Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,844 members, 7,828,072 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

Why Buhari Must Do Another NNPC Audit - Cramjones - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Buhari Must Do Another NNPC Audit - Cramjones (1099 Views)

NDA Blew Up Another NNPC Gas And Crude Trunkline / NNPC Audit Report Exposes Double Subsidy Payments / NNPC Audit Report: Apologise To Jonathan, Group Urges Sanusi, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Buhari Must Do Another NNPC Audit - Cramjones by Nobody: 4:54am On Apr 29, 2015
When a globally respected auditing firm like Price Water House Coopers tells you that “the procedures we performed did not constitute an examination or review in accordance with generally accepted standards or attestation standards.” If anytime took time to read the audit, PWC claimed that a NNPC denied a number of accounts the requested access too, and CBN also declined same. If this is true, which I believe is, then do anyone in his/her right senses think the PWC should be taken as face value. The truth is money was stolen, huge amounts of it, and we must find out how much and who partook in this loot!

The APC leadership as requested General Mohammadu Buhari to higer McKinsey and Co to do another audit. PWC knew that this was a possiblity and as a globally respected company thy added the clause saying the audit they did was by no means half complete. GMB will definitely get to the bottom of this, and GEJ and his co-thiefs will end of up jail!

Nigerians will NEVER accept massive looting to that scale. We must get to the root of the matter.

-CramJones

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Must Do Another NNPC Audit - Cramjones by hrhobi1(m): 4:58am On Apr 29, 2015
True.
Re: Why Buhari Must Do Another NNPC Audit - Cramjones by papaejima1: 5:21am On Apr 29, 2015
Ok
Re: Why Buhari Must Do Another NNPC Audit - Cramjones by efilefun(m): 5:45am On Apr 29, 2015
Definitely, who will work with an audit report that had no access to the main accounts it was suppose to audit?
Re: Why Buhari Must Do Another NNPC Audit - Cramjones by chibas: 5:48am On Apr 29, 2015
Personally i can say that there was no government For the past for 4 years,the masses only survive by God grace, what i see'are scammers and pretenders.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Must Do Another NNPC Audit - Cramjones by LordCenturion(m): 5:58am On Apr 29, 2015
@cramjone, don't worry nau, let baba enter, if am baba, I will silent on the issue of probe, then take action wen I enter

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Must Do Another NNPC Audit - Cramjones by Soloter(m): 6:29am On Apr 29, 2015
As it is now, it will take the MERCY of the Almighty God for GMB to enter ASO Villa because of a leaking mouth.

Is there no wise man amongst the APC stalwarts to advice this man to seal his lips and be free to say whatever he wants to say after may 29th?

Pls my political role model, His Excellency, Gov. Rotimi Amaechi, arise and do something.
Re: Why Buhari Must Do Another NNPC Audit - Cramjones by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:27am On Apr 29, 2015
My eyes are on Udom Emmanuel, Governor elect of Akwa-Ibom State. He was one of those who handled the Auditing of NNPC with Price WaterHouse Coopers. He used to work with PWC and he also worked with Zenith Bank, the bank that allegedly helped in stealing the funds.

Note the Zenith Bank Manager, Godwin Emefiele who was made the CBN Governor denied PWC access to the accounts.

Whatever investigation that goes on into this NNPC Audit, the Presidency's should put his eyes on udom Emmanuel.
Re: Why Buhari Must Do Another NNPC Audit - Cramjones by opiaoku: 7:35am On Apr 29, 2015
cramjones otu nne i ebea
Re: Why Buhari Must Do Another NNPC Audit - Cramjones by chamboy(m): 7:40am On Apr 29, 2015
opiaoku:
cramjones otu nne i ebea

Re: Why Buhari Must Do Another NNPC Audit - Cramjones by chamboy(m): 7:46am On Apr 29, 2015
opiaoku:
cramjones otu nne i ebea
shoro niyen

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Must Do Another NNPC Audit - Cramjones by ferhyntorlah(f): 7:56am On Apr 29, 2015
TheGoodJoe:
My eyes are on Udom Emmanuel, Governor elect of Akwa-Ibom State. He was one of those who handled the Auditing of NNPC with Price WaterHouse Coopers. He used to work with PWC and he also worked with Zenith Bank, the bank who allegedly helped in the stealing of the funds.

Note the Zenith Bank Manager, Godwin Emefiele who was made the CBN Governor denied PWC access to the accounts.

Whatever investigation that goes on into this NNPC Audit, the Presidency's should put his eyes in udom Emmanuel.
Is that so? I see that CBN governor being removed.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Must Do Another NNPC Audit - Cramjones by bolaino(m): 8:22am On Apr 29, 2015
cramjones:
When a globally respected auditing firm like Price Water House Coopers tells you that “the procedures we performed did not constitute an examination or review in accordance with generally accepted standards or attestation standards.” If anytime took time to read the audit, PWC claimed that a NNPC denied a number of accounts the requested access too, and CBN also declined same. If this is true, which I believe is, then do anyone in his/her right senses think the PWC should be taken as face value. The truth is money was stolen, huge amounts of it, and we must find out how much and who partook in this loot!

The APC leadership as requested General Mohammadu Buhari to higer McKinsey and Co to do another audit. PWC knew that this was a possiblity and as a globally respected company thy added the clause saying the audit they did was by no means half complete. GMB will definitely get to the bottom of this, and GEJ and his co-thiefs will end of up jail!

Nigerians will NEVER accept massive looting to that scale. We must get to the root of the matter.

-CramJones
Cramjones, Cramjones, Cramjones. You really know how to Cram.
Re: Why Buhari Must Do Another NNPC Audit - Cramjones by Nobody: 8:55am On Apr 29, 2015
In hope for a clear futuristic picture in this home of diversity in ethnicity, thoughts , mindset, etc , I recommend that there shouldn't be any travesty of justice.
Nigeria is being held on a polity that is unfavorable for the masses .
It isn't a matter of , they are political elites, so let us not disgrace or convict them of heinous criminal cases , why their shenanigans keep reflecting innocency at the expenses of the masses .
I urge the incoming government and the advocating masses even in the e-world to remain credible to the emancipation of the masses and country in whole from the grip of corrupt practices and babaricity. If you fall or join them because of money, I wonder when the case of corruption will be dealt with.
OP , a thank you for this and I hope you won't be a failure to the truth you seek one day. God bless you sire.
Re: Why Buhari Must Do Another NNPC Audit - Cramjones by Kanwuliajeje: 9:02am On Apr 29, 2015

[size=20pt]PTF Fraud: How N25 Billion was stolen under Buhari’s watch[/size]
The Petroleum Trust Fund was inaugurated by the Abacha administration in March 1995 and General Muhammadu Buhari was appointed to head the Fund which was formed sequel to the increase in the pump price of petrol to N 11 from N 3.25. The then Head of State, Gen Abacha had said then that the Fund was to distribute the gain from the increased price on social and infrastructural projects.
Re: Why Buhari Must Do Another NNPC Audit - Cramjones by Boss13: 9:22am On Apr 29, 2015
Cramjones, I am disappointed with your post after reading it. PWC is an international auditing firm - This is a forensic audit and it is different from a regular audit which is conducted in accordance with specified auditing standards either International Standards of Audit (ISA) or any preferred standard as recommended by the jurisdiction in view. The difference between a forensic audit and a regular audit lies in the user of the audit report. PWC made a disclaimer that the report is mainly for the consumption of the Auditor-General of the Federation, the principal, who hired it and any third-parties who rely on the report do so at their own will.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Must Do Another NNPC Audit - Cramjones by tuniski: 9:25am On Apr 29, 2015
ferhyntorlah:
Is that so? I see that CBN governor being removed.
the audit is not of CBN why are they asking of CBN accounts? The should only request information on account for which CBN will oblige. Yeye let buhari come and do his probe and shame himself!
Re: Why Buhari Must Do Another NNPC Audit - Cramjones by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 10:10am On Apr 29, 2015
What NNPC needs is reform or total overhaul and not another forensic audit.

Nobody works for or with NNPC in decision making capacity and comes out not implicated (directly or otherwise).

Buhari's pin code is still with those men at NNPC to activate should Buhari walk beyond boundaries.

The first shot at Buhari from NNPC

Buhari Indirectly Indicts Himself - NNPC

The Corporation, in a statement by its Group General Manager, Public Affairs, Ohi Alegbe, on Friday in Abuja, described Buhari's allegation as “political mischief”.

Says if Buhari insists on NNPC having two accounts, then Buhari must have stolen the 2.8 Billion dollars in 1978

"The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) has responded strongly to the allegation of fraud levelled against it by former Head of State and presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (rtd), saying such claims were untrue.

It further stated that if by making the allegation in his acceptance speech at the just concluded convention, Buhari wanted the Nigerian public to believe what he had said, then it might as well be good for him to concede that the allegation of a missing $2.8 billion oil money against the NNPC under his watch as minister of petroleum was true.

NNPC said that coming from a former petroleum minister under whose watch a similar allegation of fraud was made, Buhari’s statement smacks of political mischief as he should know better than to peddle “beer palour gossip as facts.”

Said NNPC: “It is sad that General Buhari, one of the founding fathers of the NNPC who himself has tasted of the virulent but false allegations deliberately concocted to cast the corporation and the public sector management of the nation’s oil and gas industry in bad light, would be the one to allege that NNPC runs two sets of account books, one for public consumption and another for insiders.

“We consider General Buhari’s allegation in bad taste as it is nothing but a deliberate political mischief calculated to cast the corporation in opprobrium all in a bid to shore up his political capital.

“We find it difficult to understand how a former head of state who has also served as minister of petroleum resources could believe that NNPC keeps two sets of account books to perpetrate fraud, knowing that NNPC is the most audited and scrutinised agency in the country.

"In the past one year alone, the corporation has had its books scrutinised and audited by the senate committee on finance and an external auditor, PriceWaterhouseCooper (PWC). Is it possible for the accounting discrepancies insinuated by General Buhari to escape the attention of such internationally-acclaimed auditors? “And in any case, why would an alleged fraudulent corporation keep two sets of accounting books knowing that such could be used as evidence against it?.”

The statement continued: “We hereby state emphatically that NNPC neither keeps two sets of account books nor is aware of the existence of such as the corporation is run in line with international best practice.

“If General Buhari believes such false information that are usually the subject of beer parlour gossip was true, would he rather that the Nigerian public believe that the allegation of missing $2.8 billion oil money against the NNPC under his watch as minister of petroleum was true?”

It therefore asked the Nigerian public to discountenance the allegation as there was no iota of truth in it."

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/nnpc-to-apc-presidential-candidate-we-dont-keep-two-accounts/196590/

Re: Why Buhari Must Do Another NNPC Audit - Cramjones by NCOIM(m): 10:15am On Apr 29, 2015
Who left this APC thug's Cage open?

Well,,,Its obvious that he has lost it angry
Re: Why Buhari Must Do Another NNPC Audit - Cramjones by Boss13: 10:17am On Apr 29, 2015
I agree with the poster above me. A total overhaul is required rather than an audit, except the president-elect, intends to recover stolen wealth and if this is the case, then a thorough audit from inception should be carried out and not specific period in order not to be portrayed as been vindictive.

Afterwards, Government stakes in NNPC should be sold out and the corporation should be commercialized. An oversight public entity should be set up to oversee the oil and gas industry.
Re: Why Buhari Must Do Another NNPC Audit - Cramjones by ferhyntorlah(f): 10:25am On Apr 29, 2015
tuniski:
the audit is not of CBN why are they asking of CBN accounts? The should only request information on account for which CBN will oblige. Yeye let buhari come and do his probe and shame himself!
Lick honey twice daily to cure the bitterness in you. Peace to you.
Re: Why Buhari Must Do Another NNPC Audit - Cramjones by tuniski: 12:27pm On Apr 29, 2015
ferhyntorlah:
Lick honey twice daily to cure the bitterness in you. Peace to you.
thanks but, it is not bitterness oooo just putting it straight ni. We all take about similar food difference is where and how it is prepared and served! Nothing statemanly in buhari taking milo in small quantity while expensive!
Re: Why Buhari Must Do Another NNPC Audit - Cramjones by tucky200(m): 12:32pm On Apr 29, 2015
Kanwuliajeje:

[size=20pt]PTF Fraud: How N25 Billion was stolen under Buhari’s watch[/size]
The Petroleum Trust Fund was inaugurated by the Abacha administration in March 1995 and General Muhammadu Buhari was appointed to head the Fund which was formed sequel to the increase in the pump price of petrol to N 11 from N 3.25. The then Head of State, Gen Abacha had said then that the Fund was to distribute the gain from the increased price on social and infrastructural projects.
25bn ??...me I heard 2.8bn and he was investigated thoroughly and there was no missing money
Re: Why Buhari Must Do Another NNPC Audit - Cramjones by Nobody: 5:23am On Apr 30, 2015
I like this old troll cheesy cheesy cheesy.

(1) (Reply)

A S / Down Memory Lane: Nnamdi Azikiwe Speech 11yrs Before Nigeria Independence / Federal Nigeria Senators In the country of Western Nigeria Are Diaspora Senators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.