5/6 years in the making. So the pertinent questions here are; will it live up to its hype? And what are we to expect come May 2nd.

Both fighters are very different in style, Floyd is a defensive counter-puncher who's perfected the art of hitting without getting hit, while Pacquiao is a tenacious power puncher & more of risk taker who throws himself right into the mix. However the one thing both fighters have in common is speed.

Floyd Mayweather steps into the ring with a slight height & reach advantage as well as an unbeaten record (which may also be a burden) while Pacquiao will for once relish the underdog status, thus lifting the weight of expectations off his shoulders.

In my opinion, this fight could go either way, it's going to come down to which fighter shows up in better shape physically, psychologically and emotionally coupled with how well each fighter is able to deploy the most effective weapon in his arsenal. For Floyd, his elusiveness and for Pacquiao, his power.

Most pugilist fans like myself hope for an explosive fight ending in a knockout and it's up to Pacquiao the more sensational fighter to make that happen. If Floyd is able to stop Pacquiao from getting inside and unleashing his vicious combinations, then we are in for a boring 12 rounds of Mayweather over-cautiousness, with the scorecards deciding the winner and we all know Pacquiao will never win a decision over Mayweather in Vegas.

My heart is with Pacquiao as I always root for the underdog but my head tells me Mayweather. I'm contemplating wagering on Pacquiao but how do you wager against a man who's never lost? Which ever way it goes, only one man will make the transition from Champion to Legend.

I created this thread so that fight fans on this forum (I hope they're still here) can have their say. Lets hear your per-fight analysis and predictions, are we going to witness an upset? If you had to, on whom are you going to wager & why?

Seun & Mods please be kind enough to push this thread front page.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2EcPPc1f6M

hmmm Oga U No even Put time(nigerian time) for dey show. Abeg try tell Us so that we Go know
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by freshcvv(m): 6:27pm On May 01, 2015
Truth234:

That is what you don't understand about this sport called Boxing, Manny had drug test issues in the past and it would be unwise for Mayweather to risk his unbeaten record against such person. Since other boxers have started demanding Olympic standard test when they face Manny, he has not KO anyone since 2008. He was the one KO by Marquez and when he finally agreed to test and all terms, didn't the fight happen?

Please kindly indicate the so called drug issue and how long that was..links..
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Nobody: 6:30pm On May 01, 2015
Truth234:

thats a fvcking lie they met all his demands he just kept dodging it.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Truth234(m): 6:35pm On May 01, 2015
BUTCHCASSIDY:

thats a fvcking lie they met all his demands he just kept dodging it.

Lol..You comment tells a lot about you.

And many are pointing to Manny Pacquiao's refusal to submit to random blood testing up to 14 days out from the fight as the primary reason. The most Pacquiao was willing to agree to was a random blood test up to 24 days out.

"Oh, surely, that means Manny has something to hide!" the blamers say.

No, it doesn't. It doesn't prove anything.

Take a step back and think about the situation. Logically.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/323368-why-pacquiaos-refusal-to-drug-testing-doesnt-prove-anything
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Truth234(m): 6:41pm On May 01, 2015
freshcvv:

Please kindly indicate the so called drug issue and how long that was..links..

Here is a video where Manny coach, Freddie Roach admits it was Pacquiao's fault the mayweather fight never happened up until now and also he said fighters don't run from other fighters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUs8yAS_qTs
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Abyolah: 7:36pm On May 01, 2015
I have the characters of this two great fighters: humble and always defensive n ma defensive instinct tells me Floyd is winning bt trustme this fight will go down to the drain and 'be pretty close. I put my stake on Mr money !
50calibre:
A week from today, the eyes of the world will be on the MGN Grand in Las Vegas as unarguably the most anticipated fight of this Century since Tyson V Lewis finally comes to fruition. This is set to be the richest fight in boxing history, generating a whooping $300 million but much like Tyson-Lewis, this is a long over-due fight 5/6 years in the making. So the pertinent questions here are; will it live up to its hype? And what are we to expect come May 2nd.

Both fighters are very different in style, Floyd is a defensive counter-puncher who's perfected the art of hitting without getting hit, while Pacquiao is a tenacious power puncher & more of risk taker who throws himself right into the mix. However the one thing both fighters have in common is speed.

Floyd Mayweather steps into the ring with a slight height & reach advantage as well as an unbeaten record (which may also be a burden) while Pacquiao will for once relish the underdog status, thus lifting the weight of expectations off his shoulders.

In my opinion, this fight could go either way, it's going to come down to which fighter shows up in better shape physically, psychologically and emotionally coupled with how well each fighter is able to deploy the most effective weapon in his arsenal. For Floyd, his elusiveness and for Pacquiao, his power.

Most pugilist fans like myself hope for an explosive fight ending in a knockout and it's up to Pacquiao the more sensational fighter to make that happen. If Floyd is able to stop Pacquiao from getting inside and unleashing his vicious combinations, then we are in for a boring 12 rounds of Mayweather over-cautiousness, with the scorecards deciding the winner and we all know Pacquiao will never win a decision over Mayweather in Vegas.

My heart is with Pacquiao as I always root for the underdog but my head tells me Mayweather. I'm contemplating wagering on Pacquiao but how do you wager against a man who's never lost? Which ever way it goes, only one man will make the transition from Champion to Legend.

I created this thread so that fight fans on this forum (I hope they're still here) can have their say. Lets hear your per-fight analysis and predictions, are we going to witness an upset? If you had to, on whom are you going to wager & why?

Seun & Mods please be kind enough to push this thread front page.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2EcPPc1f6M
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Nobody: 8:01pm On May 01, 2015
Mayweather hand picked all his previous fights! But not this one. Pac man is going home victorious!. I pitch my tent with the humble.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Nobody: 9:08pm On May 01, 2015
Pls what time is the match ibeg? Really need to know!!!
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by guyANDROID1: 9:57pm On May 01, 2015
Nihilist:

I got knocked out during an amateur fight.

3 rounds, only 150 pounds for the winner.

Woke up concussed and realised that I was risking my life for nothing.

About the fight, Manny is old and a politician and a basketballer.

Floyd can smell victory cos like like Anthony Joshua, he picks fights he can never lose.

Pac lost to Marquez and then got beat by Tim Bradley. Granted Pac came back strong in the rubber, but it already obvious that we're looking at a great in decline

Plus Kennny Bayless is the ref...That's like having two floyds in the ring. grin

@bolded, Manny is 36 Floyd is 38 so Floyd is the older here.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by dBard: 10:50pm On May 01, 2015
I personally think the age factor has affected them both fairly equally...but d Pac man seems to be going into this with more 'heart' ,and that may as well be wat it'll get down to.

wat time will the fight be showing

off topic..I really can't seem to find a proper boxing gym here in PH, anyone know of any
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by LockDown69(m): 11:02pm On May 01, 2015
What time is the fight?
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by 3kay945(m): 11:04pm On May 01, 2015
No one is talking about Time here. embarassed
I no wan carry this match o
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Nobody: 12:22am On May 02, 2015
I can't wait for this fight to be over, so that these stupid casual fans can go away.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by freshcvv(m): 12:24am On May 02, 2015
Truth234:

Here is a video where Manny coach, Freddie Roach admits it was Pacquiao's fault the mayweather fight never happened up until now and also he said fighters don't run from other fighters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUs8yAS_qTs

I thought you were going to show me where it was confirmed Manny used drugs.

The video says its his fault because he refuses to take up all the demands mouth weather put up..so he should just take up rubbish because he wants to fight mouth weather?
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by 50calibre(m): 12:45am On May 02, 2015
condralbede:
What will b d Nigerian time meanwhile I believe mayweather will beat pacman.

4am in the morning, Las Vegas is 8 hours behind.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (58) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 / Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time / Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Quarter Final (2 - 1) Full Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.