Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,394 members, 7,830,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing - Sports (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing (197386 Views)

Anthony Joshua Pictured With Floyd Mayweather And Crew / DOWNLOAD Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao FIGHT / See The $1m Emerald Belt For The Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao Boxing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (58) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by chic2pimp(m): 5:28pm On May 02, 2015
freshcvv:

Yes.. Got beaten in other previous fights too (not in this division though).

Goodness Gracious Me!. Are you trying to change the outcome of that bout of what? Or do the words "DRAW" and "LOST" sound similar to you?
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Caveatemptor(m): 5:32pm On May 02, 2015
This fight is five years late.
If this bout took place five years ago I would have confidently backed Manny to win but five years down the line the Pacman is slower,weaker and more venerable.
Floyd Mayweather on the other hand is unbeaten and I personally feel he is stronger and faster than he was five years ago.
In all honesty I want the Pacman to win this fight but my mind tells me Moneyman will take this quite easily on points. I just feel he will be too clever for Manny. Expecting an anti climax of a boxing bout. It will not be pretty with lots of clinches. Money man to take it on points...just.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by cao(f): 5:33pm On May 02, 2015
SirShymexx:
It seems I just saw the "cao" chic.

Come drop some jewel, and don't chat shiit this time.

It's always refreshing to see chics who like contact sports.
Wetin I do now? I don't follow sports like I used to, but I won't honestly mind watching this fight. Used to be a big wrestling fan, but haven't really watched any recently. Once in a while, I watch UFC - it seems purer, 2 guys one ring, no storyline, just a good old fashioned beat down.

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by chic2pimp(m): 5:35pm On May 02, 2015
SirShymexx:

He had no chance to begin with and even Amir Khan would've knocked him out.

You don't like Amir one bit do ya? grin..... I know He is Cocky and Brash but so was one of my fav boxers of all time the Sheffield knight himself Prince Naseem.

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Pstunna234: 5:42pm On May 02, 2015
can someone tell me the match time please
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by SirShymexx: 5:49pm On May 02, 2015
cao:

Wetin I do now? I don't follow sports like I used to, but I won't honestly mind watching this fight. Used to be a big wrestling fan, but haven't really watched any recently. Once in a while, I watch UFC - it seems purer, 2 guys one ring, no storyline, just a good old fashioned beat down.

Nothing - just saying you should come drop some jewel and take one for the female-team. Equality for all. tongue

UFC is decent, just old fashioned kick-boxing on steroids but I like the fact that women are active in the sport, especially the Iron Lady, Ronda Rousey. I watch it whenever I'm utter bored - but it can never be like the sweet and supreme science of boxing. grin Even despite all the publicity, and the fact that boxing is on a decline - it's yet to out-muscle boxing.

Lol. Wrestling used to be my thing as well - you just can't go wrong with WWE every Saturday morning. But I started losing interest after I saw the legendary flopper, the great Ric Flair, do this (lool):

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Nihilist: 5:51pm On May 02, 2015
chic2pimp:

You don't like Amir one bit do ya? grin..... I know He is Cocky and Brash but so was one of my fav boxers of all time the Sheffield knight himself Prince Naseem.

Prince Naseem!!!!!!!!
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by SirShymexx: 5:55pm On May 02, 2015
chic2pimp:

I don't dislike him - I just think he talks too much. Especially for a guy who gets knocked out by bums all the time. I actually thought he was a great prospect when he was coming up, till Prescott knocked him out. Gave him another shot - and Garcia knocked him out again. Then I became indifferent about the guy.

At least Prince Naseem was fun to watch and he was a warrior. He actually won a few big fights till Barrera, in his prime, came calling. He never recovered from that. grin
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by chic2pimp(m): 5:56pm On May 02, 2015
Nihilist:

Prince Naseem!!!!!!!!

Yesss bruda!. Loved him to bits. Till this day, I insist He was ill prepared for the barrera fight.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Nihilist: 6:00pm On May 02, 2015
chic2pimp:

Yesss bruda!. Loved him to bits. Till this day, I insist He was ill prepared for the barrera fight.

That guy is a legend in Steel City. I used to train at Bomber Harris's gym off Shoreham road just behind Bramall Lane...and he would come in from time to time.

I remember a story about him knocking out an opponent and rushing back to town to DJ at a gig.

Legend
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Sparkle777(f): 6:01pm On May 02, 2015
Interesting match. Pls will it be shown live on dstv,if yes wat bouquet? I ll love to watch. Tx.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by princejayboss: 6:11pm On May 02, 2015
Boxing is losing its flare to UFC... Cos of the likes of mayweather who claims to be undefeated ... If you follow boxing you will see that out of the 47 wins he had ... The real fight was just around 25real opponent while the rest are just joke. Mayweather Jr. Selects fight he must win and when he can't win he goes to 12round boring orthodoxy type of unnanimous decision win.

Manny paquao is a more sensational fighter who is not afraid of losing... Had real fights and throw in ponches at will.

REASONS WHY I THINK MAYWEATHER WILL WIN

1. His master of his hiding styles and it makes it difficult to beat him with is defensive approach.

2. Boxing is already dead and gone in the USA as it were in the past when they produce the best boxers at heavyweight division... The US will do all to make sure they remain relevant in the sports by making sure mayweather provided he can just hide till 12 rounds is over.

3. Betting companies will influence the fight with the odd high on mannyman than mayweather..

4. Connected African American community: With likes of 50cent gambling $1.6m, Piddy 1.2million, jazzy 1m, Rick Ross $1m, king James, Kobe Bryant and host of others who placed a bet

REASONS WHY MANNYMAN MAY WIN

1. If mayweather loses , the sports will make more more money because mayweather will ask for the rematch... Just as Evanda holyfield said " no man is undefeated in boxing because that's how the sport survives, I think mayweather will be defeated not just because of his poor boring fight buy because the sport need to make more money... Because a re match from mayweather will generate close to $600m... So its business as usual"

2. Mannyman is a sensational fighter with more will and not afraid to lose.

3. Legends in the boxing world thinks mannyman is a better fighter than mayweather..... According to mike Tyson he said " mayweather will be hit and hurt the way he never seen before because he is not a good fighter, he has never fought someone with movement , speed and sensational like mannyman... If his likes are in heavyweight division during my time ... I will knock him out in third round because I will go on dirty.. I will go for his ribs his shoulders before I kill him off.. He is a master of boring 12 round fight"

Finally I pray mannyman wins

4 Likes

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Nobody: 6:13pm On May 02, 2015
Stunner1:

Khan is still a learner jare

I watch wrestling too cheesy. all thanks to my bf

There'll def be a KO bt I'm scared for floyd cos manny is all hyped

Donjazzy bought tickets? I heard dey r sellin as much as $5000 in vegas
u can get a get-in ticket for 1500 but ego better make u 90 bucks watch TV cos the seat go far and na tv u go still for the venue
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by chic2pimp(m): 6:16pm On May 02, 2015
SirShymexx:

I don't dislike him - I just think he talks too much. Especially for a guy who gets knocked out by bums all the time. I actually thought he was a great prospect when he was coming up, till Prescott knocked him out. Gave him another shot - and Garcia knocked him out again. Then I became indifferent about the guy.

At least Prince Naseem was fun to watch and he was a warrior. He actually won a few big fights till Barrera, in his prime, came calling. He never recovered from that. grin

I understand how you feel man. He talks the talk but hardly ever backs it up. Still a decent fighter though. Not on the Floyd/Manny level but still good nonetheless. Methinks He should fight Kell Brook first.

He was ill prepared for that fight Bro. Heard his training camp leading up to that fight was nothing to write home about plus his army of entourage He had around were nothing short of a distraction.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by roymary: 6:20pm On May 02, 2015
Khan's worst decision was leaving Freddie Roach- He was not patient.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by cao(f): 6:21pm On May 02, 2015
SirShymexx:

Nothing - just saying you should come drop some jewel and take one for the female-team. Equality for all. tongue

UFC is decent, just old fashioned kick-boxing on steroids but I like the fact that women are active in the sport, especially the Iron Lady, Ronda Rousey. I watch it whenever I'm utter bored - but it can never be like the sweet and supreme science of boxing. grin Even despite all the publicity, and the fact that boxing is on a decline - it's yet to out-muscle boxing.

Lol. Wrestling used to be my thing as well - you just can't go wrong with WWE every Saturday morning. But I started losing interest after I saw the legendary flopper, the great Ric Flair, do this (lool):

For WWE, I grew older, discovered the stories were fake, then I no longer had access to them, so it just faded away.
Don't knock UFC though, I watched the UFC event that had Joanna Jędrzejczyk beat the s*** out of Carla Esparza - she broke that woman, practically stopped all Carla's grapples (except one), countered the woman's moves and then KO-ed her with one brutal punch. I honestly rewound that s*** back 'cause I was confused about why the match had ended. Carla went in with her light make-up and colourful hair, by the time it was time for the winner's announcement, ol' girl looked very different.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by chic2pimp(m): 6:22pm On May 02, 2015
Nihilist:

That guy is a legend in Steel City. I used to train at Bomber Harris's gym off Shoreham road just behind Bramall Lane...and he would come in from time to time.

I remember a story about him knocking out an opponent and rushing back to town to DJ at a gig.

Legend

Oh boy I don forget say u be Proper Sheffield Ol' boy grin. No surprises there Bro. What's there not to like about him? Brash,cocky,arrogant and backed it up with one sublime performance after another. Him and Roy Jones JR were my dons grin. You lucky sod. Did you get any pictures taken or did you have any memobrilia autographed? Chei why did I not know you back then o? angry grin

Yh that's the Ahmed I know. Absolute LEGEND mate
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by chic2pimp(m): 6:27pm On May 02, 2015
princejayboss:
Boxing is losing its flare to UFC... Cos of the likes of mayweather who claims to be undefeated

Yh Right. Apart from hardcore UFC fans, how many people can name two UFC fighters without the help of google?
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by roymary: 6:32pm On May 02, 2015
Manny wins this one!!! grin

He won't brawl recklessly (even though Floyd has no KO power). When Floyd sees Punches emerging from unimaginable angles- He will understand what time it is.

Wow!!! Lets do this Manny!!! grin

All hail Pacman- The Peoples Champion.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by princejayboss: 6:42pm On May 02, 2015
chic2pimp:

Yh Right. Apart from hardcore UFC fans, how many people can name two UFC fighters without the help of google?

Yes that is in Nigeria that people don't know just like the way we don't know nothing about NFL but people are crazy about this sports in north America, south America , Asia etc ....
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by SirShymexx: 6:50pm On May 02, 2015
chic2pimp:

I understand how you feel man. He talks the talk but hardly ever backs it up. Still a decent fighter though. Not on the Floyd/Manny level but still good nonetheless. Methinks He should fight Kell Brook first.

He was ill prepared for that fight Bro. Heard his training camp leading up to that fight was nothing to write home about plus his army of entourage He had around were nothing short of a distraction.

Lol. Just excuses, bruddah.

Great amateur boxer - but that glass jaw isn't made for professional boxing.

That's the same way Chisora always run his mouth, acting like some bad man - but every time it's time to put his money where his mouth is, he never lives up to the hype. Heck, even when they turned the press conference in which he had a fight with David Haye into street fight - his ar.se still got whooped, talking about he bottled him and how he's going to shoot David Haye. His bummy ar.se also got knocked out cold when the two got in the ring. grin

Khan needs to fight Kell Brook and see if he can fight Broner.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by chic2pimp(m): 6:51pm On May 02, 2015
princejayboss:

Yes that is in Nigeria that people don't know just like the way we don't know nothing about NFL but people are crazy about this sports in north America, south America , Asia etc ....

As much as I love the NFL, i have to admit it's still mainly an American sport. Don't get me wrong though, the fan base in other countries are growing on a daily basis. The same can be said of the UFC. It's mostly loved by the hardcore fans in those regions. Any sport CAN have Hardcore loyalists, it's nothing new. I'd start to take it serious as a threat to the noble sport when it starts to command even a quarter of Boxing's audience.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by SirShymexx: 6:56pm On May 02, 2015
cao:

For WWE, I grew older, discovered the stories were fake, then I no longer had access to them, so it just faded away.
Don't knock UFC though, I watched the UFC event that had Joanna Jędrzejczyk beat the s*** out of Carla Esparza - she broke that woman, practically stopped all Carla's grapples (except one), countered the woman's moves and then KO-ed her with one brutal punch. I honestly rewound that s*** back 'cause I was confused about why the match had ended. Carla went in with her light make-up and colourful hair, by the time it was time for the winner's announcement, ol' girl looked very different.

WWE broke loads of people's hearts. Thought it was real as well - but Ric Flair got me all confused and shiit. But still great, and part of childhood memories. The Rock used to be my guy (saw him in FF7 and he's still as crazy as ever - looking supremely dench lol).

Lol. Never heard those names - the only folks from UFC I know are: Kimbo Slice, Rampage, Anderson Silva, Dragon, and Jon Jones. Darn! I'm guessing you're tough as well...so I might have to shout you any time I need protection. grin
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by roymary: 7:07pm On May 02, 2015
^^^

Kimbo Slice- Dude was under UFC for few months.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by ozo13(m): 7:09pm On May 02, 2015
grin please live stream web address we can watch it.tanx
SirShymexx:

WWE broke loads of people's hearts. Thought it was real as well - but Ric Flair got me all confused and shiit. But still great, and part of childhood memories. The Rock used to be my guy (saw him in FF7 and he's still as crazy as ever - looking supremely dench lol).

Lol. Never heard those names - the only folks from UFC I know are: Kimbo Slice, Rampage, Anderson Silva, Dragon, and Jon Jones. Darn! I'm guessing you're tough as well...so I might have to shout you any time I need protection. grin
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by 50calibre(m): 7:10pm On May 02, 2015
SirShymexx:

I think the media just created this image of the guy as a bad guy, to play into a certain narrative cos he isn't a conformist. When you're from where he's from, where you have to work extremely hard for everything and earn things ya own way - without earning handing it to you - you'll overtime develop a chip on ya shoulder. And they don't like it. They want you to be a model citizen, but what they do realise is that: no everyone wants to be fake - some folks just feel more comfortable in their own skin, doing things their own way. And he has been extremely smart enough to turn the bad publicity into huge earnings - something they'll never give him credit for. Muhammed Ali had the same bad rap during his hay days - just look at how they all worship him. Anyway, the reason why I said I doubt he'll go broke is because he has Al Haymon the ghost on his team - and when you have got a genius like that around you, it'll be difficult to make dumb financial mistakes.

Exploring more business opportunities right now, when he has a big cash cow paying him tens of millions annually - and a legacy to protect - would be a distraction. He obviously would have a few other things he has invested in, but it will be unwise to go full throttle now, until after his retirement.

They don't do blood tests - they only do urine tests, hence Mayweather was adamant about blood testing before and after the fight. Pacman was juicing and he knows it, ditto every other boxer out there. Hence most of his fight back then were in-house - with boxers under Arum. They just rode that wave. Since then, he has been fighting bums. Great fighter but the roids also played a big role.

After Mayweather knocked Hatton out - he was never the same boxer again. He was shot and, went into deep depression as a cocaine fiend and alcoholic. Heck, he retired after that but had to come back to fight Manny for money, after rinsing almost everything on drugs. He had no chance to begin with and even Amir Khan would've knocked him out.

I tell ya! the guy is being cast as the villain which is actually having a very nice effect on his wallet as lots of people pay for the opportunity to see him lose which never happens. I don't really understand why there's so much fuss about his assault conviction, the guy has served his time, why cant they just let him be. The media has a way of unfairly persecuting male stars when it comes to issues relating to women, without actually giving the men the benefit of doubt.. i just don't get it.

What if Al-Haymon dies? The same thing happened to Tyson (Who by the way earned more than Floyd has earned so far) when his trainer and manager died, exposing him to wolves like Don King. Anyway i think the times have changed a lot, athletes are smarter these days.

Lol Im sure you'd agree with me that Floyd and Ali are not quite in the same league. Ali was an all-round champion, a man of the people, he was great in and out of the ring, he was a voice for black people and one of the first people to restore black pride however i cant say the same of Floyd, his greatness is confined to the ring, he hasn't really used done anything outside the ring. Even Pacquiao is seen as a national hero in the Philippines as a result of all the good work he's done to help the poor.

What about Miguel Cotto? Pacquiao had a better showing against him than Floyd did, he totally restructured his face whereas floyd couldnt even hurt him.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by SirShymexx: 7:14pm On May 02, 2015
roymary:
^^^

Kimbo Slice- Dude was under UFC for few months.

Like I said earlier: I'm not into UFC - I only watch it when I'm bored (mostly on Worldstar). So I wouldn't know much, apart from seeing his fights.

I don't even know how the officiating works. I just listed all the fighters I've seen a few times and are always out there on sport channels.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by airmark(m): 7:20pm On May 02, 2015
Pacman's new look for tonight's bout. Floyd should watchout, it's grit for grit. grin

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by SirShymexx: 7:28pm On May 02, 2015
50calibre:

I tell ya! the guy is being cast as the villain which is actually having a very nice effect on his wallet as lots of people pay for the opportunity to see him lose which never happens. I don't really understand why there's so much fuss about his assault conviction, the guy has served his time, why cant they just let him be. The media has a way of unfairly persecuting male stars when it comes to issues relating to women, without actually giving the men the benefit of doubt.. i just don't get it.

What if Al-Haymon dies? The same thing happened to Tyson (Who by the way earned more than Floyd has earned so far) when his trainer and manager died, exposing him to wolves like Don King. Anyway i think the times have changed a lot, athletes are smarter these days.

Lol Im sure you'd agree with me that Floyd and Ali are not quite in the same league. Ali was an all-round champion, a man of the people, he was great in and out of the ring, he was a voice for black people and one of the first people to restore black pride however i cant say the same of Floyd, his greatness is confined to the ring, he hasn't really used done anything outside the ring. Even Pacquiao is seen as a national hero in the Philippines as a result of all the good work he's done to help the poor.

What about Miguel Cotto? Pacquiao had a better showing against him than Floyd did, he totally restructured his face whereas floyd couldnt even hurt him.

Media will always find a nonconfirmist to be a villain, especially if it can generate interests based on star-power. And Mayweather is a perfect fit for that "thug" narrative. You'd imagine that if a boxer, whose hand is a weapon - were to assault someone (especially a woman), there will be pictures of bruises and swollen faces. However, in this case - there's none, just verbal complaints. grin

Al Haymon the ghost can't die (joking lol). Al Haymon isn't that old - and he has a solid structure, so if Mayweather doesn't go nuts and leave that camp - he should be good. And apart from gambling and maybe spending lavishly on women, he doesn't get involve in too many vices unlike other people. He doesn't smoke, drink, or do drugs.

Lol @ Ali. Muhammed Ali wasn't a saint. Yes, he was a great fighter who talked big and backed it up, but he did so many bad things. He psychologically destroyed Joe Frazier forever by publicly making him look like an Uncle Tom. Ditto how he publicly embarrassed George Foreman. He dissed Malcolm X. Said so many crazy things etc.. The media never liked Ali back then - he just became a media darling after the Parkinson's disease. Yes, Ali broke barriers racially/culturally - but he wasn't a saint as well. And when you compare the two eras - you can't really blame Mayweather for his approach.

Mayweather moved out of his own comfort zone and weight class to Cotto in his comfort zone and normal weight class - Pacman fought him at catch-weight, all drained up. Peep the difference.

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Olaone1: 7:41pm On May 02, 2015
I am going for skin: Floyd for me

Victory for Mr Money
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by rexibity(m): 7:42pm On May 02, 2015
its Floyd MONEY may Weather!!!
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by SirShymexx: 7:50pm On May 02, 2015
Anyone who loves boxing should google this Nigerian nyggah: Ike Ibeabuchi.

After beating Chris Byrd and David Tua - he was destined to be the next big heavyweight boxer and would've been a hall of famer (that was how great he was), till women destroyed his life. He should still be in US prison right now.

They just wasted his talents - women done destroy too many people, I tell ya.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (58) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 / Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time / Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Quarter Final (2 - 1) Full Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.