Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,424 members, 7,843,304 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. (27335 Views)

The Shameless Act Of Ikwerre Fathers Towards Igbos / More Pictorial Confirmation Of APC Shameless Act That Land Inec Official into tr / Buhari Vs AIT: Press Freedom Not Guaranteed By Nigerian Constitution. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by babajero(m): 9:12am On Apr 28, 2015
not4sure:
Buhari didn't barred them from performing their duty but barred them from covering all his function. On Obama case, Fox News never lie or did a documentary or real Obama they were doing their investigative Jounalism. But AIT were very Lazy, and take all opposition leader on a biased story. We know politicians own media house but they just need to be professional not personal. This is a report from Buhari spokesman himself

one question is, thie things ait broadcasted was it a presumption or a fact about buhari.
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by jatthobber(m): 9:12am On Apr 28, 2015
You use someone's late wife and child to mock him , and expect him to rise above it . Would you take the same shit?
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by billyG(m): 9:12am On Apr 28, 2015
lovevictoro:
buhari is a bully. i ve alwayz knw dat
If u like go & drown in Otuoke river,Buhari as a dictator has come 2 stay 4 d nxt 4yrs or more,naija seriously need a broom wielding dictator not a tattered umbrella wielding drunk.
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by OzMingle(m): 9:17am On Apr 28, 2015
Rubbish!!!! AIT damage on Buhari is an affront on who?
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by 1N9a: 9:18am On Apr 28, 2015
nwajoshua:
See goat...wots he doing here..Jonathan allowed sahara reporters.. they infiltrated him and say lies smtimes abt his gvmt but he still tolerated them cos of democracy...do unto others wot ull like others to do to you.
jonathan was in power then so he can't stop them but GMB has nt bn swore in ...so let them wait till then, then they can continue from where they stop.
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by Abdujud: 9:18am On Apr 28, 2015
major466:
Pls bear with me if you find my writeup a bit disorganized. My tablet is yet to arive so am using a small phone to write this piece to express maself about recent development. Thanks for understanding.

I was thrown into a deep shock when i read in the news that President elect, M. Buhari bared media house AIT from covering his activities. Though i wasnt surprised by his action, i was surprise because he's already showing the true nature we knew he was even before swearing in. What sort of democrat bar a media house from covering public activities? Does he think the office of President is he's private property? Who does he think he is? A king? Does he know the meaning of a public servant? Maybe not. Why he's semi illitrate, if not he would have understood that in democracy, the office of the president is not only accountable to the people but also to the Press. That is why freedom of the Press is one of the shining lights of democracy as a form of govenment.

This singular act by Buhari to bar a media organization from covering his activities as president elect just comfirm that he's still the same old dictator that he was 32 years ago. A liar who lied to the world in Chatam house that he was a democrat, banning a media house from covering his activities because of a documentary? Very childish and imature indeed! Does he know what democracy is all about? If he feels pained by a documentary then he has no business in politics.

I remember vividly during the US presidential campaign of 2008 when Fox News network castigated Obama to a point of no return. They made fun of him, ridicule him, called him monkey, fueled his birth certificate issues to the extend that almost got most Americans asking questions about his true country of birth. In the end he had to surrender his birth certificate to the press (unlike Buhari and his school certificate mess). It was a scandal. Plus the many other systematic attacks against his candidacy. Fox news people are racist. Those of you who watched that channel during and after the Presidential campaigns will know what am talking about. But ever since Barack Obama won the Presidency of the United States, not ones did Obama vent out his anger to revenge against fox news. Why? Because he understood the principles of democracy. As a private individual no media house will bother you. But as soon as you become a politician, the eyes of the press makes a microscopic look at your personality. The media will not only scrutinize your past but will also go way back in time to study your childhood background. Any shocking revelation will be brought to the public front. That is the way it is in democracy especially in advance societies like USA. Even our dear GEJ was not speared from the hard scrutinizing lens of the press, sometimes personal and insulting attacks against him. Did he ever vent out his anger by baring them from covering his activities? No. Why? Because he like Obama understood the principles of Democracy. He understood that press freedom is paramount in democracy. Thats why Nigerians of all ages can express themselves freely without fear of being arrested. This is the beauty of Democracy and freedom. For Buhari to lower himself like a child who got his azz kicked by his cousin to trample upon Freedom of Press shows that he's nothing but thesame old dictator in civilian clothes.
Just like someone said, like OBJ like Buhari. Both dictators in civilian clothing.

BTW, I hear many Buhari followers giving excuses that he has the right to bar AIT citing privacy as reasons. Sure i completely agree that every individual on the planet deserves the right to privacy. That ofcouse is a fundamental human right. But they however failed to note that as soon as an individual becomes a public official in the position of a President elect, privacy becomes a secondary issue. Infact privacy is not an excuss to bar a media organization from performing its function by investigating Buhari's activites as president elect.

Idiot like you are not In Nigeria when the same AIT brought out their "Documentary"? This is not d Matter of Dictator, Media needs to be reformed, I expect Bukhaaree to deal with them and serve as an example for other media. They should not accept any PoliticianS to paste them with Bad name..
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by jerusalem101: 9:20am On Apr 28, 2015
The failure to understand the principles of Democracy and the significant of Press will become a major set back to the incoming administration. Please let someone educate GMB that the moment he became the President-elect, he lost his private life and assume a public entity, which means that even his urine has implications for the public.
I believe he need a neutral advisers not those with particular agenda (revenge/hate) or else the worst fear of Nigerians will become a reality.

1 Like

Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by ogene007: 9:20am On Apr 28, 2015
Buhari has started providing his naive followers with an indication of what lies ahead. He has started his war against press freedom and we shall all see where it all ends. We reiterate that within 6 months, Buhari's followers will come to know that they have all been scammed and the struggle to reclaim nigeria from this despot will begin.

1 Like

Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by suleimannas(m): 9:21am On Apr 28, 2015
major466:

You need a lot of education about democracy and th freedom of press in a Presidential system of government. Did i hear you say fox news were professional in their work What is professional about calling someone derogative names Clearly you dont watch fox news.
foxnews were not professional according to U.accepted. buh is dat enough reason for AIT not to b professional as well What is ur point sef?
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by major466(m): 9:23am On Apr 28, 2015
realborn:
@Post,

This is indeed an era of puerile, childish and immature opposition under PDP. So sad how the mighty have fallen.

Imagine begging someone you loathe, received gratification against, got sanctioned because of, and hate so much to cover his private event at his residence without an apology on your past shameful and below par conduct. Chai, serious lesson to learn.

From May 29, the President elect will become a public official. For now, AIT should move all their crew to cover the incumbent President GEJ and his deserted kingdom.!
Buhari became a public official the moment he became president elect.
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by jmaine: 9:25am On Apr 28, 2015
major466:

Buhari became a public official the moment he became president elect.

I just hope they all understand this rudimentary fact . . . . . .It's even more absurd to hear them call the Defense house Buhari private residence embarassed

1 Like

Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by ikkkkk: 9:36am On Apr 28, 2015
goodluckbabs:
[s] Igbo are d Nigeria’s problems. Imagine richnidigbo use his dirty mouth calling Buhari a dictator. And u called ur clueless brother a democrat. Igbos are complete animals no wonder ur greedy and useless brother studies Zoology. Haters should go and die inside oturoke Riverside. God go punish all of u. Amen.[/s]

You and Your entire family aint better than the Igbos.
You are a Bastard and ur mum was probably a LovePeddler. rotten dead body. ozu isi.
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by steppin: 9:36am On Apr 28, 2015
payan:
I cant just laugh enof. Is an independent AIT a media house or PDP media house? Can we call it a one man business that does not know what it means to be in that sector? Pls push that AIT aside. Is Channels not in the same Nigeria with AIT? What of Silverbird? Is it not in the same country we have MITV and co. You dont eat your cake and still have it. If I say i dont want a called media house to cover my event, how does that become and head-ache to others. I know certainly AIT will pay dearly for their unprofessionalism during that campaign era. Sorry i cant even remember that last time i tuned to that channel.
Lots of children in this thread.
You sound like someone who has no clue at all.

1 Like

Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by Victortee1(m): 9:36am On Apr 28, 2015
Mr op. Obama banned Fox. Get facts b4 u post na. Haba.

Buhari killed his wife and injected sickle cell into his daughter who later died because he hated her.- AIT
D family simply said" stay away from us, if na u nko o?
major466:
Pls bear with me if you find my writeup a bit disorganized. My tablet is yet to arive so am using a small phone to write this piece to express maself about recent development. Thanks for understanding.

I was thrown into a deep shock when i read in the news that President elect, M. Buhari bared media house AIT from covering his activities. Though i wasnt surprised by his action, i was surprise because he's already showing the true nature we knew he was even before swearing in. What sort of democrat bar a media house from covering public activities? Does he think the office of President is he's private property? Who does he think he is? A king? Does he know the meaning of a public servant? Maybe not. Why he's semi illitrate, if not he would have understood that in democracy, the office of the president is not only accountable to the people but also to the Press. That is why freedom of the Press is one of the shining lights of democracy as a form of govenment.

This singular act by Buhari to bar a media organization from covering his activities as president elect just comfirm that he's still the same old dictator that he was 32 years ago. A liar who lied to the world in Chatam house that he was a democrat, banning a media house from covering his activities because of a documentary? Very childish and imature indeed! Does he know what democracy is all about? If he feels pained by a documentary then he has no business in politics.

I remember vividly during the US presidential campaign of 2008 when Fox News network castigated Obama to a point of no return. They made fun of him, ridicule him, called him monkey, fueled his birth certificate issues to the extend that almost got most Americans asking questions about his true country of birth. In the end he had to surrender his birth certificate to the press (unlike Buhari and his school certificate mess). It was a scandal. Plus the many other systematic attacks against his candidacy. Fox news people are racist. Those of you who watched that channel during and after the Presidential campaigns will know what am talking about. But ever since Barack Obama won the Presidency of the United States, not ones did Obama vent out his anger to revenge against fox news. Why? Because he understood the principles of democracy. As a private individual no media house will bother you. But as soon as you become a politician, the eyes of the press makes a microscopic look at your personality. The media will not only scrutinize your past but will also go way back in time to study your childhood background. Any shocking revelation will be brought to the public front. That is the way it is in democracy especially in advance societies like USA. Even our dear GEJ was not speared from the hard scrutinizing lens of the press, sometimes personal and insulting attacks against him. Did he ever vent out his anger by baring them from covering his activities? No. Why? Because he like Obama understood the principles of Democracy. He understood that press freedom is paramount in democracy. Thats why Nigerians of all ages can express themselves freely without fear of being arrested. This is the beauty of Democracy and freedom. For Buhari to lower himself like a child who got his azz kicked by his cousin to trample upon Freedom of Press shows that he's nothing but thesame old dictator in civilian clothes.
Just like someone said, like OBJ like Buhari. Both dictators in civilian clothing.

BTW, I hear many Buhari followers giving excuses that he has the right to bar AIT citing privacy as reasons. Sure i completely agree that every individual on the planet deserves the right to privacy. That ofcouse is a fundamental human right. But they however failed to note that as soon as an individual becomes a public official in the position of a President elect, privacy becomes a secondary issue. Infact privacy is not an excuss to bar a media organization from performing its function by investigating Buhari's activites as president elect.
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by richiepolymer(m): 9:36am On Apr 28, 2015
major466:

Did AIT not go against the broadcasting codes? How many times did NBC call them to order? Did they jeed the call? Let's not politicize what's going on. Why was channels not banned? And mind you. GMB has a right to choose whoever to cover his events. Its his right too. By the time NBC will start working effectively I hope you know those stations will be sanctioned appropriately. angry don't even try to give us this hogwash

1 Like

Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by 2naira50kobo: 9:40am On Apr 28, 2015
iliyande:
Sorry, not tribalism, but Igbos are trying so hard to find a fault from buhari. Why? He will assume his duty in may why in hurry? For now he have every right to his privacy.

**HAS
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by IGBOSON1: 9:42am On Apr 28, 2015
iliyande:
Sorry, not tribalism, but Igbos are trying so hard to find a fault from buhari. Why? He will assume his duty in may why in hurry? For now he have every right to his privacy.

^^^I'm sure Igbos pursue you in your sleep!

1 Like

Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by Nobody: 9:42am On Apr 28, 2015
If Buhari does no tread softly, the same press that made him will destroy him.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by major466(m): 9:46am On Apr 28, 2015
Banter1:
But when they were airing that hate speech against his person and his late wife and child, you didn't see anything wrong with it right? PHUCK YOU
When Sahara reporters , The Nation and Leadership newspapers were writting lies against GEJ government you didn't see anything wrong with that
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by zinger84: 9:48am On Apr 28, 2015
I am a staunch supporter of Buhari but this action is not right. For fellow Nigerians to be defending him is unbelievable. DO you know what freedom of the press means? And for some to make it a tribal issue is just unbelievable. This is ehy we never move forward in this country. Once the person you like is in power all his actions are good. The painful thing is that I believe 90% of Nairaland Members are 35 and below. Then we have no future.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by cutepaul(m): 9:50am On Apr 28, 2015
Kolade354:
Dont mind dose igbos.....they will never see anyting gud in Buhari.........Bunch of Bigot so silly lyk Apga.

mods do the needfull.....pls ban this guys lineage from nl
Cc: ikenna351 afam4eva
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by major466(m): 9:53am On Apr 28, 2015
jmaine:

I just hope they all understand this rudimentary fact . . . . . .It's even more absurd to hear them call the Defense house Buhari private residence embarassed
They still dont understand what it means to be a President elect. Their use of privacy as reasons for baring AIT is very Ridiculous.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by cutepaul(m): 9:53am On Apr 28, 2015
goodluckbabs:
Igbo are d Nigeria’s problems. Imagine richnidigbo use his dirty mouth calling Buhari a dictator. And u called ur clueless brother a democrat. Igbos are complete animals no wonder ur greedy and useless brother studies Zoology. Haters should go and die inside oturoke Riverside. God go punish all of u. Amen.

mods......needful please

Cc ikenna351 afam4eva
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by Kolade354(m): 9:54am On Apr 28, 2015
cutepaul:

mods do the needfull.....Fvk You nl
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by Kolade354(m): 9:56am On Apr 28, 2015
The role of the media should not be taken lightly, Go and Read how the media Aid Genocide in Rwanda.
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by gentlezypher: 9:58am On Apr 28, 2015
goodluckbabs:
Igbo are d Nigeria’s problems. Imagine richnidigbo use his dirty mouth calling Buhari a dictator. And u called ur clueless brother a democrat. Igbos are complete animals no wonder ur greedy and useless brother studies Zoology. Haters should go and die inside oturoke Riverside. God go punish all of u. Amen.
people like you make me weep for Nigeria, yet you call yourself leader of tomorrow, its people like you that cause xenophobia, you need training, Grow up man!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by godwin120alex: 9:59am On Apr 28, 2015
We will know our fate very soon
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by tubabainc(m): 10:00am On Apr 28, 2015
He did not bar AIT as the president,he did as the president-electwhich is no official designation.This is private citizen Buhari and not President Buhari.If the AIT and some other media showed such level of bias and acrimony against the person of General Buhari during thecampaigns,i think it is justified for him to keep the media house at arm's lenght for now till they can sort their inadequacies.The media house should thank its star that General Buhari is not bringing a law suit.There could have been a valid case of character defamation stemming fromthose repugnant and repulsive video clips that the station aired against the personality. Meanwhile,General Buhari will not be a perfect president but those who seek to constitute irrelevant opposition to his every move even if backed by popular opinion are welcome to do that.I know the story of the man who waited at the river bank for the crab to sleep and the one that wanted to collect rainwater in a basket.
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by cutepaul(m): 10:02am On Apr 28, 2015
[quote author=Kolade354 post=33190686][/quote]

Mr kolade354 ur just a brute who can't respect other ppls views nor their tribes........also fraudulence lies in ur personality as witnessed above by ur editing of my post.......well I forgive u and May God have mercy on ur soul!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by Chiaka(f): 10:08am On Apr 28, 2015
abduljabbar4:
I used to hate topics like this but now I find them funny

That's the spirit of democracy!
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by major466(m): 10:12am On Apr 28, 2015
Mynd44:

AIT is free to cover public functions just like any other media house.

They were told to stay away due to security reasons and they might be a breach to the President elect's security.

What argument are you raising? If he is at a program, they can attend na
Citing security reasons for baring a media house from covering his activities does not hold water. Were the journalist found with some kind of weapon? He deliberately single out AIT because of the Documentary. Now many of you will say they were not professional in their activities. Then i ask, what is professionalism Is it when a media house do what you like Air programes to support your candidacy Does it mean that the media has to dance to the tune of the government in airing or writting articles the government like Where is the place for opposition Isnt that an affront on press freedom When TVC, Sahara reporters, Leadership news papers where busing dishing out falsehood against GEJ did he bar them from covering his activities Buhari is free to go to court if he feels the documentary aired against him was false but baring them from the defence house to cover his activities is an action that shows intolerance, witchhunt and gag of press freedom.
The defence house where the President elect is lodged temporarily is a public structure like Aso Rock owned collectively by the people of Nigeria. That place is not Buhari's private property.
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by Kolade354(m): 10:12am On Apr 28, 2015
cutepaul:

Mr kolade354 ur just a man who respect other ppls views and their tribes..............well I hate u and May God have mercy on ur soul!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Anambra Guber: Gov Obiano Heads Soludo’s Campaign Council / Exclusive Pictures Of Jos Dry Port, With Analysis By Dr Chinnan Mclean / Fact-Check: Did DSS Arrest Aminu Muhammed On Aisha Buhari’s Directive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.