Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences (54440 Views)

UK Police Has Declared A Nigerian, Gbenga Ajibade, Wanted For Fraud Offences / Ghana Police Arrest 5 Nigerians For Selling Joystick & Buttocks Enlargement Drug / Indonesia Executes Three Nigerians By Firing Squad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences by Nobody: 12:06am On Apr 29, 2015
IYANGBALI:
they have escaped to their villages
Where I come from in gboland, we respect the dead cos that we are alive today its only by God's grace and mercy...
Re: Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences by islandmoon: 12:10am On Apr 29, 2015
we need such measure in fighting corruption
Re: Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences by emmzyebony: 12:12am On Apr 29, 2015
It is unethical to place a death sentence on a drug trafficker.I don't see how this sentence justifies this crime.we have seen and are still seeing murderers,serial killers,rapist,racist and ruthless dictators moving around our streets.what is this world turning into.only GOD has the right to take a life cos he knows the mastery of it.we don't even have a glimpse of wat creating a life is,so what gives us the impetus to take it?...my only consolation is that my brother okwudili knew GOD before this catastrophic end.may his soul rest in peace.

2 Likes

Re: Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences by Nobody: 12:12am On Apr 29, 2015
EreluY:

I HOPE THEY'RE NOT YOUR FRIENDS OR RELATIVES?
They are Nigerians.. As a true patriot, I value the lives of every fellow country man and woman... Though they sinned against the laws of the Indonesians but they are still our sons even after their death... One Nation One love...

1 Like

Re: Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences by muelzik(m): 12:13am On Apr 29, 2015
Equalizer:

Too bad.. May their souls rest in perfect peace Amen.. Our government should have sought for their repatriation nah.. I don't like this at all..

Bros, na u send them message? Abi, them dey pay tithes for ur hand ni? cheesy . Oya go bring them na

2 Likes

Re: Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences by Nobody: 12:17am On Apr 29, 2015
bigtt76:
Jonathan nor call the Indonesian president like Philippines did naaa grin he was busy appointing and sacking pipo tongue

Check the dates of their arrest and when they were sentenced. You will see that the present adminstration inherited the case.. just leave GEJ out of this and start calling OBJ..

2 Likes

Re: Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences by emmzyebony: 12:19am On Apr 29, 2015
Why are majority of you discriminating this people?how many of u knws wat ur relations nd friends do in d diaspora?.pls do not talk ill about the dead.am I bet if these were american citizens,indonesian govt wunt even nurse the idea of killing them
Re: Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences by adewumiopeyemi(m): 12:24am On Apr 29, 2015
Just look at austrailina president ave to tell the Indonesia government to investigate well.. did Nigeria president did anything abt the four Nigeria I indonesia..just look at we ave an ambassador to austraian he can't even do anything.. nw ucan just see for ur sef that Jonathan is very gentle.. I thrust my apc president he must find sometin to do abt th case to be discharge aqutance........Apc change
Re: Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences by Nobody: 12:24am On Apr 29, 2015
muelzik:

Bros, na u send them message? Abi, them dey pay tithes for ur hand ni? cheesy . Oya go bring them na
I condemn in strongest term what they did but a life sentenced would have been better... I see human life as a sacred thing and should be respected... Kill hundred drug barons today, thousands unknown rings will still be actively in business... I just don't like that firing squad of a thing cos its more like jungle justice to me..
Re: Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences by Nobody: 12:35am On Apr 29, 2015
emmzyebony:
It is unethical to place a death sentence on a drug trafficker.I don't see how this sentence justifies this crime.we have seen and are still seeing murderers,serial killers,rapist,racist and ruthless dictators moving around our streets.what is this world turning into.only GOD has the right to take a life cos he knows the mastery of it.we don't even have a glimpse of wat creating a life is,so what gives us the impetus to take it?...my only consolation is that my brother okwudili knew GOD before this catastrophic end.may his soul rest in peace.
Thanks for seeing thing from my own perspective... Oscar Pistorial shot and killed his girlfriend on the forehead four good times which if we should go by law is a first degree murder cos he fired the shot with intent to kill and not to scared the assumed bugler away.. what punishment did he get? just 10years probation ooo.. but here our brothers were just slaughtered because we are not world power.. can they kill an American or Isrealite like that... In PEJ's voice I say" Daris God ooooo...

3 Likes

Re: Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences by fuckerholic(m): 12:42am On Apr 29, 2015
UrennaNkoli:

The Australian government pleaded but it fell on deaf hears. The Nigerian government also pleaded too but if they could reject the plea of the Australians, they will never listen to Nigerians who have a very notorious history of drug traficking in south -east asia. Indonesia have arguably the strictest drug laws in the world along side malaysia and they take no nonsense. As cruel as this may be, it should serve as a lesson to others.
But you tremble and fall at hearing that a guy is rich and from abroad without considering his job there..nonsense
Re: Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences by NovusHomo(m): 1:03am On Apr 29, 2015
Jackeeh:

They are in their respective villages, sipping palm wine undecided

Jonah, the Global Ambassador for Peaceful Resolution of Conflicts negotiated their release. Such skill. grin

2 Likes

Re: Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences by NovusHomo(m): 1:04am On Apr 29, 2015
emmzyebony:
Why are majority of you discriminating this people?how many of u knws wat ur relations nd friends do in d diaspora?.pls do not talk ill about the dead.am I bet if these were american citizens,indonesian govt wunt even nurse the idea of killing them

Tell that to Jonah.
Re: Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences by NovusHomo(m): 1:05am On Apr 29, 2015
Climaths:
What kind of stringent laws is that? Why can de put such laws in corruption related cases if their country will nt be one of the richest in d world, to me o dat law is gross deciet and wickedness.

Law of the land of Indonesia. Respect or go back to your village where all is permitted.

2 Likes

Re: Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences by SmoothCrim: 1:52am On Apr 29, 2015
Litmus:
Who is facing execution?

Three Nigerians not four. The other is from Ghana according to BBC

RIP

Brazil and Australia are considering severing ties with Indonesia. Nigeria should do the same. I don't see why Nigeria hasn't pursued a sterner line with that Nation. What's their use to Nigeria that we should be so apologetic and softly threading with them.

False. Martin Anderson is Nigerian who obtained a fake Ghanaian passport...
See here:
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/04/24/world/asia/indonesia-executions.html?_r=0

and Here:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2015/apr/28/bali-nine-andrew-chan-myuran-sukumaran-executed-indonesia-mercy?CMP=share_btn_tw

So you can call him Ghanaian because of his fake passport but he has no relatives in Ghana and has no relation to the country.

What this indicates is that HALF of those executed for drugs were Nigerian....

The Australians put up a fight to save their 2 citizens but Nigeria basically did nothing... It would not have made a difference but the effort should have been made...

Lastly, I wonder why Indonesia is not getting the South Africa treatment... They actually killed 4 Nigerians on trumped up charges and under their corrupt judiciary but I guarantee there will be no request for compensation!!!

2 Likes

Re: Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences by Nobody: 2:10am On Apr 29, 2015
gruesome law sad
Re: Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences by JayJustus(m): 2:26am On Apr 29, 2015
Bleep Indonesia....the main the main drug lords are outside eating and drinking and you killing mere peddlers... but as they say DO THE CRIME DO THE TIME..

and for those of ya saying uncle Jonathan didn't do anything...the ambassador of Indonesia was summoned to abuja...and the embassy there appealed not once...but anyway Bleep Indonesia...almost stepped foot there for field trip but I ain't going again...Bleep them Bleep them...we should severe our ties with em...is it palm oil they have that nifor doesn't?? or is it the okada that is like sand of the sea in Jakarta?? please
Re: Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences by knxpin(m): 2:44am On Apr 29, 2015
I wonder while Nigerian Government/President will not execute Four Indonesians In Nigeria With any kind of offense, Wonder what this Asian countries think they are, If we have a good leader that would have been a great moves.So now Nigeria Drug dealers be warned!
Re: Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences by SmoothCrim: 2:56am On Apr 29, 2015
Nigeria is Indonesia's second largest trade partner in Africa after South Africa, in 2011 the trade value reached US$2.09 billion accounted for 21.66 percent of Indonesia's total trade with Africa.[6] In 2013, the bilateral trade volume between the countries hits $2.2 billion. There are over 15 Indonesian companies currently operating in Nigeria such as Indorama, Indofood, Kalbe Farma and Sayap Mas Utama. Indofood for example had established instant noodle factory in Nigeria since 1995 where Indomie has become a popular brand and have the largest instant noodles manufacturing plant in Africa. The two countries also planning a US$2.5 billion gas methanol and fertilizer plant in Nigeria with Pertamina of Indonesia and NNPC of Nigeria in collaboration with Eurochem Indonesia and Viva Methanol of Nigeria
Re: Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences by chysam: 3:22am On Apr 29, 2015
dhamstar:
So sad these people had to die.. May the Almighty Allah forgive them their sins and grant them alujana fidau.. So so sad...*sobs*

You dey craze!. You carry suya for mouth dey chop dey say sobs. Sobs ko zobo ni.

1 Like

Re: Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences by Nobody: 3:52am On Apr 29, 2015
Equalizer:

Thanks for seeing thing from my own perspective... Oscar Pistorial shot and killed his girlfriend on the forehead four good times which if we should go by law is a first degree murder cos he fired the shot with intent to kill and not to scared the assumed bugler away.. what punishment did he get? just 10years probation ooo.. but here our brothers were just slaughtered because we are not world power.. can they kill an American or Isrealite like that... In PEJ's voice I say" Daris God ooooo...

My broda, this is too much. Is very sad the this is coming from the most corrupt country in the world.
Visit jakarta as a citizen of a third world country, not just Africans, right from airport, police will request few dollars; if u argue too much, he will not stamp you in. He will tell you that if u r deported, he got nothing to loss.
Re: Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences by Lucasbalo(m): 4:00am On Apr 29, 2015
naijathings:
These guys already knew the laws of the land they were dealing on... Yet they took their chances and got caught.

Now Y is everyone mad @ Indonesia for standing their ground and keeping their laws against drugs.

Kudos to Indonesia for standing their ground and not succumbing to international pressure.

Warning : Don't deal drugs in Indonesia if you don't want to get shot in the chest.
You are absolutely right. The blame is on the drug carriers not Indonesia.

2 Likes

Re: Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences by Nobody: 4:13am On Apr 29, 2015
Is a pity. very unfortunate but i don't think drug deserve death penalty when people commit genocide and massacre still move freely on world stage.
WE HAVE TO ACCEPT THE VERDICT AND MOVE ON.... i burned candle for our Nigerian brothers and called their names one by one to wish them RIP.

I hope people wont stigmatize their families for this. that will be too sad cos we all saw the Australians got full support from their community.

the pics attached is the arrival of police team after execution.

Re: Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences by fabulous01(m): 4:59am On Apr 29, 2015
According to breaking news reports condemned convicts including four Nigerians have been taken from their prison cells to the execution site on Nusakambangan.. According to the UK Guardian, Indonesian television is also reporting that the executions of eight prisoners – all men – have taken place, but that the Filipina woman, Mary Jane Veloso, was spared at the last minute, after a woman accused of tricking her into carrying drugs turned herself into police in the Philippines on Tuesday. There are reports that the executions took place at around 00.25 local time.At nearby Cilacap port, anti-death penalty protesters began playing the song Hallelujah. They were shot dead by firing squads comprising 12 police privates.Their last meal was KFC.
Re: Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences by hardbody: 6:25am On Apr 29, 2015
Igwe9:
The worst form of death is when one knows that he is going to die and worst off, when it's through a painful means.

If they did drugs with knowledge of the eventual outcome if caught, and they have been tried fairly, then there is no sympathy from me. Meanwhile death by firing squad is one of the easiest. What of if they had been guilotined at the gallows.

Bring it back home, BH has been slitting people's throat since many years ago, and those are innocent people save that they are from the wrong part of the country so what da heck? If me wan carry drug na from Lagos to PH or Abuja. Jail term maximum.
Re: Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences by hardbody: 6:34am On Apr 29, 2015
adewumiopeyemi:
Just look at austrailina president ave to tell the Indonesia government to investigate well.. did Nigeria president did anything abt the four Nigeria I indonesia..just look at we ave an ambassador to austraian he can't even do anything.. nw ucan just see for ur sef that Jonathan is very gentle.. I thrust my apc president he must find sometin to do abt th case to be discharge aqutance........Apc change

Drunkard. Go and study tenses and spellings.

1 Like

Re: Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences by Nobody: 6:37am On Apr 29, 2015
Ashkormissy:
D front page heading given to dis thread is quite disgusting..... 'finally'....really?
What's this hitch about front page things on nairaland self? Make una get sense o. Most of you your being famous ends here on nairaland. Rabbish.
Re: Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences by babanibabatoyin(m): 6:49am On Apr 29, 2015
as they have taking their life, they should send their corps back to Nigeria let them sleep in there father land
Re: Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences by ignis: 7:00am On Apr 29, 2015
Equalizer:

Too bad.. May their souls rest in perfect peace Amen.. Our government should have sought for their repatriation nah.. I don't like this at all..

The federal government, United nation, Amnesty international all pleaded with the Indonesian govt. The pleas fell on deaf ears. Indonesian got very stringent law.
It's quite unfortunate.
Re: Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences by cathodekazim: 7:11am On Apr 29, 2015
Climaths:
What kind of stringent laws is that? Why can de put such laws in corruption related cases if their country will nt be one of the richest in d world, to me o dat law is gross deciet and wickedness.
I suspect you must be from the souteast or southsouth
The country says, don't peddle drug, u peddled it, caught n executed n u said the law is stringent
Yu ar among the ppl that doesn't want the betterment of Nigeria
Grossly disappointed in you
Based on ur comment, I can psyco-analyse ur lifestyle and who yu are,
I can easily u are a morally deprived person, smoker, indicipline and a crude man
Let learn to respect countries law.
Kudos Indohimlaya

1 Like

Re: Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences by Ifebazz(m): 7:37am On Apr 29, 2015
Tvegas:
So Sad,in few years time my countrymen will not be shamefully executed this way again. With our support GMB will develop an economy that works for everyone.Hopefully.
I thought I read Australia and Brazil citizens too, so those ones economy are bad too that's why they went into drugs?
Admin should probably caption some topics as 'think before you post'.
Re: Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences by Ashkormissy(f): 7:45am On Apr 29, 2015
Ijokoh:

What's this hitch about front page things on nairaland self? Make una get sense o. Most of you your being famous ends here on nairaland. Rabbish.
Warris dis one sayin now?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wife Kills Her Husband In Lagos Island(photos) / Girl Shot In The Mouth In Aluu, Rivers State. Graphic / A Furniture Maker Lured And Killed In Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.