Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,459 members, 7,836,815 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

LAPO Awards Scholarship To 700 Students - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LAPO Awards Scholarship To 700 Students (762 Views)

Saraki Sends Two Students On Scholarship To China (Photos) / Tambuwal Grants Scholarship To Car-Designer, Aliyu, From Sokoto (Photos) / Obiano Awards Scholarship To Children Of Boko Haram Victims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

LAPO Awards Scholarship To 700 Students by Nobody: 11:41am On Apr 28, 2015
LAPO Micro finance Bank (MfB) has awarded scholarship to about 750 students who are children of it’s clients who meet the requirements set by the scholarship board, targeting 100, 000 scholarship by 2022. The bank conducted a scholarship ballot exercise across all the zones of its operation in the country and 1000 students qualified for the scholarship but 750 who meet the requirement would benefit the scheme.

bankSpeaking at the annual scholarship ballot exercise in Lagos, Managing Director, LAPO MfB, Mr. Godwin Ehigiamusoe, said that about 5000 beneficiaries have emerged from the scheme which started in 2007. He explained that the essence of the balloting was to make the process of selection of beneficiaries as transparent as possible and to justify the confidence repose on the organization by the clients over the years.

Ehigiamusoe said, “we target in the next five to seven years about 100,000 student will benefit, since we started in 2007 we have continuously been doing it on annual basis and we will continue to provide the scholarship. We started with 32 students in 2007, by 2014 we have done 5,000 students but 2015 we are doing 700, we hope to do 1000 or five thousand next year.

“The big challenge is being able to select a few number of people from a large number of our clients and it is for this purpose we adopted the balloting system, to ensure fairness,” he said.

A beneficiary of Life Time Comprehensive College, Isefun Ayobo, Miss Fadugba Idowu, said, “I lost my dad and my mum was managing to pay my school fees but in 2007 I qualified for LAPO scholarship scheme and since then I have not been driven from school because of any fees the bank has been paying my fee from JSS3 and now am in SSS3 preparing to write WAEC they are also paying for that. Am grateful to LAPO.”

Also, Head, Philanthropy and CSR, Mrs. Osayi Itohan, added that the scholarship scheme fund was endowed with the sum of $10,000 cash prize from Grameen Foundation’s excellence in micro finance award in 2006.
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/lapo-awards-scholarship-to-700-students/#sthash.7Zo7xPf8.zWGSW8XB.dpuf
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/lapo-awards-scholarship-to-700-students/
Re: LAPO Awards Scholarship To 700 Students by Nobody: 11:54am On Apr 28, 2015
I am proud of this organisation
Re: LAPO Awards Scholarship To 700 Students by Nobody: 11:35am On Apr 30, 2015
Na only u know them o tongue

(1) (Reply)

Chibok Girls Rescued. / Inec Collided With Okorocha To Rip Election In Favour Of APC / Opinion: The Most Controversial Governor In Nigeria (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.