Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:01 AM

Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price (37890 Views)

What Is The Bride Price In Your Own Hometown? / Origin And History Of Anambra Towns / Ex-military Governor Of Anambra Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by temitemi1(m): 9:26pm On Apr 29, 2015
700,000 what!!! U will use this amount for like 10 pple bride price where I come from grin cheesy
hamilton62:

Sincerely, igbo bride price is not cost compared to Rivers State.
My dear, by God's grace my to be as I was told by a friend from her place to keep #700,000 at least if they want to have mercy on me and another friend from the ethnic group confirm it.
They are the Ikwerre and they marry so much Igbo girls that they are cheap and with morales.
Ikwerre, Ogoni, the worst is Kalabari and it is a death sentence via bride price.
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by MoneyMerchant(m): 9:26pm On Apr 29, 2015
temitemi1:
This issue of pride price sorry bride price made me leave my igbo girlfriend grin cheesy grin
wise move bro, because you are not man enough. Ibo damsels are not for lily hearted.

2 Likes

Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Setaje(f): 9:26pm On Apr 29, 2015
Funpeter:
5 reason why they are irresistible? maybe i might start considring one too.

They are mostly light skinned

5 reasons. undecided

1 Like

Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Nobody: 9:27pm On Apr 29, 2015
Zico5:

It is ur parent that wasted his sperm that I pity. The kind of misrable life they re living show how pathetic ur life is
tongue
Zico5:

It is ur parent that wasted his sperm that I pity. The kind of misrable life they re living show how pathetic ur life is
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by hamilton62(m): 9:32pm On Apr 29, 2015
temitemi1:
700,000 what!!! U will use this amount for like 10 pple bride price where I come from grin cheesy
Hahahahahaaha. I am from Igbo, I don't mind paying any amount for any lady who has such qualities.... She's the best and I will even pay with thanks on my lips to her parents and people for giving me such gem of inestimable value.
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by temitemi1(m): 9:38pm On Apr 29, 2015
God bless u for appreciating n admire what you have this much! I can pay any amount on my lady too grin
hamilton62:

Hahahahahaaha. I am from Igbo, I don't mind paying any amount for any lady who has such qualities.... She's the best and I will even pay with thanks on my lips to her parents and people for giving me such gem of inestimable value.

1 Like

Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by zingywingy: 9:51pm On Apr 29, 2015
RickRichards:
No! We're not reducing any bride price. You must be a man, a real man, to marry our precious daughters. Go and work or go and die a wretched lonely man! Arrant nonsense!!!

No wonder 70% prostitutes are chidinma, amara.lolz

Precious indeed after 8years prostitution in Lagos and forming good girl in village for xmas...foolish Richard will propose and marry her

3 Likes

Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by GodMode: 9:52pm On Apr 29, 2015
Setaje:

They are mostly light skinned They are mostly light skinned They are mostly light skinned They are mostly light skinned They are mostly light skinned
5 reasons. undecided
Rubbish..
A brown woman is finer than a light skinned woman...

2 Likes

Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by zingywingy: 9:54pm On Apr 29, 2015
Setaje:

5 reasons. undecided

And senseless except few

1 Like

Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by yibobasher2: 9:58pm On Apr 29, 2015
Macelliot:

Yibobasher2, continue dwelling in Envyness why we continue moving froward...
#kindly_join_the_moving_train..

Moving towards total wreakage I guess
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Nobody: 9:59pm On Apr 29, 2015
not every light skinned girl is pretty... some are average looking.

Setaje:

5 reasons. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Jman06(m): 10:02pm On Apr 29, 2015
babyosisi:
It is not reducing anything
Now that my daughters are maturing una wan reduce bride price
Never!!
Lol. Them wan do you bad market grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Nobody: 10:02pm On Apr 29, 2015
Dark skinned woman that is finer than a lot of light skinned ladies.

GodMode:

Rubbish..

A brown woman is finer than a light skinned woman...
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Jorussia(m): 10:02pm On Apr 29, 2015
chuna1985:

Are u talking about gay marriage ?
Thanks man for d correction, i don modify d post.

1 Like

Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by vicktaur(m): 10:03pm On Apr 29, 2015
Tell the thieves oo
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Jorussia(m): 10:06pm On Apr 29, 2015
babyosisi:

Strange enough Igbo girls are the most sought after in all of Nigeria Go figure
LOL,mama that's not true na,every tribe get ravishing ladies.
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Funpeter: 10:07pm On Apr 29, 2015
Setaje:

They are mostly light skinned They are mostly light skinned They are mostly light skinned They are mostly light skinned They are mostly light skinned
5 reasons. undecided

Is that all? need something bettter.
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Holuwarsweun(m): 10:08pm On Apr 29, 2015
smileyDiz Igbo People Dem Go Day Colect Bride Ryt As If Dem Wan Sel Dem Pikin
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Nobody: 10:10pm On Apr 29, 2015
Jman06:
Lol. Them wan do you bad market grin grin grin

I na Ahukwa
Now that the thing is reaching my turn,they want to slash the thing
In fact the farther away the suitor hails,the bigger the bride price grin
If na Yoruba or north, we will add more for the distance factor

If you don't like it go to places where they dash wives

3 Likes

Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Jman06(m): 10:19pm On Apr 29, 2015
Igbo girls are the best in the world!
They are the dream of every Nigerian guy. The number of guys from other tribes who are on this thread goes to confirm that Igbo girls are the bomb.

As for me ooo, #edogirlsrock kiss kiss kiss
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Kojochyke(m): 10:20pm On Apr 29, 2015
dnt plead wit dem.me I have 9 Ibo babes,d sex is great n I tell dem we can't marry Co's dia tradition n price is a scam..check d numba of unmarried Ibo gals.eg ask Genevieve or Tonto dike..parents r spoiling tins for Ibo gals so as a gud guy I fvck dem for free.......07032946408.

1 Like

Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Nobody: 10:22pm On Apr 29, 2015
RickRichards:
No! We're not reducing any bride price. You must be a man, a real man, to marry our precious daughters. Go and work or go and die a wretched lonely man! Arrant nonsense!!!

Precious daughter you say?

Na gold dey there yansh?

As far na woman, I don't give a fvcking Dame about Igbo women and there bride price.

Useless nigeria women, if una like increase bride price to 1billion naira.
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by abysirius(m): 10:22pm On Apr 29, 2015
ozoigbondu:
This man should take time angrylf he wants expensive bride price and traditional weddings he should look at lmo.

Our girls are not cheap and we need hardworking quality men to marry and take good care of them.Good things are expensive
No wonder majority of u marry at 40 or even some at 45. That attitude of I must have my own house, my own car, my own bizness nd also have nothing less than 20m in my bank account..I pity u. Stay there mke u dey hussle.. Small time now grey hair don full head. Atleast u sef go carry heroine go indonesia if u want marry...yeye!
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Jman06(m): 10:26pm On Apr 29, 2015
babyosisi:

I na Ahukwa
Now that the thing is reaching my turn,they want to slash the thing
In fact the farther away the suitor hails,the bigger the bride price grin
If na Yoruba or north, we will add more for the distance factor

If you don't like it go to places where they dash wives
LOL.
Just invite me to work as treasurer whenever any of your daughters is getting married.
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by chmod777: 10:27pm On Apr 29, 2015
Woow. Seun every Igbo thread generates lots of traffic and that means more money. These igbos must be important though

4 Likes

Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Decryptor(m): 10:27pm On Apr 29, 2015
Zico5:
Begging them, mcheeeeew. Na today dem dey beg them. Do u know the reason why igbo are real criminals, armed robbers and corruption personified? Then u know for sure. Thank God for my tribe. Very proud of ODUDUWA

Chai! E dey pain you cos you can't afford even the eye lash of our precious sweet igbo girls grin grin
pele o! Go and manage your black and bleaching smelly white-haired armpit yorubaboon girls or better still, go and drink otapiapia like Awo-OLE-owo. grin grin
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by NICENEDU29: 10:32pm On Apr 29, 2015
I always say this to people who care to know it is only in IMO state that marriage stuff is a bit expensive.

I come from Ngwo in Enugu state and we take just one note from whatever amount a "To-be" in laws bring n give the rest back...I.e if u bring one bundle of 100 naira note (10k), we will take 1 note and return 9,900 to him there n then...

Marriage in Igbo land differs from one community to another...
Many other places are even cheaper than my town.

In fact I will open a comprehensive thread to discuss this [/quote]
Thank u my dear. Pls educate them on that. U know, the problem with most people is that they are always guilty of fallacy of hasty generalization.That is, they easily generalize or draw their conclusions using very little example. I came from Afikpo South LGA, Ebonyi State and there, de bride price of a woman is N30, no more no less. Although u will have to do some other things as the custom demands but that depends on ur financial strength. Do it according to ur finacial ability.
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Decryptor(m): 10:34pm On Apr 29, 2015
kestolove95:
Igbos go use one of dem Dota bride price sponsor d rest children go skool or open shop for all d boiz in d family...very unfortunate set of clans

We are not as unfortunate as you wey your papa dey pay the men wey marry your sisters "thank you fee" every month for accepting them for dash (free) grin grin
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by logica(m): 10:34pm On Apr 29, 2015
teeowl:
not every light skinned girl is pretty... some are average looking.

LOL. No mind am. No wonder you go see some cross-eyed almost albino Igbo gals go dey do face like say sh1t dey smell walking down the road.
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Nobody: 10:35pm On Apr 29, 2015
Idrismusty97:
No need to reduce it, Their parents will marry them.

1 Like

Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Decryptor(m): 10:37pm On Apr 29, 2015
Yoruba girls as wives PROMO...yoruba girls as wives PROMO!!
Come and marry 1 yoruba girl for just N250 and get 2 for FREE!!
grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ife Chiefs Announce Ooni’s Death Formally (photo) / The Caribbean Islands Where Indigenes Speak Igbo And Yoruba / Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.