Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,615 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

Folks Abroad - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Folks Abroad (4338 Views)

Mature folks, I Need Your Opinion(update) / Married Folks, How Long Did You Court Before Tying The Knots? / Sorry, Folks, Show's Over - THAT Dress IS Blue And Black (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Folks Abroad by Nobody: 3:58am On Apr 30, 2015
tpiadotcom:
Would have commented but I read the op's post in sexuality section.

Can't reconcile the two scenarios so I'll pass.

Lord have mercy.

And what were doing in sexuality section
You are now becoming kinky

4 Likes

Re: Folks Abroad by KanwuliaJara: 4:13am On Apr 30, 2015
It will never be enough o!
That na 'bottomless pit'!
Just do your best and wait for CHANGE from APC! grin
Muchechechechechecheche

The MESSIAH-MALLAM is here! cheesy
Re: Folks Abroad by Truckpusher(m): 4:18am On Apr 30, 2015
*Spreads mat* cool
Re: Folks Abroad by mrsmith11(m): 5:28am On Apr 30, 2015
Chillisauce:
500 tassan naira per month .

You should know that there are variables to consider.

You can't base your decision to increase you mums allowance by knowing the average money people here send.

She is your mum. find a way to care for her without comparing with others.

In efemenaxy british accent *Fenk you*

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Folks Abroad by mrsmith11(m): 5:46am On Apr 30, 2015
babyosisi:

If all your siblings send 30K a piece,that is 90K
I believe that should be enough for her monthly expenses,many people survive on less with more responsibilities.
Are your other siblings not helping out or the 30k is the total she gets monthly
No pension or other income sources?

Do a little homework before increasing the amount
Sometimes parents will take on other responsibilities and start giving money to relatives and other kids and then increase the burden on the ones sending money.make sure that's not what's happening here.
Some parents have been known to give out money and bags of rice and beans to so called men of God in the name of sowing seed forgetting that the seed is coming from your pocket.

Well, we r actually four abroad but d youngest is schooling and married with 2 kids so she not consistent in sending money home so that y I said we r three(3).

The three of us r consistent in sending money to her and my eldest sis who pay her well has not be consistent since last year because she gave birth and stop working due to some reasons but she is back to work now so I don't hw consistent she is of today

The second daughter was also consistent,I think she send 40k every month but january this year they reduce her working hours and she has 2 daughters here so I don't know if she still send money every month end

I'm the third and consistent with my 30k but they always say am the man so .........apart from this month end money I do send other once in awhile for any issue arising(hope u understand what I mean)

My mum has about 6 flats she collect rent from ........

If you talk about. Seeding sowing in church then it was have been good but she travel round nigeria from revival program to another

Sometime last year,she called me and said she need 11k to see an optician for her eyes then I sent her 20k only for me to call her the next day she told me she was in ibadan for a church program.
A week after she came back she started complaining her eyes r dropping water or so that she need to see a dr that she only bought eye drop of 6k the last time not knowing it didn't work

2 Likes

Re: Folks Abroad by cococandy(f): 5:56am On Apr 30, 2015
lol @bold grin

She use am sow seed.

Anyway you know you also have a responsibility to your own family. So being a man doesn't mean if it isn't convenient for you,you must do above others because you're a man.
Sometimes you can explain to her too. I believe she will understand.
mrsmith11:

Well, we r actually four abroad but d youngest is schooling and married with 2 kids so she not consistent in sending money home so that y I said we r three(3).

The three of us r consistent in sending money to her and my eldest sis who pay her well has not be consistent since last year because she gave birth and stop working due to some reasons but she is back to work now so I don't hw consistent she is of today

The second daughter was also consistent,I think she send 40k every month but january this year they reduce her working hours and she has 2 daughters here so I don't know if she still send money every month end

I'm the third and consistent with my 30k but they always say am the man so .........apart from this month end money I do send other once in awhile for any issue arising(hope u understand what I mean)

If you talk about. Seeding sowing in church then it was have been good but she travel round nigeria from revival program to another

Sometime last year,she called me and said she need 11k to see an optician for her eyes then I sent her 20k only for me to call her the next day she told me she was in ibadan for a church program.
A week after she came back she started complaining her eyes r dropping water or so that she need to see a dr that she only bought eye drop of 6k the last time not knowing it didn't work

1 Like

Re: Folks Abroad by jaybee3(m): 5:59am On Apr 30, 2015
mrsmith11:

If you can afford more without stressing yourself then coolio

Don't go stressing yourself because you want to be seen as the good one or better still the dependable

People in Nigeria will always survive and your mum is clearly not suffering

I would definitely review her income and expenditures before increasing any allowance
Re: Folks Abroad by mrsmith11(m): 6:08am On Apr 30, 2015
MRBrownJ:

before asking all these pointless question, you have to ask the poster if he can manage to send more than what he is currently sending. i mean, that is about 150€, while some people dont even save that much every month after paying rent, food and transport.

so the important question to ask this OP is: can you afford to send her more? and if he can then "why should you care how much strangers on NL send their parents?"

Thanks
I don't think I can afford to increase it because I don't know if I can maintain it.I also have children(a daughter n a 8months old baby)
I have sisters who send her money from time to time as well
The reason for this post is what happen on good friday(easter friday)

My mum called at about 8am here which I think will be 7am in nigeria at that time.......she started by saying that I don't even care for her,she is suffering ,she doesn't even have money for hospital then wot got my attention is that she started crying on the fone that I have abandon her, that suffered to raise me and now I don't care for her and so other things she said I can't remember

I have been thinking about it. I just have a mix feeling about the whole thing
Re: Folks Abroad by mrsmith11(m): 6:14am On Apr 30, 2015
cococandy:
lol @bold grin

She use am sow seed.

Anyway you know you also have a responsibility to your own family. So being a man doesn't mean if it isn't convenient for you,you must do above others because you're a man.

She is so particular about me......

My mum called at about 8am here which I think will be 7am in nigeria at that time.......she started by saying that I don't even care for her,she is suffering ,she doesn't even have money for hospital then wot got my attention is that she started crying on the fone that I have abandon her, that suffered to raise me and now I don't care for her and so other things she said I can't remember

Re: Folks Abroad by cococandy(f): 6:16am On Apr 30, 2015
Well let her know you aren't finding it as easy as she thinks it is.
By the way caring isn't about money all the time. Even when you don't have money to send, you can keep calling often to remind her she still has you and to be patient until you can afford to give more.

mrsmith11:

She is so particular about me......

1 Like

Re: Folks Abroad by mrsmith11(m): 6:17am On Apr 30, 2015
tpiadotcom:
Would have commented but I read the op's post in sexuality section.

Can't reconcile the two scenarios so I'll pass.

Lord have mercy.

Lol
So in the sexuality section I said I throw money around or ........

No be people be Gay and pope said they still have a role to play in church
Re: Folks Abroad by mrsmith11(m): 6:18am On Apr 30, 2015
cococandy:
Well let her know you aren't finding it as easy as she thinks it is.
By the way caring isn't about money all the time. Even when you don't have money to send, you can keep calling often to remind her she still has you and to be patient until you can afford to give more.

Ok
Thanks
Re: Folks Abroad by mrsmith11(m): 6:25am On Apr 30, 2015
grin
Kanw ;DuliaJara:
It will never be enough o!
That na 'bottomless pit'!
Just do your best and wait for CHANGE from APC! grin
Muchechechechechecheche

The MESSIAH-MALLAM is here! cheesy

Doubting thomas PDP....
Re: Folks Abroad by MRBrownJ: 12:34pm On Apr 30, 2015
mrsmith11:

Thanks
I don't think I can afford to increase it because I don't know if I can maintain it.I also have children(a daughter n a 8months old baby)

if you cannot afford it then thats what you have to tell her, sadly what she is saying is very inconsiderate. yes this is your mother but you certainly have to sit her down someday and let her understand that she is ungrateful as life aint a bed of rose (or children are not a bank). it is NOT your fault if your parents end up broke and your mother should stop blackmail you and let you live your own life. i know its not easy but sometimes you have to let go.

call your siblings, make up a plan as to how much each and everyone can afford to send every month to help your mother, and stick to it.
Re: Folks Abroad by tpiadotcom: 1:28pm On Apr 30, 2015
mrsmith11:

Lol
So in the sexuality section I said I throw money around or ........

You were saying something about licking your partner's anus.

if you need to adjust the post, go and do so.
Re: Folks Abroad by SAMBARRY: 1:39pm On Apr 30, 2015
500, 000 naira grin

have you bothered to ask Mr op what his income is per month talk more of his tax, and miscellaneous spending before you now know whether he can afford to send 500k for his mom.

But come to think of it 30k is low except if you are paying for her house rent and other little little bills
Chillisauce:
500 tassan naira per month .

You should know that there are variables to consider.

You can't base your decision to increase you mums allowance by knowing the average money people here send.

She is your mum. find a way to care for her without comparing with others.

In efemenaxy british accent *Fenk you*
Re: Folks Abroad by Stillfire: 2:11pm On Apr 30, 2015
mrsmith11:

Sometime last year,[b]she called me and said she need 11k to see an optician for her eyes then I sent her 20k only for me to call her the next day she told me she was in ibadan for a church program.[/b]A week after she came back she started complaining her eyes r dropping water or so that she need to see a dr that she only bought eye drop of 6k the last time not knowing it didn't work

Lol, mrsmith. Most of them are the same o. Our mothers do not stay one place. grin
Who knows where mine is now? Probably in Benin republic, doing missionary work. shocked grin cheesy grin grin
Just see the church thing as their extra curricular activity, abeg. They are bored.
Help her create a budget and be firm whenever you send her money that you don't want to hear stories.
If an amount would stretch your budget, don't do it. Family should be able to understand.
Re: Folks Abroad by mrsmith11(m): 6:16pm On Apr 30, 2015
Stillfire:

Lol, mrsmith. Most of them are the same o. Our mothers do not stay one place. grin
Who knows where mine is now? Probably in Benin republic, doing missionary work. shocked grin cheesy grin grin
Just see the church thing as their extra curricular activity, abeg. They are bored.
Help her create a budget and be firm whenever you send her money that you don't want to hear stories.
If an amount would stretch your budget, don't do it. Family should be able to understand.

One thing I have observe with people in nigeria is that don't live by budget that why they are always broke before month end
Thanks
Re: Folks Abroad by Nobody: 7:16pm On Apr 30, 2015
crackhaus:

Where did you see 500 tassan naira to be sending every month? tongue gringrin

When my kontainer land apapa, the profit I make is too mushh. Infat, it 557 taaasan nairà
I jus summarise to 500 Tassan.

Amma very rish lady tongue cool

1 Like

Re: Folks Abroad by Nobody: 7:35pm On Apr 30, 2015
babyosisi:

If all your siblings send 30K a piece,that is 90K
I believe that should be enough for her monthly expenses,many people survive on less with more responsibilities.
Are your other siblings not helping out or the 30k is the total she gets monthly
No pension or other income sources?

Do a little homework before increasing the amount
Sometimes parents will take on other responsibilities and start giving money to relatives and other kids and then increase the burden on the ones sending money.make sure that's not what's happening here.
Some parents have been known to give out money and bags of rice and beans to so called men of God in the name of sowing seed forgetting that the seed is coming from your pocket.

you just hit the nail on the head..exactly What my mum does,yet she complains of lack of money.

imagine her telling me to buy exam form for a church member,i just ignored her. i was mad with her,i told her,she then apologized.
Re: Folks Abroad by crackhaus: 8:02pm On Apr 30, 2015
Chillisauce:

When my kontainer land apapa, the profit I make is too mushh. Infat, it 557 taaasan nairà
I jus summarise to 500 Tassan.

Amma very rish lady tongue cool
Lol... I believe you.

So you don't need the Lekki plots again I guess grin cool
Re: Folks Abroad by Nobody: 8:27pm On Apr 30, 2015
crackhaus:

Lol... I believe you.

So you don't need the Lekki plots again I guess grin cool
have you seen where money is too much for someone ?Oliver twist
Re: Folks Abroad by crackhaus: 8:32pm On Apr 30, 2015
Chillisauce:

have you seen where money is too much for someone ?Oliver twist
Sorry to digress, did you at any time live in PH? embarassed grin
Re: Folks Abroad by Nobody: 9:53pm On Apr 30, 2015
cococandy:
lol @bold grin

She use am sow seed.

Looks like all these our mothers are the same
Sowing seed here and there, when it will germinate,babyosisi doesn't know

3 Likes

Re: Folks Abroad by Nobody: 10:01pm On Apr 30, 2015
mrsmith11:

Thanks

Mama is correct Nollywood o
Chai
All these mothers and their tactics
6 rental flats and crusade trips all over plus additional support from the kids and she accuses you of abandonment?
You need to develop a tough skin like my husband.
I promise you mama is not dying
Tell her you also have your own immediate family to care of and that you can't afford anything beyond that 30K for now.
Re: Folks Abroad by Nobody: 10:11pm On Apr 30, 2015
@ mrsmith,during one of my mom's visits,she complained of some symptoms and wanted to see a doctor for a check up ASAP
She was going to stay 6 months so I took my time with regards to this appointment
My mother hounded me everyday,I told her I couldn't take time off work to do that yet and that she should be patient.
Every couple of days she will remind me and complain her symptoms were worsening,no do no do ,mommy started using Igbo proverbs similar to " a stitch in time saves nine" and often add that she needs immediate surgery before something catastrophic happens to her.
I took a day off and took her to a local hospital for a check up since in her eyes the condition was unbearable despite my reassurance that it wasn't anything out of the ordinary for her age.i knew she was exaggerating.
Mind you mom retired at the pinnacle of a health care profession.

I was right in there when the doctor examined her and asked her on a scale of zero to ten,zero being no pain/ discomfort and 10 being the most severe,where does she place her condition and my mom said 2 or 3. shocked shocked shocked shocked
I turned and looked at her in disbelief and she smiled.then she asked the doctor if she needed surgery and the doctor said No.
On the drive home I was very upset as you can imagine.
Do you know her response?
" at least now that a doctor has seen me and confirmed it's not bad,I feel better"

Chai

I have a feeling your mom is exaggerating,many mothers do that.

3 Likes

Re: Folks Abroad by mrsmith11(m): 12:10am On May 01, 2015
tpiadotcom:

You were saying something about licking your partner's anus.

if you need to adjust the post, go and do so.

How does my sexual fantasy relate with my finance

What I do on my bed with my partner is private and personal. I'm straight and not gay so .......

You don't do oral?

5 Likes

Re: Folks Abroad by mrsmith11(m): 12:14am On May 01, 2015
grin
babyosisi:
@ mrsmith,during one of my mom's visits,she complained of some symptoms and wanted to see a doctor for a check up ASAP
She was going to stay 6 months so I took my time with regards to this appointment
My mother hounded me everyday,I told her I couldn't take time off work to do that yet and that she should be patient.
Every couple of days she will remind me and complain her symptoms were worsening,no do no do ,mommy started using Igbo proverbs similar to " a stitch in time saves nine" and often add that she needs immediate surgery before something catastrophic happens to her.
I took a day off and took her to a local hospital for a check up since in her eyes the condition was unbearable despite my reassurance that it wasn't anything out of the ordinary for her age.i knew she was exaggerating.
Mind you mom retired at the pinnacle of a health care profession.

I was right in there when the doctor examined her and asked her on a scale of zero to ten,zero being no pain/ discomfort and 10 being the most severe,where does she place her condition and my mom said 2 or 3. shocked shocked shocked shocked
I turned and looked at her in disbelief and she smiled.then she asked the doctor if she needed surgery and the doctor said No.
On the drive home I was very upset as you can imagine.
Do you know her response?
" at least now that a doctor has seen me and confirmed it's not bad,I feel better"

Chai

I have a feeling your mom is exaggerating,many mothers do that.

Lol
Thanks
Is just the early morning call and she was crying that I don't care that got me angry becos there is no month I don't do the little I can
Re: Folks Abroad by tpiadotcom: 1:37am On May 01, 2015
mrsmith11:

How does my sexual fantasy relate with my finance

What I do on my bed with my partner is private and personal. I'm straight and not gay so .......

You don't do oral?

oral as in licking your partner's anus?

i didnt say your sexual fantasy has anything to do with your finance, I said I personally cant connect that and this, hence I'll pass.
Re: Folks Abroad by Nobody: 2:57am On May 01, 2015
tpiadotcom:

oral as in licking your partner's anus?

i didnt say your sexual fantasy has anything to do with your finance, I said I personally cant connect that and this, hence I'll pass.

Then get your miserable self out of his thread
What type of frustrated human being are you?
You will pass yet you are commenting on the thread?
Passing means peeping in and disappearing
Now get lost and stop stalking posters.

2 Likes

Re: Folks Abroad by Nobody: 2:58am On May 01, 2015
tpia and mrsmith , make una go to d sexuality section abeg
Re: Folks Abroad by mrsmith11(m): 7:22am On May 01, 2015
aflyingbird:
tpia and mrsmith , make una go to d sexuality section abeg

Who is talking anything sexual here.

The tipdotcom brought my comment on a topic in d sexuality section here so you better ask him or her to go there as we are not talking about sex here

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Lesbian Wife / Should My Wife And Children Adopt My First Name Or Surname / I Need Help. Urgent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.