Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,191 members, 7,818,620 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers - Properties (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers (48477 Views)

Why Real Estate Investing Is Better Than A Fixed Deposit Investment / Top 6 Reasons Why Real Estate In Banana Island Is The Most Expensive When Compar / Estate Developers: Mass Housing In Abuja, Nigeria: Smart, Affordable Land Cost! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by bolorunfem(f): 12:21pm On Nov 19, 2015
Thanks, Lawyer, for this eye-opening thread. My bitter experience is with GOSGRA. They came up with their fraudulent Easter promo and I made an outright payment of N560 for a plot of land somewhere in Ikorodu. Upon request for the promised ''immediate allocation'', the agent started speaking grammar, complaining about certain constraints that would not enable them allocate just yet so I slowed down for them. Around July I made some noise and wrote for refund, only for them to reply me that the process would take up to six months and then they would deduct 20% processing and 10% agency fees from the money that was paid to them 7 months ago. Allocate land, they are not allocating. See me see trouble o!!!

I am seriously warming up for a showdown with them. I sure will come back to update you.

FELLOW FORUMITES, PLS BEWARE OF GOSGRA PROPERTIES & INVESTMENT LTD. THEY ARE A BIG TIME SCAMMERshockedshockedshocked

3 Likes

Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by lawyer(m): 11:10pm On Nov 19, 2015
bolorunfem:
Thanks, Lawyer, for this eye-opening thread. My bitter experience is with GOSGRA. They came up with their fraudulent Easter promo and I made an outright payment of N560 for a plot of land somewhere in Ikorodu. Upon request for the promised ''immediate allocation'', the agent started speaking grammar, complaining about certain constraints that would not enable them allocate just yet so I slowed down for them. Around July I made some noise and wrote for refund, only for them to reply me that the process would take up to six months and then they would deduct 20% processing and 10% agency fees from the money that was paid to them 7 months ago. Allocate land, they are not allocating. See me see trouble o!!!
I am seriously warming up for a showdown with them. I sure will come back to update you.
FELLOW FORUMITES, PLS BEWARE OF GOSGRA PROPERTIES & INVESTMENT LTD. THEY ARE A BIG TIME SCAMMERshockedshockedshocked

Ha!!!! I am so sorry to hear that. That's why I avoid these real estate companies like mad. Please update me as it goes.
Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by orpeeh: 2:40pm On Nov 20, 2015
sir, i want to purchase an acre of land from a family in a village for agricultural purpose but the the family has no proper document, how do i go about it sir?

1 Like

Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by Nobody: 11:26pm On Nov 23, 2015
Greeting Sir, l am interested in a plot of land advertised on NL. Would be going to check it out tomorrow or next. Would like you to do the necessary investigations. Kindly send your contact to uchemaino01@gmail.com. Thanks.
Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by Osas001: 5:43pm On Dec 07, 2015
@Lawyer.... I appreciate your contribution and work to people in ensuring that they purchase the right property, with proper documentation, but it must be stated that in Real Estate development, documentation processing is time consuming and funds are spent continuously in financing the procurement and perfection of Title document and no investor is ready to invest and wait for the time till documentations are out before they start selling.. most times sales, developments are done simultaneously with procurement of documentss.

So if there are issues with the Real Estate company, they are also burden with the greater pain and stress of ensuring the estate is delivered with proper facilities available to the comfort of the estate resident...

Before I get nailed to the cross for writing or throwing out these concerns, can the Lawyer also throw up a thread or a write that advices and talks about the processing of how estate development should be undertaken, or better if the Lawyer can take up on a project and lets see if it's as easy as being viewing from the subscribers corner...

All.am trying to say is that we as a people should be patient sometimes with real estate developers, yes most times developers get carried away with the emergence of new project, but it's the job of your lawyer to be up tight with the real estate company lawyer.. never buy a property from a réal estate firm that does not have a company lawyer...

Thanks.. hope this note sends and interprets it intended message..

And for the lawyer, I have an offer for you Sir. ?

1 Like

Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by beegurl(f): 10:39am On Dec 30, 2015
Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by nduline: 9:56pm On Jan 06, 2016
Pls house, anybody with info about Reliance Economic Advancement Ltd, developer of Real estate in Asaba close to the Asaba airport. I'm about sealing a deal with them. Advice pls!!!
Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by Nobody: 11:57am On Mar 13, 2016
nduline:
Pls house, anybody with info about Reliance Economic Advancement Ltd, developer of Real estate in Asaba close to the Asaba airport. I'm about sealing a deal with them. Advice pls!!!

So far so good with reliance estate. They are just land marketers. They sell d land and hands off.
The only funny thing I see with them is size. Asaba/delta land is measured 100by 100, so reliance splits the plots into two and sells each as a plot (50*100) , making it look cheap.

My neighbour bought two plots from them ( abt two years ago) . he has taken ownership. Fenced it and put security house. He didn't pay much as development fee to the land owners - abt 80k or so. The one he bought is the one close to that border. Heard its few mins from one higher institution like DT.

I will also advise u visit the land after a heavy rainfall. A lot of Asaba lands are in water. He told me he went there after rains and the place is flooded. He can't even drive in to his plot, but d issue will be solved once ppl start building and they put drainage.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Much Does It Cost To Build A Block Of 6 Flats In Enugu? / Lady Laments As Flood Takes Over Her Street Where She Pays N4 Million A Year As / Man's House In Jakande, Lekki Flooded (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.