Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,082 members, 7,835,646 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

Buhari Vs AIT: Press Freedom Not Guaranteed By Nigerian Constitution. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Vs AIT: Press Freedom Not Guaranteed By Nigerian Constitution. (3250 Views)

Eziachi Writes: Buhari V Ait & Press Freedom / Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. / Buhari: I Won’t Tamper With Press Freedom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Vs AIT: Press Freedom Not Guaranteed By Nigerian Constitution. by Olaolufred(m): 11:02am On Apr 28, 2015
I PRAISE GOD THAT WHILE THE PRESS IS FREE TO CARRY OUT THEIR DUTY WITHIN THE COVER OF THE BROADCASTING LAW AND ACTS,

EVERY FOOLISHNESS LIKE THOSE DISPLAYED BY AIT, MUST NOT BE LEFT UNPUNISHED.

IF IT IS ALLOWED, THEN APC COULD USED ALL MEDIA HOUSES TO DO SAME IN 2019.

BUT FOR THIS CIRCLE TO BE BROKEN, AIT MUST BE WELL PUNISHED.

FOR NOW, AIT SHOULD BE BUSY WITH MORE DOCUMENTARIES IT MAY FEEL LIKE BROADCASTING, WHILE YOU LET BUHARI BE.

IF AT WORST AIT IS STILL INTERESTED IN ASO ROCK THING, PLEASE KEEP ORGANISING FUNCTIONS FOR EBELLE FROM NOW TILL 28TH OF MAY.

I WILL PRAISE AIT FOR SUCH DEDICATION AND LOYALTY.
Re: Buhari Vs AIT: Press Freedom Not Guaranteed By Nigerian Constitution. by koboko69: 11:05am On Apr 28, 2015
WombRaiders:
After he revokes Ait's liscence, then there will be another news agency that needs his ban hammer until only Nta and radio nigeria remain

This is the issue.

In as much as other media outfits also attacked Jonathans Government, non went as far as AIT. AIT had the right to reject broadcasting such documentary. ..however being that the owner is a PDP war lord....he chose to throw ethics in the bin, believing power of incumbency will save Jonathan thereby save AIT. Alas the case is different now...AIT will sink as a lesson to others.
Re: Buhari Vs AIT: Press Freedom Not Guaranteed By Nigerian Constitution. by kuuljay(m): 11:05am On Apr 28, 2015
WombRaiders:

Nonsense! How does running an expose documentary on a frontline candidate for presidency run contrary to ethics?

Buhari can still take AIT and the producers to court!

He is not owner of Nigeria by virtue of being elected president of Nigeria.

Ait has done more good to our democracy than a thousand buhari's can ever mutter.

Let me ask you this; today buhari is barring AIT from coverinhg him as president elect and has also declared AIT persona non grata in his innuguration, what will happen once he is sworn in? Will he barr AIT from covering his govt and presidency as well?
wait untill he is sworn in,for now he has the right to do that.deal with it bro
Re: Buhari Vs AIT: Press Freedom Not Guaranteed By Nigerian Constitution. by Nobody: 11:06am On Apr 28, 2015
kuuljay:
don't mind that semi literate geek

Coming from a change chanting zombie and hebivore follower of a semi illiterate cow herdsman
Re: Buhari Vs AIT: Press Freedom Not Guaranteed By Nigerian Constitution. by kuuljay(m): 11:10am On Apr 28, 2015
WombRaiders:

Coming from a change chanting zombie and hebivore follower of a semi illiterate cow herdsman
grin grin grin grin blood pressure go kill you bro.mean while am still celebrating with a bottle of origin as we speak.care to join me? grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Buhari Vs AIT: Press Freedom Not Guaranteed By Nigerian Constitution. by omenka(m): 11:11am On Apr 28, 2015
WombRaiders:

Why did he not sue them then?

Oh, please, away with that. Even during the campaigns when the documentaries were being aired, he threatened to sue them and you guys shouted "Ohhh, the General is intolerant of criticism". There is absolutely nothing he could do that would seem right in you people's eyes. Your hatred wouldn't let you see any good in him.
Re: Buhari Vs AIT: Press Freedom Not Guaranteed By Nigerian Constitution. by Nobody: 11:14am On Apr 28, 2015
kuuljay:
wait untill he is sworn in,for now he has the right to do that.deal with it bro

He has no right!

For him to revoke their broadcast rights an investigative hearing will be conducted and sent to the NBC to barr Ait.

Even at that Ait has the right to challenge their suspension in a court of law.

Buhari will only be chasing his own shadows and exposing his despotic tendencies.

How many media outlets were banned from 1999 up till now? None!

Buhari is yet to assume full responsibilities as president and here he is attacking the press!

We will not allow your fanatical desposition towards this despot to ruin whatever ever freedom we now enjoy!

Mind you, the apc ran on the leg of freedom of speech to publish false lies and deciet on the outgoing dispensation.

What is good for the geese is good for the gander. Buhari should brace up to stiff and well balanced critism of his govt.
Re: Buhari Vs AIT: Press Freedom Not Guaranteed By Nigerian Constitution. by Scholes007(m): 11:17am On Apr 28, 2015
kuuljay:
if a bastard is your president elect then where was you when he won the election? besides I wander where you schooled by saying a president elects life is public... if you passed waec you should knw buhari is not the president and can ask any media outfit to stay away from him
You should have asked Mr Buhari about his wasc(waec) not me. I have nothing more to say about that fool Mr president elect...thank you

I'M IN LOVE WITH FREEDOM OF SPEECH AND THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT
Re: Buhari Vs AIT: Press Freedom Not Guaranteed By Nigerian Constitution. by Olaolufred(m): 11:19am On Apr 28, 2015
[size=14pt]TOWN CRIERS ARE MANY HERE.

AS FOR PRESS, ENJOY YOUR PROFESSION WITHIN THE ARM OF THE LAW.

AS FOR AIT, YOUR REAPING TIME IS HERE.
[/size]
Re: Buhari Vs AIT: Press Freedom Not Guaranteed By Nigerian Constitution. by Nobody: 11:22am On Apr 28, 2015
omenka:
Oh, please, away with that. Even during the campaigns when the documentaries were being aired, he threatened to sue them and you guys shouted "Ohhh, the General is intolerant of criticism". There is absolutely nothing he could do that would seem right in you people's eyes. Your hatred wouldn't let you see any good in him.

So now he thinks he can wield the big stick?

Forget Ait we have the 5th estate!

Let me see Buhari ban facebook, Twitter and forums!

Let me see how he will twart our voices! Mind you a vast majority also voted for Goodluck. Let me see how Buhari will ban their facebook, twitter handles.

Buhari is already shedding his sheep clothing and molting into the viper we warned you of!

I know you as a monkey shill of the apc and that one of your duties here is to seive through all the posts here looking for which to report to your janjawiid mods. But for how long?
Bann ppangel, revdesmondjuju, gbtyo and see us bounce back with more facts.

Online tout!
Re: Buhari Vs AIT: Press Freedom Not Guaranteed By Nigerian Constitution. by kuuljay(m): 11:38am On Apr 28, 2015
WombRaiders:

He has no right!

For him to revoke their broadcast rights an investigative hearing will be conducted and sent to the NBC to barr Ait.

Even at that Ait has the right to challenge their suspension in a court of law.

Buhari will only be chasing his own shadows and exposing his despotic tendencies.

How many media outlets were banned from 1999 up till now? None!

Buhari is yet to assume full responsibilities as president and here he is attacking the press!

We will not allow your fanatical desposition towards this despot to ruin whatever ever freedom we now enjoy!

Mind you, the apc ran on the leg of freedom of speech to publish false lies and deciet on the outgoing dispensation.

What is good for the geese is good for the gander. Buhari should brace up to stiff and well balanced critism of his govt.
are you thinking right at all? who told you buhari revoked broadcasting rights of AIT. pls buy one of the dailies and read before you come here to comment.buhari is just like you and I he is not a president so he has the right to tell any news agency not to come into his house for now.pls what's wrong with that? so if you wake up one day and found AIT at your door so you don't have the right to tell them not to come in abi?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Vs AIT: Press Freedom Not Guaranteed By Nigerian Constitution. by omenka(m): 11:45am On Apr 28, 2015
WombRaiders:

So now he thinks he can wield the big stick?

Forget Ait we have the 5th estate!

Let me see Buhari ban facebook, Twitter and forums!

Let me see how he will twart our voices! Mind you a vast majority also voted for Goodluck. Let me see how Buhari will ban their facebook, twitter handles.

Buhari is already shedding his sheep clothing and molting into the viper we warned you of!

I know you as a monkey shill of the apc and that one of your duties here is to seive through all the posts here looking for which to report to your janjawiid mods. But for how long?
Bann ppangel, revdesmondjuju, gbtyo and see us bounce back with more facts.

Online tout!
Mscheew. It's the best you can do; rant for a living.
Re: Buhari Vs AIT: Press Freedom Not Guaranteed By Nigerian Constitution. by Nobody: 3:52pm On Apr 28, 2015
Just read the Op's title and you have a sense of idea of the kind of fools that support Buhari.

WombRaiders:
Buhari's fanatical support outside his usual almajiri constituency especially in the SW was made possible by systematic propaganda in the media and a savvy rebranding campaign that transformed the sectionalist bigoted ex dictator into a mythical anti corruption crusader and nationalist. This persona that was sold to the gullible fools who chose to ignore history and antecedants of this man is fast molting away to reveal the true wolf that he is.

The more things change, the more they stay the same

Buhari's rise to power in 1983 is no different than what we are witnessing today in 2015.

The same press propaganda employed by the SW press mafia against the Shagari regime is what Buhari seized upon to wrest power from an elected civilian govt.

The same old song of "corruption everywhere" was what the SW press in 1980's used to discredit the Shagari regime similar to what we are experiencing today with the out going Jonathan administration.

On assuming power by force, the SW press where the first to celebrate Buhari's criminal ascencion to power. The SW plebs also swarmed the streets celebrating the ousting of the Shagari regime which the likes of Awolowo had craftly induced in the teeming gullible plebs as the root cause of all their problems.

The press also demanded further criminal prosecution action against the officials of the ousted civilian govt. The plebs needed a public witch burning ceremony and Buhari gave it to them by jailing politicians and technocrats. Little did the fools know that Buhari was gagging the only opposition to his "army arrangement".

After jailing politicians, Buhari then closed in on the press by enacting decree 4.

Buhari is no fool and he knew the role the media played in easing his rise to power and knew that the same media can be turned against him. Buhari's crackdown on the press was ruthlessly effective thereby barring any dissident reporting on his illegal regime.

Being the ever absolute despot, Buhari then turned on those gullible plebs that danced on the streets on announcement of his coup.

Campaigns like War Against Indiscipline, WAI where just a means to remind the prolets that the Army was in charge! Wandering laws where introduced and the prison yards swarmed with awaiting trial inmates arrested for frivilous offences.

The euphoria that greeted Buhari's coup soon changed to an air of despair and gloom.
So when Gen Abacha came on air to announce the overthrow of Buhari the same gullible plebs in the SW took to the streets in jubilation.

Today in 2015, we are seeing a repeat of Buhari's arrogance and despotism with the barring of AIT to cover his innuguration.

Buhari's emergence as elected president was based on a campaign of lies and deciet against the outgoing administration. Many voters in the north where intimidated by threats of violence if they did not vote Buhari and many more disenfranchised by Jega's inec. Buhari's supporters also threatened violence when Buhari's certificate saga arose. The man buhari never for once presented a feasible manifesto and the little time he held a press interview showed how uneducated and out of touch he is in managing a country like Nigeria in the 21st century!

By far the worst thing about a Buhari presidency is the legitimacy offered to this despot through a sham election.

Nigerians especially the SW plebs will soon regret their foolery in electing this illiterate despot!

You have 4years to regret!
Re: Buhari Vs AIT: Press Freedom Not Guaranteed By Nigerian Constitution. by Nobody: 3:56pm On Apr 28, 2015
omenka:
Mscheew. It's the best you can do; rant for a living.

You are a fool and you can take that to seun's attention.

It goes beyond your blind fanatism for this gerriatic illiterate despotic sectional bigot Buhari.

I give this buhari nonsense 20 mths and this country 2yrs max.

You can elect another old mullah in your one useless nigeria where common sense is not common but as for us in the ND we are out.

Foolish osogbo taju
Re: Buhari Vs AIT: Press Freedom Not Guaranteed By Nigerian Constitution. by omenka(m): 4:13pm On Apr 28, 2015
WombRaiders:

You are a fool and you can take that to seun's attention.

It goes beyond your blind fanatism for this gerriatic illiterate despotic sectional bigot Buhari.

I give this buhari nonsense 20 mths and this country 2yrs max.

You can elect another old mullah in your one useless nigeria where common sense is not common but as for us in the ND we are out.

Foolish osogbo taju
It isn't difficult to imagine how and where you were conceived by your mother. cheesy

Toodles. grin
Re: Buhari Vs AIT: Press Freedom Not Guaranteed By Nigerian Constitution. by Nobody: 4:15pm On Apr 28, 2015
omenka:
It isn't difficult to imagine how and where you were conceived by your mother. cheesy

Toodles. grin

You bastard son of a thousand ab0ki trailer drivers.
Re: Buhari Vs AIT: Press Freedom Not Guaranteed By Nigerian Constitution. by omenka(m): 4:17pm On Apr 28, 2015
WombRaiders:

You bastard son of a thousand ab0ki trailer drivers.
Wow. And he gives us a good hint. gringrin

Ever cared to ask her if she enjoyed it?? grin
Re: Buhari Vs AIT: Press Freedom Not Guaranteed By Nigerian Constitution. by nortcentrallord(m): 2:32pm On Apr 30, 2015
alaoeri:

Does GMB stop AIT from airing any news? Don't cover my events is different from don't air news about me, an ordinary citizen can chose who is & who is not invited to his events talkless of a President.
In order news AIT don chop wetin big pass them & Dokpesi should deal with it after all he has sold the integrity of the station for a plate of porridge.

Read your comment again, does it sound alright to you? Am sure buhari is the president elect of the apc, only the north and media houses that proclaimed series of propaganda against the present govt.'s. Its only mob bosses and underground dogs that behave the way he did. It only tells one thing about him. The dictatorship blood is still flowing and it will get to all and sundry soon. If he felt aggrieved by what AIT did, why didn't he sue them then? A democratic president elect behaving like the leader of some street gang. What a shame!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Existing Revenue Sharing Formula Archaic – Senate / Nigeria Is Richer Than Sweden, Switzerland, Argentina, Others / Did President Buhari Reduce Kemi Adeosun, To A Glorified Figurehead?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.