Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

Why It Is Best For A Fulani Man To govern Nigeria Now - Cramjones - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why It Is Best For A Fulani Man To govern Nigeria Now - Cramjones (1217 Views)

Fulani Man Threatens Nigerians Wishing For Buhari's Death / A President Without Ministers: Can Buhari Govern Nigeria? / Buhari Lacks Clear Cut Direction On How To Govern Nigeria – PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why It Is Best For A Fulani Man To govern Nigeria Now - Cramjones by Nobody: 1:50am On Apr 27, 2015
Many of you know me as very blind when it comes to where people come from or what language they speak. I have demonstrated to be a very neutral Nigerian in all I do. I believe more in competence and the content of character than what tribe or religion anyone belongs to. However, there are unique attributes of certain cultures that I take into consideration when looking at someone in a broader context. Particularly the Fulani culture. I strongly believe that given the corruption culure in Nigeria and correcting it, we would need someone that have inborn traits to solve this very complex and devastating problem that has plagued us for so long. I dare say that majority of cultures in Nigeria supports corruption. One exception will be the Fulani. Before I go to the fulani I will just touch on the 3 main tribes that pretty much covers at least 80% of the Nigerian population and tell you in my opinion why they all support corruption, thereby making it so ingrained in our DNA and our way of life.

1. Igbo: Most Igbos love to travel "home" for the Christmas holidays. Before December all those who intend to travel must make sure they impress. Meaning they must have to be driving possibly a newer car than they drove last Christmas, show off expensive jewelry etc. In Igbo land most people don't care how you got the money, they just care that you have it. If an Igbo person becomes a minister, it is expected that all those related to you have to in some way show that that the money is there. Failure to achieve this, you will be termed as stingy or not a good person. In Igbo land money brings respect, degrees and accolades do nothing if the 'money' is not there. It is a bragging right to have a kid "abroad". This is the Igbo. With these sort of expections most people will do all they can to meet up. No wonder an Igbo marriage is so expensive, because the community will write an endless list with no one caring about how you'll get the money to fulfill it. This drives to people do a lot of illicit things to meet up with this culture. It will take a very disciplined man and someone with the true fear of God not to touch public money, with these unrealistic expections.

2. Hausa: In Hausa land, there may not be much expectation from the average citizen like the Igbo, but in constrast they are highly expectant from anyone that has achieved a bit of success. I know a certain National Security Adviser whose house in Asokoro, is filled with at least 20 people in the morning, with different monetry request. This man can spend at least N2 million a day just "settling" people. Hausa people are very much dependent on those that have attained a stint of success. All they need is for someone in their group to be successful and all of them will frolic and depend on that person. This attitude FUELS corruption. It is a two tier thing. The ones on the higher pedestal eventually see themselves as a "god" figure with many people practically worshiping them and depending on them, and in that vein public money must be continually touched to maintain that status. On the other hand, the demands will never lessen, since this is how it goes, thereby driving corruption.

3. Yoruba: I will say the Yoruba is midway combination of the Igbo culture I just described and the Hausa.

But why is the Fulani different?

One of the core values of the Fulani culture is integrity. Telling a lie or stealing in fulani culture is almost like contracting HIV/AIDS. That is how how grave it is. The fulani believe in living according to one's means, no extravagance. If you are rich - fine, but people must know where your money comes from. The fulani man is also trained to be very resilent and must fear NO ONE. This is a very important value that is ingrained - fearlessness. A fulani man hardly fear death. Perhaps the one negative thing in the culture is the lack of forgiveness. They believe in "an eye for an eye" this explains why they go on revenge attacks and can be very ruthless (in a very bad way).
GMB is fulani, Nasir El Rufai is fulani, Nuhu Ribadu is fulani and a host of others. You will be able to see some of the things I mentioned in these men.

From a cultural stand point, I believe Nigerians made the right choice in GMB. He fears no one, he is ruthless, he is a very upright man and would NEVER corruptly enrich himself. I wish him an eight year rule to correct the abnormality in the Nigerian psyche that one must be rich by all means even if it means stealing from millions of people. I believe GMB is here to teach us that there is a price to pay if you steal. He is here to fix Nigeria, and it is my belief he will do just that.

Let us give him all our support. It is okay to criticize him but let us support him in every way we can.

Also kindly don't be offended by my description of the tribes (my tribe was included in this piece). If we are true to ourseleve we will all accept that corruption is subtly embeded in the 21st century Nigerian culture. We must correct this and I believe we will.

Long Live the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

-CramJones

4 Likes

Re: Why It Is Best For A Fulani Man To govern Nigeria Now - Cramjones by eleko1: 1:55am On Apr 27, 2015
sad
Re: Why It Is Best For A Fulani Man To govern Nigeria Now - Cramjones by jeffizy(m): 1:59am On Apr 27, 2015
You made a very strong case for GMB.
Quite reasonable.

2 Likes

Re: Why It Is Best For A Fulani Man To govern Nigeria Now - Cramjones by dunkem21(m): 2:11am On Apr 27, 2015
Of course, am offended by your description of the tribes ..and if your tribe is included in the bashing, then certainly, you are Yoruba grin ..I see as you bash them well well grin

That said, Integrity is one of the virtues learnt that distinguishes one from another and cannot be by the virtue of any tribe. We can mention Fulanis that are thieves, and Yorubas with impeccable integrity ..You are totally wrong and an insult on our sensibilities for insinuating that majority of our cultures support corruption while some inculcate integrity traits.

https://www.nairaland.com/2279223/fulani-gunmen-kill-30-benue ..I hope "killing is not corruption"

I think you need a 9 week crash course from barcanista grin

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why It Is Best For A Fulani Man To govern Nigeria Now - Cramjones by Edwardhead(m): 2:12am On Apr 27, 2015
Someone should wish me HBD

just hit like

6 Likes

Re: Why It Is Best For A Fulani Man To govern Nigeria Now - Cramjones by ezeagu(m): 2:19am On Apr 27, 2015
Keyword: Rule. That is how you can identify a Prehistoric "Republic".
Re: Why It Is Best For A Fulani Man To govern Nigeria Now - Cramjones by Nobody: 2:33am On Apr 27, 2015
For the first time, Cramjones talked sensibly undecided

What you said about the Fulanis is true but you forgot to add something. Apart from being unforgiving, a fulani will always support his brother even if he's wrong.

They are self righteous, hardly take correction or advice especially from non fulanis.

And lastly, they have the heart of stone, never have sympathy or empathy on non fulanis.

I served in their state so I know them well but generally they are wonderful people if you understand them.

2 Likes

Re: Why It Is Best For A Fulani Man To govern Nigeria Now - Cramjones by Nobody: 2:35am On Apr 27, 2015
Edwardhead:
Someone should wish me HBD

just hit like
Mr. Man, take your birthday to the kid's section. We are discussing national issues here.

HBD though undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why It Is Best For A Fulani Man To govern Nigeria Now - Cramjones by Ilekeh(f): 2:39am On Apr 27, 2015
ezeagu:
Keyword: Rule. That is how you can identify a Prehistoric "Republic".

I make this case all the time.

Rule refers to a king, queen, palace, and a kingdom.

But then, Nigerians are backwards for even considering GEJ and his reptilian wife for a second bid.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Best For A Fulani Man To govern Nigeria Now - Cramjones by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 2:46am On Apr 27, 2015
the amount of Fulani looters all over west Africa dismisses your argument...this is a pseudo scientific-social research at best and balderdash at worst.

the best president Nigeria never had according to some is a Yoruba. wink

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Best For A Fulani Man To govern Nigeria Now - Cramjones by Edwardhead(m): 2:48am On Apr 27, 2015
IdiAmin1:
Mr. Man, take your birthday to the kid's section. We are discussing national issues here.

HBD though undecided
why the hatred?
Re: Why It Is Best For A Fulani Man To govern Nigeria Now - Cramjones by Nobody: 2:50am On Apr 27, 2015
Edwardhead:
why the hatred?
No hard feelings brother. cool
Re: Why It Is Best For A Fulani Man To govern Nigeria Now - Cramjones by Ymodulus: 2:50am On Apr 27, 2015
IdiAmin1:
HBD though undecided
Lol cheesy
Re: Why It Is Best For A Fulani Man To govern Nigeria Now - Cramjones by Rose2014: 2:55am On Apr 27, 2015
You said Fulanis are better to rule Nigeria now because they don't lie hence can fight corruption. How can u generalise for a whole tribe like that? How many Fulanis have u met?

Now If your generalization is true, Then I guess you're saying that Buhari is a ruthless murderer cos last time I checked, it's herdsmen from his tribe that kill innocent Nigerians ruthlessly.
If ALL Fulanis tell the truth, it simply means ALL Fulanis are murderers too and where is the so called integrity n truth when they oppress and kill innocent people in their own land?

And to think They kill your Yoruba brothers all the time but of course that means nothing to you. Imagine while 'Fulani herdsmen killing in Benue' is still fresh on frontpage, you come up with this? Praising them that they fear no one n they're very ruthless?
If your family member was killed by those herdsmen, will you be posting this nonsense here?
I honestly used to think cramjones is more articulate than this but alas I'm wrong

My advise to you is to just keep quiet. Buhari has won and I don't know why you still seem so restless.

He'll give you the 'special adviser' appointment you're looking for(if you qualify) but there's certainly no need for this silly thread

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why It Is Best For A Fulani Man To govern Nigeria Now - Cramjones by asadike(f): 4:41am On Apr 27, 2015
Very biased write up. Shame !

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why It Is Best For A Fulani Man To govern Nigeria Now - Cramjones by Nobody: 6:28am On Apr 27, 2015
dunkem21:
Of course, am offended by your description of the tribes ..and if your tribe is included in the bashing, then certainly, you are Yoruba grin ..I see as you bash them well well grin

That said, Integrity is one of the virtues learnt that distinguishes one from another and cannot be by the virtue of any tribe. We can mention Fulanis that are thieves, and Yorubas with impeccable integrity ..You are totally wrong and an insult on our sensibilities for insinuating that majority of our cultures support corruption while some inculcate integrity traits.

https://www.nairaland.com/2279223/fulani-gunmen-kill-30-benue ..I hope "killing is not corruption"

I think you need a 9 week crash course from barcanista grin
I was glad that Cramjones mentioned Nasir elrufai! The same El Rufai that gave more than 10plots of Abuja lands to his wife, children, relatives and even gf when he was Minister? Is there any moral justification here?

Anyway, it won't be good to tribalise offices but the assertion is flopped!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why It Is Best For A Fulani Man To govern Nigeria Now - Cramjones by Volksfuhrer(m): 9:56am On Apr 27, 2015
When trouble sleeps, yanga go wake am...

Op, don't worry. Tanoids and ethnic bigots will soon flood this thread.

But on a more serious note, a topic like this should be limited to a beer parlour somewhere. This is quite unnecessary! If truly GMB has designated a portfolio for you in his government, I wonder what advice you'd be giving him!

There's nothing statesmanly about this submission.
Re: Why It Is Best For A Fulani Man To govern Nigeria Now - Cramjones by U235weapongrade: 10:34am On Apr 27, 2015
Cramjones, how far dat buhari appointment...
Me wud like to be ur P.A when ur buhari's S.A..
Pls think about it..

Cheers..
Re: Why It Is Best For A Fulani Man To govern Nigeria Now - Cramjones by Nobody: 7:38pm On Apr 27, 2015
I like this old troll cheesy cheesy cheesy.

(1) (Reply)

Explosive Letter: Under Your Watch, General Minimah Became Richest Coas; / Can Anybody Confirm Who Exactly Is In This Pic / Buhari's Fight Against Corruption Has Become A Circus!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.