Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:53 AM

Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price (37886 Views)

What Is The Bride Price In Your Own Hometown? / Origin And History Of Anambra Towns / Ex-military Governor Of Anambra Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Zico5(m): 8:29pm On Apr 29, 2015
Begging them, mcheeeeew. Na today dem dey beg them. Do u know the reason why igbo are real criminals, armed robbers and corruption personified? Then u know for sure. Thank God for my tribe. Very proud of ODUDUWA

9 Likes

Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Sunymoore(m): 8:30pm On Apr 29, 2015
Huh!
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by femi4: 8:30pm On Apr 29, 2015
Princecalm:
Nuturing a female in Igbo land is like an investment because it will surely yield fruits.
fruits like mango?

4 Likes

Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Aust1n(m): 8:30pm On Apr 29, 2015
Yeah. Dats gud so dat I go fit marry Chidinma
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Nobody: 8:30pm On Apr 29, 2015
On their own... Our ladies be growing chest all over their chest and still be under parents roof... Child not commodity Nne Amaka
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by IYANGBALI: 8:31pm On Apr 29, 2015
Abeg make dem no reduce am,NA the girls go dey hear am.
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by SenatorM(m): 8:31pm On Apr 29, 2015
Thank God ooo
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by ozoigbondu: 8:32pm On Apr 29, 2015
temitemi1:
This issue of pride price sorry bride price made me left my igbo girlfriend grin cheesy grin

My friend go and get money and marry your sweetheart you won't regret it.

4 Likes

Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by logica(m): 8:32pm On Apr 29, 2015
LMAO
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by funkiebully: 8:33pm On Apr 29, 2015
Yeye idle talk. As if okada riders and d poor don't marry, abi their bride price different?

As u make ur bed, so u lie on it.

7 Likes

Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Idrismusty97(m): 8:33pm On Apr 29, 2015
No need to reduce it, Their parents will marry them.
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by omonnakoda: 8:33pm On Apr 29, 2015
Princecalm:
Nuturing a female in Igbo land is like an investment because it will surely yield fruits.
Unlike in Ogoniland where it will yield vegetables and Bembaland where all you get is grains

2 Likes

Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Jorussia(m): 8:34pm On Apr 29, 2015
Igbo and their EXTREME love for money palaver, a beg na dem sabi jare,most serious non Igbo guys will not contemplate marrying an Igbo girl,because of the overbearing influence of their kinsmen/townsmen during marriage ceremonies.

1 Like

Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by siegfried99(m): 8:34pm On Apr 29, 2015
Nobody will tell them till Aunty ngozi turns 45 grin

3 Likes

Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Pavore9: 8:34pm On Apr 29, 2015
This issue has been over-flogged, don't we have poor people in igboland that are married? lt is more of a family thing than of a tribe.

8 Likes

Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by ochland: 8:34pm On Apr 29, 2015
temitemi1:
This issue of pride price sorry bride price made me left my igbo girlfriend grin cheesy grin

Why your girlfrnd left u isn't becos u re frm anoda tribe but becos ur English is Poor. "Left"

3 Likes

Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Nobody: 8:34pm On Apr 29, 2015
Cheapest way to marry an Igbo girl is to deceive her that you are rich then get her pregnant and you will see that the people will now be asking you to come with any amount you have.. try it first cos it has worked for many..

2 Likes

Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by funkiebully: 8:35pm On Apr 29, 2015
[s]
Jorussia:
Igbo and their EXTREME love for money palaver, a beg na dem sabi jare,most serious non Igbo guys will not contemplate marrying an Igbo guy,because of the overbearing influence of their kinsmen/townsmen during marriage ceremonies.
[/s]

Ewu mmeeeeeee!

2 Likes

Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by temitemi1(m): 8:38pm On Apr 29, 2015
Thanks for calling my attention to that bro!u can re-quote now cheesy
ionsman:

No wonder all you type is Gej my hero,fayose my role model.
Left ko, lefted ni.

1 Like

Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by freshcvv(m): 8:38pm On Apr 29, 2015
That's why they are all growing white hair in their parents home.

I know more than 5 Igbo girls that are not married and most are in their mid and late 30s.

Fine girls but most of them are waiting for dangotes..

Now I know its a cultural thing abi na investment things?
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by dazzysleek(f): 8:39pm On Apr 29, 2015
passionate88:
Make dm no reduce o, make d mumu girls dey theor papa house dey carry belle
[color=#990000][/color][sup][/sup]sorry,God does not answer such prayers!
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Nobody: 8:40pm On Apr 29, 2015
RickRichards:
No! We're not reducing any bride price. You must be a man, a real man, to marry our precious daughters. Go and work or go and die a wretched lonely man! Arrant nonsense!!!
How much do you have to say this nonsense?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by ozoigbondu: 8:41pm On Apr 29, 2015
Equalizer:
Cheapest way to marry an Igbo girl is to deceive her that you are rich then get her pregnant and you will see that the people will now be asking you to come with any amount you have.. try it first cos it has worked for many..
we know your type.lf anybody tries it on my sister l will find the heediot and angry

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by temitemi1(m): 8:41pm On Apr 29, 2015
Thanks for calling my attention to that bro!
ochland:

Why your girlfrnd left u isn't becos u re frm anoda tribe but becos ur English is Poor. "Left"

1 Like

Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by christopheru(m): 8:41pm On Apr 29, 2015
RickRichards:
No! We're not reducing any bride price. You must be a man, a real man, to marry our precious daughters. Go and work or go and die a wretched lonely man! Arrant nonsense!!!

Mr U harsh ooo.. E b like say ur wife family punish you too bad that's why ur saying this ur rubbish.

5 Likes

Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by maskid(m): 8:42pm On Apr 29, 2015
ozoigbondu:
This man should take time angrylf he wants expensive bride price and traditional weddings he should look at lmo.

Our girls are not cheap and we need hardworking quality men to marry and take good care of them.Good things are expensive

Dats y our talented n beautiful susters like genevive n rita dominic hav remained single

7 Likes

Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Jorussia(m): 8:42pm On Apr 29, 2015
funkiebully:
[s][/s]

Ewu mmeeeeeee!
I just stated the obvious no offence man.come benin make you come see how your ladies don chew gum our guys with pregnancy without bride price.na only for who na tribe you dey hear say SB go pay half bride price
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by eCollynzo: 8:44pm On Apr 29, 2015
High bride price is not the reason for delay in marriage among Igbo youths, anyone can raise money and pay the bride price, the main issue is how to take GOOD care of their wives and children after the marriage. They don't want to litter everywhere with children they can't take care of, so they wait till they attain a semblance of financial stability. I think it is a very good thing!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by ionsman: 8:45pm On Apr 29, 2015
temitemi1:
Thanks for calling my attention to that bro!u can re-quote now cheesy
Only if you promise to stop writing that. tongue cheesy
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by InvertedHammer: 8:46pm On Apr 29, 2015
/
Bride price is never a problem.

Na the long list of items to buy that wahala dey.

\

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ife Chiefs Announce Ooni’s Death Formally (photo) / The Caribbean Islands Where Indigenes Speak Igbo And Yoruba / Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.