Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,796 members, 7,956,041 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:10 PM

Is A Prayerless Christian Really A Powerless Christian? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is A Prayerless Christian Really A Powerless Christian? (19602 Views)

Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? / The Devil Is Powerless Without Your Fear. / A Prayerless Christian Is A Playing Christian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is A Prayerless Christian Really A Powerless Christian? by Vicjustice: 1:54pm On Apr 26, 2015
You know the answer
Re: Is A Prayerless Christian Really A Powerless Christian? by Gombs(m): 1:55pm On Apr 26, 2015
An0nimus:
Interesting perspective Gombs, interesting.

I know buddy, I know.

If one is ignorant of or doesn't pray and stir this power in him.

How's that possible? How did he stir up that power without praying? Meanwhile, you cannot use what you're ignorant of.

Isn't he considered powerless before the enemy?

If you're born again today, and received the Holy Spirit, you are endowed with incredible powers as mighty as Jesus is, however, if you don't know you have this, how do you then use it? The fact that you don't know about the law of gravity does not mean it does not exist, but when you do, you'd know how to use it to your advantage.

If you know you have power by God's Spirit and don't know how to get it working, does that make you powerless?

But when you know... Guess what? You immediately put it to use.. Paul thought so too..

Gal 4:3
Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world
Re: Is A Prayerless Christian Really A Powerless Christian? by Johncuppa(m): 1:56pm On Apr 26, 2015
Re: Is A Prayerless Christian Really A Powerless Christian? by nwakaibeya1: 1:56pm On Apr 26, 2015
How many people in churches are able to see spiritually what and how their pastor/prophet or general overseer look like spiritually?spiritually speaking many of them are devil incarnates if only you have the LIGHT to see how they are in the spirit with that LIGHT which JESUSCHRIST used and said i am the light of the world?if we were you i would seek that particular LIGHT which is right available near you if you would ask for it?There are Two powers available to Human beigns ie spiritual power and political power and you must be genuinely empowered spiritually before political empowerment and many who attain political power do not have genuine spiritual empowerment with the true LIGHT the MANTLE of he that made the spiritual law and the power that be giveth?we reveal mystery to humanbeigns of the world.BEHOLD In the kingdom of Jesuschrist that has come every body is a suspect until the world of justice,the light,the mantle ,the power that be and he that made the spiritual laws clears you,no matter how you pretend to be good or to know JESUSCHRIST AND DONT FORGET it is only at night that we know who is who on the earth and beyond?and those who understand the spiritual know what we speak ,we speak life and power and they are spirits and non can challenge the authority as this is not about i see am well well prophesies of so called prophets and pastors this is accept the truth or perish and thats the authority and power and we are also open to confrontation as we have declared that the kingdom of real JESUSCHRIST has comeback and you shouldnt forget the conseqences of vain challenge/confrontation because this is highly spiritual:we tell you once again descendants of prophets of baal are stil in existence&not all prophesies are from God of justice they are using prophesies to make merchandise of their bellies ,even native doctors give prophesies as well and it comes to pass so do not be deceived humans?
Fear God Be wise like a serpent especially when you read what you have never read before investigate especially in the spiritual before you confront what you dont know the beginning to the end and be it known to you that Every treasure of human beings is hidden in the darkest secret places and you can only obtain your treasures with the LIGHT which real Jesus Christ gives and unfortunately human beigns don't have the LIGHT,the MANTLE ,forget the pretenses they are those we call CHAMELEONS:We speak with LIGHT&POWER that is unbelievable to humans,who can battle with God of justice?Kingdom of God of justice has come&it's judgement?Matthew 13:13 This is why I speak 2 them in parables:Though seeing,they do not see;though hearing,they dont hear or understand.it is written:Acts 28:26"'Go to this people&say"u will be ever hearing but never understanding;u will be ever seeing but never perceiving.thats the POWER"Deuteronomy 32:6 Do you thus requite the LORD, O foolish people and unwise? is not he your father that has bought you? has he not made you?WISDOM is UNCOMMON ABILITY to check&accept NEW TRUTH and REVELATION&parables,NO MATTER how BITTER It is#so said THE Greatest teacher of all time JESUS CHRIST:we know Humanbeings remains limited by the knowledge available to them and will always find it difficult to key into new revelation,especially the spiritual?Romans11,21-30:GOD is wicked and you must know the HOT TRUTH and dont be decieved by ignorant pastors&prophets&bornagains saying God loves you and his mercy endures forever only?

1 Like

Re: Is A Prayerless Christian Really A Powerless Christian? by holluwai(m): 1:57pm On Apr 26, 2015
We should request for grace more.

1 Like

Re: Is A Prayerless Christian Really A Powerless Christian? by Damilare6293: 1:57pm On Apr 26, 2015
To my understanding 'a prayerless is a powerless Christian' means every strength and grace needed to overcome the wiles and darts of the devil is acquired in the place of prayer. If a Christian is prayerless, he is disconnected from the source of strength to overcome the devil.. Hence backsliding is inevitable..

2 Likes

Re: Is A Prayerless Christian Really A Powerless Christian? by timilehing(m): 1:58pm On Apr 26, 2015
Grace is everything
Re: Is A Prayerless Christian Really A Powerless Christian? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Apr 26, 2015
Jesus refers to power in our opening verse. You received it when the Holy Spirit came into your life; you didn't get it through the effect of prayer. On the other hand, 'exousia' or authority means delegated power. The effect and the efficacy of authority depends on the power that's behind it.

How or when does one receive the Holy Spirit after accepting Christ ??
Re: Is A Prayerless Christian Really A Powerless Christian? by Gombs(m): 1:59pm On Apr 26, 2015
femi4:
Act 2:1 What does it mean to be in one accord?

That's plane English na.. See message translation

When the Feast of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place. Without warning there was a sound like a strong wind, gale force—no one could tell where it came from. It filled the whole building.

Then, like a wildfire, the Holy Spirit spread through their ranks, and they started speaking in a number of different languages as the Spirit prompted them.

Were they praying to received power ?
Re: Is A Prayerless Christian Really A Powerless Christian? by deebrain(m): 1:59pm On Apr 26, 2015
The idiom is 100 percent true.

Your confessions of authority in Christ over situations in Jesus' name is Prayer.

The normal regular requests in Jesus' name is Prayer.

The worship, the casting and binding, etc is Prayer.

Even God talking back to you which is mostly in place of prayer-all join-is Prayer.

Any Christian despite the authority given that has issues in the popular "prayer life", has issues already.

Authority is the right. Power is the use of those rights.

What is the use of knowing your rights as a Christian when you have no intention of using them?

Some of u shaaaa...

2 Likes

Re: Is A Prayerless Christian Really A Powerless Christian? by freecocoa(f): 1:59pm On Apr 26, 2015
The level of bullshyt that is religion is amazing.

I have never been more at peace with my life ever since I started thinking for myself.
Re: Is A Prayerless Christian Really A Powerless Christian? by adioolayi(m): 1:59pm On Apr 26, 2015
Jesus started with prayer and ended with prayer....Prayer is the master key!

Act1-8 ...you will receive power when the Holy Ghost is come upon you..

How do we get the Holy Ghost? ....
After we confess our sins and accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Saviour (Pray)

How do we receive Power?
To me Power is part of the gifts of the Spirit...as explained in 1Cor 12
Power here are of three kinds (Faith, Healing and Working of miracles ) 1 Cor 12:9-10

The summary is Prayer is Essential...If you don't pray, you don't believe!

4 Likes

Re: Is A Prayerless Christian Really A Powerless Christian? by rabbuy(m): 1:59pm On Apr 26, 2015
Its like asking whether you can have strength without consuming nothing bro prayer is what food is to the flesh .. I don't need to read ur post.

1 Like

Re: Is A Prayerless Christian Really A Powerless Christian? by Damilare6293: 1:59pm On Apr 26, 2015
To my understanding 'a prayerless Christian is a powerless Christian' means every strength and grace needed to overcome the wiles and darts of the devil is acquired in the place of prayer. If a Christian is prayerless, he is disconnected from the source of strength to overcome the devil.. Hence backsliding is inevitable.. To fight temptation you need power(grace), and it is acquired in the place of prayers.

1 Like

Re: Is A Prayerless Christian Really A Powerless Christian? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Apr 26, 2015
Read Acts 1:13-14, 1st Peter 4:7 and Mathew 26: 36 -44.
Prayer is an integral part of Christian living. When you are prayerless, you are easily overcome by sin and you are disconnected from God and also studying and meditating on God's word is very essential. The Holy Spirit cannot come upon a prayerless Christian.
Look my friend, in Acts 1: 14, the deciples where in the upper room all in one accord praying, there where not relaxing, but praying and waiting for the promise.
You can also go through Ephesians 6
Gombs:

Did the apostles pray before they received power? If yes, show proof. Put Acts 1:8 in perspective

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Is A Prayerless Christian Really A Powerless Christian? by Gombs(m): 2:01pm On Apr 26, 2015
RockMaxi:

@Gombs, have you heard of John Knox? Have you read 2Corinthians10:4-8, Matthew 17:16-21? You may have asked for our opinion of Acts1:8 but it seems you already have an answer for yourself.
The day you start having greater responsibilities in Christ, you will know that this type of things does not go out except by fasting and prayer. Cheers

We received power not because we asked... Did you ask to receive power?
Re: Is A Prayerless Christian Really A Powerless Christian? by femi4: 2:03pm On Apr 26, 2015
Gombs:

That's plane English na.. See message translation

When the Feast of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place. Without warning there was a sound like a strong wind, gale force—no one could tell where it came from. It filled the whole building.

Then, like a wildfire, the Holy Spirit spread through their ranks, and they started speaking in a number of different languages as the Spirit prompted them.

Were they praying to received power ?
Yes, they were praying

Acts 1:13-14 King James Version (KJV)
And when they were come in, they went up into an upper room, where abode both Peter, and James, and John, and Andrew, Philip, and Thomas, Bartholomew, and Matthew, James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon Zelotes, and Judas the brother of James.
These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren.

 

3 Likes

Re: Is A Prayerless Christian Really A Powerless Christian? by vicogu76(m): 2:03pm On Apr 26, 2015
Gombs:
But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth (Acts 1:8 ).

Some people say, "A prayer-less Christian is a powerless Christian". But power doesn't come by prayer. In the New Testament, the word "power" is frequently translated from two words, namely: "dunamis" which is the dynamic ability to cause changes and "exousia" which is authority.

Jesus refers to power in our opening verse. You received it when the Holy Spirit came into your life; you didn't get it through the effect of prayer. On the other hand, 'exousia' or authority means delegated power. The effect and the efficacy of authority depends on the power that's behind it.

We've been given authority in Christ Jesus to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power (ability) of the enemy (Luke 10:19). The "power" that's behind our authority is the power of the Almighty God. This, again, didn't come by or through prayer; it was bequeathed to us in Christ as our heritage.

In Matthew 28:18, Jesus said, "...All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth". That word, "power" again is translated from the Greek word "exousia", authority. In the next verse He said, "Go ye therefore...." He delegated His authority to us immediately. Halleluiah!

It's important for us to know what we have in Christ Jesus; we have authority in His Name! We have power to effect changes and live the supernatural life every day. I would to God that Christians would know this! What impact and changes we'll make in this world!

You're fully equipped with divine power to preach the Gospel and change the world! That power is in you through the Holy Spirit.
no prayer no christianity. Your zeal is your prayer. Amen

1 Like

Re: Is A Prayerless Christian Really A Powerless Christian? by Gombs(m): 2:03pm On Apr 26, 2015
ebubest19:
Prayer is an integral part of Christian living. When you are prayerless, you are easily overcome by sin and you are disconnected from God and also studying and meditating on God's word is very essential. The Holy Spirit cannot come upon a prayerless Christian.
Look my friend, in Acts 1: 14, the deciples where in the upper room all in one accord praying, there where not relaxing, but praying and waiting for the promise.

You get me wrongly, I never said prayers is baseless... I said however, the fact that a Christian doesn't pray doesn't mean he wasn't endowed with power from God. As he can't or wouldn't pray, he cannot use those powers.
Re: Is A Prayerless Christian Really A Powerless Christian? by rabbuy(m): 2:04pm On Apr 26, 2015
freecocoa:

I have never been more at peace with my life ever since I started thinking for myself.
*indominictorettosvoice you need Jesus maam

1 Like

Re: Is A Prayerless Christian Really A Powerless Christian? by rabbuy(m): 2:05pm On Apr 26, 2015
freecocoa:

*indominictorettosvoice you need Jesus maam. It isn't about religion

1 Like

Re: Is A Prayerless Christian Really A Powerless Christian? by Johncuppa(m): 2:05pm On Apr 26, 2015
Op, stop misleading and causing confusion.
Ow come u read Acts 1:8 and u stopped there.
pls, read further to Acts 1: 14 and tell me wat d disciples were doing before receiving d baptism of Holy Spirit in Acts 2:1-4.

All these false teaching, misinterpretation of d word of God is not good enough. Wait on God, let him deal with first before handling His word

#gracia

1 Like

Re: Is A Prayerless Christian Really A Powerless Christian? by femi4: 2:05pm On Apr 26, 2015
ebubest19:
God bless you, you don reduce my work

1 Like

Re: Is A Prayerless Christian Really A Powerless Christian? by Gombs(m): 2:06pm On Apr 26, 2015
femi4:
Yes, they were praying

Acts 1:13-14 King James Version (KJV)
And when they were come in, they went up into an upper room, where abode both Peter, and James, and John, and Andrew, Philip, and Thomas, Bartholomew, and Matthew, James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon Zelotes, and Judas the brother of James.
These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren.

 

So they prayed to receive power? Did you read the OP at all? Jesus said... Meeehn, go read Acts1:8
Re: Is A Prayerless Christian Really A Powerless Christian? by RockMaxi: 2:06pm On Apr 26, 2015
Gombs:

We received power not because we asked... Did you ask to receive power?

@Gombs, where and what is your ministry?

Re: Is A Prayerless Christian Really A Powerless Christian? by DollyParton1(f): 2:08pm On Apr 26, 2015
TOPMAN4LIFE:
Yes, prayer gives power
I know many born again xtians who stil suffer in d hand of enemy because of prayerlessness
GBAM!!!!!
Prayerlessness or praying amiss.
Re: Is A Prayerless Christian Really A Powerless Christian? by freecocoa(f): 2:09pm On Apr 26, 2015
rabbuy:
*indominictorettosvoice you need Jesus maam. It isn't about religion
What then is it about?
Re: Is A Prayerless Christian Really A Powerless Christian? by femi4: 2:10pm On Apr 26, 2015
Gombs:

So they prayed to receive power? Did you read the OP at all? Jesus said... Meeehn, go read Acts1:8
Shey na my words be that? That was the scripture. If you like, swim in your folly
Re: Is A Prayerless Christian Really A Powerless Christian? by Johncuppa(m): 2:11pm On Apr 26, 2015
Gombs:

You get me wrongly, I never said prayers is baseless... I said however, the fact that a Christian doesn't pray doesn't mean he wasn't endowed with power from God. As he can't or wouldn't pray, he cannot use those powers.

Stop it bro. Read Acts 1:14, it read thus; They all joined together #constantly in prayer.... before they receive the power in Acts 2:4.
So, wat are u saying and wat is d basis for ur argument?

1 Like

Re: Is A Prayerless Christian Really A Powerless Christian? by MistarT(m): 2:11pm On Apr 26, 2015
There are certain capacities in the spiritual realm that you cannot I repeat cannot attain except when you PRAY!!! serious how do you communicate to God, when you don't pray?? you're told to PRAY without ceasing!!! Prayer brakes important codes, change your life, the key thing is purity is highly needed to compliment the whole thing!! PRAYER IS THE KEY(×3), PRAYER IS THE MASTER KEY, JESUS STARTED WITH PRAYER AND ENDED WITH PRAYER, PRAYER IS THE MASTER KEY.HALLELUJAH!!!

2 Likes

Re: Is A Prayerless Christian Really A Powerless Christian? by ViktorMartins(m): 2:12pm On Apr 26, 2015
Gombs:

Did the apostles pray before they received power? If yes, show proof. Put Acts 1:8 in perspective

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Happened To Brother Emma And Lazarus Of The Voice Of The Cross / What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? / I'm A Pentecostal, I Attended A Catholic Church For The First Time And...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.