Stats: 3,160,857 members, 7,844,776 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. (27348 Views)

The Shameless Act Of Ikwerre Fathers Towards Igbos / More Pictorial Confirmation Of APC Shameless Act That Land Inec Official into tr / Buhari Vs AIT: Press Freedom Not Guaranteed By Nigerian Constitution. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by komek(m): 2:05pm On Apr 28, 2015
cdialauka:
With the level of "hate-journalism" (my phrase) practiced by AIT before, during and even after the campaigns, it is right and justifiable if the security detail attached to Buhari temporarily bans them until after the swearing-in at least. My reasoning is informed by events that led to the Afghan war where a suicide bomber dressed as a journalist blew himself up killing Abu Maqhood who was opposed to the Taliban Govt. while pointing a microphone at him at a press conference. Remember George Bush jr. dodging shoes also at a packed press conference in Iraq? More importantly, it is not distant memory that Gen. Buhari escaped a suicide attack in Kaduna thus, taking precautionary measures against a hostile TV station is pre-emptive thinking and perfectly reasonable.

Gentle men and ladies, when you are making your point please remove sentiment out of it. am not a PDP person but am not in support of BUHARI in this he can banned AIT in his home in kastina not in NIGERIAN DEFENCE HOUSE and more buhari should know better that the day he made himself available for this public job he seize to have private life. his the elected president of NIGERIA not buhari,s Family. in this country the laws of freedom of information bill is still active and should be respected. what he did is too childish to my liking in era of democracy . go online ready about OBAMA and FOX NEWS in 2008 presidential race in USA, what FOX NEWS did to obama did AIT do half of it to Buhari but after the election did you hear or see obama banning FOX. in politics opposition is allowed and is the back bone of democracy, Buhari should be careful cos this is just the beginning the comedians has not used him for their jokes, the social medias has not rain course on him as they did to GEJ. the musicians has not used him to sing and his behaving like this, his should not disgrace Nigeria in the international community.

Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by Nobody: 2:38pm On Apr 28, 2015
ilovecritics:
GEJ HAS BEEN CLEARED BY GOD, NIGERIANS AND HUMANITY.
He is 100x the man Buhari can ever be..

I am proud to have existed in his time - Buhari will soon show his real old colour.
A deranged pack of nitwits (I mentioned no-name(s)) have voted for dictatorship once more!!

Mods: Abeg; i no call person name ooh!!

You are covered..
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by Nobody: 2:41pm On Apr 28, 2015
iliyande:
Sorry, not tribalism, but Igbos are trying so hard to find a fault from buhari. Why? He will assume his duty in may why in hurry? For now he has every right to his privacy.

Just want to add.

Please don't be offended by my reply my Igbo brothers. But if anyone want to take census of Igbos in nairaland. he should just involve buhari vs ibos. I am still not tribalistic oooooo. lipsrsealed

Hello, if Buhari can bar AIT when he is President elect without being sworn in, just be sincere with yourself, what will he do when he is sworn in ?

One chance..

That moment of truth when someone knows he has made a mistake but chooses to exalt his pride above conscience and good judgement..
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by major466(m): 3:07pm On Apr 28, 2015
ommo:

Please get your facts right! In as much as i do not support the restricting of freedom of the Press. In the case of Fox news, the media house was blocked from White house correspondence, and the Obama administration made sure no information or state correspondence passed through directly and officially to the generally public. They had to get information from other sources other than the official channels. In his first tenure has U.S president, his press secretary frustrate made sure Fox news was unofficially barred from accessing information from the White House. Fox news had to accuse the government of deliberately preventing it from accessing white house official functions. The white house decided to use other media outlets like cnn news, abcnews etc to inform the american public of their day to day activities.

Aljazzera english news channel had to run a short documentary (if i will call it that for want of words) on this media blackout of Fox news on one of their programmes called the Listening Post.

Please lets not always made the Westerns world look holier than thus, because historically, i know of many western governments that have than the same thing and even worse. Thanks
There is difference between not patronizing a media house and restriction. In the case of Obama and fox news, the white house refused to patronized them, nor did they take questions from them during press comferences. That is allowed if the government feels uncomfortable with a particular media house. But never where they bared from attending white house activities or press comferences.
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by Gamesmart: 5:55pm On Apr 28, 2015
queensmith:
I agree with this - idiotic move the man is already messing up!!

still a better option than GEJ!

Since when is a president elect who is already performing presidential functions entitled to privacy? Since when?

This is Buhari being petty

Even a President is not obliged to allow riff-raffs and frauds to come into his circle and events just because they falsely wear the tag "journalists".
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by pauloche2000: 7:21pm On Apr 28, 2015
I feel so sorry for some idiots who stil have grudges that buhari emerges winner@the poll..wia were u wen d union of journalism lambasted ait that that dey breach the role n ethics of journalism. If buhari barred ait or whatever thr names are for family reasons I won't say a word against him cos he's stil not swear in as president so y is ait lobbying to be part of his other issues. As for me ait is an embrassment to journalism if at all dey kno wats journalism n not only buhari even outside world there are people of influence that never will want all media to be part of there events. So quote me anywia if buhari said ait should not cover his event for d time being y are u shouting and ranting like toothless dogs and fanaticals.. Pls buhari has the right like any other nigerian to protect his dignity pls...
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by Horlufemi(m): 9:27pm On Apr 28, 2015
Buhari: I will fight corruption

AIT: Buhari vows to jail all past leaders.

Maybe he doesn't want AIT to quote him wrongly simply because they are unprofessional.
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by LFJ: 10:20pm On Apr 28, 2015
major466:

You need a lot of education about democracy and th freedom of press in a Presidential system of government. Did i hear you say fox news were professional in their work What is professional about calling someone derogative names Clearly you dont watch fox news.

I am happy to be part of those who will watch how the enemies of our national progress will cry in pains and frustration over the next four years. Where was your voice when AIT engaged in unprofessional attack on GMB?

You went straight to condemn the General without admit and condemn the unethical conduct of AIT.
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by mobaking: 11:35pm On Apr 28, 2015
AIT no get problem,no mind Buhari.Just relocate to Otuoke and start covering ex presido Jona at the various palmy joints for that side after may 29 LOL

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ambode Was Unhappy Because Of Tinubu’s Overbearing Nature – Dominic / Twitter Deletes Simon Ekpa's Tweet Threatening Joe Igbokwe With Death / Musiliu Obanikoro Finally Dumps PDP, Joins APC