Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,916 members, 7,817,687 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

How To Tell Your Relationship Is So Over - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Tell Your Relationship Is So Over (4319 Views)

My Relationship Is Officially Over / My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please / After Sex, Do You Tell Your Partner, "Thank You" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Tell Your Relationship Is So Over by lakesida: 2:48am On Apr 28, 2015
Is your relationship falling apart in front of your very own eyes?

It’s easy to know if your young love or seasoned marriage is inching closer to the edge of the precipice, ready to take a freefall to its death.

All you have to do is ask yourself if you’re happy in the relationship with your lover.

If you’re happy, or at least content, well, chances are, you’re doing alright for now.

But if you’re experiencing a prolonged state of unhappiness or dissatisfaction in your love life, there’s a very good chance that things are not all jumpy and dandy in love land.

20 signs to know if your relationship is definitely over

Do you ever get that niggling thought at the back of your mind that, perhaps, your relationship may be doomed?

Read these 20 signs and ask yourself if you experience any of these signs. Or send these signs to your partner and ask them if they can relate to these signs.

If either of you experience more than just a few of these telltale signs in your rocky romance, perhaps it’s time to have that we-need-to-talk conversation!

#1 You don’t respect your partner anymore. You think your partner is a good person, but deep within, you don’t admire them or think their words are worth your time. If you don’t think your partner is worth your admiration, in all probability, you may be looking down at your partner or perhaps even feel embarrassed by them!

#2 Spending time together is boring. Both of you just don’t have anything to talk about anymore. Silence in conversations is a sign of comfort, but in your case, it makes you feel awkward or want to yawn! There are no little talks anymore, and your partner’s company just bores you to death.

#3 You don’t care. You don’t really care about your partner or what they’re doing with their life. You’re selfish and you’re only concerned with your own life, your own achievements and your own happiness. This may make you feel uneasy to accept, but you know it’s the truth.

#4 Your eyes wander. You think you love your significant other, but you can’t stop your eyes from looking all around you all the time. You start finding another person or two a lot more interesting and exciting.
But don’t be ashamed if you do, because this is a lot more common than you think. After all, if you don’t find your partner attractive anymore, can you help yourself from falling for someone else?

#5 Your partner is full of flaws. You can’t help but constantly pick flaws in your husband or wife. All the time! Every time you see them, or every time they do something, they just seem to be riddled with flaws and imperfections.

#6 You’re not emotionally connected anymore. You’re indifferent to your partner’s feelings and thoughts. You may pretend to care about your boyfriend or girlfriend, but deep inside, you know you don’t really give a damn about what your partner is feeling or what they’re up to. You love your partner, but you don’t want to involve yourself so deep that you have to play a part in making them feel better about themselves.

#7 Staying in touch is a chore. You hate having to constantly call or text your partner to keep them updated about your life when you aren’t around them. Even if it’s just calling each other a couple of times a day, it just annoys you because you feel like you have to report to someone about where you are and what you’re doing.

#8 You can’t see a future together. There are no talks about the future between the both of you. And your partner no longer plays a pivotal role in your big scheme of things. If there are any thoughts on the future, the last person you think of is your significant other!

#9 Your happy fantasies. You fantasize about your life without your partner. In your fantasy, you’re either dating someone else or just being single and hopping from one partner to another. And those dreams actually make you drool!

#10 Daily lives. You don’t tell your partner about your daily events. And you don’t ask your partner about their day. And frankly, you don’t care!
#11 Your partner annoys you easily. You try not to hate the things your partner does, but even the smallest things they do piss you off to no end!

#12 No sex. It’s not that you hate sex, but somehow you don’t enjoy having sex with your partner anymore. You like sex, but having sex with your partner feels so dispassionate and boring.

#13 Fluttering eyes. You’ve started flirting with someone else behind your partner’s back. And even if your partner feels threatened and tells you to avoid this person, you just don’t care about your partner’s insecurity. On the other hand, even if you realize that your partner is flirting with someone else, you don’t feel jealous about it *a little disgusted perhaps!*.

#14 The worst side. You’re really nice to everyone and you always put your best foot forward in public. But unintentionally, you realize that you show your worst side to your partner. And you do nothing to change yourself or portray yourself in better light in front of your lover.

#15 No miss-you’s. You don’t ever miss your partner when they aren’t around. In fact, just spending some away time from each other gives you that moment of bliss you’ve been longing for!

#16 You crave for space and privacy. Your partner just seems to be around you all the time. And you hate it! If you’re on Facebook and your partner peeps into your screen, you don’t know why, but you just want to box their face. You love space and keep distance from your partner when you’re trying to relax.

#17 Everything your partner says is stupid. Your partner just looks like an idiot to you! When they talk or try to explain something, all their words vanish into a haze and all you hear is m-o-r-o-n!

#18 Comparisons galore! You start comparing your partner to all the other guys or girls that you fancy, and you always feel like you’ve got the shorter end of the stick. All your friends seem to have better and more understanding partners than you. And that irritates you more!

#19 Your partner saps your energy. You feel drained, annoyed and tired after spending time with your partner. You try to have a nice time with them, but the constant arguments and differences in opinions just tires you and makes you want to run away mid-conversation.

#20 You look out. You haven’t ever considered ending the relationship, but mentally you start searching for a backup! And you start fantasizing about this other person, or looking for ways to spend more time with this romantic backup. The romantic backup may be a good friend who gives you a shoulder to lean on, but before you know it, both of you may end up in an emotional affair whether you acknowledge it or not!

Recognizing these 20 signs to tell if your relationship is over is really easy. The difficult part isn’t acknowledging it either, it’s understanding what you intend to do about it

http://www.peeptrendz.com/2015/03/must-read-how-to-tell-your-relationship.html
Cc: lalasticlala

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Tell Your Relationship Is So Over by izuch(m): 2:54am On Apr 28, 2015
Fp material. MOD's do the needful

1 Like

Re: How To Tell Your Relationship Is So Over by Cholls(m): 3:24am On Apr 28, 2015
my brother what can i say?. I will make sure my relationship is a season film so it wont be over.
Re: How To Tell Your Relationship Is So Over by eunisam: 4:05am On Apr 28, 2015
Interesting but doesn't interest me enough.
Re: How To Tell Your Relationship Is So Over by MizAlero(f): 6:44am On Apr 28, 2015
@Op,Nyc one...kip it up
Re: How To Tell Your Relationship Is So Over by lakesida: 6:58am On Apr 28, 2015
MizAlero:
@Op,Nyc one...kip it up

Thanks
Re: How To Tell Your Relationship Is So Over by lakesida: 7:00am On Apr 28, 2015
Cholls:
my brother what can i say?. I will make sure my relationship is a season film so it wont be over.

plus include a lot of adverts... hehehehe
Re: How To Tell Your Relationship Is So Over by naijaboiy: 7:48am On Apr 28, 2015
Checked.
Re: How To Tell Your Relationship Is So Over by dechandel(f): 7:53am On Apr 28, 2015
When he starts a convo with "have you eaten"?? grin
Re: How To Tell Your Relationship Is So Over by Nobody: 8:06am On Apr 28, 2015
Nice one Op. cheesy

There is something about MAKING IT WORK!

Just to let you know: I know there comes a time when the best thing to do is part ways.

Making It Work? Yea. I know some ladies like this thread just for one reason- No Patience.

You don't just feel some of these "symptoms" and opt out simply because you have an eye on another guy and are tired of the present guy.

"Have you eaten?" Ha, is that also a sign? wink - I know that's a joke.

The main reason people opt out of relationships as they do outa bed is because they were not committed in the first instance and also most are quite young and thus have "more time" to explore other guys and girls.

Until you get to that point when you really wanna settle down, all those of excuses wouldn't really matter after all. smiley.
Re: How To Tell Your Relationship Is So Over by AsanwaKC(f): 8:08am On Apr 28, 2015
is there still hope after all these........
Re: How To Tell Your Relationship Is So Over by lakesida: 8:19am On Apr 28, 2015
AsanwaKC:
is there still hope after all these........

the best thing is take a break and clear your mind. I believe then, you will be able to rethink and rmb how u guys started. Its a way to rekindle the lost interest.
This happens at one stage or the other. Just rethink. A relationship is bound to av probs.
How would you behave if you two are married when you will have a lot of problems? opt for his brother or friend?
The guy you are actually fantasizing about, same will happen sooner or later.
Its a cycle, all u have to do is control the frequency.

2 Likes

Re: How To Tell Your Relationship Is So Over by JoeCutie(m): 8:26am On Apr 28, 2015
dechandel:
Lmao. What is he supposed to start with? grin
Re: How To Tell Your Relationship Is So Over by JoeCutie(m): 8:29am On Apr 28, 2015
Phew! 20 things... lipsrsealed

So f#cking true! embarassed

3 Likes

Re: How To Tell Your Relationship Is So Over by zealot4me(f): 8:36am On Apr 28, 2015
so true...Op are there are ways to make it work again?
Re: How To Tell Your Relationship Is So Over by Nobody: 8:42am On Apr 28, 2015
MizAlero:
@Op,Nyc one...kip it up
hey beautiful angel, hw are u doing?
Re: How To Tell Your Relationship Is So Over by Dygeasy(m): 8:44am On Apr 28, 2015
zealot4me:
Don't fight it. In fact don't sweat it out. Just flow till it eventually ends or take a break.
Re: How To Tell Your Relationship Is So Over by Dygeasy(m): 8:45am On Apr 28, 2015
dechandel:
That's not even bad.

It's worse if she replies with "Food" with all seriousness. cry grin
Re: How To Tell Your Relationship Is So Over by dechandel(f): 8:51am On Apr 28, 2015
Dygeasy:
That's not even bad.

It's worse if she replies with "Food" with all seriousness. cry grin
Someone is writing from experience abi? grin tongue
JoeCutie:
Lmao. What is he supposed to start with? grin
Obviously he is out of words to worry about her tummy as a convo starter grin grin
Re: How To Tell Your Relationship Is So Over by Nobody: 8:52am On Apr 28, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: How To Tell Your Relationship Is So Over by MizAlero(f): 8:52am On Apr 28, 2015
sweetorgasm:
hey beautiful angel, hw are u doing?
A gud mrng 2 u
Re: How To Tell Your Relationship Is So Over by Dygeasy(m): 8:54am On Apr 28, 2015
dechandel:
lol!
Re: How To Tell Your Relationship Is So Over by JoeCutie(m): 9:07am On Apr 28, 2015
dechandel:
Obviously he is out of words to worry about her tummy as a convo starter grin grin
Okay, but you'll help him out by starting the convo na grin
Re: How To Tell Your Relationship Is So Over by zealot4me(f): 9:08am On Apr 28, 2015
Dygeasy:
Don't fight it. In fact don't sweat it out. Just flow till it eventually ends or take a break.

Thanks
Re: How To Tell Your Relationship Is So Over by demmy0325(m): 9:09am On Apr 28, 2015
Re: How To Tell Your Relationship Is So Over by JoeCutie(m): 9:12am On Apr 28, 2015
zealot4me:
The op has married a wife for you (Hey, I know you're an 'f' ), would you also expect him to impregnate her for you? grin

3 Likes

Re: How To Tell Your Relationship Is So Over by zealot4me(f): 9:44am On Apr 28, 2015
JoeCutie:
The op has married a wife for you (Hey, I know you're an 'f' ), would you also expect him to impregnate her for you? grin

Lol OK can u impregnate her for me? (give ya advice)

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How To Tell Your Relationship Is So Over by lakesida: 10:50am On Apr 28, 2015
zealot4me:

2 options:
1. A break will do if truly you have the intention of working it out.
2. But if you have already made up your mind, just end it if you are sure you won't feel any hurt....

If you choose 2, i hope you won't end up with "all guys are the same".

1 Like

Re: How To Tell Your Relationship Is So Over by lakesida: 10:59am On Apr 28, 2015
emusmith:
Nice one Op. cheesy

There is something about MAKING IT WORK!

Just to let you know: I know there comes a time when the best thing to do is part ways.

Making It Work? Yea. I know some ladies like this thread just for one reason- No Patience.

You don't just feel some of these "symptoms" and opt out simply because you have an eye on another guy and are tired of the present guy.

"Have you eaten?" Ha, is that also a sign? wink - I know that's a joke.

The main reason people opt out of relationships as they do outa bed is because they were not committed in the first instance and also most are quite young and thus have "more time" to explore other guys and girls.

Until you get to that when you really wanna settle down, all those of excuses wouldn't really matter after all. smiley.

Rec that.
Even a perfect relationship (tho not really possible) has one of these problems.

Relationship is all about acceptance, then there will be absolutely no force that can break you apart.
ACCEPTANCE...
Re: How To Tell Your Relationship Is So Over by JoeCutie(m): 12:53pm On Apr 28, 2015
zealot4me:

Lol OK can u impregnate her for me? (give ya advice)
What?! I should "murda" for you? shocked Nah, I'm a V. tongue cheesy

Okay dearie, I would have helped you done that but you see... I'm kinda impotent right now and my "murdarer" isn't working fine now (I'm hungry right now and my head isn't thinking straight now. Unless you go gimme food chop? ) grin

3 Likes

Re: How To Tell Your Relationship Is So Over by zealot4me(f): 1:24pm On Apr 28, 2015
JoeCutie:
What?! I should "murda" for you? shocked Nah, I'm a V. tongue cheesy

Okay dearie, I would have helped you done that but you see... I'm kinda impotent right now and my "murdarer" isn't working fine now (I'm hungry right now and my head isn't thinking straight now. unless you go gimme food chop? ) grin

chai with all these problems u are a dead man o

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hey Mr Big Dick,read This.. / 29 Interesting Questions To Ask A Lady While Going On Dates With Her/chatting. / Sugar Mummy Amaka From Enugu Need A Nice Guy -hookup Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.