Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences (54438 Views)

UK Police Has Declared A Nigerian, Gbenga Ajibade, Wanted For Fraud Offences / Ghana Police Arrest 5 Nigerians For Selling Joystick & Buttocks Enlargement Drug / Indonesia Executes Three Nigerians By Firing Squad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences by Modesty74: 7:51am On Apr 29, 2015
RIP to the dead, may God grant them eternal rest.
Re: Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences by Samirana360(m): 7:55am On Apr 29, 2015
mosho2good:
Blame gej for this execution
And blame ur father 4 ur being useless..hediot
Re: Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences by Nobody: 8:26am On Apr 29, 2015
Ashkormissy:

Warris dis one sayin now?
I'll just pretend as if I didn't hear that. Lowlife.
Re: Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences by Bifwoli: 8:37am On Apr 29, 2015
Jerrick:
Nigeria will change if we embrace this measure.

I don't blame Indonesia even one bit.Execute these drug pushers bcoz they're slowly but surely executing many peoples sons with their heroin smuggling.Well done Indonesia.

2 Likes

Re: Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences by johnbu: 9:19am On Apr 29, 2015
Climaths:
What kind of stringent laws is that? Why can de put such laws in corruption related cases if their country will nt be one of the richest in d world, to me o dat law is gross deciet and wickedness.
mr man, u just have to search your mind for corruption,where there is no law, automatically, no offenders. that is the law of their land and it is immutable. bible testifies that no sinner shall go unpunished.for any country to experience developmental projects strong and holistic law must be enacted.

2 Likes

Re: Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences by MrCork: 9:23am On Apr 29, 2015
. .YOU HOMEBASE MOFOS SHUD QUIT DOIN DRUG AND 419....NO XCUSE..PIRRRIOD! angry

4 Likes

Re: Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences by gentlezypher: 9:36am On Apr 29, 2015
why go contrary to other people's laws? Why contribute to the death of 33 persons a day? Must you push drug before you make it?

1 Like

Re: Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences by idris4eva(m): 9:39am On Apr 29, 2015
Samchelsea:
Partiality at its peak....so after how many years someone now turns himself in to save the Filipino while the rest were executed, I believe the Philippine govt got someone and payed him a huge sum so as to save the woman
you really think every country can be corupt as your country.

1 Like

Re: Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences by Kanwuliajeje: 9:44am On Apr 29, 2015
Tinubu nor dey for dia? wink
Re: Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences by castiello(m): 9:47am On Apr 29, 2015
mikkyjagga1:
Sad as it maybe, they knew the punishment for the crime b4 they committed it, I believe the Indonesian govt is trying to show their stance against drug trafficking and hence send a message across to every intended trafficker....i wish my country Nigeria culd emulate such and we will see a change for the better!

the heart of men are evil, this gose to all human in general i wonder if God start to kill those who break his law i dont know whom will remain, talking about drug in nigeria ppl dont consume much the only use us as transporters just because they know we need money.
Re: Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences by fpeter(f): 10:14am On Apr 29, 2015
I hope our Government will wake up now and learn to take governance seriously.
they let these foreigners come to our country,commit crimes and get away with it.
How many foreign criminals have we ever prosecuted,let alone jailed? The Chinese
And co, come here and treat our people like shit yet we protect and treat them like
lords.

1 Like

Re: Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences by gobizzy101: 10:43am On Apr 29, 2015
naijathings:
[size=14pt]These guys already knew the laws of the land they were dealing on... they took their chances and got caught, now I wonder why people are saying bad things about indonesia.

Now Y is everyone mad @ Indonesia for standing their ground and keeping their laws against drugs.

Kudos to Indonesia for standing their ground and not succumbing to international pressure.

Warning : Don't deal drugs in Indonesia if you don't want to get shot in the chest. [/size]
u r smart

1 Orijin 4 u.

D wages of sin I death
Re: Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences by acaolly1(m): 10:58am On Apr 29, 2015
Equalizer:

Too bad.. May their souls rest in perfect peace Amen.. Our government should have sought for their repatriation nah.. I don't like this at all..

I wonder when people say our Govt, our Govt. did u listen to Abike Dabiri on News yesterday? she said she was head of FG delegation to Indonesia to appeal for the repatriation but the Government denied. That is the law of the land and it must be respected and she did mention that from the airport it is written at almost every 3km "PENALTY FOR DRUG IS DEATH" why are people taking drugs to Indonesia when they know death is the penalty?

2 Likes

Re: Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences by Nobody: 11:02am On Apr 29, 2015
acaolly1:

I wonder when people say our Govt, our Govt. did u listen to Abike Dabiri on News yesterday? she said she was head of FG delegation to Indonesia to appeal for the repatriation but the Government denied. That is the law of the land and it must be respected and she did mention that from the airport it is written at almost every 3km "PENALTY FOR DRUG IS DEATH" why are people taking drugs to Indonesia when they know death is the penalty?
I understand that law of the land must be respected but death penalty is way too much nah.
Re: Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences by IYANGBALI: 11:42am On Apr 29, 2015
Equalizer:

Where I come from in gboland, we respect the dead cos that we are alive today its only by God's grace and mercy...
yawns

1 Like

Re: Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences by hamilton62(m): 1:20pm On Apr 29, 2015
Climaths:
What kind of stringent laws is that? Why can de put such laws in corruption related cases if their country will nt be one of the richest in d world, to me o dat law is gross deciet and wickedness.
Drug offence in the Asia continent is very harsh and the reward for drug trafficking over their is higher... Whenever a country start protecting his own, then people or other countries will start respecting them... Sincerely, I don't pity the victim but the heavy heart their family is facing is my remorse here. They, the victims knew about this before going on their quest for this type of wealth medium.
You cut the head to avoid a continuous life on drug or you regret giving such mercy... Drug traffickers are something else.
Re: Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences by FEAO1985(m): 1:54pm On Apr 29, 2015
Nigeria has not even put 10% of the effort that the Australian or other governments made to stop the execution.
Being a person of multicultural ethnicity i have seen my fellow Nigerians being denied and treated like sub-humans by their very own government. I just thank God that i don't rely on Naija for anything at all cause if i did i would not be where i currently am today.
Re: Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences by melomelo: 2:04pm On Apr 29, 2015
FEAO1985:
Nigeria has not even put 10% of the effort that the Australian or other governments made to stop the execution.
Being a person of multicultural ethnicity i have seen my fellow Nigerians being denied and treated like sub-humans by their very own government. I just thank God that i don't rely on Naija for anything at all cause if i did i would not be where i currently am today.
Remember law is law and where there is no law there is no sin. The Chairperson House Committee on Diaspora matters, Abike Dabiri-Erewa said their are more Nigerians waiting to be executed in Indonesia. Speaking on Channels TV News at 10 last night, Hon Abike said a federal government delegation in which she was part of in 2008 visited Indonesia and found there were 21 Nigerians who were on death row in Indonesia for drug related offenses. She said nothing can be done as its the law in Indonesia. She said every 5m you walk, a sign is displayed saying the penalty for drug trafficking is death.
Re: Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences by FEAO1985(m): 2:05pm On Apr 29, 2015
it is because of people like you, the world is the way it is.
Don't you possess qualities of humanity and love and compassion.
They made a mistake but a death sentence is wrong on so many different levels for drug trafficking!
Re: Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences by FEAO1985(m): 2:09pm On Apr 29, 2015
bear in mind that every law can be revoked and improvised, who makes those laws?
think of the wholistic picture and the scar and loss that the family has to deal with for the rest of their lives.
Death for drug dealing is wrong on so many different levels, it's inhuman and abhorrent
I am totally against execution for drug related crimes but i advocate it for serious crimes against humanity
Re: Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences by melomelo: 2:54pm On Apr 29, 2015
The Indonesia police chief said "What we are doing is carrying out the court decision. Every case should have an end.”
Speaking today to a group of journalists after inspecting the execution site with the national police chief, Commissioner General Badrodin Haiti, Prasetyo offered his condolences to the families of the eight men executed but said the executions were necessary.

I would like to say that an execution is not a pleasant thing. It is not a fun job. But we must do it in order to save the nation from the dangers of drugs. We are not making enemies of the country from which the executed last night came from. What we are fighting against are drug related crimes.
Therefore, I would like to offer my condolences, on the execution of those who were on the death row, to their families, to their home countries. Once again, we are not against the countries, but we are fighting a war against the horrible drug crimes that threaten our nation’s survival.
Re: Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences by Nobody: 3:43pm On Apr 29, 2015
Not available
Re: Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences by favourmic(m): 3:59pm On Apr 29, 2015
Their are some country we should be careful of going and never listen to those useless agent them lie and deceive us, please stay aways from Asians they are so clueless and useless stay away from them they don't know noting about human right
Re: Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences by Maroalo: 5:22pm On Apr 29, 2015
smiley Am so so grateful to God for Mary Jane because I prayed to God to spare her life because of her kids and He did it. It's indeed a miracle. RIP to the others, hope they make heaven. Lesson for all intending drug smugglers.
Re: Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences by Fourwinds: 6:28pm On Apr 29, 2015
Climaths:
read d last paragraph of OP statement
Re: Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences by isalegan2: 4:24am On Apr 30, 2015
mummyson26:
Walahi If I were to go to indonesia the best thing
for me is to go there without luggage, imagine
me stepping on the indonesia's airport one police
man just call me sey oya come here omo na faint
I go faint oo

Hahahaha! my luggage will be a clear plastic handbag. Lol.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences by isalegan2: 6:16pm On Apr 30, 2015
adeyeb:
by grace we are saved nd nt by the law,lest should anyman boost he is perfect,,,i ll advice u ppu to always do good~always

You sound like a good person and the executions have really touched you and a lot of people.

But the fact remains, drugs, especially heroin, are a killer - for sure - sometimes fast, often slow. If it doesn't kill outright, it ruins lives and families and turn addicts into degenerates and criminals. If you deal or traffic drugs and are willing to push it to others, you are willing to kill. If you are willing to take another's life, you in turn should be prepared to give your life when the time comes. It's the deal criminals made with the devil.

We had this same law in Nigeria during Buhari's first regime, (though I'm unsure why was applied retroactively to those who committed their crimes before the law went into effect). It seems those times of anti-criminality and anti-corruption are gone forever and we are now prepared to accept any immorality in our country. Why is that? Do you see how dangerous the country has become? A family friend told of their house being burgled recently, in area that such would never happened a decade ago. A friend told of a "pickpocket" who walked up to her at a bus stop in Costain and pointed a gun at her to give her purse. A gun! A gun! In Naija. ordinary pickpocket has graduated to an armed robber now walking around in daylight unafraid to point a gun at someone at a crowded bus stop!

We are not only comfortable with high levels of criminality, we routinely export it to other countries. Why out of the 8 executed in Indonesia this time, 4 are Nigerians? Do you have any idea how the reputation of drug trafficking affects other international travelers with a Nigerian passport? Do you know how many years Western countries have been stopping honest businesswomen at airports and demanding body searches of them simply because they caught one 3 or 4 Nigerian that month with drugs hidden on their bodies?

Don't do the crime if you're not prepared for the consequences.

Nigeria will be great one day.
Re: Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences by Nobody: 10:04pm On May 08, 2015
cathodekazim:

I suspect you must be from the souteast or southsouth
The country says, don't peddle drug, u peddled it, caught n executed n u said the law is stringent
Yu ar among the ppl that doesn't want the betterment of Nigeria
Grossly disappointed in you
Based on ur comment, I can psyco-analyse ur lifestyle and who yu are,
I can easily u are a morally deprived person, smoker, indicipline and a crude man
Let learn to respect countries law.
Kudos Indohimlaya
please, for the record I tink am entitled to my own opinion. I don't tink I have said anything wrong in trying to question the santity and morality of the laws of idonesia , I. Only said dat it will do dem more good if such laws are channel to the right course, so mr u have no reason to use such derogatory statment on me ok. And beside ur statement tell how uncultured and inmannered u are. Becus u are judgeing me based on your personal emotions, tribal and regional sentement. And that tells how childish u are. God bless Nigeria , shalom
Re: Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences by j1mmy: 7:32pm On May 11, 2015
Relatives and friends of 21 Nigerians in Indonesia who have been condemned to death, have marched to the Indonesia Embassy in Lagos to protest the death of the condemned Nigerians. According to them, about 2008 Nigerians have been killed so far in Indonesia and 21 are about to be executed too. They urged the Federal Government to intervene urgently to save the lives of their loved ones, adding that any delay to act could be dangerous.

4 IGBO drug dealers executed by firing squad recently:
1, Martin Anderson - an IGBO who had traveled to Indonesia on fake Ghana passport and incorrectly.identified as Ghanian.
2, Okwudili Oyatanze
3, Silvester Obiekwe Nwolise
4, Stephanus Jamiu Owolabi (He apprently used a mixed IGBO and Yoruba name on a fake ID, also had a fake EU passport with Raheem Agbaje.

Just confirmed, the Next batch of IGBO people to be executed by firing squad in Indonesia soon:

Kingsley Okonkwo
Michael Titus Igwe
Izuchukwu Ezioha
Ekperedike S. Olekama
Adam Wilson
Hilary K. Chinezie
Eugene Ape
Humprey Ejike
Okwudil Ayotaeze
Obinna Nwajiagu
Fredrick Luther ( Benjamin Obiora)
Sylvester Nwaolisa
Dennis Anumora
Ikenna Ezenweukwe.
Gabriel Nnadi - died in prison

Apart from the ones on death row, about 2008 IGBOS (excluding the ones killed recently) are said to have been executed in Indonesia since IGBOS started the DRUG trade there decades ago.

A death row filipino lady, Mary Jane Veloso whose case is causing international outcry was said to be a mule used by IGBO people, Donna Uche and Samuel EzeKalu.

According to Thai, Vietnam, Cambodian, Chinese, Malaysian, Indonesian police, Igbo people bearing Nigerian passports are a major source of drug trafficking in Asia and are now using local girls as mules to ferry drugs abroad. Nigerian passport holders are the subject of serious scrutiny and abuse by Asian police as a result of IGBO drug dealers and human traffickers. IGBO people are apparently single handedly making it impossible for Nigerians to holiday, travel freely and conduct business due to IGBO activities.

References:
-Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodian, Chinese, Malaysian, Indonesian police
-Nigerian Embassy in Thailand, China, Indonesian
-Chairman, Asian Businessmen Association, ABMA, Mr. Athan Ezenwa Okedu
-Chairman of Youth for Greater Nigerians, YGN, Dr. Paschal Okoli
-Ministry of Foreign affairs
-House of reps committee on Diaspora Affairs

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/483518/pinoyabroad/news/veloso-recruiters-allegedly-worked-for-west-african-drug-ring

http://uncova.com/stop-indonesia-from-executing-more-nigerians-relatives-tell-jonathan-as-they-march-to-nigerian-indonesia-embassy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wife Kills Her Husband In Lagos Island(photos) / Girl Shot In The Mouth In Aluu, Rivers State. Graphic / A Furniture Maker Lured And Killed In Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.