Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,791 members, 7,824,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

Check Out The AMAZING Interior Of This Danfo Bus I Boarded Today - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Check Out The AMAZING Interior Of This Danfo Bus I Boarded Today (49857 Views)

A Policeman Hanging On A Danfo Bus! What I Saw On A Lagos Expressway Today / Danfo Bus Somersaults On Agege Motor Road, Lagos (photos) / Embarrassing Way Some Nigerians Boarded An Aircraft Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Check Out The AMAZING Interior Of This Danfo Bus I Boarded Today by muelzik(m): 4:50pm On May 01, 2015
Hopez456:
This one is Still Better, go to Ibadan and You will know what rickety bus means. Not all Ibadan buses sha o.

come to Benin City, you would see worse situations. Their own no even be damfo. A 9sitter bus, usually so dirty and come to talk of the noise from the engine and that from the bad speakers they attach to the bus. Really sounds like hell inside hell. But what do we do na?
Re: Check Out The AMAZING Interior Of This Danfo Bus I Boarded Today by richard870(m): 4:56pm On May 01, 2015
@Op, thanks 4 d lies undecided
Re: Check Out The AMAZING Interior Of This Danfo Bus I Boarded Today by Hopez456(m): 5:19pm On May 01, 2015
muelzik:

come to Benin City, you would see worse situations. Their own no even be damfo. A 9sitter bus, usually so dirty and come to talk of the noise from the engine and that from the bad speakers they attach to the bus. Really sounds like hell inside hell. But what do we do na?
Similar thing with the rickety bus drivers in Ibadan. You can't make or receive calls in those buses. Just Don't know if We have vio nd other related agencies in Nigeria.
Re: Check Out The AMAZING Interior Of This Danfo Bus I Boarded Today by Emmydot90(m): 5:27pm On May 01, 2015
You are very funny o so na work wen you enter the bus go do today that ure suppose to be resting sad
Re: Check Out The AMAZING Interior Of This Danfo Bus I Boarded Today by Nobody: 6:02pm On May 01, 2015
Oh, how I so much wish d picturres wwould load. Icant view them
Re: Check Out The AMAZING Interior Of This Danfo Bus I Boarded Today by Paschal55(m): 6:09pm On May 01, 2015
Dint notice anything...
Re: Check Out The AMAZING Interior Of This Danfo Bus I Boarded Today by IceDune: 6:58pm On May 01, 2015
CityNG:

The dashboard looks different from a VW product.

Guy, are you a danfo driver?
Re: Check Out The AMAZING Interior Of This Danfo Bus I Boarded Today by Nobody: 7:00pm On May 01, 2015
IceDune:

Guy, are you a danfo driver?

I've owned VW Buses before and actually searching for a Westfalia now.

Why do you ask?
Re: Check Out The AMAZING Interior Of This Danfo Bus I Boarded Today by skillsbaba(m): 7:01pm On May 01, 2015
Naughtysite:
This Op nah busy body..

grin

The driver didn't accost you for snapping his bus anyhow abi u be FBI ?

I do am codedly nah. his eye dey road and it wasn't easy driving that scrap
Re: Check Out The AMAZING Interior Of This Danfo Bus I Boarded Today by skillsbaba(m): 7:02pm On May 01, 2015
Emodeee:
@op, whr do u work?

@ BN234 Media (www.breakingnews234.com)
Re: Check Out The AMAZING Interior Of This Danfo Bus I Boarded Today by skillsbaba(m): 7:04pm On May 01, 2015
richard870:
@Op, thanks 4 d lies undecided

You're welcome.. don't mention undecided
Re: Check Out The AMAZING Interior Of This Danfo Bus I Boarded Today by skillsbaba(m): 7:06pm On May 01, 2015
qbd2:
Oh, how I so much wish d picturres wwould load. Icant view them

Is your network competing with the bus on crappiness?
Re: Check Out The AMAZING Interior Of This Danfo Bus I Boarded Today by Glocal1: 7:08pm On May 01, 2015
They r still better than d ones in Ibadan. I boarded one while coming back from church. Alas, just bfore I got to my bus-stop, d keg n hose dat d driver used to pass fuel caught fire right beside me. I don't know when I jumped from d wreakage while it was in motion, I almost fell face flat on d road, so many ladies fell flat on d road while trying to escape before d driver could stop d wretched bus. We eventually put out d fire with sand. I than my God till date for sparing me in dat incident.

1 Like

Re: Check Out The AMAZING Interior Of This Danfo Bus I Boarded Today by IceDune: 7:08pm On May 01, 2015
CityNG:

I've owned VW Buses before and actually searching for a Westfalia now.

Why do you ask?

They all look the same to me
Re: Check Out The AMAZING Interior Of This Danfo Bus I Boarded Today by Nobody: 7:12pm On May 01, 2015
skillsbaba:

Is your network competing with the bus on crappiness?
Help me ask mtn oh.
Re: Check Out The AMAZING Interior Of This Danfo Bus I Boarded Today by Nobody: 7:18pm On May 01, 2015
IceDune:

Oh they are very different.

VW Danfos will have engines in the back.
Re: Check Out The AMAZING Interior Of This Danfo Bus I Boarded Today by skillsbaba(m): 7:27pm On May 01, 2015
qbd2:

Help me ask mtn oh.

But Mtn dey try for data recently though I'm not going back to them ever
Re: Check Out The AMAZING Interior Of This Danfo Bus I Boarded Today by Nobody: 7:29pm On May 01, 2015
IceDune:

These are the dashboards of both old and new Danfos

Re: Check Out The AMAZING Interior Of This Danfo Bus I Boarded Today by Bofemsky(f): 7:43pm On May 01, 2015
skillsbaba:
It was going to be a very good workers day holiday but due to the nature of my work i still had to go to work today. As i got to the park, i rushed into the front seat of the next bus on the queue because i hate being packed in the back seat like sardines (even sardines have more spaces now since they started putting only 2 pieces). When the bus got filled, the driver collected his money and jumped into the driver's seat and that was when the first shock hit me.
If you look closely to the picture below, inside the circled line, you will see a something looking like a dirty chewing stick, well dear readers, that's the car key.
The driver stuck the key to the ignition twisted it like 6 times and the car came alive.

The next thing that caught my eye was the gear stick. The stick was so old and worn out that after shifting the gear, the stick always falls on my seat as support as seen in the picture below

How can i leave out the power steering

As the journey from NAHCO park to Ikeja medical road continued, i noticed that some brownish dust fell on me at every gallop, that was when i looked up to the roof of the car and behold it was bare. Stock to the bare metallic roof was an umbrella. (see image below) What the f**k is an umbrella doing in the roof? Does the roof leak while it rained? Immediately i imagined myself holding up an umbrella inside a car to shield myself from rain. It was so hilarious. I didn't know when i cracked a mild chuckle, attracting the attention of the driver and the guy beside me.

I decided to look round the car, that was when i noticed the garbage i was in. The car has lost all its insulations, no stereo or air vents, dusty rags line the windshield. The bus was not all that bad, atleast it could still move (at snail speed) though it shook like a vibrator and one more thing; the side mirrors were still intact!!! Yeah!!! he wins!!!

I came out of the car feeling dirty and shook up coupled with the fact that I'm going to work on a public holiday.
That is Naija for you; rugged as ever! The one I usually find funny most is, when you complain to the driver about something that is wrong with the car or bus, the driver be like, " na dis morning e spoil, when I drop passengers now, I dey go mechanic place!" And that's the song they will sing until the vehicle no gree move again! Lol

1 Like

Re: Check Out The AMAZING Interior Of This Danfo Bus I Boarded Today by floragregs(f): 7:57pm On May 01, 2015
skillsbaba:

why u dey take am personal... you never hear about this fuel scarcity? Na ur relation get the danfo?
was just playing wth u! Now who took it personal?
Re: Check Out The AMAZING Interior Of This Danfo Bus I Boarded Today by Enigma90(m): 8:33pm On May 01, 2015
Guy you value ur life??
bastien:
U never see something. Lol

I don enter the one without break,when he sight hold up for front e go off engine grin
Re: Check Out The AMAZING Interior Of This Danfo Bus I Boarded Today by Nobody: 8:33pm On May 01, 2015
Looks like a cab, not bus.
Re: Check Out The AMAZING Interior Of This Danfo Bus I Boarded Today by Nobody: 8:47pm On May 01, 2015
That danfo still try..
You should take a moment to explore ibadan city's danfo..

Don't even try it.. Except if you've been in Ibadan for 18 years..
Re: Check Out The AMAZING Interior Of This Danfo Bus I Boarded Today by bastien: 11:05pm On May 01, 2015
Enigma90:
Guy you value ur life??
if na my destiny to die that day so be it
Re: Check Out The AMAZING Interior Of This Danfo Bus I Boarded Today by DECOtech(m): 11:21pm On May 01, 2015
Hope your flight into the country was smooth.
Please calm down as you wld be seeing more of that.
Re: Check Out The AMAZING Interior Of This Danfo Bus I Boarded Today by UjSizzle(f): 11:24pm On May 01, 2015
jaybee3:

Here she is

Phew!

cheesy kiss
Re: Check Out The AMAZING Interior Of This Danfo Bus I Boarded Today by OpraMenu(m): 7:05am On May 02, 2015
YOU BE JJC FOR LAGOS ?
Re: Check Out The AMAZING Interior Of This Danfo Bus I Boarded Today by skillsbaba(m): 1:29pm On May 05, 2015
Bofemsky:
That is Naija for you; rugged as ever! The one I usually find funny most is, when you complain to the driver about something that is wrong with the car or bus, the driver be like, " na dis morning e spoil, when I drop passengers now, I dey go mechanic place!" And that's the song they will sing until the vehicle no gree move again! Lol

lol... exactly
Re: Check Out The AMAZING Interior Of This Danfo Bus I Boarded Today by skillsbaba(m): 1:30pm On May 05, 2015
DECOtech:
Hope your flight into the country was smooth.

Please calm down as you wld be seeing more of that.

lol..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Plane Forced To Make Emergency Landing After Passenger Refused To Stop Farting ( / 5 Most Underrated Cities In Nigeria / Train Crushes Man's Leg And Hand While Listening To Music In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.