Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,893 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

Difference Between Love And Like - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Difference Between Love And Like (2239 Views)

Diffrence Between Love Making And Fu»k..wch Do U Prefer / Love Story: Between Love, Aristo & Marraige...part 2 / Is Love Sex! The Difference Between Love Making And Sex. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Difference Between Love And Like by ggrin(f): 2:40pm On Apr 28, 2015
Like and love are perhaps two words that have been most interchangeably used. It is not surprising to see couples saying that they like each other one minute, and then love the next. The interchanging of these two words has been so frequent, that quite often many people will equate like and love to be one and the same. However, in reality, like and love are two very different words. Here are the differences between like and love.
One of the differences between like and love is the scope of their meanings. While both like and love do pertain to positive feelings and perceptions towards people, places or even objects, the meaning of like is quite broad, and can be generic in its expression. Quite often, like is a term that is used when comparing two distinct, but similar objects or people. On the other hand, love is quite narrow, and often involves a deep sense of affection towards a particular person, place or object. This being the case, a person who loves another person, place or object, does not often find himself or herself comparing between similar individuals or objects, but rather between more distinct individuals or objects.
Another difference is the investment given by a particular individual. When a person likes something or someone, this is often based on what is immediately seen. As such, the basis of liking something or someone can be rather superficial, and can be felt within a short period of time. On the other hand, a person who loves a person, place or object has invested quite a lot of time with the subject. In effect, love is developed over a longer period of time. In the case between two people, love often develops after spending considerable amount of time with a particular individual.
Finally, there is the level of intimacy. As a person can like another person quite quickly, the relationship can be also considered as new and shallow. That being the case, a person who likes someone can easily change his or her mind within a short period of time, without any regret or ill feelings. On the other hand, because there is more investment given when a person loves someone, the relationship between two individuals can be quite deep. As a result, people who are in this kind of relationship do not just simply change partners. In the event that the relationship ends, the parting can be quite painful, and may take quite a long time for one or both persons to stop feeling love towards the other person.

Source
www.differencebetween.net/miscellan

Summary:

1. Like and love are emotions that are commonly felt by a person towards another person.

2. Like is mostly based on what is immediately seen, causing the reason for liking another person to be rather superficial. Love, on the other hand, develops over a longer period of time spent between two people.

3. A person who merely likes a person can easily change his or her mind without much ill feeling. On the other hand, a person who loves another person will often have a long term relationship with that person, and may experience hurt and pain should the relationship endundecided
Re: Difference Between Love And Like by Nobody: 2:56pm On Apr 28, 2015
I don't do prolix....
Re: Difference Between Love And Like by sinaj(f): 3:03pm On Apr 28, 2015
yea all true smiley
Re: Difference Between Love And Like by dharay88: 3:05pm On Apr 28, 2015
long textbook... cry
Re: Difference Between Love And Like by grimandevil: 3:21pm On Apr 28, 2015
Pisure or adonblivit
Re: Difference Between Love And Like by kellyJames5(m): 3:28pm On Apr 28, 2015
*yawn*

Kingtom come summarize iyawo's epistle o. embarassed

Life is too short to read long epistles. grin
Re: Difference Between Love And Like by jmoore(m): 3:32pm On Apr 28, 2015
Copy and paste. You no sabi copy source too?
Re: Difference Between Love And Like by kinglekan: 3:34pm On Apr 28, 2015
Ggrin na ur project topic be this?
*yawns*
Re: Difference Between Love And Like by KingTom(m): 4:36pm On Apr 28, 2015
kellyJames5:
*yawn*
Ki ngtom come summarize iyawo's epistle o. embarassed
Life is too short to read long epistles. grin
I no dey look epistle grin
Re: Difference Between Love And Like by kellyJames5(m): 4:41pm On Apr 28, 2015
KingTom:

I no dey look epistle grin

Nna I tire for all this long grammar for nairaland,they no kno say no be everybody go sch grin
Re: Difference Between Love And Like by HumanPsycho(m): 5:17pm On Apr 28, 2015
Why are people making life difficult- for themselves. . . . Love is love, you can't differentiate between 'like' and 'love' however there are different types of love. What is discribed above is just two different love and attachement type.. Don't bug your soul with synonymes. So whats the difference between 'hate' and Dislike?
Re: Difference Between Love And Like by Mhizkel(f): 1:21pm On May 04, 2015
Op forget all these long story..The only difference between love and like is

Loving someone doesn't need a reason...If you can explain why you love someone, then it's not LOVE!
It's called LIKE!
Re: Difference Between Love And Like by Oahray: 2:48pm On May 04, 2015
Self sacrifice. That's the one thing that makes love stand out. The willingness to give of yourself for the other person despite the discomfort, despite personal loss.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Difference Between Love And Like by tohpahz(f): 2:52pm On May 04, 2015
Oahray:
Self sacrifice. That's the one thing that makes love stand out. The willingness to give of yourself for the other person despite the discomfort, despite personal loss.

Is this u
Re: Difference Between Love And Like by Oahray: 3:02pm On May 04, 2015
tohpahz:

Is this u
she has caught me o! shocked *ground refuses to open up*
How far? Shey those pics are ready? tongue
Re: Difference Between Love And Like by xynerise: 3:06pm On May 04, 2015
Oahray:
Compromise is the right word. But erm.....there are some things I can't give up for anybody
Re: Difference Between Love And Like by tohpahz(f): 3:13pm On May 04, 2015
Oahray:
she has caught me o! shocked
*ground refuses to open up*

How far? Shey those pics are ready? tongue

U see urself.. undecided
Dey are ready.. come get them
Re: Difference Between Love And Like by Oahray: 3:25pm On May 04, 2015
xynerise:

Compromise is the right word. But erm.....there are some things I can't give up for anybody
hmmm... I like to think compromise can comfortably hide under self-sacrifice's large umbrella, and flex muscles only when disagreements arise tongue

We never know the things we can give up until an unexpected situation calls for it, until the people we cherish the most on earth look us in the eyes, with pleading eyes filled with fear, helplessness, and that tiny glimmer of hope.
Re: Difference Between Love And Like by Oahray: 3:25pm On May 04, 2015
tohpahz:

U see urself.. undecided Dey are ready.. come get them
hmmm... Ok cheesy
Re: Difference Between Love And Like by xynerise: 3:29pm On May 04, 2015
Oahray:
hmmm... I like to think compromise can comfortably hide under self-sacrifice's large umbrella, and flex muscles only when disagreements arise tongue

We never know the things we can give up until an unexpected situation calls for it, until the people we cherish the most on earth look us in the eyes, with pleading eyes filled with fear, helplessness, and that tiny glimmer of hope.
Even if it will cost your precious life? Well, if God can promise me heaven if I sacrifice my life for someone to live, then I can
Re: Difference Between Love And Like by demmy0325(m): 3:32pm On May 04, 2015
Re: Difference Between Love And Like by Oahray: 3:46pm On May 04, 2015
xynerise:

Even if it will cost your precious life? Well, if God can promise me heaven if I sacrifice my life for someone to live, then I can
Not just any 'someone' o... It's not like you would originally set out to give it up anyway. There are only a few moments like that though, moments that would forever haunt if you look the other way.

It's better felt than explained.
Re: Difference Between Love And Like by xynerise: 3:57pm On May 04, 2015
Oahray:
Not just any 'someone' o... It's not like you would originally set out to give it up anyway. There are only a few moments like that though, moments that would forever haunt if you look the other way.

It's better felt than explained.
Yea, I understand
Re: Difference Between Love And Like by Oahray: 4:05pm On May 04, 2015
xynerise:

Yea, I understand
how far that game na? Even the miss NL contest don crash sad
Re: Difference Between Love And Like by xynerise: 4:32pm On May 04, 2015
Oahray:
how far that game na? Even the miss NL contest don crash sad
Na so them want am na.
Re: Difference Between Love And Like by Skaylex(m): 6:02pm On May 04, 2015
ewww...see as d text long like river Nile..sips tea and biscuit
Re: Difference Between Love And Like by modskiller(m): 6:14pm On May 05, 2015
@ggrin is that you in that DP
Chai TMB (Twerk My Brain)
So all those yansh na fake yansh
Chai, money has gone down the drain oo
Re: Difference Between Love And Like by Nobody: 7:18pm On May 05, 2015
tohpahz:

Is this u
yes this is me and is that u?
Re: Difference Between Love And Like by tohpahz(f): 7:44pm On May 05, 2015
Unibenstudent:
yes this is me and is that u?
Oh yes it is..
Re: Difference Between Love And Like by Nobody: 7:48pm On May 05, 2015
tohpahz:
Oh yes it is..
you look different?
Re: Difference Between Love And Like by tohpahz(f): 7:51pm On May 05, 2015
Unibenstudent:
you look different?

The lord is good.!! cheesy
Re: Difference Between Love And Like by Nobody: 7:57pm On May 05, 2015
tohpahz:

The lord is good.!! cheesy
of cus and he is good on u,,so let's share in his goodness,try and be good to me.

(1) (Reply)

Guys Be Sincere, Will You Miss Class If You Teacher Is Like This / Which Couple Is Happier??? / My best friend is pregnant for my husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.