Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,084 members, 7,835,654 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

Confering GCON On Bola Tinubu Is Expedient - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Confering GCON On Bola Tinubu Is Expedient (1756 Views)

Evander Holyfield Fights Bola Tinubu In Lagos, Wole Soyinka Is Referee-pm NEWS / Bola Tinubu Is No God – Melaye / Confering GCON On Bola Tinubu Is Expedient (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Confering GCON On Bola Tinubu Is Expedient by JingoOAU(m): 8:07am On May 01, 2015
Looking at the list of those who were fortunate to be conferred with the Grand Commander of the Order of the Niger(hope am correct), I think it's politically expedient that the next National Award should honour someone like Tinubu with the GCON title.

Hate or like him, his contributions to the political development of this country can never be waved aside. Infact, Buhari and the teeming APC fans owe him for single-handedly ensuring that Buhari emerge victorious at the primaries.

In my research, I realise that despite his enormous contributions to Nigerian politics, he has never been given any national awards, whereas, people like Edwin Clark, Bode George, Theodore Orji, Alams, Lucky Igbinedion, James Ibori, Aodoakaa, akala, Gbenga Daniel, and host of others who contributed little or nothing to the political development of this country.

Since the GCON is no more a preserve entity for our Vice Presidents, then it's very right and in order that Tinubu be given such an honour

I might be true or wrong, but your suggestions are welcome

2 Likes

Re: Confering GCON On Bola Tinubu Is Expedient by madamoringo(f): 8:15am On May 01, 2015
Supported! He deserves it!!

2 Likes

Re: Confering GCON On Bola Tinubu Is Expedient by Nobody: 8:25am On May 01, 2015
wow. one of the biggest thief in Nigerian history should be awarded with the nation's second highest award,

Some Yorubas and their sense of change and loyalty

2 Likes

Re: Confering GCON On Bola Tinubu Is Expedient by kettykings: 8:43am On May 01, 2015
Not only Bola tinubu, there should be a GOOD post humous award for Dr Oyenusi, Jogbjogbo, Awolowo

1 Like

Re: Confering GCON On Bola Tinubu Is Expedient by JingoOAU(m): 9:06am On May 01, 2015
masterchi:
wow. one of the biggest thief in Nigerian history should be awarded with the nation's second highest award,

Some Yorubas and their sense of change and loyalty

Whenever it concerns yorubas, you lots always ventilate, mention any living personality in your entire race who has done much more than what Tinubu has done and still doing in Nigeria politically

2 Likes

Re: Confering GCON On Bola Tinubu Is Expedient by JingoOAU(m): 9:06am On May 01, 2015
kettykings:
Not only Bola tinubu, there should be a GOOD post humous award for Dr Oyenusi, Jogbjogbo, Awolowo

Irrespective of your thinking, he's done lots more than what we can quantify

1 Like

Re: Confering GCON On Bola Tinubu Is Expedient by Nobody: 9:22am On May 01, 2015
JingoOAU:

Whenever it concerns yorubas, you lots always ventilate, mention any living personality in your entire race who has done much more than what Tinubu has done and still doing in Nigeria politically
offcos non has the ability to steal as well as Tinubu
Re: Confering GCON On Bola Tinubu Is Expedient by Volksfuhrer(m): 9:28am On May 01, 2015
What many do not understand is that a bloodless revolution has just occurred with Buhari's victory at the polls.

Call Tinubu whatever you like, one thing you cannot deny is his contribution towards making Buhari's presidency a reality. I make bold to say that his vision single-handedly delivered this country from the chokehold of PDP tyranny!

In my own estimation, GCON is even little for the Jagaban; but I believe he would graciously accept the honour.

2 Likes

Re: Confering GCON On Bola Tinubu Is Expedient by JingoOAU(m): 9:29am On May 01, 2015
Volksfuhrer:
What many do not understand is that a bloodless revolution has just occurred with Buhari's victory at the polls.

Call Tinubu whatever you like, one thing you cannot deny is his contribution towards making Buhari's presidency a reality. I make bold to say that his vision single-handedly delivered this country from the chokehold of PDP tyranny!

In my own estimation, GCON is even little for the Jagaban; but I believe he would graciously accept the honour.

Some of these bigots can't stomach that

1 Like

Re: Confering GCON On Bola Tinubu Is Expedient by joseph1832(m): 9:38am On May 01, 2015
JingoOAU:
Looking at the list of those who were fortunate to be conferred with the Grand Commander of the Order of the Niger(hope am correct), I think it's politically expedient that the next National Award should honour someone like Tinubu with the GCON title.

Hate or like him, his contributions to the political development of this country can never be waved aside. Infact, Buhari and the teeming APC fans owe him for single-handedly ensuring that Buhari emerge victorious at the primaries.

In my research, I realise that despite his enormous contributions to Nigerian politics, he has never been given any national awards, whereas, people like Edwin Clark, Bode George, Theodore Orji, Alams, Lucky Igbinedion, James Ibori, Aodoakaa, akala, Gbenga Daniel, and host of others who contributed little or nothing to the political development of this country.

Since the GCON is no more a preserve entity for our Vice Presidents, then it's very right and in order that Tinubu be given such an honour

I might be true or wrong, but your suggestions are welcome
And just who gave the rogues mentioned above national honors?.

Give up?

Its the PDP!!!.

So my good man, don't be surprise. Thieves celebrate thieves!.
Re: Confering GCON On Bola Tinubu Is Expedient by WisdomFlakes: 10:14am On May 01, 2015
He deserves it and he'll get it. Buhari will see to that.
Re: Confering GCON On Bola Tinubu Is Expedient by kettykings: 10:15am On May 01, 2015
JingoOAU:

Irrespective of your thinking, he's done lots more than what we can quantify

Please what really has he done to deserve it
Re: Confering GCON On Bola Tinubu Is Expedient by JingoOAU(m): 10:20am On May 01, 2015
kettykings:

I think Jonathan is in the best position to answer your question
Re: Confering GCON On Bola Tinubu Is Expedient by WisdomFlakes: 10:23am On May 01, 2015
kettykings:

No amount of explanation or justification will suffice to a committed hater like you. How many previous conferees are any more deserving of the award than Tinubu? Yeye dey smell.
Re: Confering GCON On Bola Tinubu Is Expedient by yetunsbay(m): 10:46am On May 01, 2015
masterchi:
offcos non has the ability to steal as well as Tinubu
wot I know is that this Tinubu doesn't even know u exist...........so if he's being. honoured go take it fr him
Re: Confering GCON On Bola Tinubu Is Expedient by Nobody: 11:13am On May 01, 2015
yetunsbay:
wot I know is that this Tinubu doesn't even know u exist...........so if he's being. honoured go take it fr him
who cares what he knows and dont know? and dont worry, one day even he is dead he'll account for every kobo he has stolen not just him bt every political thief u consider ur saviour because he is yoruba.
Re: Confering GCON On Bola Tinubu Is Expedient by Ayus34(m): 11:34am On May 01, 2015
JingoOAU:

u can even say dead or alive no igbo man is as great as Tinubu.
NOTE:
#ojukwu ran away from war as a coward after killing over 3million of his tribesmen
#akizwe the die hard fan of one Nigeria was a slave to d northern oligarchy till death even as a cceremonial president.
#Aguiyi ironsi foister on us till date the unitary system of govt,which is the bane of Nigeria problem,the same unitary system of govt ojukwu and the today biafra warlord are kicking against.
so can u now call those ones leaders that exhibit high level of cluelessness even more than GEJ.....Same tribe will ridicule other tribe leaders,forgetting that they ve no single leaders with foresight! !!
so dead or alive Tinubu is far ahead of their leaders.
Re: Confering GCON On Bola Tinubu Is Expedient by juman(m): 12:15pm On May 01, 2015
Hiss.

That the problem of politicians not the masses.

Any politicians that can provide better life to the masses are their semi gods. Those leaders would be loved and worship forever.

(1) (Reply)

US Updating Contingency Plans For Possible War With Russia: US Officials / What Buhari Meant When He Promised To Make Naira Equal To A Dollar / Photos: Olusegun Obasanjo In His Boys Scout Uniform

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.