Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,814 members, 7,956,078 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:35 AM

Primate Okoh Urges Gen Buhari To Ignore Party Defectors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Primate Okoh Urges Gen Buhari To Ignore Party Defectors (602 Views)

PDP In Secret Talks With Ex-govs, Defectors To APC : Nation / APC shuts its doors against PDP defectors / I Won't Appoint PDP Defectors As Ministers - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Primate Okoh Urges Gen Buhari To Ignore Party Defectors by dre11(m): 8:28am On Apr 27, 2015
By Chimaobi Nwaiwu
ARCHBISHOP Metropolitan and Primate of Anglican Church of Nigeria, Most Revd Nicholas Okoh, yesterday, called on President- elect, General Muhammadu Buhari, not to give any politician defecting from his party to join All Progressives Congress, APC, any position in his government, describing such people as lacking in credibility. He said,“If I were the President-elect, I will not give them anything because they are not people to be trusted. They lack credibility, they are people who are destroying the country, and they did not work for the party so why are they joining the party now.”
Archibishop Okoh, who spoke at All Saints Cathedral, Onitsha, Anambra State, shortly after the consecration of three Bishops, said: “The administration is a new one, it has set its programmes and the person who needs advice is not the new government but Nigerians. They need the cooperation of Nigerians to make their programmes succeed, so we ask Nigerians to please cooperate with them in our own interest, because if we cooperate they will do good work but if we don’t, they cannot do anything.”
He urged the incoming government to ensure it kept to its campaign promises, stressing, “We know no government can touch everything in the comprehensiveness of human life, so they cannot do everything, it is the duty of the incoming government to study those areas, particularly the embodiment of their campaign promises. I believe it was the manifesto that enabled them win, so they should look at it and see that they implement it.”
Archbishop Okoh, while consecrating the three Bishops, told them to “be shepherd and not a wolf to the flock of Christ, feed them and do not devour them, seek the lost, uphold the weak, restore health to the sick, lift the down trodden, ensure discipline but forget not mercy, be so merciful and be not too remiss.” He thanked the governor of Anambra State, Chief Willie Obiano, for hosting and accommodating them, adding that the governor was committed to neutralizing the relationship between the Roman Catholics and the Anglicans Church in Anambra State.
Governor Willie Obiano, on the occasion, expressed happiness for attending the occasion, saying it was the first time he was witnessing the consecration of three bishops at the same time. “You must not exploit the but grow the flock; you must be honest with them if you want them to respect and obey you and above all be compassionate with them,” he said .

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/primate-okoh-urges-gen-buhari-to-ignore-party-defectors/
Re: Primate Okoh Urges Gen Buhari To Ignore Party Defectors by ijustdey: 8:39am On Apr 27, 2015
He said,“If I were the President-elect, I will not give them anything because they are not people to be trusted. They lack credibility, they are people who are destroying the country, and they did not work for the party so why are they joining the party now.”

true talk bishop...... we only have few credible leaders in this country who are not moved by what they will eat or power
but by the ideology they stand for and also their principles

very few I must say and GMB is one
Re: Primate Okoh Urges Gen Buhari To Ignore Party Defectors by Islie: 11:31am On Apr 27, 2015
http://dailypost.ng/2015/04/27/anglican-primate-advises-buhari-to-ignore-defecting-politicians/

Primate of the Church of Nigeria (Anglican Communion), Most Rev’d Nicholas Okoh, has advised President-elect, Muhammadu Buhari, against giving any position to politicians defecting into the All Progressives Congress, APC. He described such people as lacking in credibility.

This I quiet agree with the Primate

(1) (Reply)

Bolanle Akinwunmi Ambode Opens Up On Husband / Who Becomes PM Had Cameron Lost His Seat But Conservatives Still Won Majority. / The Fall Of Jonathan And The Geo-Political Lessons Not Yet Learnt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.