Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,367 members, 7,826,445 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

Andrew Chan Writes Drug-Warning Letter To Worldwide Kids - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Andrew Chan Writes Drug-Warning Letter To Worldwide Kids (33676 Views)

Drug Dealers And Users Punishment Worldwide / One-Million-Boys Robbery Gang Writes Ojo, Badagry Residents / 2 Nigerians Arrested Over Ice Imported In Fridges And Jackie Chan-branded DVDs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Andrew Chan Writes Drug-Warning Letter To Worldwide Kids by CuteMaryJ: 7:39pm On Apr 30, 2015
Andrew Chan is one of the 8 people executed in Indonesia two days ago. He was known as the Bali 9 ringleader. Before he was executed by a firing squad, Andrew wrote haunting letter to school children around the world where he revealed how he became addicted to drugs at age 15 and warns teens not to follow his footsteps. The letter was read out by Chan himself, from inside his Indonesian prison cell,as part of a documentary made available to schools. After introducing himself, the Australian said;

'Now the reason why I'm writing you this letter is to address you guys about the dangers of drugs and the effects it can have on you and also others. To tell you a little bit about my life story, I was once 15, 16 and it wasn't too long ago I was sitting in a class just like you guys.

I was an average kid and let me tell you that my teachers didn't like me one bit andI was no teacher's pet. But to cut a long story short, I got mixed up with drugs at a pretty young age and by the time I was 15 Iwas merged into the scene.

Ive done things which I am not proud of in my life and I've made some pretty stupid decisions. My life is a perfect example of an absolute waste.

Now to elaborate the effects of where I am, I've missed weddings, I've missed funerals and the simple presence of my own family.

The hurt and pain - I don't just put it onto myself, but the pain I put on my family is agonising. A simple touch such as a hug is not possible for a condemned man like me. I have nothing but an iron bar to hug rather than to be embraced by those I loveand who I miss.

What you choose today will make what you become tomorrow. If you want to be athug and a big bad wolf, I'll see you soon inside. But for those that want to do something in life I'd like you guys to see how important it is to put your head down and study hard.

I hope these words will penetrate in your minds and in your hearts and I hope that most of you, if not all of you, will achieve more than I ever did.'

{Source:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3060842/My-life-perfect-example-absolute-waste-Andrew-Chan-s-haunting-letter-schoolchildren-world-warning-dangers-drugs.html}

23 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Andrew Chan Writes Drug-Warning Letter To Worldwide Kids by naijainfogalery: 7:46pm On Apr 30, 2015
Eyaaaaa another precious life gone, what happened to second chance and i wonder why people are bold to still carry drugs to these countries. Of all the countries on earth, You didnt do US where they will put you in Air conditioned prisons

RIP bro

SAY NO TO DRUGS, IF YOU AGREE HIT LIKE

139 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Andrew Chan Writes Drug-Warning Letter To Worldwide Kids by drnairalov: 7:46pm On Apr 30, 2015
Don't do drugz...really touching sad

*goes to barbing salon

So The Barber told me half way into my hair cut that it is 4k. Now we are both looking for super glue to buy

PLS WHY?? cry cry

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Andrew Chan Writes Drug-Warning Letter To Worldwide Kids by jamex93(m): 7:46pm On Apr 30, 2015
the head is already off
too late to cry

i pray u rest well
Re: Andrew Chan Writes Drug-Warning Letter To Worldwide Kids by siraj1402(m): 7:46pm On Apr 30, 2015
Now he realized. I always say it that no one is into drug dealing because of poverty but to live above a common man.If not,you can get money to buy drug,buy ticket and book for an hotel abroad and you said you are in poverty. Se bi o ti mo elewa sapon.

7 Likes

Re: Andrew Chan Writes Drug-Warning Letter To Worldwide Kids by veekid(m): 7:47pm On Apr 30, 2015
I dnt know this man
Re: Andrew Chan Writes Drug-Warning Letter To Worldwide Kids by Vivipop(f): 7:47pm On Apr 30, 2015

...and at the end, your whole life plays out in front of you, but then it's always too late to turn back the hands of time. I hope the youths listen and learn from your horrible ordeal. RIP...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Andrew Chan Writes Drug-Warning Letter To Worldwide Kids by helphelp: 7:48pm On Apr 30, 2015
Awww
Re: Andrew Chan Writes Drug-Warning Letter To Worldwide Kids by Tic4tac(m): 7:48pm On Apr 30, 2015
Hmmm...
Re: Andrew Chan Writes Drug-Warning Letter To Worldwide Kids by soldierdollar(m): 7:48pm On Apr 30, 2015
Ok
Re: Andrew Chan Writes Drug-Warning Letter To Worldwide Kids by LordCenturion(m): 7:48pm On Apr 30, 2015
Rest in peace, to tackle drug stuff, kashamu need to be jail

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Andrew Chan Writes Drug-Warning Letter To Worldwide Kids by Nobody: 7:48pm On Apr 30, 2015
Pls let SENATOR BILLIONAIRE Buruji Kashamu respond to this letter jare...

Ah ah..

Here, where we come from, it is wellllll encouraged...

1 Like

Re: Andrew Chan Writes Drug-Warning Letter To Worldwide Kids by nibson(m): 7:48pm On Apr 30, 2015
Too late to cry when d head is off......
Re: Andrew Chan Writes Drug-Warning Letter To Worldwide Kids by tucky200(m): 7:49pm On Apr 30, 2015
Baba learned from his mistake...
Me sef don learn from ur mistake grin
Re: Andrew Chan Writes Drug-Warning Letter To Worldwide Kids by chefremy(m): 7:49pm On Apr 30, 2015
.well this will be a lesson for all
Re: Andrew Chan Writes Drug-Warning Letter To Worldwide Kids by yibobasher2: 7:49pm On Apr 30, 2015
Quick money = quick death

2 Likes

Re: Andrew Chan Writes Drug-Warning Letter To Worldwide Kids by Nobody: 7:49pm On Apr 30, 2015
cry A lesson for all
Re: Andrew Chan Writes Drug-Warning Letter To Worldwide Kids by kingstylo01(m): 7:49pm On Apr 30, 2015
How i wish they will listen and learn from his mistake...

Too bad...

Youngsters shouldn't be the only ones too learn from this, parents too.

Bring up your child(ren) in the right way and teach them the right thing while they are still kids, also monitor the type of kids they move with and keep because evil company corrupts good manners.

5 Likes

Re: Andrew Chan Writes Drug-Warning Letter To Worldwide Kids by Leojamesjames(m): 7:49pm On Apr 30, 2015
Don't do drugs, you might be lucky once and your might not lucky the other time.
Re: Andrew Chan Writes Drug-Warning Letter To Worldwide Kids by UnknownT: 7:49pm On Apr 30, 2015
Reading this from YORK, if you understand what I mean cry

2 Likes

Re: Andrew Chan Writes Drug-Warning Letter To Worldwide Kids by Badgers14: 7:50pm On Apr 30, 2015
I hope people will listen and learn from his mistakes... but somebody somewhere will call him a jew guy sad until they get caught and they will blame every body from their Village witch to the president grin grin check out them videos on youtube. . plenty off them from guys caught in Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore .

Who have ears let him ear, there is nothing like having peace of mind. whatever you are doing, live a straight life, keep ya head up, it aint easy out there but slow and steady wins the race.

May ALmighty GOD bless your hussles cool

7 Likes

Re: Andrew Chan Writes Drug-Warning Letter To Worldwide Kids by bizzlemie(m): 7:50pm On Apr 30, 2015
OP, why is the letter in the picture different from what's posted? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Andrew Chan Writes Drug-Warning Letter To Worldwide Kids by Motolank: 7:50pm On Apr 30, 2015
Them go hear ni?
Re: Andrew Chan Writes Drug-Warning Letter To Worldwide Kids by Nobody: 7:50pm On Apr 30, 2015
Flat mates needed. Call: 08170255773
Re: Andrew Chan Writes Drug-Warning Letter To Worldwide Kids by arshavineering(m): 7:50pm On Apr 30, 2015
so touching. ..but 'go and die'
Re: Andrew Chan Writes Drug-Warning Letter To Worldwide Kids by CountDracula(m): 7:51pm On Apr 30, 2015
Dis doesn't change anythng
Re: Andrew Chan Writes Drug-Warning Letter To Worldwide Kids by ridwan4u(m): 7:51pm On Apr 30, 2015
E yah. Front page at last.
Re: Andrew Chan Writes Drug-Warning Letter To Worldwide Kids by EazyJ(f): 7:51pm On Apr 30, 2015
Touching

He who has ears....
Re: Andrew Chan Writes Drug-Warning Letter To Worldwide Kids by Bonapart(m): 7:51pm On Apr 30, 2015
Heaven awaits you bruh no doubt about it....

I heard you guys sang amazing grace before the bullets penetrate y'all heart... the Grace is available...
If it was all good you wouldn't have involve in drugs...
My heart goes out to your family and friends.
I never knew you guys but i felt the pain of ur departure more... Heaven is ur home

12 Likes

Re: Andrew Chan Writes Drug-Warning Letter To Worldwide Kids by Nobody: 7:51pm On Apr 30, 2015
Don't do drugs, kids.
Re: Andrew Chan Writes Drug-Warning Letter To Worldwide Kids by Nobody: 7:52pm On Apr 30, 2015
naijainfogalery:
Eyaaaaa another precious life gone, what happened to second chance and i wonder why people are bold to still carry drugs to these countries. Of all the countries on earth, You didnt do US where they will put you in Air conditioned prisons

RIP bro

SAY NO TO DRUGS, IF YOU AGREE HIT LIKE

grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osinachi: Autopsy Report Out, FCT Seeks Legal Advice / Okada Rider Arrested In Anambra For Snatching Baby From Mother (Photos) / Hooker Hooks A Client Who Refused Paying Her Balance In Ikeja, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.