Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,105 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

Are Yorubas Truly The Most Educated In Nigeria? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Yorubas Truly The Most Educated In Nigeria? (9121 Views)

The World's Most Educated President Is An African. Find Out Who The Person Is / Top 10 Most Educated African Leaders. / See The World’s Most Educated President 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Yorubas Truly The Most Educated In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Aug 06, 2015
wadetaw202:

You are right. Yorubas are good in rituals. That is why they built okija shrine. They also stationed one of their men, Clifford orji (a Yoruba man) in Lagos to sell human parts. Last time I checked Clifford orji is a Yoruba name..…....thoughtless flaaaatheads.

D most fetish people in nigeria are d yoruba pipo. They top d charts n they know it, it's even a family tin, a man introduces his children to it.

1 Like

Re: Are Yorubas Truly The Most Educated In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Aug 06, 2015
wadetaw202:

Don't mind us. Our home is sweet; that is why we cannot settle down so much in strange lands. I mean, what is the point in wandering about like a derelict osu when you have everything needed for development right at your finger tip? It is senseless and steupid.

And you don't need to move your entire life and entire family to a a place in order to conquer. I mean, obj, awolowo, tinubu all conquered Nigeria without leaving the southwest. It is not by muscle or by loud chest-beating. It is by brain sense. I mean the kind of brain sense that awolowo displayed to conquer Biafra and the kind of brain sense that tinubu displayed to send gej to otuoke. I'm sure you understand me now. wink wink

D 3 men u listed are a group of sabo. Confirmed...even obj
Re: Are Yorubas Truly The Most Educated In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Aug 06, 2015
Strongfaze:
. IGBOS my foot! When your women have publicly decried the absence of quality husbands if the youths continue to avoid going to school and going for trade?

Dis is d greatest mistake that pipo who live in sw n never step out keeps making...

Ask urself, for more dan 3 years now, igbo states have highest number of students that register for waec n jamb...anambra states av d best results in nigeria waec exams.

Food for thought, many igbos u see in ur location that are traders n businessmen are hnd n degree holders. we Alwz prefer to be in business than take monthly pay.

1 Like

Re: Are Yorubas Truly The Most Educated In Nigeria? by TruthisGOD: 12:41am On Aug 07, 2015
new2020:

Somewhat right but 60s? NO. Igbos led in education and occupation of most government and private leadership positions prior to the war...this was the primary cause of the war interpreted as "Igbo Domination". 70s, 80s and early 90s? YES. Why? They; the yorubas capitalized on the war and the damage done to the Igbos; this was part of the reason Awolowo pulled out of the supposed secession plan with Ojukwu..he felt if Igbos were crippled economically and socially by the war, the Yorubas will benefit. That's exactly what happened! However the Igbos have taken over from Late 90s till now with incredible high margin. ALL STATISTICS SAY SO...NOT ME!

Yorubas have always imbibed this "false illusion" of being the the most educated; I called it "false illusion" because it was never based on real merit and staunch competition. Why? The people who occupied that position before them; the Igbos, were crippled by the war, so in a real sense, the yorubas had no staunch competition. They just cruised around thinking they are the most educated. This also explains why the real owners of that position have since reclaimed it.

The analogy I routinely use to explain the aforementioned is: you can liken this to two runners in a race; one yoruba/contender and the other Igbo/a champion. At the sound of the gun, the umpire takes the sounding gun rather than sound it, he shoots the Igbo runner in the leg and then says run. The yoruba sped off and kept running while the Igbo who was injured by the gun-shot struggled intensely to get hold of his footing let alone run. As the Igbo struggled; limping in pain and bleeding profusely, the yoruba kept running without acknowledgement of his wounded rival; thinking he was the faster runner. To his surprise and far worse his chagrin, over time the Igbo who was limping was able to regain his wounded leg back and soon eclipsed him. The yoruba couldn't come to terms as to how the injured Igbo could have eclipsed him. He continue to maintain he is the better runner. On the other hand, the Igbo runner is saying; I'm the better runner, I was the better runner/a champion prior to this race; the gun-shot wound or "the war" if you leave out the analogy did slow me down but never could stop me!

The best inteligient analysis. Simply the truth. Guy u're great

2 Likes

Re: Are Yorubas Truly The Most Educated In Nigeria? by GermanPoison(m): 12:58pm On Sep 13, 2018
since when do the SE are more educated,Ok so when u enroll for WAEC u 're more educated than others what about going to university, check the major university in nigeria and get a good look at the first class student. for crying out loud the best universities are in SW
Re: Are Yorubas Truly The Most Educated In Nigeria? by GermanPoison(m): 2:05pm On Sep 13, 2018
wole soyinka was awarded the 1986 Nobel Prize in Literature, the first African to be honoured in that category the highest achievement for an Author, poet, playwright. Chinua Achebe never achieve that feat
Re: Are Yorubas Truly The Most Educated In Nigeria? by GermanPoison(m): 2:09pm On Sep 13, 2018
my igbo people make una see our achievement this is just the tip of the iceberg top Physicians from Nigeria 1.Crispin Adeniyi-Jones 2. Bankole A. Johnson, DSc, MD, MPhil, FRCPsych is a licensed physician and board-certified psychiatrist throughout Europe and the United States who served as Alumni Professor and Chairman of the Department of Psychiatry and Neurobehavioral Sciences at the University of Virginia. Johnson's primary area of research expertise is the psychopharmacology of medications for treating addictions, and he is well known in the field for his discovery that topiramate, a gamma-aminobutyric acid facilitator and glutamate antagonist, is an effective treatment for alcoholism. And Samuel Layinka Ayodeji Manuwa. He was the first Nigerian to pass the FRCS [1] and he obtained the postgraduate Doctor of Medicine degree from the University of Edinburgh in 1934. [2] In 1966, he was elected president of the World Federation for Mental Health. And Nathaniel King was the first medical doctor, the youngest doctor is Abiola she graduated as a medical doctor at the age of 21 she's the youngest doctor in nigeria, Professor Oshotimehin, a former Minister of Health in Nigeria and Executive Director of the United Nations Food and Population Fund (UNFP) was an Under-Secretary General of the United Nations until his death. Dr. Oluyemi Badero a top Nigerian cardiologist based in New York, has been named among the top interventional cardiologists in the United States, and Dr Oluyinka Olutoye, for the remarkable work he did when he removed a baby from its mother's womb and returned it back

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yoruba Prefer Restructuring, Not 2023 Presidency – Afenifere / Economy: Major Indicators That Will Shape Nigeria In 2023 / Nigeria Is Rooted In Corruption- Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.