Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,407 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price (37915 Views)

What Is The Bride Price In Your Own Hometown? / Origin And History Of Anambra Towns / Ex-military Governor Of Anambra Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by ChappyChase: 10:18am On Apr 30, 2015
Una never see anything come Rivers state, you will go bankrupt. Especially if the girls father is a civil servant about to retire, he go use you do settlement.
God punish you the girl come be virgin! Your own finish...
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by paulchucks: 10:24am On Apr 30, 2015
people are taking this too far about bride price I don't know anywhere in anambra that bride price is more that 10000 naira unless you people are talking about food and drinks or the compulsory goat which must be included others like food and drink depend on your capacity you high it or low it
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by UdohOby(f): 10:34am On Apr 30, 2015
chuna1985:
Wetin this man due talk?

I always say this to people who care to know it is only in IMO state that marriage stuff is a bit expensive.

I come from Ngwo in Enugu state and we take just one note from whatever amount a "To-be" in laws bring n give the rest back...I.e if u bring one bundle of 100 naira note (10k), we will take 1 note and return 9,900 to him there n then...

Marriage in Igbo land differs from one community to another...

Many other places are even cheaper than my town.

In fact I will open a comprehensive thread to discuss this

You are very right. I am from Enugu state too, we don't over charge suitors. After my hubby received our list, he was asking if that was all. He is not Igbo, but from all he heard he was like "if I die, I die". Another thing is the family. Some poor people want to milk their daughter's suitors dry. My uncle married someone from Abia state, and he spent nothing less than 3million for everything. So this hyped bride price is not applicable to all igbo tribes.

1 Like

Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Udmaster(m): 10:51am On Apr 30, 2015
kestolove95:
Igbos go use one of dem Dota bride price sponsor d rest children go skool or open shop for all d boiz in d family...very unfortunate set of clans
I can see that you are an untamed wild Igbophobia bunkom.. Ur Igbophobia will consume you one day.. IGBO KWENU!
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by UdohOby(f): 11:08am On Apr 30, 2015
Eco2580:

My Igbo neighbour has 5 girls and he's always saying he's sending them to sch so that he can use their bride price to buy land and build a new house. The price range can be ridiculous at times.... so families even ask for cars and landed properties in choice areas. Marriage shd be a thing of joy, not a money making avenue.

The greatest lie of the century. Who told you that? Don't say what you don't know.
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by inosend: 11:13am On Apr 30, 2015
How is it that the ibos prefer their young girls remained single and 'roaming' (home prostitution, runs, etc) than marry and settle? SMH at some people's mentality.
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by possibilita(m): 11:27am On Apr 30, 2015
ozoigbondu:
This man should take time angrylf he wants expensive bride price and traditional weddings he should look at lmo.

Our girls are not cheap and we need hardworking quality men to marry and take good care of them.Good things are expensive
don't worry your sisters will end up single mothers
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Nobody: 11:43am On Apr 30, 2015
Una wa for ibo sef, I always said that its the only tribe dat sells its gals, u can imagine when i was doing my rites they slammed me a list of 1m like say na motor i wan buy. slave trade hasnt ended, my advice to the guy is to collect his reciept . grin
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by izzykingsley(m): 11:44am On Apr 30, 2015
this bride price of a thing nah true, IMO state is even the worst where u will b ask to bring 1 million naira plus house. no wonda y some guys go dey 40yrs they neva marry. Man must Hustle.
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Kings109: 11:50am On Apr 30, 2015
temitemi1:
Congratulations my brother grin cheesy cheesy
You're welcome
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Armaggedon: 12:30pm On Apr 30, 2015
Eco2580:

My Igbo neighbour has 5 girls and he's always saying he's sending them to sch so that he can use their bride price to buy land and build a new house. The price range can be ridiculous at times.... so families even ask for cars and landed properties in choice areas. Marriage shd be a thing of joy, not a money making avenue.
but the Igbos that will marry them are nott complaining.
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Geesanni: 12:36pm On Apr 30, 2015
and go nd die a lonely single madam.no wonda u dey do aristo over town at age 45
RickRichards:
No! We're not reducing any bride price. You must be a man, a real man, to marry our precious daughters. Go and work or go and die a wretched lonely man! Arrant nonsense!!!
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Geesanni: 12:45pm On Apr 30, 2015
how many quality girl dey town.chindima dey deceive u ,u no know,ada dey pretend u no know.quality no b by moni.who good good,who bad bad.
hamilton62:

Hahahahahaaha. I am from Igbo, I don't mind paying any amount for any lady who has such qualities.... She's the best and I will even pay with thanks on my lips to her parents and people for giving me such gem of inestimable value.
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Geesanni: 12:46pm On Apr 30, 2015
MAY GOD BLESS U WT UR TRUE YARN.
zingywingy:

No wonder 70% prostitutes are chidinma, amara.lolz

Precious indeed after 8years prostitution in Lagos and forming good girl in village for xmas...foolish Richard will propose and marry her

1 Like

Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Geesanni: 12:56pm On Apr 30, 2015
i go NAME DEM,CHINDIMA,ADA,NGOZI,CHIKA IKE,GENNEIVE,TONTO,UJU,ADAKU,ULOMA,NNENA,TESSY,CHIOMA,I NO REMEMBER AGAIN
willibounce1:

You yeebos are funny. One of ur elders is trying to correct you and you shit the whole thing to yoruba. If we begin list igbo girls wey don over ripe for marriage now una go start another cry. 70 percent of asha.wos in Nigeria are Igbo girls. Afro candy na their mama.
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by waternogetemeny: 12:56pm On Apr 30, 2015
The only problem that i see here is Nigeria. Imagine yoruba that go to the market to commit a criminal offence called extortion as babaloja and mamaloja talking.

By the way wat happened to all your daughters, una no dey train them well? Bunch of beggars can never marry any of my sisters. Never!

See wat they produce without Bride Price in their region, go to any igbo state this is non-existent. U will not impose your foreign disease on us.

I love my sister, dem too carry eye enter market, no money na u are dismissed, no negotiation.

The Igbo men that it is their girls are not complaining, na foreigners that have no business with the girls, that are complaining on an igbo culture thread, shamelessly!

Where are your own daughter and girls if i may ask, begging on the street and looking unkept abi? U have useless them, and now wanting to jump the fence into another man land?

Our ancestors made the fence very high that no useless person can jump. Igbo girls marrying out of our tribe is only to the rich ones not riffraff. Even those rich ones are polygamous and we will prefer they marry within the igbo tribe.

So go back to the street and collect your daughters and finish them off from where u stop.

1 Like

Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Nobody: 1:29pm On Apr 30, 2015
if u want light-skinned ladies, go to Delta State, some of their ladies even apply hair relaxer as body cream
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Nobody: 1:36pm On Apr 30, 2015
I come from Ngwo in Enugu state and we take just one note from whatever amount a "To-be" in laws bring n give the rest back...I.e if u bring one bundle of 100 naira note (10k), we will take 1 note and return 9,900 to him there n then...

t
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Nobody: 1:36pm On Apr 30, 2015
t[/quote] money
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by waternogetemeny: 1:37pm On Apr 30, 2015
7Alexander:
if u want light-skinned ladies, go to Delta State, some of their ladies even apply hair relaxer as body cream

Is light skin the problem? Go and get yourself an Oyinbo wife,(white woman) or go back and collect your girls from the street and rub them relaxer on their body, better yet pour them acid.

Stop claiming to be igbo, becos u are the same yoruba fool with multiple moniker that have been on this thread since yesterday, i salute your desperation.

See how many lines u have created above to say nothing and make no sense, will u give your daughter out to a desperado and mad person like you? No, didn't think so. U will reach 100 years if you keep waiting for igbos to marry.
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by benzion72(m): 1:42pm On Apr 30, 2015
If I marry any tribe exorbitantly na be say they don sell their property.

1.They must not expect to see their daughter again for ever
2. They must not expect any help or hand out from me forever
3. Even when they grow old and pass away they must not expect their daughter to come for any right
4. They dont have access to my house nor their daughter
5. And many more laws and restrictions like no phone calls without my permission
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by waternogetemeny: 1:46pm On Apr 30, 2015
benzion72:
If I marry any tribe exorbitantly na be say they don sell their property.

1.They must not expect to see their daughter again for ever
2. They must not expect any help or hand out from me forever
3. Even when they grow old and pass away they must not expect their daughter to come for any right
4. They dont have access to my house nor their daughter
5. And many more laws and restrictions like no phone calls without my permission

Simply marry from your place,(Six to Eight States to choose from) we dont want you to marry from us. It will not last.

Imagine trying this with my family, all the sons and the dad will beat you to death, u see the problem ur tribalsim will lead you to?

That is why we are now talking about the break up of Nigeria, becos some of you are going too far, as u have no brain like the white people claim.

1 Like

Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by hamilton62(m): 2:20pm On Apr 30, 2015
Geesanni:
how many quality girl dey town.chindima dey deceive u ,u no know,ada dey pretend u no know.quality no b by moni.who good good,who bad bad.
You are left at the mercy of your mindset... you must not think like me nor understand my perspective.
Thanks.
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by DICTOMATIC(m): 3:10pm On Apr 30, 2015
ozoigbondu:
This man should take time angrylf he wants expensive bride price and traditional weddings he should look at lmo.

Our girls are not cheap and we need hardworking quality men to marry and take good care of them.Good things are expensive

[quote][/quote]
Bross, no decieve ursef here that man hav just spokeb the truth. . . gbaam!
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by DICTOMATIC(m): 3:12pm On Apr 30, 2015
[quote author=DICTOMATIC post=33278380]

Bross, no decieve ursef here that man hav just spoken the truth. . . gbaam!
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by MoneyMerchant(m): 4:19pm On Apr 30, 2015
kaeforum:
Una wa for ibo sef, I always said that its the only tribe dat sells its gals, u can imagine when i was doing my rites they slammed me a list of 1m like say na motor i wan buy. slave trade hasnt ended, my advice to the guy is to collect his reciept . grin
The ibo race is a phenominum that you cannot comprehend, don't even bother to and being prejudiced cannot change the Ibo race. God has made us thick.
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by ogaprime(m): 6:08pm On Apr 30, 2015
ozoigbondu:

Yeah, good things are expensive...including sim cards and phones and cloths and cars etc. Once de good expensive thing passes its prime...na like okrika cloths dem go sell am oo...
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by ogaprime(m): 7:03pm On Apr 30, 2015
waternogetemeny:
The only problem that i see here is Nigeria. Imagine yoruba that go to the market to commit a criminal offence called extortion as babaloja and mamaloja talking.

By the way wat happened to all your daughters, una no dey train them well? Bunch of beggars can never marry any of my sisters. Never!

See wat they produce without Bride Price in their region, go to any igbo state this is non-existent. U will not impose your foreign disease on us.

I love my sister, dem too carry eye enter market, no money na u are dismissed, no negotiation.

The Igbo men that it is their girls are not complaining, na foreigners that have no business with the girls, that are complaining on an igbo culture thread, shamelessly!

Where are your own daughter and girls if i may ask, begging on the street and looking unkept abi? U have useless them, and now wanting to jump the fence into another man land?

Our ancestors made the fence very high that no useless person can jump. Igbo girls marrying out of our tribe is only to the rich ones not riffraff. Even those rich ones are polygamous and we will prefer they marry within the igbo tribe.

So go back to the street and collect your daughters and finish them off from where u stop.

Sir!, your foolishness and stupidity is so high that your literacy comprehended it not
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by enomakos(m): 10:46pm On Apr 30, 2015
ionsman:
.Fifty thousand should be okay. ...
50k?that too much self
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Pchidexy(m): 11:04pm On Apr 30, 2015
chuna1985:

Dear, I don't know marriage ish for the whole IMO state, but I'm not lost.

We currently have 2 IMO women in my family right now n I also have a friend who married an IMO girl in 2013. I'm speaking with the experience I got from these ones.

So, my dear why don't you be specific next time. Imo state has 27 local governments n cultural practices vary. In my town Anara in isiala mbano, 100k_200k can get you a wife. So, stop generalizing.
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Nobody: 11:09pm On Apr 30, 2015
Pchidexy:

So, my dear why don't you be specific next time. Imo state has 27 local governments n cultural practices vary. In my town Anara in isiala mbano, 100k_200k can get you a wife. So, stop generalizing.

I never meant the whole IMO state. I kno that generally, IMO has the highest price
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Pchidexy(m): 8:57am On May 01, 2015
chuna1985:

I never meant the whole IMO state. I kno that generally, IMO has the highest price

So, what about these states: Abia,Rivers, Akwaibom, Ebonyi.....Many parts of Anambra have expensive marriage customs. However, every damn thing is negotiable. Many poor people still marry from Mbaise n Ngwa n all the other supposedly expensive places.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife / Ife Chiefs Announce Ooni’s Death Formally (photo) / The Caribbean Islands Where Indigenes Speak Igbo And Yoruba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.