Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

Kogi State Slashes Salaries Nearly In Half - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kogi State Slashes Salaries Nearly In Half (2390 Views)

Current Status Of Workers Salaries In South West Nigeria / BREAKING NEWS: Oyo State Slashes Salaries Of Political Office Holders By 50% / Oyo State Slashes Appointees Salaries By 50 Percent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kogi State Slashes Salaries Nearly In Half by NewsINigeria(m): 11:15am On Apr 29, 2015
Workers in the state of Kogi have to tighten their belts. The state government told it cuts their salary nearly in half – by 40 per cent.

Kogi State Slashes Salaries Nearly In Half

The Kogi state government has to cut workers’ salary by 40 per cent. This measure is the cause of the decreasing federal allocation, with N1.2 billion reducing from March to April. The state received the sum of N3.7 billion from federal budget in March, while in April it got only N2.5 billion, while the monthly wage bill is N3.2 billion.

READ ALSO: How FG Embezzled N900bn Natural Resource Funds

To avoid wage arrears it was decided to reduce salaries by 40 per cent, said in the statement by the special adviser on media and strategy to the governor, Mr Jacob Edi, who is also affected by salary cuts.

However, not all the workers will have to tighten their belts. The staffs on grade level from 1 to 6 will not be affected by the reduction. Only the workers of workers in grade level 7 and above, the state commissioners, special advisers and all appointed officials would have their salaries reduced.

Nigeria government revenue fell 21.5 percent of total expected revenues to 315.04 billion naira in March, that equals around $1.6bn. One fifth of the expected revenues didn’t come into the state treasury because of the pipeline shutdowns. Lower earnings from the non-oil sector also attributed the decrease of revenue in March, according to the accountant general Jonah Otunla.

Read more>>> http://www.justyouchat.comk/kogi-state-slashes-salaries-nearly-in-half/
Re: Kogi State Slashes Salaries Nearly In Half by Nobody: 11:17am On Apr 29, 2015
ok
Re: Kogi State Slashes Salaries Nearly In Half by NCOIM(m): 11:17am On Apr 29, 2015
Nobody cares about what this Most backward State in Nigeria does lipsrsealed

They Should start with their infrastructure First

What a third workd state.. angry
Re: Kogi State Slashes Salaries Nearly In Half by Nobody: 11:18am On Apr 29, 2015
military zone

keep off
Re: Kogi State Slashes Salaries Nearly In Half by biafransoul: 11:21am On Apr 29, 2015
Una still dey see small change from the Fg now wait till baba one chance misbehave and we have no more oil coming from East and Niger Delta then.........

5 Likes

Re: Kogi State Slashes Salaries Nearly In Half by NCOIM(m): 11:27am On Apr 29, 2015
biafransoul:
Una still dey see small change from the Fg now wait till baba one chance misbehave and we have no more oil coming from East and Niger Delta then.........
;DThe old olodo will soon say he didn't promiseStabilizaction of oil price grin
Still watching

2 Likes

Re: Kogi State Slashes Salaries Nearly In Half by ozoigbondu: 11:33am On Apr 29, 2015
l pity states that depend on oyel money

3 Likes

Re: Kogi State Slashes Salaries Nearly In Half by chiefinalowo: 11:36am On Apr 29, 2015
biafransoul:
Una still dey see small change from the Fg now wait till baba one chance misbehave and we have no more [b]oil coming from East [/b]and Niger Delta then.........

The last time I checked, the Oil in the whole of SE is not up to what we have in Ondo State.
Even my LGA in Ondo State has more Oil than the whole of SE.

5 Likes

Re: Kogi State Slashes Salaries Nearly In Half by NCOIM(m): 11:43am On Apr 29, 2015
chiefinalowo:

The last time I checked, the Oil in the whole of SE is not up to what we have in Ondo State.

Dude,,,stop making noise and Make use of your maggot infested brain for once

Browse it

Anambra Oil is ripe for Commerciaization

What is ondo?...Sounds like a State Recently plagued by a strange disease recently
:- undecided grin
Re: Kogi State Slashes Salaries Nearly In Half by iyatrustee(f): 11:44am On Apr 29, 2015
Such wickedness! There are other loopholes that can be tightened. Why not slash the allowances of Political office holders instead of reducing from poor workers?
Re: Kogi State Slashes Salaries Nearly In Half by Nobody: 11:47am On Apr 29, 2015
CHANGE has come..

1 Like

Re: Kogi State Slashes Salaries Nearly In Half by chiefinalowo: 11:48am On Apr 29, 2015
NCOIM:

Browse it

What is ondo?...Sounds like a State Recently plagued by a strange disease recently

That is why you failed WAEC 5 times.
Read my post again and again.
I never said SE don't have some litres of oil.
I said the oil in Ondo State alone not mentioning Ogun and Lagos states are more than some litres of oil in the entire SE.

3 Likes

Re: Kogi State Slashes Salaries Nearly In Half by NCOIM(m): 11:52am On Apr 29, 2015
chiefinalowo:

That is why you failed WAEC 5 times.
Read my post again and again.
I never said SE don't have some litres of oil.
I said the oil in Ondo State alone not mentioning Ogun and Lagos states are more than some litres of oil in the entire SE.

Fool,,WAEC is a one time attempt for me grin
Maybe you are just telling me your Story grin
Re: Kogi State Slashes Salaries Nearly In Half by vanunu: 12:22pm On Apr 29, 2015
chiefinalowo:

Have u heard of Njaba basin in imo state?
Re: Kogi State Slashes Salaries Nearly In Half by engrfcuksmtin(m): 12:48pm On Apr 29, 2015
NCOIM:

Browse it

You mean the one stolen from Ibaji people of Kogi State? Anambra Oil

1 Like

Re: Kogi State Slashes Salaries Nearly In Half by NCOIM(m): 1:09pm On Apr 29, 2015
engrfcuksmtin:
You mean the one stolen from Ibaji people of Kogi State? Anambra Oil

I cant argue with you angry
Its clear that you are in the Jupiter[sup][/sup] angry
angry grin
Re: Kogi State Slashes Salaries Nearly In Half by erudyt(m): 2:15pm On Apr 29, 2015
NCOIM:
Nobody cares about what this Most backward State in Nigeria does lipsrsealed

They Should start with their infrastructure First

What a third workd state.. angry
Oga dumbass that 'most backward' state is far better than some states in the South East in this geographical entity called Nigeria, what more...it's more relevant economically, politicaly than most states in the SE. Now bounce boy 'cause it's obvious you're a kiddo.

1 Like

Re: Kogi State Slashes Salaries Nearly In Half by laidian(m): 2:29pm On Apr 29, 2015
NCOIM:

;DThe old olodo will soon say he didn't promiseStabilizaction of oil price grin
Still watching

And you called him olodo?!
Re: Kogi State Slashes Salaries Nearly In Half by olawalepopoola: 3:00pm On Apr 29, 2015
With the amount mineral resources in that state, I do not think Kogi state should be poor. If na APC led state PDP could have begun to rant! With Iron Ore, marble, and gemstones
Kogi state alone has deposits of a total of 29 MINERAL RESOURCES available in commercial quantities.These include coal,dolomite,feldspar,bauxite,iron ore,tar,limestone,gold etc. Each of the 21 LGAs in the state has deposits of at least 2 minerals. One of the coal-rich areas is the Okaba district of Ankpa LGA which alone holds reserves of 99 million tonnes of coal. As things stand, Kogi state alone has enough deposits of coal to supply all of Nigeria with electricity for 400 years. Kogi state alone holds enough limestone to keep 3 giant-sized cement factories (with over 15m tons annual capacity) operational for an unbroken stretch of 99 years. HOW COME YOU COME DE BROKE
Re: Kogi State Slashes Salaries Nearly In Half by Nobody: 3:30pm On Apr 29, 2015
olawalepopoola:
With the amount mineral resources in that state, I do not think Kogi state should be poor. If na APC led state PDP could have begun to rant! With Iron Ore, marble, and gemstones
Kogi state alone has deposits of a total of 29 MINERAL RESOURCES available in commercial quantities.These include coal,dolomite,feldspar,bauxite,iron ore,tar,limestone,gold etc. Each of the 21 LGAs in the state has deposits of at least 2 minerals. One of the coal-rich areas is the Okaba district of Ankpa LGA which alone holds reserves of 99 million tonnes of coal. As things stand, Kogi state alone has enough deposits of coal to supply all of Nigeria with electricity for 400 years. Kogi state alone holds enough limestone to keep 3 giant-sized cement factories (with over 15m tons annual capacity) operational for an unbroken stretch of 99 years. HOW COME YOU COME DE BROKE

HELP ME ASK PDP, I'M STILL @HOME DUE TO STRIKE cry cry
Re: Kogi State Slashes Salaries Nearly In Half by NCOIM(m): 3:53pm On Apr 29, 2015
erudyt:
Oga dumbass that 'most backward' state is far better than some states in the South East in this geographical entity called Nigeria, what more...it's more relevant economically, politicaly than most states in the SE. Now bounce boy 'cause it's obvious you're a kiddo.

Mtchewww
After Sleep-typing,,,you'll Wake up and think again before posting angry
Northern Slave
Re: Kogi State Slashes Salaries Nearly In Half by NCOIM(m): 3:54pm On Apr 29, 2015
laidian:

And you called him olodo?!

Okay,,,he should choose one between Dunce and Olodo undecided
Re: Kogi State Slashes Salaries Nearly In Half by chiefinalowo: 4:01pm On Apr 29, 2015
vanunu:

Have u heard of Njaba basin in imo state?

There is nothing like Njaba basin!
You must be one of the students that could not make head way in Geology or Geophysics.
Re: Kogi State Slashes Salaries Nearly In Half by IGBOSON2: 4:05pm On Apr 29, 2015
While Anambra is adding to workers pay, Kogi is slashing like there's no tomorrow!......Upon all the investment/business opportunities starring them in the face! If na to drag few marginal oil wells with Anambra now, na there dem go get action!
Re: Kogi State Slashes Salaries Nearly In Half by erudyt(m): 4:35pm On Apr 29, 2015
NCOIM:

Mtchewww
After Sleep-typing,,,you'll Wake up and think again before posting angry
Northern Slave
Y'all are the same sad, fish brain _flatheads. That state is not your average State as far Nigeria is concerned. #truthisbitter
Re: Kogi State Slashes Salaries Nearly In Half by erudyt(m): 4:41pm On Apr 29, 2015
olawalepopoola:
Igalas bro, Igalas ruined that state. I hope they wise up in next year's guber poll.
Re: Kogi State Slashes Salaries Nearly In Half by Nobody: 1:13am On Apr 30, 2015
chiefinalowo:

smiley
Re: Kogi State Slashes Salaries Nearly In Half by ifyan(m): 2:49am On Apr 30, 2015
Why all this sudden move.

Can somebody tell me.
Re: Kogi State Slashes Salaries Nearly In Half by divinelove(m): 1:40pm On May 04, 2015
chisos hard time awaits kogi state workers

imagine taking home 60k instead of ur usual 100k dts massive reduction lipsrsealed

Will this affect lecturers in their state university my friend works there sad

if this sails thro most states might follow d same way, when are we going to slash d salary of all political office holders undecided

cc ogawisdom cool
Re: Kogi State Slashes Salaries Nearly In Half by divinelove(m): 1:49pm On May 04, 2015
40% Percent Salaries Slash Kogi Legislators-elect React

SOME newly elected legislators from Kogi have expressed divergent views on the 40 per cent pay-cut announced by the state government on salaries of public and civil servants.
Speaking with our correspondet in Abuja over the weekend, some of them blamed the problem on bad governance; others blamed it on reduction in monthly allocation to the state.
The Special Adviser to the Governor on Media and Strategy, Mr. Jacob Edi, had on Wednesday announced a 40 per cent pay-cut in the salaries of public and civil servants in the state.
According to him, the state government got N2.5 billion allocation in April, but has monthly wage bill of N3.2 billion.
Mr. Abdulraman Abubakar, Senator-elect to represent Kogi East (PDP) blamed the slash on the low Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) of the state which makes it reliant on Federal Government allocation.
He said that the allocation to the state has been dwindling and the state’s N400 million monthly IGR could not augment allocation.
“I am aware that what the government got for last month was a lot lower than its normal allocation so the government is doing its best out of a bad situation.
“The wage bill is the right of a worker, but I will call for understanding with the government, I am sure the situation will pickup and there will be improved revenue,” he said.
He said that the state government was doing all it could to meet the demands of workers.
Abubakar urged the state to strive to improve on its IGR which was about N400 million per month, so that the state does not completely rely on the Federal Government’s allocation.
Reacting to allegations that the salary slash had been in existence for the past three years, Mr. Emmanuel Egwu, Member-elect to represent Ida, Igalamela, Odolu, Ofu and Ibaji Federal Constituency of Kogi said it was untrue.
He said that most of the states under the All Progressives Congress were not paying salaries.
He said that the state until now has been very steady in its payment of salaries even though the governor upon assumption of office met an increased salary and debts.
He also blamed the salary slash on reduction in allocation to the state due to the nation’s economic challenges.
“You can go to the records and confirm yourself, the wage bill is more than the allocation and you cannot give what you do not have and that was the basis of the slash,” he said.
He said that the state had seen the need to improve its IGR which was why it had recruited a consultant to proffer avenues through which the state could generate more revenue.
However, for Hon. Dino Melaye Senator-elect to represent Kogi-West (APC) he blamed the salary slash on bad governance.
Dino said that the workers in Kogi have for a long time only been receiving a percentage of their salaries.
“The APC has a guideline that controls every governor of every state and I can assure you that the issue of revenue generation will be taken care of by the party.
He joined the many voices to call for the reduction in the salaries of National Assembly members, adding that he will personally champion the course.
He said the legislators must be sacrificial and allow a cut in their salaries and the funds used to handle other developmental projects including proper oversight function.
For Mr. Hassan Omale APC-Member-elect to represent Ankpa, Omala, Olamaboro Federal Constituency in Kogi the workers had not been collecting complete salaries for a long time.
“In the Local governments, since the last three years they have not received their complete salaries, they have been suffering there,” he said. -

See more at: http://www.nigerianobservernews.com/2015/05/03/40-percent-salaries-slash-kogi-legislators-elect-react/#sthash.tb6xhSNk.dpuf

(1) (Reply)

Tonto Dikeh Puts “b**b” On Display In New Pic / Niger Deltans, Concerned Nigerians, Read This! / Chief Olu Falae Must Apologise To The Fulani Herdsmen & Fulani People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.