Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,827 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers (48461 Views)

Why Real Estate Investing Is Better Than A Fixed Deposit Investment / Top 6 Reasons Why Real Estate In Banana Island Is The Most Expensive When Compar / Estate Developers: Mass Housing In Abuja, Nigeria: Smart, Affordable Land Cost! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by GreenerLeaves: 1:30pm On Jun 08, 2015
The earlier post by the lawyer really is an eye opener for all would be land buyers as there really are very many unscrupulous Real Estate Companies out there. Some do not even have an verifiable office addresses and their contact numbers change immediately after getting your money.

Having said that though, as someone who works with a Real Estate Company, I think with proper research and enquiry one can determine which companies do genuine business or not.

In our company, Greenleaves Properties, we make it clear to clients what kind of land we have available for them and the current status of the documentation the land has on it. We have had clients calling to request if we can help them acquire land in so and so locations and we politely decline if we do not property in such areas because from our experience, the best kind of land to offer to your clients is the one which you have full and complete legal authority over. Also it is important to spell out every terms & conditions attached to such a land.

We also don't just sell land on paper. We take our clients to the different land sites they are interested in, so they can have a feel of the environment and the topography of the place. They can also visit these sites themselves without being harassed by any parties whatsoever.

But having said all that, the most important rule of buying land is to always do a proper research, no matter how sweet sounding the marketer's voice is...try as much as possible to research the company and if possible visit the land sites they are offering for sale.

1 Like

Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by masaric: 11:49am On Jun 10, 2015
To protect your properties eg house car etc against thieves and robbers and fireburnt reply me
Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by chommyo: 7:25am On Jun 15, 2015
Please who knows about brickwork real estate cos am about to start paying.Hope they are not fraudulent.
Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by Alaroro(m): 4:10pm On Jun 15, 2015
why should I consider a Career in Property?

angry @ op why are you even worried if people want to keep taking advantage of investors and feeling smart about themselves, then the cheated party should have a police officers number on speed dial to check the smarty pants realtor
Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by PMIcon(m): 11:58am On Jun 20, 2015
babamajor:
Naija and wahala, all dis estate promoters are fraud, I stayed in America Der was a time I got in touch wit most of dem nd dey all say almost same tins, promising heaven nd earth in d estate if u buy frm dem. I told dem to send all der details to a friend in naija who Wil come to see all dey av to offer nd giv advise to who to buy frm, but guess wat my friend advice me not to try it cus all dey advertise is fake nd no guinue papers to back Der claims. As God Wil do it a guy advertise a land on this nairaland in Feb dis year nd I called him to make an enquiries nd frm d way he spoke I was convinced dat he is genuine nd I called my lawyer friend to handle d transaction nd it end well. D house is under construction already without any wahala.
Halleluyah!
Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by PMIcon(m): 12:48pm On Jun 20, 2015
@Lawyer, Great post as usual.
Has anyone done business with Portal Realities Ltd? They are marketing/have marketed Greenwood Estate phase2 Agbara at N60,000 initial deposit & 60k per month over 24months for 648sqms size per plot and Royal Park Estate II at Mowe-Ofada even cheaper(21k monthly) only that this one is over 35months
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by Twensons(m): 4:13pm On Jun 22, 2015
Maybe someone know site like JiJi,ng for find property?
Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by emman44(m): 6:36pm On Jun 23, 2015
Here is another opportunity at your door step, don't miss it.. Buy a good land at the front gate of FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE ABEOKUTA. Where electricity of more than 12hours is guarantee... We do proper investigation of land before we put it up for sale.. You can also use the land to build a Good HOSTEL which will be given u back good profit. A self is nw 130k per year..you can never find a problem in the land you get from us.. Call or whattapp Mr Taiwo on 07066474055 for more information... Grab this great opportunity.....we are the best you can contact for good land that will give u rest of mind.... I will b waiting for your calls..........
Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by Atk1nson(m): 7:09am On Jun 24, 2015
Please has anyone had such experience with PWAN Homes or Oakwood Estates. Pls respond if positive
Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by tobbyboy2011: 8:00pm On Jun 30, 2015
I would like to build a 4 bedroom flat (bungalow) at ikorodu somewhere in Agric and my budget is 5 million. Any interested builder should email me on tobbyboy2011@yahoo.com and send me your best designs to choose from and we can meet up somewhere.

Thank you.
Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by glogirl(f): 8:30am On Jul 09, 2015
Please if you are getting involved with gran imperio developers on any of their essential home estates, make sure your contract states penalties if they default and i promise you, they will default. We bought a 4 bed bungalow and our first payment was feb 2015, with a delivery time of 6 months being august 2014. Well here we are at august 2015 and yet no delivery. Contracts reworked and broken several times.
We dont even know when it will be ready. I need a good lawyer.
Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by glogirl(f): 8:35am On Jul 09, 2015
Guys, something worst than lekki gardens exists and its gran imperio homes. developers of southpoint 1, south point 2, lake view park 2,golden leaf, grand lake estates in lekki. They are selling almost 6 new sites now but have not yet delivered completely on their flagship estate southpoint 1 that commenced february 2015. Who knows, they might finally deliver in 2016 after subscribers have already paid 75% of the total cost as at august 2014.
They are nothing but thieves and I am shouting it from the rooftop.
Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by glogirl(f): 8:39am On Jul 09, 2015
I know they really dont care about their public image but the public cares. So i am talking to people that are considering them. You must have a water tight contract on penalties and pls dont deal with them personally, use a law firm from the onset. It will save you a lot of headache.

2 Likes

Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by cecegorz(m): 11:41am On Jul 10, 2015
glogirl:
Guys, something worst than lekki gardens exists and its gran imperio homes. developers of southpoint 1, south point 2, lake view park 2,golden leaf, grand lake estates in lekki. They are selling almost 6 new sites now but have not yet delivered completely on their flagship estate southpoint 1 that commenced february 2015. Who knows, they might finally deliver in 2016 after subscribers have already paid 75% of the total cost as at august 2014.
They are nothing but thieves and I am shouting it from the rooftop.
You might not be far from the truth.
I was at the SouthPoint 1 last year to check out the place when they were starting out. What put me off in the first place is the narrowness of the rooms, and almost non-existent personal frontal space. So small are the rooms that I'm sure If I move my personal properties to their 3bedroom options, I'll need extra 2 rooms to take in everything.
Recently again, I went there and discovered that not much people has moved in, though most apartments has been completed. I wasn't sure of the reason, but they told me they are putting up another one further down the road.
The only attraction there is for me is the closeness to the express, short distance from the 2nd toll gate, and then that Dreamworld kiddies play ground.
The fact is that all those guys selling 3beds at less than 15m has hidden plans to extort subscribers at the end of the day. I have resorted to buy land and build my dream home with the needed room sizes, and compound space.
These niggers are Shylocks mehn!

1 Like

Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by glogirl(f): 11:58am On Jul 10, 2015
Yes that too. I think southpoint 1 is even ok compared to the slum they are building in lake view 2. Buildings have been squeezed in to every little available space. Its like walking through a maze to navigate that estate. Even southpoint 1 that the initial layout presented 96 apartments now has upto 110 with 10 more terraces built in the car park. Its mind boggling.
The layout they share at the beginning of the sales is not what they end up with. Add another 25%.
They should just try to meet their deadlines. Delays of over 12 months to 18 months is not acceptable anywhere.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Much Does It Cost To Build A Block Of 6 Flats In Enugu? / Lady Laments As Flood Takes Over Her Street Where She Pays N4 Million A Year As / Man's House In Jakande, Lekki Flooded (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.