Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,480 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

The Greatest Profession - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Greatest Profession (778 Views)

ABORTION: The Greatest Destroyer Of Peace / Is It Proper To Be In The Same Profession With Your Spouse?? / A Wife's Greatest Weapon. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Greatest Profession by farano(f): 11:36pm On Apr 30, 2015
What life-long occupation or business is chosen by more people than any other? What profession or business do more people follow than any other?

Home-Making, the business of the home is the greatest profession in the world. More men and women are engaged in it than in any other occupation. More young people enter this profession than the combined totals of all other professions. This is one life-work that everyone should prepare for, and which almost everyone needs. Yet Home-Making is probably the least prepared for of any profession or business in the world. The home is the backbone of every nation, whatever kind it may be.

In Home-Making, ability to do the work better brings more satisfaction and better results. Both men and women need to prepare themselves for marriage. If only one person prepares and works towards a happy home, the result can be only half a home.

It is vital to be intelligent in choosing a life companion. One's future in this world depends a great deal on the choice of one's partner. Those who are truly wise will seek the guiding influence of their creator in choosing a life partner and will pray much before making such an important step. If you were in the habit of praying twice a day before you thought of marriage, you should pray four times a day when you plan to marry smiley .

1 Share

Re: The Greatest Profession by Nobody: 11:26pm On May 01, 2015
Yes, its a great career path, and u're hired! Thank me later cool
Re: The Greatest Profession by Baba419(m): 12:47am On May 02, 2015
Nowadays that no woman wants to sit at home for fear of being called a housewife, how we go do am now?
Re: The Greatest Profession by okotv(m): 12:50am On May 02, 2015
home making used to be it but the 21st century has battered it.
Re: The Greatest Profession by bukatyne(f): 7:27pm On May 02, 2015
Baba419:
Nowadays that no woman wants to sit at home for fear of being called a housewife, how we go do am now?

I doubt the OP is referring to stay @ home wives.

She is talking about both parties learning What it means to build their marriage.

@Baba419, the OP continually talked of men and women yet somehow, you singled out the women.
Re: The Greatest Profession by bukatyne(f): 7:27pm On May 02, 2015
@Farano:

Nice one
Re: The Greatest Profession by okotv(m): 7:33pm On May 02, 2015
bukatyne:

I doubt the OP is referring to stay @ home wives.

She is talking about both parties learning What it means to build their marriage.

@Baba419, the OP continually talked of men and women yet somehow, you singled out the women.
and where in my post did I make allusions to women only ?
Re: The Greatest Profession by bukatyne(f): 7:36pm On May 02, 2015
okotv:
and where in my post did I make allusions to women only ?

I must have misunderstood your post.
Re: The Greatest Profession by okotv(m): 7:40pm On May 02, 2015
bukatyne:

I must have misunderstood your post.

Okay, you can read it again.

The 21st century has made homemaking very difficult to keep up with. Norms are discarded and some unconventional things are being introduced.
Re: The Greatest Profession by farano(f): 9:10pm On May 02, 2015
bukatyne:
@Farano:
Nice one
Thanks smiley

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Housemaid Wahala!!! / New Tactics Applied By Blacks In America To Avoid Police Brutality / See What A Son Did To His Old Mother. So Emotional!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.