Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,095 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

Buhari's Victory, Not A Popular Mandate - Northern Statesman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Victory, Not A Popular Mandate - Northern Statesman (29367 Views)

Patrick Obahiagbon Mocks All The Trekkers Trekking For Buhari's Victory(pics) / My Victory, Not A Surprise – Buhari - PUNCH / Landslide Victory Not Feasible For PDP- Chairman Mu'azu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari's Victory, Not A Popular Mandate - Northern Statesman by izu777: 11:23pm On Apr 26, 2015
Without minding that he hailed from the same region with the president-elect, Balarabe Musa, an elder statesman has said Buhari's victory in the March 28 presidential polls does not reflect the wish of the generality of Nigerians. He said an election won on a shortfall of 42 million registered voters isn't a reflection of the true will of the people. Only 28 million of the total 70 million registered voters took active participation in the election.

The national chairman of the de-registered Peoples Redemption Party (PRP), said, Buhari has a mandate but not popular, he therefore wants the president-elect to form a government which will comprise all political parties. The former governor of old Kaduna state said, the only fortunate thing about the just concluded polls is that Nigeria is not divided despite anxieties before the elections.

PS: This article is a summarized version of the original news

Source: http://thesummary.com.ng/index.php/component/k2/item/532-buhari-s-victory-not-a-popular-mandate-northern-statesman

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari's Victory, Not A Popular Mandate - Northern Statesman by teemanbastos(m): 11:25pm On Apr 26, 2015
Cry cry baby grin grin

42 Likes

Re: Buhari's Victory, Not A Popular Mandate - Northern Statesman by ki02020(m): 11:27pm On Apr 26, 2015
This man is an ode RATIO 2:4 regions is not popularity abi......that means the constitution stance is also not a popular one

7 Likes

Re: Buhari's Victory, Not A Popular Mandate - Northern Statesman by Sweetguy25: 11:31pm On Apr 26, 2015
This man is great. He always says the truth, no matter how unpopular it is.
In fact, he is the most honest northern politician in this country. Forget Buhari, Balarabe Musa is the deal.

100 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari's Victory, Not A Popular Mandate - Northern Statesman by minifuworld: 11:54pm On Apr 26, 2015
is that not first governor to be impeached

24 Likes

Re: Buhari's Victory, Not A Popular Mandate - Northern Statesman by ShowYourCertificate: 11:57pm On Apr 26, 2015
ki02020:
This man is an ode RATIO 2:4 regions is not popularity abi......that means the constitution stance is also not a popular one
Read his statement, search your conscience, and then tell me if he's wrong in what he said.

87 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari's Victory, Not A Popular Mandate - Northern Statesman by theV0ice: 12:00am On Apr 27, 2015
Finally, an abok.i, a nama rearer that some people consider great wink

Balarabe Musa is someone I respect very much but what he's saying holds no water...the June 12 elections had only 14million voters. 2011 elections won by Jonathan had 36million voters. If 2015 had 28million, it isn't buhari's fault. He's not the umpire and even the umpire will not point guns to people's head to force them to go vote. Nigerians generally are apathetic to elections.

A perfect example is the rerun elections in Imo state. Out of 144000 registered voters and 113000 PVC collected, less than 50000 came out to vote....

Now, whose fault is that?

84 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari's Victory, Not A Popular Mandate - Northern Statesman by ShowYourCertificate: 12:03am On Apr 27, 2015
Buhari's victory is not a popular mandate. He never secured massive votes from Nigerians. He failed woefully in the South East (couldn't even secure 25% votes there), failed woefully in the South South and won only marginally in the South West. He never got any massive votes from the South, infact he lost in the South.

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari's Victory, Not A Popular Mandate - Northern Statesman by theV0ice: 12:05am On Apr 27, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Buhari's victory is not a popular mandate. He never secured massive votes from Nigerians. He failed woefully in the South East (couldn't even secure 25% votes there), failed woefully in the South South and won only marginally in the South West. He never got any massive votes from the South, infact he lost in the South.

When I consider the tears being shed by APGA today and the resounding victory of Okorocha, I am obligated to discountenance the results of march 28 in the SE and SS

41 Likes

Re: Buhari's Victory, Not A Popular Mandate - Northern Statesman by ShowYourCertificate: 12:05am On Apr 27, 2015
theV0ice:
Finally, an abok.i, a nama rearer that some people consider great wink

Balarabe Musa is someone I respect very much but what he's saying holds no water...the June 12 elections had only 14million voters. 2011 elections won by Jonathan had 36million voters. If 2015 had 28million, it isn't buhari's fault. He's not the umpire and even the umpire will not point guns to people's head to force them to go vote. Nigerians generally are apathetic to elections.

A perfect example is the rerun elections in Imo state. Out of 144000 registered voters and 113000 PVC collected, less than 50000 came out to vote....

Now, whose fault is that?

Who said it's Buhari's fault? You guys are so brainwashed that you can't comprehend simple statements anymore. SMH.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari's Victory, Not A Popular Mandate - Northern Statesman by ShowYourCertificate: 12:09am On Apr 27, 2015
theV0ice:

When I consider the tears being shed by APGA today and the resounding victory of Okorocha, I am obligated to discoubtenance the results of march 28 in the SE
Will you also discountenance that of Ondo, Gombe and Kogi? In those states, APC won in March 28 but PDP won in April 11. Shouldn't we discountenance the March 28 polls there too? Yimu grin

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Victory, Not A Popular Mandate - Northern Statesman by theV0ice: 12:09am On Apr 27, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Who said it's Buhari's fault? You guys are so brainwashed that you can't comprehend simple statements anymore. SMH.

Keep shaking your head. You that thinks a man who graduated from Aldershoot and the US war college is an 'illiterate' is indeed a sorry case of a brainwashed individual.

Of course everybody knows how you and your ilk think

50 Likes

Re: Buhari's Victory, Not A Popular Mandate - Northern Statesman by theV0ice: 12:12am On Apr 27, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Will you also discountenance that of Ondo? In Ondo, APC won in March 28 but PDP won in April 11. Shouldn't we discountenance the March 28 polls there too? Yimu grin

Its not the winning that poses a problem my friend.....its the brazenness of the rigging......allocating less than 5% of the votes in a whole state to GMB.

Anyway, thank God he didn't need them.....eventually wink

27 Likes

Re: Buhari's Victory, Not A Popular Mandate - Northern Statesman by ShowYourCertificate: 12:12am On Apr 27, 2015
theV0ice:

Keep shaking your head. You that thinks a man who graduated from Aldershoot and the US war college is an 'illiterate' is indeed a sorry case of a brainwashed individual.

Of course everybody knows how you and your ilk think
Fellas you see? He has left the topic of discuss and is now talking about whether Buhari is illiterate or not. SMH

36 Likes

Re: Buhari's Victory, Not A Popular Mandate - Northern Statesman by theV0ice: 12:14am On Apr 27, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Fellas you see? He has left the topic of discuss and is now talking about whether Buhari is illiterate or not. SMH

Its all part of it my friend.

Even your moniker tells me you still have nightmares about GMBs certificate grin

Don't you worry......INEC has given him a better one wink

34 Likes

Re: Buhari's Victory, Not A Popular Mandate - Northern Statesman by ShowYourCertificate: 12:16am On Apr 27, 2015
theV0ice:

Its not the winning that poses a problem my friend.....its the brazenness of the rigging......allocating less than 5% of the votes in a whole state to GMB.

Anyway, thank God he didn't need them.....eventually wink
I hope you know Buhari amassed over a hundred thousand votes (> 100,000) in Imo state? And I hope you know less than a million people casted their votes in the presidential election in Imo state? So I wonder where ur 5% emanated from.

13 Likes

Re: Buhari's Victory, Not A Popular Mandate - Northern Statesman by ShowYourCertificate: 12:18am On Apr 27, 2015
theV0ice:

Its all part of it my friend.

Even your moniker tells me you still have nightmares about GMBs certificate grin

Don't you worry......INEC has given him a better one wink
The certificate of return will stand in for his WASC? Keep on deceiving yourself.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Victory, Not A Popular Mandate - Northern Statesman by theV0ice: 12:19am On Apr 27, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
I hope you know Buhari amassed over a hundred thousand votes (> 100,000) in Imo state? And I hope you know less than a million people casted their votes in the presidential election in Imo state? So I wonder where ur 5% emanated from.

Thank God for IMO and Okorocha....though I wonder why you forgot this when you were harping on his 'dismal' performance in the SE and SS.

What about the other SE and SS States? At least we know how guns were used to chase away voters in Rivers and akwa ibom wink

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Victory, Not A Popular Mandate - Northern Statesman by theV0ice: 12:22am On Apr 27, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
The certificate of return will stand in for his WASC? Keep on deceiving yourself.

He never needed his school cert for anything. Even section 318 of the Nigerian constitution explains and tells us the options that can stand for a school cert.

Its you and partners that wanted to use it to block his approach to the ultimate prize: INEC certificate of return and he crossed that hurdle to claim it.

Now deal with that

19 Likes

Re: Buhari's Victory, Not A Popular Mandate - Northern Statesman by ShowYourCertificate: 12:27am On Apr 27, 2015
theV0ice:

Thank God for IMO and Okorocha....though I wonder why you forgot this when you were harping on his 'dismal' performance in the SE and SS.

What about the other SE and SS States? At least we know how guns were used to chase away voters in Rivers and akwa ibom wink
Buhari failed woefully in Imo state despite pulling over 100,000 votes. This is because he failed to secure 25%.

It's a known fact that Buhari failed in the South (SE, SS, SW). That's why his victory isn't a popular mandate. It's a regional mandate from the North wink. He needs to do sth about that when he assumes power.....a priceless advice.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Victory, Not A Popular Mandate - Northern Statesman by ShowYourCertificate: 12:31am On Apr 27, 2015
theV0ice:

He never needed his school cert for anything. Even section 318 of the Nigerian constitution explains and tells us the options that can stand for a school cert.

Its you and partners that wanted to use it to block his approach to the ultimate prize: INEC certificate of return and he crossed that hurdle to claim it.

Now deal with that
Of course he never needed his WASC. Afterall, our previous leaders are hardly university graduates (with exception of Yar Adua and Jonathan) so it's not totally strange that we have a school drop out as a president. The world is aware.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Victory, Not A Popular Mandate - Northern Statesman by emiye(m): 12:33am On Apr 27, 2015
The old man is going senile, he speaks lots of gibberish of recent.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Victory, Not A Popular Mandate - Northern Statesman by Reminez(m): 1:07am On Apr 27, 2015
Wow!...Look at these baby factory products from the SAD-EAST hailing a a so called cattle rearer now. Hateful and hypocritical lots!!..GMB won in 4 out of 6 regions.Lost narrowly in the south south cool and lost in the sad east due to their perpetual hate for good things coupled with their slavish loyalty to their Ijaw owners ....
Awon AGIP oshi !!!!

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Victory, Not A Popular Mandate - Northern Statesman by Nobody: 1:16am On Apr 27, 2015
Even if an unknown political me contested against GEJ,I. Would win,because,everybody is tired of the present administration..

So either popular votes,or not,the people wanted a change.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Victory, Not A Popular Mandate - Northern Statesman by mcdokwe(m): 1:18am On Apr 27, 2015
Goodnight
Re: Buhari's Victory, Not A Popular Mandate - Northern Statesman by jamex93(m): 1:18am On Apr 27, 2015
Baba don enter

baba don enter

any body fit talk waiting him want either good or bad

waiting dem dey talk no fit remove am from there

NL Good Night!

#Paramood#

4 Likes

Re: Buhari's Victory, Not A Popular Mandate - Northern Statesman by Reminez(m): 1:19am On Apr 27, 2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Victory, Not A Popular Mandate - Northern Statesman by Riclord001(m): 1:20am On Apr 27, 2015
Opinion is what lies between ignorance and knowledge

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Victory, Not A Popular Mandate - Northern Statesman by ayusco85(m): 1:21am On Apr 27, 2015
Sweetguy25:
This man is great. He always says the truth, no matter how unpopular it is.
In fact, he is the most honest northern politician in this country. Forget Buhari, Balarabe Musa is the deal.

U go soon kpeme on top buhari matter

8 Likes

Re: Buhari's Victory, Not A Popular Mandate - Northern Statesman by sakaguchi(m): 1:22am On Apr 27, 2015
Yea!
Re: Buhari's Victory, Not A Popular Mandate - Northern Statesman by eleko1: 1:22am On Apr 27, 2015
undecided any useless group/club can spring up and spew beer parlour talk.The bitter TRUtH remain that BUHARI is the PRESIDENT for the next 4 years b4 OKOROCHA turn.Una fit take a dive into kanji dam.Eba dey sweet sha cool

5 Likes

Re: Buhari's Victory, Not A Popular Mandate - Northern Statesman by focus7: 1:24am On Apr 27, 2015
Let him ressurect his dead party to prove how popular he is himself before judging how popular a man that contested for election four time to win at the last is.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Barinaadaa Gbaranee Dies In Army Custody - Fyno / Patricia Etteh Celebrates Her 67th Birthday Today / The Most Intelligent And Eloquent Nigerian Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.