Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,224 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:59 AM

Was Adam Really 90ft Tall? Scientific Proof! - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was Adam Really 90ft Tall? Scientific Proof! (8729 Views)

Amazing Scientific Proof That Hell Exists. / Was Adam Truly The First Man On Earth? / Scientific Proof That God Exists: For Atheists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was Adam Really 90ft Tall? Scientific Proof! by dayodare49o: 8:55am On Apr 30, 2015
vooks:
Negro Neaanderthal,
Ever heard of square-cube Law?

God created man in his own image does not mean that God is 90 feet tall and created Adam in that image.
Re: Was Adam Really 90ft Tall? Scientific Proof! by CHUKWUEZEDIKE: 9:02pm On Apr 30, 2015
Empiree:
That's it. I tell you what, Christians problem is BIGOTRY. Technically Muslims have no problem with any names Allah is called. What we have problem with is Attributes.

First, you can tell An2elect2's problem is anything islamic. She said,

This goes to show you she simply has problem with islam altogether. She can care less if there is anything good in it.

Now, as for whether God's name is relevant or not, here is what Quran says (17:110)

Say, "Call upon Allah or call upon the Most Merciful. Whichever [name] you call - to Him belong the best names." And do not recite [too] loudly in your prayer or [too] quietly but seek between that an [intermediate] way.

In Islam, Quran recognizes any name God is called.

Yoruba-Eledumare, Olohun,

Hausa- Ubangiji,

Igbo- Chineke

Bosnia- bog

English-God

Latin- deus

Spanish-dios

In Islam, Allah has 99 names and Attributes

Its all doesn't make difference in Islam. Problem is we Muslims must confirm their concepts of God. The only time it's mandatory to use Allah is during obligatory salat. For instance, Allah is Unique, He has no partner, He does not eat, He does not sleep, He does not begets. These are amongst His Attributes. In short, He does not have human attributes. To ascribe human attributes to God in Islam is polytheism(which is subject to eternal damnation). Our critical studies of Islam guarantee Muslims that it is only in Islam we have correct God's Attributes (uniqueness). That's, His perfect Attributes mentioned in the Qur'an and told by Prophet Muhammad(SAW). Other religions' concepts of God are tainted. For instance, some Christians believe God has a son, some of them believe God eat and poo. These are human attributes. It is not acceptable in islam. Spanish's Dios, Igbo's Chineke, Yoruba' Olorun are also tainted by non Muslim speakers of these languages. But it doesnt change the fact that Muslims speaking same languages dont call God by that.

The word Allah however is unique. There is no (female or male) Allah. Allah is gender-less. This name is unique. It's what Quran calls God. It says Allah is the original name of God. But 'God' has gender and pluralism. Like Goddess, Gods. There is no plural word for Allah. You have to agree with me that Jesus that Christians revered so much did not speak English. He spoke Aramaic. A language so close to Arabic. This means when Jesus was alive he called God 'Allaha'.

Let's do a little 'experiment'. Like i said earlier, Allah is unique name of God. Now if you spell back Allah it gives you Halla (it sounds pretty much the same. If you spell back Allaha (language Jesus spoke), it gives you Ahalla. It still sound like Allah.

Now if you spell back God, it gives you D-g. This means the word "God" was invented by English speaking folks. It is not unique. It does not have any spiritual connotation. However, we Muslims have no problem using the word God so long as its concept does not contradict Quran. God according to Qur'an is a Supreme Being, He has no partner, He does not begets, He does not sleep nor slumber. This is contrary to Christianity concept of God.

It is only when Christians want to do "wayo" (fraud, hanky panky), they go to majority muslim country and change minority christian textbooks like Malaysia. Muslims in the country use Allah for God (which is normal). But what's christian business to change christian textbooks from using God or Malay language 'tuhan' to Allah?. They did this to cajole ignorant Muslims. They used Allah with christian concept of God. Like, God has a son was changed to "Allah has a son". Qur'an reject this nonsense...http://quran.com/18/4-5

http://quran.com/112

After they were busted they started screaming "Muslims are intolerant". But guess what?. Malaysian Christians generally have no problem using God in their worship. It's western Christians that promoted that nonsense. Fact is, Jesus' original teachings have been interpolated. This is my humble submission.

Cc:An2elect2 skyhighweb

Yes of course, you are right; Israelites in the time of Jesus spoke Aramaic not Hebrew, even his name clearly shows that.

It is quite funny that people worship what they do not know. The shocking truth is that all religions of the world developed from the pure spirituality of the African people. Judaism, Islam, Obudioha (Buddha), Chindu(Hindu) etc. came from the pure spirituality of the Hebrew people.

People say what they do not know because they have been brainwashed. This is the very reason some foolish ones do criticize the tradition of the Ancient People. He who does not know where he came from would not know where he is going. Allah is neither Satan nor Demon, as a matter of fact, we all came from Allah. Allah can strike anyone who commits atrocities.

Allah is Igbo meaning 'Earth Deity'. It is quite very funny that even Muslims who worship 'Ala' do not know that they are actually venerating the Earth Deity (Mother of all humans). A Muslim says that he/ she is 'Islam' because he/she bows to the Earth; this is what is called 'Isi Alam' in Igbo language meaning 'My ritual Obeisance'. Muslims are called 'Surrenderers' because, they are submissive to their all knowing Allah to teach and direct them, so, a Muslim/ Muzlim is one who surrenders (to all knowing Allah); this word is Hebrew called 'Muzilim/ Muzirim', meaning 'teach me (the way)'.

The direction religions are going in todays world is actually ethnocentric; people think that God is theirs and Heaven is meant for them alone, and thereby, calling others fetish, demonic, satanic, etc..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Was Adam Really 90ft Tall? Scientific Proof! by Empiree: 9:28pm On Apr 30, 2015
CHUKWUEZEDIKE:

Yes of course, you are right; Israelites in the time of Jesus spoke Aramaic not Hebrew, even his name clearly shows that.

It is quite funny that people worship what they do not know. The shocking truth is that all religions of the world developed from the pure spirituality of the African people. Judaism, Islam, Obudioha (Buddha), Chindu(Hindu) etc. came from the pure spirituality of the Hebrew people.

People say what they do not know because they have been brainwashed. This is the very reason some foolish ones do criticize the tradition of the Ancient People. He who does not know where he came from would not know where he is going. Allah is neither Satan nor Demon, as a matter of fact, we all came from Allah. Allah can strike anyone who commits atrocities.
I agree with this actually

Allah is Igbo meaning 'Earth Deity'.
Is their a way you can provide textual evidence of this?. What is 'Earth Deity'?

It is quite very funny that even Muslims who worship 'Ala' do not know that they are actually venerating the Earth Deity (Mother of all humans).
Dont get it twisted. Allah is the Lord, Cherisher, Sustainer, Creator of heaven and earth and all that is therein.

A Muslim says that he/ she is 'Islam' because he/she bows to the Earth; this is what is called 'Isi Alam' in Igbo language meaning 'My ritual Obeisance'.
Yes, correct. Your explanation just sound ambiguous. But are you saying Igbos who worship all sorts of idols actually submit to Creator of the world?

Muslims are called 'Surrenderers' because, they are submissive to their all knowing Allah to teach and direct them, so, a Muslim/ Muzlim is one who surrenders (to all knowing Allah);
Again, you are correct.

this word is Hebrew called 'Muzilim/ Muzirim', meaning 'teach me (the way)'.
Interesting. I will like to have reference from Hebrew scripture please(if any). Thanks

The direction religions are going in todays world is actually ethnocentric; people think that God is theirs and Heaven is meant for them alone, and thereby, calling others fetish, demonic, satanic, etc..
Intolerant actually contributes greatly. Are you Igbo man?
Re: Was Adam Really 90ft Tall? Scientific Proof! by Nobody: 10:28pm On Apr 30, 2015
EzioAuditore:
A theory that started a few decades ago and you want online links to a citation? Dude! You have no point here, you just keep running around a bush, but like I said, this theory is plausible until proven otherwise.

It's safe to say I know way more about this obsolete theory that you're defending wholeheartedly. First off, no, it was proposed more than 100 years ago (1889) so you're way off on that. It's much older than the big bang theory, nuclear theory and of course plate tectonics which it was abandoned for.

Secondly, even if it was proposed yesterday, it will have at least one citation.

I like how you ignored the paper from NASA that totally discredited it. It's equally interesting that your "world-renowed" scientist has no peer-reviewed publications on it. I'm also curious to know if you reject plate tectonics and of course, since your insist the 'theory' is plausible, can you explain/mention which mechanism makes it so.

In addition, I noticed you went from...
EzioAuditore:
According to scientists The earth was much smaller (estimated it was only 10% its current size) and kept expanding:
To...
EzioAuditore:
If something is a hypothesis then that already makes it plausible. But as a Muslim, whose confirmation is greater than that of God?
So, which is true and which did you make up?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Was Adam Really 90ft Tall? Scientific Proof! by Nobody: 11:22pm On Apr 30, 2015
DProDG:

It's safe to say I know way more about this obsolete theory that you're defending wholeheartedly. First off, no, it was proposed more than 100 years ago (1889) so you're way off on that. It's much older than the big bang theory, nuclear theory and of course plate tectonics which it was abandoned for.

Secondly, even if it was proposed yesterday, it will have a citation.

I like how you ignored the paper from NASA that totally discredited it. It's equally interesting that your "world-renowed" scientist has no peer-reviewed publications on it. I'm also curious to know if reject plate tectonics and of course, since your insist the 'theory' is possible, can you explain/mention which mechanism makes it so.

In addition, I noticed you went from...

To...

So, which is true and which did you make up?

Lmao! Then why were you asking for a citation or publication if you knew that? Again, don't shoot yourself in the leg here. Up until 1970 it was still considered so I just suggested the earliest possible time. The NASA paper suggests that in the last century, there is no detectable growth, now that doesn't mean it didn't happen or that it won't happen, remember, we're talking about billions of years here. And trust me, even the plate tectonics will soon be abandoned. Most scientific theories never actually stick.
Re: Was Adam Really 90ft Tall? Scientific Proof! by Nobody: 2:49am On May 01, 2015
EzioAuditore:
Lmao! Then why were you asking for a citation or publication if you knew that?
I wanted to learn something new or spot a liar, either would have been good for me. smiley

Again, don't shoot yourself in the leg here. Up until 1970 it was still considered so I just suggested the earliest possible time.
I'm pretty sure you don't know the meaning of that expression becausue you've done that as many time as you've used it. And no, you didn't "suggest", you said
...a theory that started a few decades ago...

The NASA paper suggests that in the last century, there is no detectable growth, now that doesn't mean it didn't happen or that it won't happen, remember, we're talking about billions of years here.
This is the only thing I somewhat agree with you on, but then again what was this for?...
According to scientists The earth was much smaller (estimated it was only 10% its current size) and kept expanding
:/

And trust me, even the plate tectonics will soon be abandoned. Most scientific theories never actually stick.
I'm aware it's a habit for theists to reject anyything that contradicts their 'infallible holy books' but at least have the dignity to admit it's based on faith rather than science.

By the way, just out of sheer curiousity, which organisation conducted your IQ test?
Re: Was Adam Really 90ft Tall? Scientific Proof! by Weah96: 3:03am On May 01, 2015
EzioAuditore:

You are free to confirm at any reputable website or book, but the earth is still expanding. Proving Allahs claim 1400 years ago, that it is he who expands the earth.

Wait, I thought you said that there is a scientific reason for the expansion? Which one is it? Is Allah the one doing the expanding or is this a natural process?
Re: Was Adam Really 90ft Tall? Scientific Proof! by Nobody: 11:36pm On May 01, 2015
DProDG:

I wanted to learn something new or spot a liar, either would have been good for me. smiley

I'm pretty sure you don't know the meaning of that expression becausue you've done that as many time as you've used it. And no, you didn't "suggest", you said

This is the only thing I somewhat agree with you on, but then again what was this for?... :/

I'm aware it's a habit for theists to reject anyything that contradicts their 'infallible holy books' but at least have the dignity to admit it's based on faith rather than science.

By the way, just out of sheer curiousity, which organisation conducted your IQ test?

The first thing I did on this topic, was to quote the Quran, now you're asking me to admit it's based on faith? Do I need to point that out to you. I was a little confused why a certain bloke can be so confused and hollow, then everything made sense, you're a sad miserable atheist. I would like to say I pity you, but I honestly couldn't care less. The thing is, no matter how you dweebs try to sound smart, you just can't hide the bitterness and emptiness inside of you. Get off your high horse mate, you're just another shallow charlatan that needs to keep telling himself lies to feel like he actually matters, but the thing is you don't. Here's my advice for you. If you are really asking me after my various references to the Quran if this is about faith then you need that IQ test, I wish I could help you with that, but my institution offers optional IQ tests for all 1st year students and I doubt they'll let an ankle biter take the test. And BTw, stop slicing my posts like that, see I'm a little obsessive compulsive and it annoys the shit out of me, Do whatever you want but keep my posts whole. Ahh! You miserable pork sword, like I always say, I do enjoy meeting people like you because you remind me of exactly who I don't want to be, but just out of curiosity, do you even know what an iq test is? Ooh men! The euphoria! God it feels good to be back! And screw you antispam bot! Whoever or whatever you are!
Re: Was Adam Really 90ft Tall? Scientific Proof! by Nobody: 11:46pm On May 01, 2015
EzioAuditore:
The first the I quoted was the Quran, now you're asking me to admit it's based on faith? Do I need to point that out to you.
I kinda remember asking initially and your response was...
EzioAuditore:
Both, mate. "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."
undecided
...And of course, your OP had "scientific proof" in the title.
Re: Was Adam Really 90ft Tall? Scientific Proof! by Nobody: 11:57pm On May 01, 2015
DProDG:

I kinda remember asking initially and your response was... undecided
...And of course, you OP had "scientific proof" in the title.

A possible scientific explanation. Look, there are a lot of scientific claims in the Quran, I'm the sort of person that when I picture God, I see an all knowing scientist because science is how this world works, and if you have faith in your religion and not science, then you're deceiving yourself. And please just stop doing that, it's annoying the living crap out of me.
Re: Was Adam Really 90ft Tall? Scientific Proof! by CHUKWUEZEDIKE: 3:26pm On May 02, 2015
Empiree:
I agree with this actually

Is their a way you can provide textual evidence of this?. What is 'Earth Deity'?

Dont get it twisted. Allah is the Lord, Cherisher, Sustainer, Creator of heaven and earth and all that is therein.

Yes, correct. Your explanation just sound ambiguous. But are you saying Igbos who worship all sorts of idols actually submit to Creator of the world?

Again, you are correct.

Interesting. I will like to have reference from Hebrew scripture please(if any). Thanks

Intolerant actually contributes greatly. Are you Igbo man?

I tell you the truth, you agreed not because you know that it is the truth, but because it suits your claims. Try and get wisdom, and in all your gettings get understanding. There are so many mystries yet to be resolved. If you really want to embrace the truth, you must eliminate all forms of ethnic, racial, or religious sentiments. The Supreme Being, is the fullness of truth; and It ways are pure and just. Have you ever wondered how all religions of the world came into being? Or, why are there different races of people in the world? You are here today defending your religion simply because you were born into the religion; not because you have known the truth. People love to showcase how intelligent they are by distorting the truth, and twisting or bending it to suit them.

By 'Earth Deity ', I mean Supernatural force/god/goddess in charge of the Earth. Allah is the custodian of human moralities.

The Ancient Tradition of the Igbo People is Spiritual; not textual. Igbos hold the original spirituality of the tradition of the Ancient People; and they observe and venerate all the Supernatural Forces. Igbo ancestors are called 'Ndi Mbu' (The first ones), 'Ndi Ochie' (Ancient ones), 'Ndi mmuo na mmadu'(godmen), 'Umu Chukwu '(Children of God), 'Umu Ihe'(Children of Light), 'Ndi Nshi'(Divine ones), etc..

Yes of course, I'm Igbo.
Re: Was Adam Really 90ft Tall? Scientific Proof! by Empiree: 4:35pm On May 02, 2015
CHUKWUEZEDIKE:

I tell you the truth, you agreed not because you know that it is the truth, but because it suits your claims. Try and get wisdom, and in all your gettings get understanding. There are so many mystries yet to be resolved. If you really want to embrace the truth, you must eliminate all forms of ethnic, racial, or religious sentiments. The Supreme Being, is the fullness of truth; and It ways are pure and just. Have you ever wondered how all religions of the world came into being? Or, why are there different races of people in the world? You are here today defending your religion simply because you were born into the religion; not because you have known the truth. People love to showcase how intelligent they are by distorting the truth, and twisting or bending it to suit them.

By 'Earth Deity ', I mean Supernatural force/god/goddess in charge of the Earth. Allah is the custodian of human moralities.

The Ancient Tradition of the Igbo People is Spiritual; not textual. Igbos hold the original spirituality of the tradition of the Ancient People; and they observe and venerate all the Supernatural Forces. Igbo ancestors are called 'Ndi Mbu' (The first ones), 'Ndi Ochie' (Ancient ones), 'Ndi mmuo na mmadu'(godmen), 'Umu Chukwu '(Children of God), 'Umu Ihe'(Children of Light), 'Ndi Nshi'(Divine ones), etc..

Yes of course, I'm Igbo.
I still dont understand where you getting at. What exactly is your point?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Provoking Blessings!!!!! / *CHRISTIANS ONLY* Who Is Your Favourite Bible Villian And Why? / Jehohava Witnesses, Please Explain This Scripture For Me!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.