Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,623 members, 7,816,566 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Are Yorubas Truly The Most Educated In Nigeria? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Yorubas Truly The Most Educated In Nigeria? (9130 Views)

The World's Most Educated President Is An African. Find Out Who The Person Is / Top 10 Most Educated African Leaders. / See The World’s Most Educated President 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Yorubas Truly The Most Educated In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:04am On May 02, 2015
madamoringo:
I hope you are not one of the pretend Yorubas! We don't beat our chests over anything, we just do our thing, move forward and conquer new grounds and surmount new obstacles.

Leave chest-beating for the Beastafra people.

stup1d ashi! Didn't you hear what the Op said? The Op said no tribe bashing.
This is why we want biafra since we cannot live together as one just imagine.
Re: Are Yorubas Truly The Most Educated In Nigeria? by Duru1(m): 12:06am On May 02, 2015
OBAFEMIawolowo:
I hear this every now and then, I don't seem to believe it. I heard ekiti has the highest number of professors but I found out that its not true.
Are yorubas truly the most educated? Or are the claiming to be the most educated?

Please we need to clear this now..

No tribal bashing please.

Yoruba are not more educated than anyone in Nigeria. It was just unfortunate that Yoruba in the 30s and 40s, mainly thorough shamelessness and act of loudmouth, claimed every returnee in Lagos, most of them Sierra Leoneans, as Yoruba.

7 Likes

Re: Are Yorubas Truly The Most Educated In Nigeria? by Twistaray(m): 12:07am On May 02, 2015
miracle11:
even d yorubas knw dat they re cowards. Awolowo proved it long ago. Are u people daft to reason? No matter how u hail ur selves. U will always go down in history as back stabbers and betrayers.the most envious tribe in life. U can't achieve anything yet u fight others for achieving too much

Ohhh really? grin

Let me show you the real coward in reality and not on NL

Oya take :

Colonel Oyinlade Iluyomade (rtd) is a civil war veteran, renowned for his role in curtailing the onslaught of the Biafran army at Ore, Ondo State.

Your role during the civil war, particularly how you curtailed the onslaught of the Biafran soldiers at Ore has been spoken about by fellow military men like General Alabi Isama, what exactly happened at the war front?

When the civil war commenced around June to July 1967, I was based in Ibadan where I commanded a small unit. But I joined the military in 1952 with Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida and Sani Abacha, who were my colleagues. I was sent to India for military training to be commissioned as Infantry, that is, to fight wars. The war started from the north, but it got to a point when the Biafran soldiers wanted to break through and conquer the West, they believed that if they conquered the West, it would be easy for them to manoeuvre their way through to the North. So, they wanted to break through Ore into the West, then straight to Lagos. But, at the beginning of August, I was despatched to Ore village to act as Security Officer, to ensure internal security and, to make the civilians aware of the presence of the federal troops. I was there with 33 soldiers. Later, Biafra captured Mid West, and arrived in Benin. This meant that their next target was the West. So I was told by then Colonel Olusegun Obasanjo, who was the Commander in Ibadan, to move to Ore border, which is about 19 miles to Ore village. Then, I moved there that night but I told Obasanjo that I was ill-equipped to curtail the Biafran attack. What can 33 soldiers do? So, he promised to reinforce and he did keep to his promise. Then, our total strength grew to 179 soldiers to defend the place.

I had premonition of danger and when I got to Ore, I deployed my troops towards the Western region. The bridge at Ofosu was the boundary, so I went ahead to survey the area to know the mountainous and forested areas. And I deployed my troops, so if there would be an attack on the West, they would have to cross the bridge. So I safeguarded the bridge and gave my troops instruction not to allow anybody cross over. By that time, there was an instruction that I shouldn’t allow anybody into the West.

After deployment of troops, I rose up from my trench at about 12 midnight, it started to rain heavily, but I told the troops not to leave their trenches. So, we dug in. Then, when I saw the skyline of the vehicles of the Biafran soldiers coming towards us, I shouted that no one should fire except me. And the battle started minutes past midnight. But the bridge was so heavy that they could not penetrate. If they had known that we had a small number, maybe they could have made the effort to penetrate. So we confused them, the place was well secured and we never lost any soldier.

One can deduce from your exploits then that you were proactive and strategic in battle, do you observe such qualities in today’s military operation?

I was the only officer, the others were other ranks so I commanded them. I don’t know how the current Army is deployed and how they work. But, the way I look at them now, I would not want to comment but they know how they operate. But, in our own days, we were tough and well-trained; we were dedicated and had the ability to withstand any odd.
Are these qualities lacking in today’s Army?

I would not say they are lacking. I think money now has a great role to play. Money is used to dampen soldiers’ professionalism. If soldiers know that money is now so much available, you can understand their current thinking. Moreover, those who fought well during the civil war were not compensated. Those that did not fight at all were the ones promoted. Those who ran away were promoted. I would not want to mention names.

I recall you once complained that you were never promoted to the position of a General?

I was not promoted, even to the position of a full Colonel. Maybe because I am a Yoruba man, I can say this boldly anywhere. Look at what happened to late Benjamin Adekunle, for example. Who fought the civil war more than Adekunle? But, he was neglected, Why? The exception was Akinrinade that managed to become the Chief of Army Staff. Ariyo was driven away, someone just placed a letter on his table that he was retired; he never saw the person. What offence did he commit? Just because he was Yoruba; so many Yorubas, like that, were neglected. Nothing was given to us. It is very terrible.

The force is dominated by the north and they want to continue to enjoy the largesse of the military. They claim that Yorubas have many engineers, lawyers, doctors and other professionals hence we should not wrest the military from the Northerners. We are still angry with how we were treated; we just bottled it up. And from the beginning till end of the war, people like me never left the war front. I was one of the five brigade commanders that ended the war.

You have bottled up your anger for so long, is it time for you to let out this anger as you now have a fellow soldier, also from the North, now elected as President?

No, Buhari is a nice man, he is a fellow military man. He is an amiable man, a very nice man, plain-hearted, a gentle man to the core. I know him.

You seem to know Buhari so well, can you tell us more about the Buhari that you know.

I worked with Buhari when we were together in Marine Commando. He was GOS next to the General Officer Commanding and I was Divisional Training Officer, I was training and teaching other ranks. That was where I met Buhari. He was very nice, amiable to people. He was also a wonderful Head of State and he is a disciplinarian. He does not condone nonsense and I love him.

You have claimed to love Buhari so much, however, Nigerians would only love him so well if he lives up to expectations. Do you think he can live up to the high expectations of Nigerians?

Why not? To become a Major, you are well-read, hence you can tackle any problem. Mobolaji Johnson was a Major when he was appointed Administrator of Lagos. To become a major, you would have passed through the Staff College, attended several trainings, taken exams, attended different courses, partook in seminars to brush you up and acquire intelligence. Military men also read personally. I have a personal library where I have good books. I read on military, politics, philosophy among other aspects of life. Winston Churchhill read up to Class 4 and became the Prime Minister of Britain and the whole Commonwealth. And he led the Commonwealth military to victory. Adolf Hitler read only up to Form 2 level and he wanted to conquer and rule the whole world. What audacity other than the fact that he read wide. It is not about having a PhD; what is PhD to us? We read wide.

Do you canvass for the inclusion of retired military men in the new government?

Yes. For example, if I become a minister in Buhari’s government, my ministry will shine. Consider Brigadier General Samuel Ogbemudia in Bendel, he developed Bendel. Which governor has developed Bendel, now Edo State, the way Ogbemudia did till date? None. He was a military man. Back then, money was not the issue, but we fought to win the war. It was about being a real man.

What about fears that the dictatorial tendencies of military men, if largely involved, will be laid bare in our democratic practice?

The world is civilised and there is no more dictatorship. Democracy is practised around the world now. There is no country that practices dictatorship that will progress. A civilian should come up with policies that are beneficial but where the civilians fail, there may be the need for. For example, there is no reason all roads in the country should not be tarred. We should have water, electricity. Why can’t we have adequate power supply in the country? We lack dynamic leaders. We have voted them in now. Rather than for some of them to better the country, they will be after enriching themselves. What for? It is out of lack of imagination. But, I have confidence that Buhari will deliver. I can shout on top of my voice about this.

http://tribuneonlineng.com/content/how-my-troops-stopped-biafran-soldiers-ore-%E2[truncated by WhatsApp]
http://tribuneonlineng.com/content/how-my-troops-stopped-biafran-soldiers-ore-%E2%80%94col-iluyomade-rtd
So just 129 soldiers held the Biafra bandits!!!!! Despite all the chest beating.

Can't stop laughing.

Now,up there is what I termed the authentic coward, and that's? Yeebooo

grin

1 Like

Re: Are Yorubas Truly The Most Educated In Nigeria? by tonychristopher: 12:10am On May 02, 2015
THEY ARE WHAT I CALL I GET AM BEFORE

TODAY I MET A YOUNG YORUBA GIRL IN IKEJA SHE COULDN'T UNDERSTAND SIMPLE ENGLISH . I MET MANY IN IBADAN..THE EXCUSE THEY GAVE IS SHE IS FRENCH AND I SPOKE FRENCH SHE COULDN'T REPLY

I SHOKE MY HEAD AND LOOKED FOR AN INTERPRETER

miracle11:
u have said it all. Unrealistic people who will never face facts

2 Likes

Re: Are Yorubas Truly The Most Educated In Nigeria? by tonychristopher: 12:14am On May 02, 2015
Twistaray:

Ohhh really? grin

Oya take :

Colonel Oyinlade Iluyomade (rtd) is a civil war veteran, renowned for his role in curtailing the onslaught of the Biafran army at Ore, Ondo State.

Your role during the civil war, particularly how you curtailed the onslaught of the Biafran soldiers at Ore has been spoken about by fellow military men like General Alabi Isama, what exactly happened at the war front?

When the civil war commenced around June to July 1967, I was based in Ibadan where I commanded a small unit. But I joined the military in 1952 with Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida and Sani Abacha, who were my colleagues. I was sent to India for military training to be commissioned as Infantry, that is, to fight wars. The war started from the north, but it got to a point when the Biafran soldiers wanted to break through and conquer the West, they believed that if they conquered the West, it would be easy for them to manoeuvre their way through to the North. So, they wanted to break through Ore into the West, then straight to Lagos. But, at the beginning of August, I was despatched to Ore village to act as Security Officer, to ensure internal security and, to make the civilians aware of the presence of the federal troops. I was there with 33 soldiers. Later, Biafra captured Mid West, and arrived in Benin. This meant that their next target was the West. So I was told by then Colonel Olusegun Obasanjo, who was the Commander in Ibadan, to move to Ore border, which is about 19 miles to Ore village. Then, I moved there that night but I told Obasanjo that I was ill-equipped to curtail the Biafran attack. What can 33 soldiers do? So, he promised to reinforce and he did keep to his promise. Then, our total strength grew to 179 soldiers to defend the place.

I had premonition of danger and when I got to Ore, I deployed my troops towards the Western region. The bridge at Ofosu was the boundary, so I went ahead to survey the area to know the mountainous and forested areas. And I deployed my troops, so if there would be an attack on the West, they would have to cross the bridge. So I safeguarded the bridge and gave my troops instruction not to allow anybody cross over. By that time, there was an instruction that I shouldn’t allow anybody into the West.

After deployment of troops, I rose up from my trench at about 12 midnight, it started to rain heavily, but I told the troops not to leave their trenches. So, we dug in. Then, when I saw the skyline of the vehicles of the Biafran soldiers coming towards us, I shouted that no one should fire except me. And the battle started minutes past midnight. But the bridge was so heavy that they could not penetrate. If they had known that we had a small number, maybe they could have made the effort to penetrate. So we confused them, the place was well secured and we never lost any soldier.

One can deduce from your exploits then that you were proactive and strategic in battle, do you observe such qualities in today’s military operation?

I was the only officer, the others were other ranks so I commanded them. I don’t know how the current Army is deployed and how they work. But, the way I look at them now, I would not want to comment but they know how they operate. But, in our own days, we were tough and well-trained; we were dedicated and had the ability to withstand any odd.

I would not say they are lacking. I think money now has a great role to play. Money is used to dampen soldiers’ professionalism. If soldiers know that money is now so much available, you can understand their current thinking. Moreover, those who fought well during the civil war were not compensated. Those that did not fight at all were the ones promoted. Those who ran away were promoted. I would not want to mention names.

I recall you once complained that you were never promoted to the position of a General?

I was not promoted, even to the position of a full Colonel. Maybe because I am a Yoruba man, I can say this boldly anywhere. Look at what happened to late Benjamin Adekunle, for example. Who fought the civil war more than Adekunle? But, he was neglected, Why? The exception was Akinrinade that managed to become the Chief of Army Staff. Ariyo was driven away, someone just placed a letter on his table that he was retired; he never saw the person. What offence did he commit? Just because he was Yoruba; so many Yorubas, like that, were neglected. Nothing was given to us. It is very terrible.

The force is dominated by the north and they want to continue to enjoy the largesse of the military. They claim that Yorubas have many engineers, lawyers, doctors and other professionals hence we should not wrest the military from the Northerners. We are still angry with how we were treated; we just bottled it up. And from the beginning till end of the war, people like me never left the war front. I was one of the five brigade commanders that ended the war.

You have bottled up your anger for so long, is it time for you to let out this anger as you now have a fellow soldier, also from the North, now elected as President?

No, Buhari is a nice man, he is a fellow military man. He is an amiable man, a very nice man, plain-hearted, a gentle man to the core. I know him.

You seem to know Buhari so well, can you tell us more about the Buhari that you know.

I worked with Buhari when we were together in Marine Commando. He was GOS next to the General Officer Commanding and I was Divisional Training Officer, I was training and teaching other ranks. That was where I met Buhari. He was very nice, amiable to people. He was also a wonderful Head of State and he is a disciplinarian. He does not condone nonsense and I love him.

You have claimed to love Buhari so much, however, Nigerians would only love him so well if he lives up to expectations. Do you think he can live up to the high expectations of Nigerians?

Why not? To become a Major, you are well-read, hence you can tackle any problem. Mobolaji Johnson was a Major when he was appointed Administrator of Lagos. To become a major, you would have passed through the Staff College, attended several trainings, taken exams, attended different courses, partook in seminars to brush you up and acquire intelligence. Military men also read personally. I have a personal library where I have good books. I read on military, politics, philosophy among other aspects of life. Winston Churchhill read up to Class 4 and became the Prime Minister of Britain and the whole Commonwealth. And he led the Commonwealth military to victory. Adolf Hitler read only up to Form 2 level and he wanted to conquer and rule the whole world. What audacity other than the fact that he read wide. It is not about having a PhD; what is PhD to us? We read wide.

Yes. For example, if I become a minister in Buhari’s government, my ministry will shine. Consider Brigadier General Samuel Ogbemudia in Bendel, he developed Bendel. Which governor has developed Bendel, now Edo State, the way Ogbemudia did till date? None. He was a military man. Back then, money was not the issue, but we fought to win the war. It was about being a real man.

What about fears that the dictatorial tendencies of military men, if largely involved, will be laid bare in our democratic practice?

The world is civilised and there is no more dictatorship. Democracy is practised around the world now. There is no country that practices dictatorship that will progress. A civilian should come up with policies that are beneficial but where the civilians fail, there may be the need for. For example, there is no reason all roads in the country should not be tarred. We should have water, electricity. Why can’t we have adequate power supply in the country? We lack dynamic leaders. We have voted them in now. Rather than for some of them to better the country, they will be after enriching themselves. What for? It is out of lack of imagination. But, I have confidence that Buhari will deliver. I can shout on top of my voice about this.

http://tribuneonlineng.com/content/how-my-troops-stopped-biafran-soldiers-ore-%E2[truncated by WhatsApp]
http://tribuneonlineng.com/content/how-my-troops-stopped-biafran-soldiers-ore-%E2%80%94col-iluyomade-rtd
So just 129 soldiers held the Biafra bandits!!!!! Despite all the chest beating.

Can't stop laughing.

grin

PLS WHAT IS GOING ON WITH YORUBA YOUTHS .WHAT HAS THIS COPY AND PASTE TO DO WITH THE TOPIC

WHY DO YOU PEOPLE LACK LOGICAL AND COGNITIVE REASONING ALWAYS TALKING OFF THE POINT

NAWA AGAIN

3 Likes

Re: Are Yorubas Truly The Most Educated In Nigeria? by Shirley07: 12:15am On May 02, 2015
tonychristopher:
THEY ARE WHAT I CALL I GET AM BEFORE

TODAY I MET A YOUNG YORUBA GIRL IN IKEJA SHE COULDN'T UNDERSTAND SIMPLE ENGLISH . I MET MANY IN IBADAN..THE EXCUSE THEY GAVE IS SHE IS FRENCH AND I SPOKE FRENCH SHE COULDN'T REPLY

I SHOKE MY HEAD AND LOOKED FOR AN INTERPRETER

Pot!
Kettle!
Re: Are Yorubas Truly The Most Educated In Nigeria? by Duru1(m): 12:19am On May 02, 2015
Twistaray:

Ohhh really? grin

Oya take :

Can't stop laughing.

grin

I knew this ridiculous trash will become pillow to dumbass Yoruba peeps. It is very shameful that so-called civil war veteran of Yoruba ethnicity did not even know when he joined Nigerian army. I guess goofy characters have made home in Yoruba land.

6 Likes

Re: Are Yorubas Truly The Most Educated In Nigeria? by tonychristopher: 12:28am On May 02, 2015
Shirley07:

Pot!
Kettle!
FRYING PAN

LOL
Re: Are Yorubas Truly The Most Educated In Nigeria? by Twistaray(m): 1:25am On May 02, 2015
tonychristopher:

PLS WHAT IS GOING ON WITH YORUBA YOUTHS .WHAT HAS THIS COPY AND PASTE TO DO WITH THE TOPIC

WHY DO YOU PEOPLE LACK LOGICAL AND COGNITIVE REASONING ALWAYS TALKING OFF THE POINT

NAWA AGAIN

That's because I hate lies.
You can choke that and if you want more fact.
I will be willing to bombard u with more.
Cowards yeeboo
Re: Are Yorubas Truly The Most Educated In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:25am On May 02, 2015
Sanchez01:

I'm dead sure about this. I learnt this as a Great Ife. Ask anyone around if you're still on Campus. I assume you're a Great Ife?
Ife of cos... so yorubaic....
Re: Are Yorubas Truly The Most Educated In Nigeria? by Twistaray(m): 1:26am On May 02, 2015
Duru1:

I knew this ridiculous trash will become pillow to dumbass Yoruba peeps. It is very shameful that so-called civil war veteran of Yoruba ethnicity did not even know when he joined Nigerian army. I guess goofy characters have made home in Yoruba land.

You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free.
Yeeboo are cowards grin
Re: Are Yorubas Truly The Most Educated In Nigeria? by juman(m): 6:00am On May 02, 2015
Twistaray:

Could you show us your link and or how your draw your brain stats to prove indeed that yoruba are backward?
I will be here to counter your claim with fact.
Waiting for you Igbo?

Check the waec results in the last five years.
Re: Are Yorubas Truly The Most Educated In Nigeria? by omonnakoda: 7:44am On May 02, 2015
Duru1:

Dende Iku!!
Dedededeide e no dey e dey
, How is the life?
I hear you now wear Pampers.Hmm
Re: Are Yorubas Truly The Most Educated In Nigeria? by tonychristopher: 7:50am On May 02, 2015
Twistaray:

That's because I hate lies.
You can choke that and if you want more fact.
I will be willing to bombard u with more.
Cowards yeeboo

Yoruba man ...if you ever watched. The new masquarade in the 80s you will jegede sokoya..that is the true reflection of Yoruba man

Obnoxious and loqacious

2 Likes

Re: Are Yorubas Truly The Most Educated In Nigeria? by Twistaray(m): 8:25am On May 02, 2015
juman:

Check the waec results in the last five years.

grin
Can you please spare me abeg?
We are talking about quality you are talking about quantity.

And...how many of those result/study made it into the higher institution?

grin
Re: Are Yorubas Truly The Most Educated In Nigeria? by Twistaray(m): 8:30am On May 02, 2015
tonychristopher:

Yoruba man ...if you ever watched. The new masquarade in the 80s you will jegede sokoya..that is the true reflection of Yoruba man

Obnoxious and loqacious

See logic of nna oo(yeeboo)
So, your draw your fact from yoruba dance.

..and what an irony undecided yeeboo dude is referring yoruba as chestbeater?
Even in S/A,all across tribe yeeboo are well known,historical chestbeater.

Please no vex me oo else I might bombard you with facts.

Yeye Yeye boi

Cowardiiiiii yebooo grin
Re: Are Yorubas Truly The Most Educated In Nigeria? by tonychristopher: 8:46am On May 02, 2015
Twistaray:

See logic of nna oo(yeeboo)
So, your draw your fact from yoruba dance.

..and what an irony undecided yeeboo dude is referring yoruba as chestbeater?
Even in S/A,all across tribe yeeboo are well known,historical chestbeater.

Please no vex me oo else I might bombard you with facts.

Yeye Yeye boi

Cowardiiiiii yebooo grin

Oga I no talk dance ....yet comprehend

Go and watch NEW MASQURADE .AND whatch jegede sokoya and akpina

That is how yorubas behave

I don't get moved by your noises at all
Re: Are Yorubas Truly The Most Educated In Nigeria? by Twistaray(m): 8:47am On May 02, 2015
tonychristopher:

Oga I no talk dance ....yet comprehend

Go and watch NEW MASQURADE .AND whatch jegede sokoya and akpina

That is how yorubas behave

I don't get moved by your noises at all

grin

You are just being delusional.
No vex me ooo grin
Re: Are Yorubas Truly The Most Educated In Nigeria? by tonychristopher: 8:51am On May 02, 2015
Twistaray:

grin

You are just being delusional.
No vex me ooo grin

Wetin concern me..if u vex go buy vespa

Jegede sokoya

Lol
Re: Are Yorubas Truly The Most Educated In Nigeria? by Twistaray(m): 8:53am On May 02, 2015
tonychristopher:

Wetin concern me..if u vex go buy vespa

Jegede sokoya

Lol

I can see you a gentle dude!!
Isoke, today nah Saturday sha!

Re: Are Yorubas Truly The Most Educated In Nigeria? by tonychristopher: 8:56am On May 02, 2015
Twistaray:

I can see you a gentle dude!!
Isoke, today nah Saturday sha!

That is why you dont allow yabs online to get better part of u

One bottle of remy on me
Re: Are Yorubas Truly The Most Educated In Nigeria? by Twistaray(m): 8:58am On May 02, 2015
tonychristopher:

That is why you dont allow yabs online to get better part of u

One bottle of remy on me

Isoke
Happy saturday grin
Re: Are Yorubas Truly The Most Educated In Nigeria? by juman(m): 9:07am On May 02, 2015
Twistaray:

grin
Can you please spare me abeg?
We are talking about quality you are talking about quantity.

And...how many of those result/study made it into the higher institution?

grin

You are not serious check it yourself.

When the time of yoruba to lead nigeria came, a yoruba man led nigeria for eight years and led nigeria astray.

2 Likes

Re: Are Yorubas Truly The Most Educated In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:16am On May 02, 2015
miracle11:
yet u have d highest number of touts and Omonile ' s ever known to man. See d times have changed but u guys will rather die Dan face facts. Keep living in past glory
Omo onile and the area boys are better than kidnappers, armed robbers, 419s, saboteurs, drug lords, prostitutes etc which you find at least one in two SE home.
Re: Are Yorubas Truly The Most Educated In Nigeria? by Twistaray(m): 9:18am On May 02, 2015
juman:

You are not serious check it yourself.

When the time of yoruba to lead nigeria came, a yoruba man led nigeria for eight years and led nigeria astray.

But bro easy now.
Why the insult nah?
Just prove me wrong and I shall chill!

How many of those made it into higher institutions? grin
Re: Are Yorubas Truly The Most Educated In Nigeria? by akinegba1: 9:20am On May 02, 2015
Twistaray:

But bro easy now.
Why the insult nah?
Just prove me wrong and I shall chill!

How many of those made it into higher institutions? grin

our graduates cannot compete with their graduates. for instance what is our cut off mark in the federal government unity school? we are the least after the north. SE and SS are leading as far as education is concerned presently in nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Are Yorubas Truly The Most Educated In Nigeria? by Twistaray(m): 9:27am On May 02, 2015
akinegba1:

our graduates cannot compete with their graduates. for instance what is our cut off mark in the federal government unity school? we are the least after the north. SE and SS are leading as far as education is concerned presently in nigeria.

grin
Must you use another i.d?
Please oo he's yet to answer my question.

Ok oo
I don hear your part o
Re: Are Yorubas Truly The Most Educated In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:36am On May 02, 2015
miracle11:
past glory no go kill una. touts and omoniles. How many of u truly go to school these days. Can't u find ur selves littered on d streets frustrating innocent people who are going about their jobs and businesses. Educated indeed.
In my street for example, there is no Yoruba family without at least 1 or 2 university undergraduates with their younger ones still in secondary school. Their Igbo counterparts are either selling what we call Bosikoro/Okrika clothings or learning 'one man business'' trade in their uncles shop. You get like one undergraduate out of four families. Hope u get the gist grin
Re: Are Yorubas Truly The Most Educated In Nigeria? by wadetaw202: 7:13pm On May 02, 2015
tonychristopher:

Why are yorubas like this ..you lack logical reasoning ..ni wonder your kind don't get educated

The topic. Is education not wandering

Nawa
it is you that is thoughtless and steupid. If you have any brain in your thoughtless head at all, you will realize I was only responding to another of your eediotic bloda.
Re: Are Yorubas Truly The Most Educated In Nigeria? by handsometokunbo: 8:42pm On May 02, 2015
madamoringo:
I hope you are not one of the pretend Yorubas! We don't beat our chests over anything, we just do our thing, move forward and conquer new grounds and surmount new obstacles.

Leave chest-beating for the Beastafra people.

That is a Yoruba Nation definition right there.

An intelligent sister from Yoruba Nation answered your question perfectly without mincing words.

We don't know how to shout; we usually accomplished our dreams and move to new obstacles.

We set the pace at all time while d rest follow e.g TV and Radio as well as first University in Nigeria etc

The only region in Nigeria with all Nigerians from different ethnic groups

The only region that gives room for foreign dignitaries to enjoy their missions in Nigeria peacefully and leave without incidents.

The only region in Nigeria where Muslims and Christians unprecedentedly set a peace template of peaceful coexistence for Muslims and Christians around d world.

The only region in Nigeria where politicians are hold accountable for their actions by citizens - Yorubas. Eg Fayemi

The only region in Nigeria where a local politician career is over d moment he/she is found guity or indicted by anti-corruption agencies . Eg Bankole, Bode George, Patricia Ette, Tafa Balogun,

2 Likes

Re: Are Yorubas Truly The Most Educated In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Aug 06, 2015
veraponpo:

Hmmm. They will always deceive themselves.

My bro, the issue of most educated and most advanced happened from the 18th century to 19th century when the first doctors, lawyers, accountants, engineers, first university, stadium, sky scraper, television , radio, etc were all in Yoruba land.

This made Yoruba land to be the most advanced , educated , civilized, etc more than other tribes. In fact, it is on record that Bishop Ajayi Crowther led the missionaries that taught the Igbo how to write in Igbo language. The Easterners used to come to the West for education, etc then.

These are the facts that cannot be erased in Nigeria.

Finally, because education is now available everywhere, it won't be proper to say some are not educated again, we can only say the northern part is relatively more backward than the Southern part.

Igbos were writing wit Nsibidi long before d white man came.
Re: Are Yorubas Truly The Most Educated In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Aug 06, 2015
Sanchez01:

Yes, they are. Ekiti has the highest number of Professors in Nigeria. I know this to be true. As touching a statistics, I don't have this but anyone schooling or who schooled in the SW and is well updated know this to be true.

U pipo just sit down in sw n type rubbish, guy look for info n den make sure u start travelling out, nigeria does not start n end in sw.

For ur info, imo state has the highest number of registered professors in nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Scatec Solar Secures 100 MW Solar Project In Nigeria. / Ambode Thanks Lagos Residents, Vows More Transformation In 2017 / PANDEF: Yemi Osinbajo Frustrating Development In Niger Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.