Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,745 members, 7,820,572 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

My View On Corruption! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My View On Corruption! (293 Views)

Melaye Submits Petition On Corruption By Manitoba To EFCC / Okonjo-iweala Backs Buhari On Corruption War / My View On Buhari's Wife And Her Evil N137 Million IDP Donation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My View On Corruption! by peedeeasobie(m): 9:21am On Apr 29, 2015
We have a very faulty system in this country!
The system and structure legalize and encourage corruption, as long as this system is in place, the fight against corruption will only be theory.

That was why Efcc couldn't do much during Obj's regime because the system and structure will fight any anti-corruption stance.

Do we need change in our nation? Emphatically yes! This is not just a political change, its a change of systems and structures. A change of mindsets. These cannot just be achieved through propaganda. There must be a deliberate willingness on the part of the nation. Every aspect of the nation must be ready, willing and also tired of corruption.

Our education sector must be revisited and restructured! All our levels of education must teach patriotism and against indiscipline and corruption. There should be courses that address these issues of corruption and patriotism in primary schools, secondary schools and tertiary institution.
It must be our consciousness. A growing child must know what corruption is and learn to say no. These courses should be made compulsory and anyone who fails the courses no matter how good he passes others must be made to repeat.
There should role models of anti-corruption taught in these courses and there should also be negative people showcased as corrupt people in our nation.

Where there is corruption, there will tribalism, ethnicity and other vices. How can the jail term for exam malpractice be 21 years and that of corruption be less?
Until there is a definite stand, seen stance, known stance, perceived stance, action stance against corruption, we are not yet ready.

Activism must be encouraged! People must rise up against corrupt officials and call them out without fear!

The fight against corruption must be rugged, vigorous, total and complete! It must be unbias, unfettered and clean.

(1) (Reply)

Standbybaganigeria / Water Borehole Drillers For Abuja Residents And Dwellers / FG Demand Bodies Of Executed Nigerians In Indonesia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.