Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,129 members, 7,845,747 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

I Didn’t Apologise To George –tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Didn’t Apologise To George –tinubu (653 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Didn’t Apologise To Buhari, Says Lawyer / I Gave N600 Million To George, Odili,bafarawa,nwobodo,others-ex-minister Yuguda / Bode George: Tinubu Has Begged Me For Forgiveness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Didn’t Apologise To George –tinubu by Emenahagos02(m): 6:36am On Apr 29, 2015
Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and former governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu yesterday said he did not apologise to the PDP chieftain in the state, Bode George.

A statement from Tinubu’s media office had alleged that Bode George, during an interview in a national daily said Tinubu begged him for forgiveness.

The purported apology, according to the statement, allegedly took place during the burial of Chief Alao Arisekola.

Tinubu said he had never offended George in any way, so he could not have sought for any forgiveness from him.

Clarifying what happened during the burial of Chief Arisekola, Tinubu said: “Mr George claims the alleged apology was made at the burial of Chief Alao Arisekola. On that date, personalities such as Oba Otudeko and Governor Ajimobi approached me because I did not greet him initially. They pleaded that in the memory of the man we were all gathered to honour, I should greet him. At their request, I turned back and went to greet him by saying, ‘Good Afternoon Egbon.’ If he wishes to interpret that as an apology, he has the right to do so, but, I also have the right to state categorically that no apology was made or even intended.”

He accused George of trying to blame him for his ordeal, whereas he was found guilty of financial malfeasance by a court of competent jurisdiction.

He said: “I think somehow he is still trying to implicate me as instigating the criminal proceedings once lodged against him. From my recollection, he was found guilty by a court of competent jurisdiction based on convincing evidence of wrongdoing. He insults the judiciary by implying that his conviction was wrongly derived.

“Mr. George seeks to imbue me with more power than I could possibly have. I am flattered but in all humility, I must protest the false assessment. If he can remember, the government of the day was that of the PDP.”

I have never had or sought much influence in those circles. He was charged by the government ruled by his own party for an offence concerning financial irregularities at the Nigeria Ports Authority (NPA); an appointment he received from that same government. It is an incredible tale indeed to state that somehow I could direct a party that tried to dismantle the progressive political structure of my party to bring down one of its key members.”

Tinubu said that if George was using that avenue to stay back in Lagos after he threatened to go on exile if APC won the gubernatorial election, he was free to stay as neither him nor his party, the APC, has anything against him.

“I think   he is trying to find a way to walk back from his election hyperbole that he would go on exile if the APC won the Lagos State governorship election.  He has realised that Lagos under the APC is a very good place to live after all. If he wants to remain in Lagos, he does not have to manufacture an excuse or explain away his bad words. Neither the APC nor I have anything against him.  In the election, the people rejected his party and his brand of politics. That is enough for us. We will move on to greater progress.  We have no time or inclination to trouble ourselves by troubling Bode George. Any trouble he is experiencing is a product of his own mind,” he submitted.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=116919

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Apologise To George –tinubu by MrScript(m): 6:41am On Apr 29, 2015
"Tinubu said he had never offended George in any way, so he could not have sought for any forgiveness from him."

GBAM!!!... case settled, I no want hear noise from two of una again..

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Apologise To George –tinubu by Kelklein(m): 6:41am On Apr 29, 2015
who we go take?
Re: I Didn’t Apologise To George –tinubu by jantofubu(m): 6:46am On Apr 29, 2015
i wnt even disturb maself 2 knw who is lyin btw 2 of u

awon oniranu
keep fytin lyk fowl nd mislead d public
only a few ppl knw its publicity stunt
Re: I Didn’t Apologise To George –tinubu by museveni(m): 6:49am On Apr 29, 2015
Has this man bleached before or abi na my eye?
Re: I Didn’t Apologise To George –tinubu by benuejosh: 6:50am On Apr 29, 2015
In politics you don't predict
Re: I Didn’t Apologise To George –tinubu by chumasmog(m): 6:51am On Apr 29, 2015
Birds of alike feather! lipsrsealed
Re: I Didn’t Apologise To George –tinubu by Nobody: 6:59am On Apr 29, 2015
Nonsense kiss
Re: I Didn’t Apologise To George –tinubu by Faremisodeeq(m): 7:07am On Apr 29, 2015
Politicians are liars. After listening to his media aide he is now saying he didn't mteeew.
Re: I Didn’t Apologise To George –tinubu by Pheals(f): 7:20am On Apr 29, 2015
Getting involved in politicians matters reduce life.....let them be thinking of their palava so that their life will be shorten...tinubu and mr bode are enemy forget all
Re: I Didn’t Apologise To George –tinubu by sinizia: 7:25am On Apr 29, 2015
This two old crooks should shut the fúck up and face their governmental duties. We're tired of loose talks. Old cargos!!
Re: I Didn’t Apologise To George –tinubu by Femistico(m): 7:25am On Apr 29, 2015
na there matter be dat
Re: I Didn’t Apologise To George –tinubu by Mapletraks: 11:55pm On Apr 29, 2015
^^^^^

That is a brilliant response from Asiwaju Tinubu

I read the Sunday Punch article of yesterday

and it is very clear that Olabode George has

delusional problems. He even refered to Obanikoro who is already a grandfather as a

boy!

(1) (Reply)

Oba Akiolu's Revelations: Former PDP Leaders, Govs, Incite Buhari Against Tinubu / Man To Swim From Lagos To Abuja To Congratulate Buhari / Opportunity Of Work In Spain For Everybody...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.