Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,110 members, 7,811,127 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:00 AM

APC Accuses Jonathan Of Hindering Smooth Transition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Accuses Jonathan Of Hindering Smooth Transition (13580 Views)

How I Warned Jonathan Of Northern Conspiracy That Led To His Defeat – David Mark / APC Accuses Jonathan’s Govt Of Hindering Smooth Transition Of Power / APC Accuses Jonathan Of ‘last-minute Dubious Activities’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Accuses Jonathan Of Hindering Smooth Transition by Emenahagos02(m): 6:21am On May 01, 2015
The All Progressives Congress (APC) has accused the Jonathan Administration of plotting to hinder a smooth handover of power on May 29.

According to the party’s assessment of the outgoing regime, it is becoming apparent that it will not fully cooperate with the incoming government, despite its public posturing in that regard.

In a statement issued in Abuja yesterday by its National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, the APC also described as an act of hostility and a patently-misplaced aggression the unnecessary vituperation against the incoming Buhari administration” by the Jonathan government, ostensibly because of the terms of reference of the Buhari Transition Committee, “but in reality part of an orchestrated plot to sabotage the transition.”

The party, “rejected the continued blackmail by the Jonathan administration as a result of President Jonathan’s concession of defeat,” wondering whether the concession, “gracious as it was,” has now become a shield for all wrong doings.

“We are sick and tired of being blackmailed by the ‘Jonathanians.’ Gen. Buhari won the March 28 Presidential election fair and square, having satisfied both constitutional and other statutory requirements. We have no apology for our victory, and the concession of defeat – while it may have increased the political stock of President Jonathan – has by no means diminished the historic and emphatic victory of Gen.Muhammadu Buhari and the All Progressives Congress,” the party said.

Justifying its allegation  that the Jonathan administration was plotting to hinder a smooth transition of power, the party said while the outgoing government had earlier issued a memo to all ministries, departments and agencies to make sure their handover notes were ready by April 20, the same government has now reversed itself and said the handover notes would not be ready until May 14.

It stated: “With the new date, the Buhari Transition Committee will have little or no time to take a thorough look at the handover notes or seek clarification on knotty issues, effectively handing it (Buhari Transition Committee) a fait accompli as far as the handover notes are concerned.

“This does not augur well for a smooth transition and gives the impression that the outgoing administration is trying to hide something.”

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=117269

8 Likes

Re: APC Accuses Jonathan Of Hindering Smooth Transition by Ngasky(m): 6:32am On May 01, 2015
The outgoing PDP led government is trying to hinder the smooth transition.
Whether APC Commette have enough time or not before may 29 is irrelevant we have 4 good years to look at their handing over note and take necessary action henceforth.
This is petty vengence from the most corrupt government ever in history of Nigeria.
The APC government should also scrutinize the states and local governments in ALL states of the federation

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Accuses Jonathan Of Hindering Smooth Transition by DickDastardly(m): 6:36am On May 01, 2015
angry
Thats all they are good at. Accusing Jonathan and denying their campaign promises.
Well, whoever sends those no-gooders.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Accuses Jonathan Of Hindering Smooth Transition by onyi4edu(f): 6:44am On May 01, 2015
Why do I sense sarcasm in this piece undecided

5 Likes

Re: APC Accuses Jonathan Of Hindering Smooth Transition by olaideeeedris(m): 6:47am On May 01, 2015
APC have won the presidential election. I don't see any reason why they should go public with everything

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Accuses Jonathan Of Hindering Smooth Transition by zangiff(m): 6:50am On May 01, 2015
Jona the Clueless.....

18 Likes

Re: APC Accuses Jonathan Of Hindering Smooth Transition by nonxo007(m): 6:50am On May 01, 2015
This is just the beginning, excuses here and there already. When GMB govt doesn't preform they would still blame GEJ for their failure. Let's watch and see how GMB d messiah would bring change. Season 1..

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Accuses Jonathan Of Hindering Smooth Transition by msmon(m): 6:50am On May 01, 2015
Lai Muhammed talks too much, I will recommend him to read Law 4 of '48 Laws Of Power' by Robert Greene 'Always Say Less Than Necessary'.

APC is now the ruling party and they can't afford to be going public with everything. Haba.

15 Likes

Re: APC Accuses Jonathan Of Hindering Smooth Transition by okoloikenna(m): 6:51am On May 01, 2015
Sir #Gej so many nigerians home and abroad has automatically adopted u as there role model after u made d most significant call in d history of nigeria we pray d Good record uve set dat u accomplish it in peace pls Sir we de beg jus do whatever will make d incoming govt a successful one d's Naija belongs to all of us so make it Fair fr d masses

GOD bless you

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Accuses Jonathan Of Hindering Smooth Transition by tolustx(m): 6:51am On May 01, 2015
These are just flimsy claims by APC again. That is how they came up with the Interim national government rumour too and we didn't see anything like it. A change of dates by 2 weeks is not too much. They still have 2 weeks to go through the handover notes and clarify whateva needs to be clarified. I believe APC has chosen the most brilliant and sharpest pple they can think of into the transition committee.
U guys should take a chill pill and face what's head of u. After may 29th, there will be no 'Goodluck administration' to blme again o. So get used to it!

12 Likes

Re: APC Accuses Jonathan Of Hindering Smooth Transition by kayboy4y(m): 6:51am On May 01, 2015
If they like let it be May 29 before they make the notes available, APC as a Progressive is full of Intellectuals who know the know how and capable of coordinating things withing a twinkle of an eye PDP is just trying all means to delay, distrupt and distabilise every process. Make una do waka go na. Afterall, mama Piss has relocated to Rivers state since March 30. Smart woman.

GMB my hero, Fashola my role model, Kwankwaso my Political guru and Amechi, my political gladiator. Sai APC

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Accuses Jonathan Of Hindering Smooth Transition by hassan85(m): 6:51am On May 01, 2015
After de wil say Apc complains about everything. Y wont they. After hand over note were writen 4 april suddently sackings and massive employments. Jona nd clueless ministers! Acusing apc of pararel govt to distract nigerians! Its a lie. Removing subsidy to habour buharis chances. Ben Bruse whom i respect s sayn buhari wil fail an american nigerian! Being in pdp implies hes now a fool yes a fool and tort. Keep failing pdp change has come. Wait and see hw apc clear every seats come 2019. U can see how submissive d ibos are becoming ds days. Using diplomacy to persuading baba! Time wil tell.

12 Likes

Re: APC Accuses Jonathan Of Hindering Smooth Transition by Firefire(m): 6:52am On May 01, 2015
APC and continuous accusation ...

I hope you would be able to accuse yourself by yourself when yourself begin to derail.

nonsensical nonsense. undecided

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Accuses Jonathan Of Hindering Smooth Transition by tempex88(m): 6:53am On May 01, 2015
Ok
Re: APC Accuses Jonathan Of Hindering Smooth Transition by joseph1832(m): 6:53am On May 01, 2015
Even I am very surprised that the APC actually believed that GEJ and his ban of incompetent PDPians will make things easy for them.

The agony of defeat will further make GEJ and his cohorts misbehave badly. I will not even be surprised if they start behaving like FFK!.

However way the want to look at it, May 29 is fast approaching. 28 more days to go!. grin

SAI BABA!.

10 Likes

Re: APC Accuses Jonathan Of Hindering Smooth Transition by Chanchit: 6:53am On May 01, 2015
Them just dey put fuel for their fire, the more you misbehave, the higher the scrutiny, even if there's no time to verify the last minute looting, there would be time to look at it after may29, kirikiri is still open, as e dey go sef, GEJ still fit lodge for room26 cos MamaP don book room25.

2 Likes

Re: APC Accuses Jonathan Of Hindering Smooth Transition by bright007(f): 6:54am On May 01, 2015
APC accuses Jonathan of hindering smooth transition.........
shoro niyen?

APC cannot just do without propaganda every single day

3 Likes

Re: APC Accuses Jonathan Of Hindering Smooth Transition by swisschris(m): 6:54am On May 01, 2015
Pls let me hear word,politics in the morning is a bad omen
Re: APC Accuses Jonathan Of Hindering Smooth Transition by slys(m): 6:54am On May 01, 2015
Ok
Re: APC Accuses Jonathan Of Hindering Smooth Transition by Donmams(m): 6:55am On May 01, 2015
The PDP is confused as they are not able to hide all their corruption and embezzlement in time for hand over. The truth is 5 years of rot cannot be covered in a month. The PDP has a lot to answer for in the coming months. Whether there is a smooth transition or not, PDP must handover May 29th.
The day of reckoning is surely at hand.

3 Likes

Re: APC Accuses Jonathan Of Hindering Smooth Transition by okoloikenna(m): 6:55am On May 01, 2015
Firefire:
APC and continuous accusation ...

I hope you would be able to accuse yourself by yourself when yourself begin to derail.

nonsensical nonsense. undecided

Try read d news b4 u comment dnt jus read d Headline and rush to comment
Read d news again u will see y d accusation is justifiable

6 Likes

Re: APC Accuses Jonathan Of Hindering Smooth Transition by ireneony(f): 6:55am On May 01, 2015
undecided
all these apc cry babies..
what do they want from jonathan, they won yet they are complaining

well am patiently waiting for the fuel subsidy removalgrin

1 Like

Re: APC Accuses Jonathan Of Hindering Smooth Transition by darejem4real: 6:55am On May 01, 2015
Huuunm
Re: APC Accuses Jonathan Of Hindering Smooth Transition by eonuegbu20: 6:56am On May 01, 2015
Shaping Up... in other News...

Re: APC Accuses Jonathan Of Hindering Smooth Transition by Hardewarlee(m): 6:56am On May 01, 2015
They will always put the blame on Jonah ! , I wonder how the blame wud be if GEJ won in the march28 election. Putting blames continues while Manifestos also continues to change. Chai #daris god oooooo
Re: APC Accuses Jonathan Of Hindering Smooth Transition by ficons: 6:56am On May 01, 2015
Story for the gods

1 Like

Re: APC Accuses Jonathan Of Hindering Smooth Transition by Nobody: 6:56am On May 01, 2015
May 29 is around the corner. No cause for alarm.
Re: APC Accuses Jonathan Of Hindering Smooth Transition by mrborntodoit: 6:56am On May 01, 2015
APC and noise is like bread and akara grin

Them never enter office,dem don deny their manifesto cheesy

Them never even start one project ,them don dey talk about the one wey dem no fit d because of crude oil price (what a scam shocked )

Na now Buhari remember say him nor be magician angry

Our youths will only have themselves to blame
Re: APC Accuses Jonathan Of Hindering Smooth Transition by tempex88(m): 6:57am On May 01, 2015
Mr Lia, All I read is grammar, APC doesn't need any smooth transition, come 29 May, present government will vacate office. Then my GMB can carry on from there, smooth or no smooth. How many government they do smooth transition? Abi if na court sack president on election fraud, APC go still dey wait smooth transition. Am APC fan and I don't think there is need for any 'smooth' transition. All we need is transition and we will get that 29 May.

3 Likes

Re: APC Accuses Jonathan Of Hindering Smooth Transition by WOCKHARDI(m): 6:57am On May 01, 2015
Hand over note. I thought May 29 is the hand over date.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

LASTMA To Adopt New System Of Booking Offenders / Biafrians Are Loving The Yorubas More / El-Rufai: Kaduna To Stop Relying On Federal Allocation Soon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.