Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,426 members, 7,815,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

Ladies, How Would You Want To Be 'approached' On Social Media? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, How Would You Want To Be 'approached' On Social Media? (1501 Views)

Ladies, How Would You Want To Be Approached? / Never Been Approached By A Guy / At 28 No Man Has Ever Approached Me For Sex, A Lady Laments(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies, How Would You Want To Be 'approached' On Social Media? by godwin34: 11:11am On Apr 26, 2015
Good day Ladies in the House,
I have had some not-too-pleasant experiences with trying to relate with ladies on the social media, as they tend to be unnecessarily evasive and rude. Perharps their attitude is attributable to the fact that a lot of unserious guys have made it a habit to 'toast' every pretty lady they see on the social media, and will not give up even when their overtures are rebuffed by these ladies.
As a matter of fact, I could never pass for a stalker by any definition possible. I am the definition of a complete gentleman who many here would not want to believe exists. Without fear of sounding immodest, I am a sucess personified, but because of the nature of my occupation which limits my chances of socializing, and also, owing to the fact that I do not believe in match-making, I resolved to pick my life partner from the social media which I visit often. Unfortunately, some of the ladies i would have loved to approach tend to see me as just one ordinary folk who is out to stalk on them and maybe waste their time. And this is giving me cause for concern. So I want to ask, How do you prefer to be 'toasted' on the social media?
Let me quickly put a caveat here though, that many ladies who know me personally, or who have heard about me would part with their limbs to date me, and honestly, I have many female 'toasters'. So I am talking about the ladies I WOULD HAVE LOVED TO SHARE MY LIFE WITH.
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want To Be 'approached' On Social Media? by buygala(m): 11:15am On Apr 26, 2015
All dis grammar ontop pm?

Op, tell me... angry

WHO DID THIS TO YOU? angry angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies, How Would You Want To Be 'approached' On Social Media? by EbubeOnoh(m): 11:17am On Apr 26, 2015
Na like this. Helo dera how are you and how was your day/nite.
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want To Be 'approached' On Social Media? by EbubeOnoh(m): 11:17am On Apr 26, 2015
Na like this. Helo dear how are you and how was your day/nite.
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want To Be 'approached' On Social Media? by SleekyP(m): 11:21am On Apr 26, 2015
undecided

[size=30pt]Tiring[/size]
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want To Be 'approached' On Social Media? by EbubeOnoh(m): 11:21am On Apr 26, 2015
Na like this. Helo dear how are you and how was your day/nite. I hope you dream of me
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want To Be 'approached' On Social Media? by 2dice(m): 11:28am On Apr 26, 2015
buygala:
All dis grammar ontop pm?

Op, tell me... angry

WHO DID THIS TO YOU? angry angry
chaii buygala no let this food enter ma noise laa cheesy
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want To Be 'approached' On Social Media? by 2dice(m): 11:39am On Apr 26, 2015
Op most girl you see online have a boyfriend or more in reality..
My advice go out there mingle with the opposite gender more..online girls wont freak you anymore

1 Like

Re: Ladies, How Would You Want To Be 'approached' On Social Media? by LadyX(f): 11:39am On Apr 26, 2015
godwin34:

Let me quickly put a caveat here though, that many ladies who know me personally, or who have heard about me would part with their limbs to date me, and honestly, I have many female 'toasters'. So I am talking about the ladies I WOULD HAVE LOVED TO SHARE MY LIFE WITH.
Lol @ the above cheesy

Op, the truth is that there many jokers (especially guys) on social media. For instance, someone who doesn't know you at all contacts you. And the first thing is "I love you". Will you take such a person seriously? How do you even respond to such a person?

Unfortunately, I have no solution to what you raised.
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want To Be 'approached' On Social Media? by TheSonOfMark(m): 11:40am On Apr 26, 2015
EbubeOnoh:
Na like this. Helo dear how are you and how was your day/nite. I hope you dream of me

This is the lamest pickup/ chat up line I have ever seen? What female would fall for this? An okra seller?
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want To Be 'approached' On Social Media? by MizTyna(f): 11:47am On Apr 26, 2015
I want to be approached in a sane and matured manner,no unneccessary flattery and whatnots. Some msgs guys send 'hi love' 'sup baby' xup' 'gm' 'hi angel' and start asking for your contact straightaway and wonder why they get no reply. For me,greet properly,introduce yourself- name,location,what you do,not where you work oh,state of origin,relationship status(they'll probably lie anyway),age range,nothing heavy. And ask to get to know me too. Inbox for some days,depends on the frequency and the signs you getting from me,then politely ask for my contact,preferably phone number. It isnt rocket science na!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ladies, How Would You Want To Be 'approached' On Social Media? by godwin34: 12:07pm On Apr 26, 2015
]MizTyna(f): Quote Post
I want to be approached in a sane and matured manner,no unneccessary flattery and whatnots. Some msgs guys send 'hi love' 'sup baby' xup' 'gm' 'hi angel' and start asking for your contact straightaway and wonder why they get no reply. For me,greet properly,introduce yourself- name,location,what you do,not where you work oh,state of origin,relationship status(they'll probably lie anyway),age range,nothing heavy. And ask to get to know me too. Inbox for some days,depends on the frequency and the signs you getting from me,then politely ask for my contact,preferably phone number. It isnt rocket science na

Thanks for yours above. Would it surprise you to know that I am gentlemanly in my approach and yet............
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want To Be 'approached' On Social Media? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Apr 26, 2015
I'm guessing it doesnt invovle

Liking all her post

Stalking her always

sending her multiple PMs

Replying all her comments

Commenting everywhere she comments

and sending her more PMs while her signature says " Nairaland is too dirty to do anything in private"
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want To Be 'approached' On Social Media? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Apr 26, 2015
Gentleman indeed..dey there may other sharp guys collect babe finish..u go come dey look for dust bin gals on social network..I have to tell you this.Nothing good enough have happens from social networks..a bunch of female beggars asking for recharge card with their over mary kay ed face.. Yabbish **mtchhewwww** **vex and walks off thread**

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, How Would You Want To Be 'approached' On Social Media? by godwin34: 12:15pm On Apr 26, 2015
LadyX:

Lol @ the above cheesy

Op, the truth is that there many jokers (especially guys) on social media. For instance, someone who doesn't know you at all contacts you. And the first thing is "I love you". Will you take such a person seriously? How do you even respond to such a person?

Thanks dear. That is exactly my point, I do try to be different and yet..........
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want To Be 'approached' On Social Media? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Apr 26, 2015
MizTyna:
I want to be approached in a sane and matured manner,no unneccessary flattery and whatnots. Some msgs guys send 'hi love' 'sup baby' xup' 'gm' 'hi angel' and start asking for your contact straightaway and wonder why they get no reply. For me,greet properly,introduce yourself- name,location,what you do,not where you work oh,state of origin,relationship status(they'll probably lie anyway),age range,nothing heavy. And ask to get to know me too. Inbox for some days,depends on the frequency and the signs you getting from me,then politely ask for my contact,preferably phone number. It isnt rocket science na!

Are you a rocket scientist!

1 Like

Re: Ladies, How Would You Want To Be 'approached' On Social Media? by luuvee(m): 12:29pm On Apr 26, 2015
I love you oya talk your own

1 Like

Re: Ladies, How Would You Want To Be 'approached' On Social Media? by Oahray: 12:30pm On Apr 26, 2015
Hmmm... Op sorry ehn.

Were I to advise you as a friend, I'd have told you never to start a relationship on social networks. It's too deceptive a medium to start anything serious. While it has truly worked for some, they are by far the minority.

Unless you have really poor social skills that cannot be improved, I'd suggest you make your search face to face. Go out of your comfort zone, if possible, depending on what you want. If you are looking for a serious life partner, it's worth the effort and worth that time you feel you don't have.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, How Would You Want To Be 'approached' On Social Media? by marieolae(f): 12:51pm On Apr 26, 2015
cheesy cheesy
TheSonOfMark:

This is the lamest pickup/ chat up line I have ever seen? What female would fall for this? An okra seller?
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want To Be 'approached' On Social Media? by richidinho(m): 12:54pm On Apr 26, 2015
LadyX:

Lol @ the above cheesy

What's that particular approach that catch ur attention
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want To Be 'approached' On Social Media? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Apr 26, 2015
How about sending this to her?

Re: Ladies, How Would You Want To Be 'approached' On Social Media? by Chizzy20(f): 12:57pm On Apr 26, 2015
Op those female toasters u ve offline..Y nt giv dem a trial..

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, How Would You Want To Be 'approached' On Social Media? by LadyX(f): 1:06pm On Apr 26, 2015
richidinho:

What's that particular approach that catch ur attention
Get to know the person first
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want To Be 'approached' On Social Media? by richidinho(m): 1:08pm On Apr 26, 2015
LadyX:

Get to know the person first

OK pretty can I know u
Pls tell me abt urself
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want To Be 'approached' On Social Media? by LadyX(f): 1:27pm On Apr 26, 2015
richidinho:

OK pretty can I know u
Pls tell me abt urself

undecided
This is a public forum dear.
I think it's better to meet people in real life.
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want To Be 'approached' On Social Media? by richidinho(m): 1:32pm On Apr 26, 2015
LadyX:

undecided
This is a public forum dear.
I think it's better to meet people in real life.

OK flash my contact so we tlk
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want To Be 'approached' On Social Media? by godwin34: 3:07pm On Apr 26, 2015
Chizzy20:
Op those female toasters u ve offline..Y nt giv dem a trial..

Somehow, I feel they are not genuine. Besides I want to feel something for my woman.
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want To Be 'approached' On Social Media? by 1dafullymade(f): 3:28pm On Apr 26, 2015
LadyX:

Lol @ the above cheesy

My dear, u beat me to it....honestly how can u take such a person seriously?..like I always say, d word LOVE is one of d most misused words in d English vocabulary....

Anyways @ OP, u already claim to b gentlemanly in ur approach, gues u shld continue wt dat or probably absorb some of d above given ideas/suggestions....not to worry, one day, just one day, ur dream wil come thru...all d best!
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want To Be 'approached' On Social Media? by LadyX(f): 3:42pm On Apr 26, 2015
1dafullymade:
My dear, u beat me to it....honestly how can u take such a person seriously?..like I always say, d word LOVE is one of d most misused words in d English vocabulary....

Anyways @ OP, u already claim to b gentlemanly in ur approach, gues u shld continue wt dat or probably absorb some of d above given ideas/suggestions....not to worry, one day, just one day, ur dream wil come thru...all d best!
cheesy
I don't usually respond to such people.
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want To Be 'approached' On Social Media? by epelumi42(m): 6:50pm On Apr 26, 2015
MizTyna:

I couldn't but laugh. Rocket science... Hope ur inbox is filled with proper msgs now
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want To Be 'approached' On Social Media? by MizTyna(f): 6:58pm On Apr 26, 2015
godwin34:

Thanks dear. That is exactly my point, I do try to be different and yet..........

Well......
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want To Be 'approached' On Social Media? by Mystery007(m): 2:36am On Sep 10, 2016
TheSonOfMark:

Even okra seller don upgrade sef. Dey no go reason him matter at all. Lolz

(1) (Reply)

What Is This Lady Looking For? / Revealed!!! The Reasons Why Women Hate Each Other. / Incestous Brothers And Sisters!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.